First four picks are:

1. MIA - J. Long :banghead:
2. STL - C. Long
3. ATL - G. Dorsey
4. OAK - D. McFadden

cdcox
04-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I'd take Ellis or Gholston.

Would not be too upset about Ryan, you have to take a shot at a QB sometime.

Anyone esle would be insanity.

markk
04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
ryan, ellis, gholston... anything other than that would be a blunder i think

Smed1065
04-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Ellis, Ryan, Gholston

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
With Gholston and Chris Long both on the board, I try very hard to trade down.

If that doesn't work, Ellis or Ryan, depending on how the Chiefs rate them.

smittysbar
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
With Gholston and Chris Long both on the board, I try very hard to trade down.

If that doesn't work, Ellis or Ryan, depending on how the Chiefs rate them.

C. Long is not still on the board

I would take Golston, Ellis

Frazod
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Trade down to a team that picks in front of Denver, snag Clady before they get their grubby hooves on him.

But I'm hoping Jake is still there at 5.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 08:43 PM
C. Long is not still on the board

I would take Golston, EllisYou're right, I misread that. Time for bed.

I still try to trade down. I know it's not popular, but we're at a point where we need quantity and quality both, and I don't know that anybody at the top of this year's draft is that dominant.

(Which is why I think it'll be extremely difficult to trade down...)

Rain Man
04-15-2008, 09:34 PM
In this situation, I would be torn between Ellis and Ryan. Either would be fine.

Thig Lyfe
04-15-2008, 09:37 PM
AQIB TALIB!!!!!

RedandGold
04-15-2008, 09:51 PM
This is one where I've been going back and forth. At first, I was all aboard the DT wagon, but I'm now leaning more towards drafting Matt Ryan.

I'm not 100% convinced that Croyle is ever going to become the franchise QB that we want him to be, and we have an opportunity to draft someone that has a much better shot of being that. If we pass on him, none of the other QB's in this or next year's drafts are anything special, so that leaves our future in the hands of either a fragile Brodie Croyle or some journeyman veteran QB that we bring in next season to get us by.

As much as I would like to see us take the shot at a QB, I'm not going to be disappointed if we draft Ellis at #5 either. What would disappoint me is if we pass on Ryan and Ellis to trade down for someone like Clady.

Spott
04-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Ethan Horton.

KcMizzou
04-15-2008, 10:05 PM
AQIB TALIB!!!!!Stop it.

El Jefe
04-16-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd take Ellis or Gholston.

Would not be too upset about Ryan, you have to take a shot at a QB sometime.

Anyone esle would be insanity.

Wow you about took the post straight out of my head. I would take Ellis or Gholston. See I look at us drafting Gholston as a similar situation to the Giants, they have two great ends and they drafted Tuck because he was good and because they didn't know about Michael Strahan's availability. Now if we drafted Gholston we have a great pure pass rusher who can sub in for either Tamba or Allen, and let Gholston get some experience and let him destroy the opposing QB on passing downs. Now say JA messes up and gets another DUI or Tamba gets hurt, or whatever could happen, then you have Gholston starting next to either Tamba or JA, and I like that Tandem. I really think Gholston is going to be great at the next level.

Matt Ryan is an iffy thing with me, I wasn't greatly impressed with some of the games I watched up him. Now that being said I know he rated as high as Toothlessburger, and Eli, but I just wasn't as taken a back by him as you should be with a QBOTF. Now you don't get too many shots at a possibly great QB, so I will let the talent judges be the on to make that call.

Other than those three I don't really want anyone else, with this scenario at hand.

mcan
04-16-2008, 10:32 AM
If you assume that they ALL have the same chance of becoming Hall Of Famers at their respective positions, then you go with Matt Ryan, since a Hall of Fame quarterback is much more important than any of those other positions.

Of course, that's a big assumption.

TrebMaxx
04-16-2008, 10:52 AM
I go with Ryan because I am not sold on Brodie. Ellis will work too, but the rest of them tell me to make a trade out of the 5 spot.

suds79
04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I voted for Ryan. This is a QB league and until a team finds a superstar QB, you have little to no chance of winning a SB IMO. Take a chance.

Having said that, I think Sedrick Ellis is going to be a very fine player also. So no complaints on my part if that happens.

StcChief
04-16-2008, 11:04 AM
ryan, ellis, gholston... anything other than that would be a blunder i think
then count on Carl to FU and trade down and try to end up with Clady