PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a weekend!

DaKCMan AP
04-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Thursday night - kickball then the bar (MacDinton's)
Friday - beach then club (The Venue)
Saturday - party w/ beer pong tournament then Mons Venus

Anyone else have a great weekend?

MIAdragon
04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Mons Venus http://www.southfloridastangs.net/sfsforum/images/smilies/new/drool.gif

TinyEvel
04-13-2008, 01:59 PM
uh....Friday: my dad came over to do his laundry. I helped him fold the sheets.
Saturday: cleaned out the inside of my car.
Sunday: transfered some half-dead flowers from their Easter plastic pots into the ground.

w00t!

oh, got some midnight delight last night and then passed out.

double w00t!

DaKCMan AP
04-13-2008, 05:46 PM
uh....Friday: my dad came over to do his laundry. I helped him fold the sheets.
Saturday: cleaned out the inside of my car.
Sunday: transfered some half-dead flowers from their Easter plastic pots into the ground.

w00t!

oh, got some midnight delight last night and then passed out.

double w00t!

you win ;)

Phobia
04-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Friday - worked about 16 hours. Finished the evening at Pappis Pizza with Brando & his family.
Saturday - Slept until 10:00. Didn't get out of bed until 11:30, if you know what I mean. Worked about 4 hours.
Sunday - Church in the AM - changed oil in both vehicles, built limestone retaining wall around a planting bed.

KCChiefsMan
04-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Friday- went out to a little bar called sipango lounge. nothing special except staring at the hot Asian bartender with tig bitties.

Saturday- did nothing

Today- actually being productive

my weekend sucked pretty much.

thurman merman
04-13-2008, 06:11 PM
friday: rushed to kansas city from springfield after work to go to the royals game. was one of 130 people in attendance. it was freezing. they scored zero runs.

saturday: got to the royals game late. didn't get a free billy butler jersey. it was freezing. they scored zero runs.

sunday: drove home and listened to the royals win on the radio. they scored runs.

Rain Man
04-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Friday - ate leftover pizza.
Saturday - removed anti-theft tag from shoes, had pizza again.
Sunday - working. Trying to get rogue eyelash out of my eye.

kstater
04-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Sunday - working. Trying to get rogue eyelash out of my eye.

What kind of weird market research does that deal with?

Der Flöprer
04-13-2008, 06:56 PM
I've been a fat ass for the better part of 3 decades. This weekend I took some of my new found health and gathered up my wife and dog and went for a hike at Wallace Falls in Gold Bar WA. Great time. Ahh yes, the beauty of the Northwest.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Wallace+Falls

stlchiefs
04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Friday - ate leftover pizza.
Saturday - removed shoes from store, found a damn anti-theft tag on them when I arrived home, had pizza again.
Sunday - working. Trying to get ink out of my new shoes.

FYP

Deberg_1990
04-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Finished the evening at Pappis Pizza

How is that place these days?? Havent eaten there in years...but it was my fave pizza place growing up.

Phobia
04-13-2008, 07:38 PM
How is that place these days?? Havent eaten there in years...but it was my fave pizza place growing up.

It's still fair but not nearly as good as Funhouse (which it used to be one).

Now it's apparently under new ownership by a couple Indians and they're cheaping out on ingredients. Canned mushrooms friday and my wife's "tater skins" had fake bacon bits. That's pretty disappointing.

Deberg_1990
04-13-2008, 07:43 PM
It's still fair but not nearly as good as Funhouse (which it used to be one).

Now it's apparently under new ownership by a couple Indians and they're cheaping out on ingredients. Canned mushrooms friday and my wife's "tater skins" had fake bacon bits. That's pretty disappointing.

Wow, that sucks...

Yea, i always make it a point to visit Funhouse pizza when we are up there visiting the family.

Best pizza ive ever had in my life.

Count Alex's Losses
04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I worked out like a demon today. Protein shakes taste horrible.

kstater
04-13-2008, 07:55 PM
I worked out like a demon today. Protein shakes taste horrible.

OK, I think you worded it that way on purpose. Regardless, I'm running with it.

Trying to get the next NFL network gig from Nick?

KCChiefsMan
04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
oh ya I forgot to mention that I went to a bar by myself on Saturday night. The 1st time in my life I have ever done that, I was in the mood for a few Makers Mark & cokes and the liquor stores were closed at that point.

POND_OF_RED
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Thursday- My best friend turned 21 down in Springfield so I don't really know what I did that night. I know it had something to do with a place called "The Boogie" for $3 all you can drink for a couple of hours.

Friday- Cooked the Devil's Lettuce all day as an ancient remedy for the hangover I woke up with.

Saturday- Came back for the Royal's game. Waited in line for a jersey I didn't even want since I knew they would have no XXL. Game was fun, we looked good even in a loss. Drank heavily afterwards.

Sunday- See Friday.

Overall not a bad weekend. If only I had a bong, some adderall, and Hooter's bitches it would have been perfect.

ROYC75
04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Mine started out Monday night and never stopped......... GREAT WEEK !

cdcox
04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
First weekend off in at least a month.

Friday, took off around 4:00, a rarity. Stopped by the supermarket for Friday and Saturday food. Watched "Beverly Hills Cop" and "Blues Brothers" (daughter had never seen either).

Saturday, lazed around in the morning. Replaced radiator in truck. Made hamburgers on the grill.

Sunday, went to church, tried to fix heat pump (failed), replaced heater core in truck, went to supermarket, made beef stew (really good).

icepick64
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Friday- Studied all day, went to bed early.

Saturday - Took the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, took 8 hours. Went to a bar afterwards with buddies and blew all our brain cells.

Sunday- Slept in, then did school stuff, then played madden the rest of the night

cdcox
04-13-2008, 10:55 PM

Saturday - Took the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, took 8 hours. Went to a bar afterwards with buddies and blew all our brain cells.

Sunday- Slept in, then did school stuff, then played madden the rest of the night

Heh. My students took the FE exam this weekend too. We put a lot of emphasis on helping our students pass. We have a discipline-specific prep course, and throw a free BBQ every time at least 90% of the graduating class passes.

Their Senior design project is due a week from Friday. No one has been working on it for the last two weeks due to FE prep. Now is crunch time.

Ugly Duck
04-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Anyone else have a great weekend?

Well.... just had a great dinner. Went down to the docks at Bodega Bay & yelled at one of the crab boats coming in. Dude gave me a live dungeness crab that weighed just under 3 lbs for $10. The really biguns don't ever seem to show up in the grocery stores (probably go to upscale eateries). But you can buy 'em big & cheap if you yell at the boats before they hit the wholesaler. Dang good eatin!

ChiTown
04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
KIDS, Kids and more kids. Took the kids to the Hilton on Friday night where we swam, watched movies and had a general great time with my boys. Saturday was all about baseball practices, batting cages and general monkeying around the house. Sunday was another fun day, but much more tame. Helped my oldest son with a school project and went out and bought my youngest son a fish tank and some fish.

I've been out of town a lot lately - It was good reconnecting with my family.

Rain Man
04-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Mine started out Monday night and never stopped......... GREAT WEEK !

Other than screaming in agony every time you urinate, of course.

Rain Man
04-13-2008, 11:14 PM
What kind of weird market research does that deal with?

It's proprietary research for an eyelash manufacturer.

DaKCMan AP
04-14-2008, 06:53 AM

I'm glad I didn't/don't need to get my PE meaning I don't need to take the FE. :)

crazycoffey
04-14-2008, 07:34 AM
oh ya I forgot to mention that I went to a bar by myself on Saturday night. The 1st time in my life I have ever done that, I was in the mood for a few Makers Mark & cokes and the liquor stores were closed at that point.

how dare you ruin Makers by adding coke.... splash of water, maybe.
get the "bar" bourbon for your coke.

icepick64
04-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Heh. My students took the FE exam this weekend too. We put a lot of emphasis on helping our students pass. We have a discipline-specific prep course, and throw a free BBQ every time at least 90% of the graduating class passes.

Their Senior design project is due a week from Friday. No one has been working on it for the last two weeks due to FE prep. Now is crunch time.

I wish our school would do that, I got raped on the first part, didn't know anything about thermodynamics or fluids. I thought the electrical second half was pretty easy though...we'll see in 12 weeks, and yeh it sure is crunch time for my senior project!!

KCChiefsMan
04-15-2008, 03:53 AM
how dare you ruin Makers by adding coke.... splash of water, maybe.
get the "bar" bourbon for your coke.

ya, I need a mixer. But I am not drinking well's!