PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2008

Mile High Mania
04-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Found this on the Mane... Season opener @ Oakland, then the home opener vs the Chargers in week 2... KC road trip in week 4.

Bye in week 8 - pretty decent

First 7 games aren't easy though.

Away: Oak / KC / NE

Home: SD / NOS / TB / JAX

Overall, it's pretty balanced... season ending @ SD... boo.

----------------------------
Sep. 8
at Oakland Raiders (Mon)
7:15pm

Sep. 14
San Diego Chargers
2:15pm

Sep. 21
New Orleans Saints
2:05pm

Sep. 28
at Kansas City Chiefs
12:00pm

Oct. 5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oct. 12
Jacksonville Jaguars

Oct. 20
at New England Patriots (Mon)
8:30pm

Oct. 26
BYE

Nov. 2

Miami Dolphins

Nov. 6
at Cleveland Browns (Thu)
8:15pm

Nov. 16
at Atlanta Falcons
1:00pm

Nov. 23
Oakland Raiders

Nov. 30
at N.Y. Jets

Dec. 7

Kansas City Chiefs
2:05 pm

Dec. 14
at Carolina Panthers

Dec. 21
Buffalo Bills

Dec. 28
at San Diego Chargers
1:15pm<!-- / message -->

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Two back-to-back sets of home games and only one two-game road trip. Lots of coast-to-coast, but that's nothing new in this division. Doesn't look all that bad.

ILWarpaint
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
9-7

chiefqueen
04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
They get a whoppin' 10 days to prepare for the Falcons...is that enough time?

Also their game in KC is the day of the NASCAR race is KS, could Denver fans scoop enough tickets to make it a 9th home game for them?

Mile High Mania
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM

Also their game in KC is the day of the NASCAR race is KS, could Denver fans scoop enough tickets to make it a 9th home game for them?

That would rule...

I like Denver @ KC in September and KC @ Denver in December.

vailpass
04-15-2008, 10:55 AM

Are you saying Chiefs fans would skip a game in Arrowhead to go watch the neckcars go round and round?
Abandon the NFL for the Left Turn League?
I can't see that happening.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Are you saying Chiefs fans would skip a game in Arrowhead to go watch the neckcars go round and round?
Abandon the NFL for the Left Turn League?
I can't see that happening.I can't either. While there's some crossover, it's not exactly the same group of people going to each venue. At least not in my experience (admittedly I haven't been to the speedway since '02...).

vailpass
04-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I can't either. While there's some crossover, it's not exactly the same group of people going to each venue. At least not in my experience (admittedly I haven't been to the speedway since '02...).

No matter what people say in the off season the vast majority will be ready for some football come opening day.

Once the autumn air rolls in and you can smell football on the breeze all past trangressions committed by team and ownership are forgotten; gridiron hope springs eternal.

chiefqueen
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
My problem is I have an out of town committment week 4 I don't want to get out of for sentimental reasons. I was thinking about using a ticket broker b/c I kinda want to make a profit. But, I DON'T WANT NO DONKEY TRASH SITTIN' IN MY SEAT.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
No matter what people say in the off season the vast majority will be ready for some football come opening day.

Once the autumn air rolls in and you can smell football on the breeze all past trangressions committed by team and ownership are forgotten; gridiron hope springs eternal.How we start the season could have some impact, but I'd like to think the fanbase won't have thrown in the towel by week 4 regardless of how the first 3 go, especially not for Donkey week...

chiefqueen
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM

Once the autumn air rolls in and you can smell football on the breeze all past trangressions committed by team and ownership are forgotten; gridiron hope springs eternal.

Umm, dude, you know we're talking about the Chiefs, not the Cubs.

Bowser
04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I need somebody to explain exactly how and why in the f*ck Denver and Oakland are playing the season opener on Monday night.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I need somebody to explain exactly how and why in the f*ck Denver and Oakland are playing the season opener on Monday night.It's a new tradition. The league starts the year with the Toilet Bowl and ends it with the Superbowl.

(okay, okay would've been a better joke if they played Thursday night)

vailpass
04-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I need somebody to explain exactly how and why in the f*ck Denver and Oakland are playing the season opener on Monday night.

It is a match up with a strong sense of NFL history.

The Javon Walker angle will be an interesting one.

The two young QBs (Russel vs. Cutler) is another angle they can play up.

They can do an extreme closeup to critique the quality of Al Davis' taxidermy procedure.

Other than that I got nothin'.

Bowser
04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
It is a match up with a strong sense of NFL history.

The Javon Walker angle will be an interesting one.

The two young QBs (Russel vs. Cutler) is another angle they can play up.

They can do an extreme closeup to critique the quality of Al Davis' taxidermy procedure.

Other than that I got nothin'.

Well, that's a good guess, but if they wanted a historical perspective against rival teams, it doesn't get much nastier between Ben Davidson and Len Dawson.

Watching Gramps Al get filled up with formaldahyde would certainly be more entertaining than the game.

vailpass
04-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Well, that's a good guess, but if they wanted a historical perspective against rival teams, it doesn't get much nastier between Ben Davidson and Len Dawson.

Watching Gramps Al get filled up with formaldahyde would certainly be more entertaining than the game.

Yep KC-Oakland is also a rivalry with history behind it.
After last year I can't see why any AFC West team would be on MNF except for SD but someone has to play.

Bowser
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Yep KC-Oakland is also a rivalry with history behind it.
After last year I can't see why any AFC West team would be on MNF except for SD but someone has to play.

I bet they have some double-header shit planned for the first Monday nighter.