PDA

View Full Version : BaracK Obama has Philly problems over "street money"

Logical
04-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Basically he will not pay blood money to the ward bosses in cash for the traditional Philadelphia "Street Money"

Barack Obama may lose support in Philadelphia over 'street money' (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-streetmoney11apr11,0,6553901.story)

I think it is a principled stand, what do you think, should he be playing ball with the ward bosses.

chiefforlife
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I think you know the answer, you support Obama. No more greased palms for votes!

GO OBAMA!

Logical
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I think you know the answer, you support Obama. No more greased palms for votes!

GO OBAMA!Yes but in a contest where losing by a wide margin might be disastrous for him it might not be smart politics. I give the guy credit for moral courage, but lately he is flailing in his campaign efforts.

HolmeZz
04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I think he's got a good enough get-out-the-vote organization that he doesn't need it.

Logical
04-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I think he's got a good enough get-out-the-vote organization that he doesn't need it.
That would be wonderful. Street money sure sounds like extortion and racketeering, I don't see how it can be legal.