04-10-2008, 09:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/01/31/army.suicides.ap/index.html

As many as 121 Army soldiers committed suicide in 2007

BucEyedPea
04-10-2008, 10:03 PM
That is so sad.

Iowanian
04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Too many of those guys have been deployed to terrible places for 3 of the last 5 years of their lives.

Many return home to wives and money that are gone, wives and girlfriends pregnant with other men's children.......on top of the struggles they face while deployed and the things they've seen.

jAZ
04-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Too many of those guys have been deployed to terrible places for 3 of the last 5 years of their lives.

Many return home to wives and money that are gone, wives and girlfriends pregnant with other men's children.......on top of the struggles they face while deployed and the things they've seen.

"six days, six weeks, I doubt six months."

jiveturkey
04-11-2008, 07:16 AM
That f'in sucks. I really feel for those guys.

I went on just weak ass 6 month deployment when I was in and that ruined my marriage. I can't even begin to image what these guys are going through.

PhillyChiefFan
04-11-2008, 07:19 AM
That is so sad.

It really is.

I was watching Jarhead the other day, and was thinking about how sh*tty it would be to get a letter from a girlfriend/wife saying that they are leaving you and there is absolutly nothing you can do about it. It probably happens all the time too.

BucEyedPea
04-11-2008, 07:24 AM
It really is.

I was watching Jarhead the other day, and was thinking about how sh*tty it would be to get a letter from a girlfriend/wife saying that they are leaving you and there is absolutly nothing you can do about it. It probably happens all the time too.

That's all very sad too, including wives and gf's pregnant with other men's children. I've heard of the post stress horrors too of some shooting their wives. War affects their minds not just on the ground but in many other ways. Truly very sad. This makes me want to get involved in some group that helps these men.

PhillyChiefFan
04-11-2008, 07:31 AM
That's all very sad too, including wives and gf's pregnant with other men's children. I've heard of the post stress horrors too of some shooting their wives. War affects their minds not just on the ground but in many other ways. Truly very sad. This makes me want to get involved in some group that helps these men.

You and I both. One of my best friends is a Marine with the 1st Exp. Force and was deployed to Fallehujeh (sp?) and he came back and has told some stories that make you shudder about guys freaking out and becoming shellshocked. He was fine when he returned, but he was noticeably more mature. Before he left he was single and drank his ass off, and never really cared about school. Now he is back in school with a job, engaged and just purchased a house. With some of the stories he told me, its no wonder too.