PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Primetime Games in 08

Mr. Flopnuts
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I live in Seattle as many of you know so primetime games are a sure fire way for me to see a game without leaving my house. So that said, f*ck you NFL.

San Diego Chargers - 5 primetime games

Denver Broncos - 3 primetime games

Oakland Raiders - 2 primetime games

Kansas City Chiefs - 0 primetime games

AFC teams that have 0 primetime games - Miami, and Kansas City

NFC teams that have 0 primetime games - Atlanta, and St. Louis

Conclusion - The NFL hates Missouri.

Smed1065
04-15-2008, 08:29 PM
:cuss:

Deberg_1990
04-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Get over it.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Get over it.

It's called life.

SNR
04-15-2008, 08:40 PM
The ****in Raiders have TWO games? :cuss:

smittysbar
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
0 two years in a row............right?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
0 two years in a row............right?

Maybe 3.

HypnotizedMonkey
Lamar Hunt's gone.. time to brush the ol' Chiefs under the rug!

Dartgod
It doesn't bother me that we didn't get any, but the Raiders? And what has Denver done the last couple of years to deserve so many PT games? If I remember correctly, they had 4 or 5 last year.

JBucc
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
2 years in a row, right? I don't remember any last year.

CoMoChief
04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Rams suck, so do the Chiefs. But the Chiefs and Rams could be the best 2 teams in the league and mainstream America could give a shit if both played primetime games.

You either have to be on the coast, or be a figurehead of the NFL to get on TV.

Figureheads in the NFL are.....

Peyton Manning/Eli Manning
Tom Brady/New England Patriots or anything remotely related to Bill Belichik
LT
The entire Saints team because a lot of us in American still can't get over ****ing Katrina.
TO - even though its a bad one, he attracts cameras
Dallas God Damn Cowboys
Brett Favre

Otter
04-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Is this surprising?

Wait till Chan and Herm join heads to put together a gameplan, it will be like watching womans golf sober when it's sunny out.

Bearcat
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I was wondering what took this thread so long.

I'll bet anything that Oakland's are against 2 of these 3: Denver, SD, NE... and I'd lean towards the two AFC West rivals.

I wish we could get embarrassed on national TV like the Raiders! :cuss:

Deberg_1990
04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Oakland has always gotten alot of primetime games because they have a huge national following.

Who cares anyways?? Why are you guys so insecure about your team?? It not like the Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year.

Bearcat
04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Oakland has always gotten alot of primetime games because they have a huge national following.

Who cares anyways?? Why are you guys so insecure about your team?? It not like the Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year.

Looking at the schedule, I see a typical Chiefsplanet meltdown, even though we've proven nothing the past couple of years and aren't looking to prove a whole hell of a lot this season. Lose to the Patriots, okay. Beat Oakland and Atlanta, and all of a sudden there's "where's the respect?!?!" threads popping up, talk about the playoffs, etc. Lose to Denver, we're the worst team evar once again. Sounds crazy now, but it'll happen.

stevieray
04-15-2008, 09:28 PM

your team? don't you mean our team?..you must've converted to the cowboys already...;)

stevieray
04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
2 years in a row, right? I don't remember any last year.

look at the bright side, we only play one previous SB team instead of both for the first time in four years...

Hoover
04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I hate prime time games. I'd be thrilled if the Chiefs only played at noon on Sundays.

Psyko Tek
04-15-2008, 09:32 PM
last year I think we were scheduled for a prime time game, but it got flexed away

the jets maybe?

Deberg_1990
Oh yea, alot of you guys forget that if the Chiefs somehow turn out to be good, they might pick up a Sunday Night Flex game late in the season.

stevieray
I hate prime time games. I'd be thrilled if the Chiefs only played at noon on Sundays.

I take it you've never been to a night game at Arrowhead?

Buck
04-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Listen to the Chargers Prime Time Games...

Week 3 Jets @ Chargers MNF
Week 6 Pats @ Chargers SNF
Week 12 Colts @ Chargers SNF*
Week 14 Raiders @ Chargers Thursday Night Football
Week 16 Chargers @ Bucs SNF*

*Subject to Flex Scheduling

----------

Now I get the Pats and Colts games, but the Jets?

The Raiders will be out of it by Week 14, and I'm sure the Bucs will too, that game will probably be flexed. Then again w/ the Bucs I can't be too sure.

Spott
04-15-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm glad that there's no primetime games for KC. Hell, I wish that all of our games were broadcast at 3:00am on Tuesdays so nobody would see exactly how much our team sucks.

Boon
04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Damn east coast bias!

Bill Parcells
04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Listen to the Chargers Prime Time Games...

Week 3 Jets @ Chargers MNF
Week 6 Pats @ Chargers SNF
Week 12 Colts @ Chargers SNF*
Week 14 Raiders @ Chargers Thursday Night Football
Week 16 Chargers @ Bucs SNF*

*Subject to Flex Scheduling

----------

Now I get the Pats and Colts games, but the Jets?

The Raiders will be out of it by Week 14, and I'm sure the Bucs will too, that game will probably be flexed. Then again w/ the Bucs I can't be too sure.
The Jets game really pisses me off too. I had planned on doing a road trip to San Diego for this game. but a ****ing Monday night game? :spock: no ****ing way! I'm out! and the only ****ing fun time was the Miami road trip, and now thats ****ing opening day? :spock: **** YOU NFL! **** YOU! :cuss:

Buck
04-15-2008, 09:48 PM
The Jets game really pisses me off too. I had planned on doing a road trip to San Diego for this game. but a ****ing Monday night game? :spock: no ****ing way! I'm out! and the only ****ing fun time was the Miami road trip, and now thats ****ing opening day? :spock: **** YOU NFL! **** YOU! :cuss:

You know, San Diego in September is ****ing beautiful...

85 Degrees and Sunny All Month Long

Not to mention all the hot chicks

You really need to take a 5 day vacation and come out here.

Spott
04-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Going to a game in Miami or any of the other Florida cities in September & October sucks because it is so damn hot.

KCChiefsFan88
04-15-2008, 10:30 PM
It's called the rest of the league can see clearly what Dictator Carl/Herm and what remains of the Chiefs delusional fan base fails to see... that the Chiefs are headed for a disaster of epic proportions this season.

BIG K
04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I live in Seattle as many of you know so primetime games are a sure fire way for me to see a game without leaving my house. So that said, f*ck you NFL.

San Diego Chargers - 5 primetime games

Denver Broncos - 3 primetime games

Oakland Raiders - 2 primetime games

Kansas City Chiefs - 0 primetime games

AFC teams that have 0 primetime games - Miami, and Kansas City

NFC teams that have 0 primetime games - Atlanta, and St. Louis

Conclusion - The NFL hates Missouri.

If it's any consolation to you Mr. Flopnuts, I got DirecTV in 92' for that very reason. I cancelled them last week.....We are now officially in the same west coast sinking ship....

The only way we see a Chief game is if they make the playoffs? Maybe in 2010 we can hook up for a
Chief game bar-b-que:)

Guru
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Hell, I prefer to not have primetime games anyway. I like knowing I will get to see my team every Sunday at noon or 3pm.

HypnotizedMonkey
04-16-2008, 05:04 AM
I want to see D-Bowe in primetime... something tells me the lights & cameras would make this kid go off.

old_geezer
04-16-2008, 05:38 AM
I think what most of you who are complaining about the Chiefs not being on prime time are missing is:

Not only are the Chiefs one of the absolutely worst teams in the NFL at this point in time - Herm Edward's miserable excuse for an offense makes this team almost unwatchable to anyone but a diehard Chief's fan. :cuss:

keg in kc
04-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Herm Edward's miserable excuse for an offense makes this team almost unwatchable to anyone but a diehard Chief's fan.I think it's safe to say it's unwatcable for us, too.

Bob Dole
04-16-2008, 05:55 AM
It doesn't bother me that we didn't get any, but the Raiders? And what has Denver done the last couple of years to deserve so many PT games? If I remember correctly, they had 4 or 5 last year.
Haven't you been paying attention? Jay Cutler is the best young QB in the league.

keg in kc
04-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Haven't you been paying attention? Jay Cutler is the best young QB in the league.I thought Phillip Rivers was. Or was it JaMarcus Russell.

I can't never keep these guys straight.

Oh, wait, no, that's Matt Leinert that nobody can keep straight.

markk
04-16-2008, 06:17 AM
i don't really want the chiefs on national tv to be honest...

TEX
04-16-2008, 06:29 AM
The Chiefs could be the worst team in the league. Nobody wants to see that trash on national TV. I could care less about them not being featured. When they were good, they were on 5 times coming off their 13-3 season. If they start winning again, they'll be on national TV. Right now they don't deserve it.

Having said that, the NFL does play favorites when choosing national games. There is really no set criteria for being selected, many times having "marque" players and / or coaches are heavily weighed. When the Raiders were as bad as the Chiefs are now, they were on. The Cheating Donx haven't made the playoffs in 2 years, and finished below .500 last year, yet they have national games this season. I will say that both of those teams have/had individual players or coaches that the NFL views as "stars." The Chiefs don't have many.

Reerun_KC
04-16-2008, 07:06 AM
The Chiefs could be the worst team in the league. Nobody wants to see that trash on national TV. I could care less about them not being featured. When they were good, they were on 5 times coming off their 13-3 season. If they start winning again, they'll be on national TV. Right now they don't deserve it.

Having said that, the NFL does play favorites when choosing national games. There is really no set criteria for being selected, many times having "marque" players,coaches,or schemes are heavily weighed. When the Raiders were as bad as the Chiefs are now, they were on. The Cheating Donx haven't made the playoffs in 2 years, and finished below .500 last year, but have national games this season. I will say that both of those teams have/had individual players or coaches that the NFL views as "stars." The Chiefs don't have many.

What? how can you say that? We have Herman ****ing Edwards!

I think the NFL is missing golden opportunities to showcase Herms cluelessness in primetime... The I have no freaking clue what to do look on my face, so I guess we will run LJ again up the middle...ROFL

TEX
04-16-2008, 07:28 AM
What? how can you say that? We have Herman ****ing Edwards!

I think the NFL is missing golden opportunities to showcase Herms cluelessness in primetime... The I have no freaking clue what to do look on my face, so I guess we will run LJ again up the middle...ROFL

:clap: You have a point.

nychief
04-16-2008, 07:30 AM
you realize we are going 0-16, right? Nuff said.

Skip Towne
04-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Is this surprising?

Wait till Chan and Herm join heads to put together a gameplan, it will be like watching womans golf sober when it's sunny out.

I watch womens golf if Michelle Wie is playing.

milkman
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh yea, alot of you guys forget that if the Chiefs somehow turn out to be good, they might pick up a Sunday Night Flex game late in the season.

So, the Chiefs won't be on primtime this season, then.

Brock
04-16-2008, 08:54 AM
who would want to watch this team in primetime?

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
every team should get a chance to play at least one game in primetime every year...like some said even teams as bad as us like the faiders and jets get a game...oh well.