PDA

View Full Version : Lakers v. Spurs on ABC

Direckshun
04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Watching it now.

They have Kobe miked today, and just ran a series of comments he makes while he's on the floor. The guy isn't the nonstop jawer that Bird or Reggie Miller was but he can be awfully clever.

Spurs played tight D on the Lakers one possession and knocked the ball out of bounds with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Kobe runs around a screen, shouts WOOOO! He has one inch of daylight at the 3 point line with the 6'10" Kurt Thomas right over him, and drops a fall away jumper for 3 as the buzzer sounds.

Before the ball even reaches the net, Kobe immediately says "gotcha" to Thomas and starts running back to the other direction.

Classic.

Direckshun
04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
That said, the Spurs are missing Ginobli, Barry, and Horry today, so they are really, really thin. The Spurs are emptying out their bench today just to keep up, even playing Damon ****ing Stoudamire a few minutes ago.

33-33, 8 to go in the 2nd.

eazyb81
04-13-2008, 02:18 PM
So who's the MVP? Kobe or Chris Paul?

I like Chris Paul but I think they'll give it to Kobe.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I'd like to listen to random people miked while they play Halo 3

CoMoChief
04-13-2008, 02:27 PM
MVP is Kobe, without him, the Lakers don't win 20 games all season. That and he's the best overall player since MJ.

eazyb81
04-13-2008, 02:29 PM
MVP is Kobe, without him, the Lakers don't win 20 games all season. That and he's the best overall player since MJ.

So the Hornets would be great w/out Paul? Did you see them last season, they were awful. Now he has an awesome season and takes them to the top of the West.

And you're crazy if you think the Lakers, with Odom and Gasol, wouldn't win 20 games.

kcxiv
04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Hornets still have a damned good team without Paul. Paul just makes them an Elite team. Same with Kobe, Its a pick em for MVP. I personally think Kobe should win becuase he's waited years for his. Now is his time. Though if Paul does win it, its deserving no doubt.

Direckshun
04-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Co-MVP could be a possibility.

Lakers ahead at halftime, and I've love for them to win this game.

Not because I like the Lakers, but because I want the Spurs to be in the #3 spot. I think that gives the #6 Suns, my favorite West team right now, the best possible chance of moving into the second round.

ChiefsFanatic
04-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Watching it now.

They have Kobe miked today, and just ran a series of comments he makes while he's on the floor. The guy isn't the nonstop jawer that Bird or Reggie Miller was but he can be awfully clever.

Spurs played tight D on the Lakers one possession and knocked the ball out of bounds with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Kobe runs around a screen, shouts WOOOO! He has one inch of daylight at the 3 point line with the 6'10" Kurt Thomas right over him, and drops a fall away jumper for 3 as the buzzer sounds.

Before the ball even reaches the net, Kobe immediately says "gotcha" to Thomas and starts running back to the other direction.

Classic.

[Ultra Peanut]Wow, you mean that an athlete that makes more money from endorsements, who has already been on public trial, and who knows that he is being recorded, would not make himself out to be the a**hole he really is by watching what he says?[/Ultra Peanut]

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Hornets still have a damned good team without Paul. Paul just makes them an Elite team. Same with Kobe, Its a pick em for MVP. I personally think Kobe should win becuase he's waited years for his. Now is his time. Though if Paul does win it, its deserving no doubt.

They have the fewest bench points in the league, IIRC.

kcxiv
04-13-2008, 03:18 PM
They have the fewest bench points in the league, IIRC.

They still have a hell of a starting line up. Not to mention the Lakers have played with numberous injuries. Bynum out half the season already, may not even make it back. Btw, he is 20 years old. Got Gasol but he has also missed 11 games since he's been with the Lakers and is playing on a bad ankle. Not to mention Kobe is playing with a completely torn tendon in his pinky finger on his shooting hand. He's using some damn altered band thats acting like a tendon. lol

BWillie
04-13-2008, 03:23 PM
They still have a hell of a starting line up. Not to mention the Lakers have played with numberous injuries. Bynum out half the season already, may not even make it back. Btw, he is 20 years old. Got Gasol but he has also missed 11 games since he's been with the Lakers and is playing on a bad ankle. Not to mention Kobe is playing with a completely torn tendon in his pinky finger on his shooting hand. He's using some damn altered band thats acting like a tendon. lol

What is the deal with Bynum anyway? They keep pushing him back and back. The more I read into it it looks like he's not going to come back at all.

kcxiv
04-13-2008, 03:40 PM
What is the deal with Bynum anyway? They keep pushing him back and back. The more I read into it it looks like he's not going to come back at all.His knee still isnt strong enough. He can work out, but it cant take the NBA beating right now. I dont kinwo if he's going to make it back .

btw 24 point lead now.

alanm
04-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Chris Paul easily.

BWillie
04-13-2008, 03:47 PM
His knee still isnt strong enough. He can work out, but it cant take the NBA beating right now. I dont kinwo if he's going to make it back .

btw 24 point lead now.

Even if he does comeback towards the end of the second round playoff games, would it really help the Lakers? He probably wouldn't be in game shape, and it would take them about 10 games to get used to him. Like the Suns and Shaq. Might even mess up the chemistry

kcxiv
04-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Even if he does comeback towards the end of the second round playoff games, would it really help the Lakers? He probably wouldn't be in game shape, and it would take them about 10 games to get used to him. Like the Suns and Shaq. Might even mess up the chemistry

Like Kobe said, he's 20 years old, it shouldnt take more then a few games for him.