PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bilas owns Dan LeBatard today...

Marco Polo
04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Do you know that Jay is also a lawyer for a firm in North Carolina on top of his broadcasting career?

I'd post it on here but all I know how to do is provide the link. It gets good at the 2:30 mark but worth listening to in its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGpfCxaz6c

My favorite line, "Okay, then take offense, it's stupid..."

banyon
04-10-2008, 09:24 PM
That was awesome.

Silock
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
lol

KCFalcon59
04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
ROFL me thinks le baretard is stupid.

Buehler445
04-10-2008, 09:36 PM
ROFL. Go Bilas! Talk about ownage...

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Anytime race is discussed you have the sanctimonious politically correct telling everyone they're stupid and to shutup. Seemed like his toes were on hot coals and didn't want to even go near the topic. Bilas sounds like a frightened schooled pc lib. He is not going to put his cushy job in jeopardy. He was definitely thinking of what happened to the Golf Channel chick. One innocent misconstrued thought taken out of context gets you fired.

BWillie
04-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Anytime race is discussed you have the sanctimonious politically correct telling everyone they're stupid and to shutup. Seemed like his toes were on hot coals and didn't want to even go near the topic. Bilas sounds like a frightened schooled pc lib. He is not going to put his cushy job in jeopardy. He was definitely thinking of what happened to the Golf Channel chick. One innocent misconstrued thought taken out of context gets you fired.

I somewhat agree with you. Lebatard is THEE most annoying talking head out there, but I think Jay overreacted a little bit. He could of dodge the topic a little better if he didn't want to discuss it. However, you never know what was talked about before the show. Maybe Jay specifically told them he did not want to discuss this issue, then I wouldn't blame him for going off on the tard.

Fruit Ninja
04-11-2008, 01:31 AM
That was cool. Dan Retard got owned. Bilas was stand up there. Dont even engage in a retarded discussion like that.

RedDread
04-11-2008, 01:35 AM
It was a stupid topic to begin with but then Lebretard started prefacing it with nationality to boot. I doubt anything will happen to him, unfortunately. He's one of the worst radio hosts in the business.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-11-2008, 01:43 AM
It was a stupid topic to begin with but then Lebretard started prefacing it with nationality to boot. I doubt anything will happen to him, unfortunately. He's one of the worst radio hosts in the business.

LMAO You knew someone would ask for his job.

RedDread
04-11-2008, 01:53 AM
LMAO You knew someone would ask for his job.

Yeah, except I'm asking for his job cause he sucks at it, not because of his racial commentary.

KC_Connection
04-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Hilarious.

DJay23
04-11-2008, 06:29 AM
I do like Jay Bilas, but I'm not sure a well informed 6th grader couldn't punk LeBetard.

Braincase
04-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Bilas was smart in refusing to get caught in a race-baiting trap. It's not about being PC, it's about self-preservation. If he were ever to come off as having any bias aat all, it would negatively effect his career. Lebetard was being a pushy ass as well, trying to differentiate between American caucasians and European caucasians. I applaud Bilas for his sensibility and integrity.

Reerun_KC
04-11-2008, 07:12 AM
ROFL. Go Bilas! Talk about pwnage...
FYP

Reerun_KC
04-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Holy Crap, Bilas is awesome!

KcMizzou
04-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Hah... Bravo! :clap:

Lzen
04-11-2008, 07:38 AM

The thing about it is that LeBatard's logic was all wrong. How can you talk about race and then mention white European players being better than white Americans? Jay was right about that. It was a stupid argument.

But I do agree to a certain extent that a lot of people don't want to touch race in this PC world these days. Unless, of course, it is dogging on white people. That is okay. :shake: