PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Springsteen Endorses Obama

jAZ
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Most endorsements don't matter much, but he's got Oprah-like status among his fans, who themselves seem to be a target demo of both Hillary and Obama. Still I doubt it means much, but who knows.

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Dear Friends and Fans:

LIke most of you, I've been following the campaign and I have now seen and heard enough to know where I stand. Senator Obama, in my view, is head and shoulders above the rest.

He has the depth, the reflectiveness, and the resilience to be our next President. He speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years, a generous nation with a citizenry willing to tackle nuanced and complex problems, a country that's interested in its collective destiny and in the potential of its gathered spirit. A place where "...nobody crowds you, and nobody goes it alone."

At the moment, critics have tried to diminish Senator Obama through the exaggeration of certain of his comments and relationships. While these matters are worthy of some discussion, they have been ripped out of the context and fabric of the man's life and vision, so well described in his excellent book, Dreams of My Father, often in order to distract us from discussing the real issues: war and peace, the fight for economic and racial justice, reaffirming our Constitution, and the protection and enhancement of our environment.

After the terrible damage done over the past eight years, a great American reclamation project needs to be undertaken. I believe that Senator Obama is the best candidate to lead that project and to lead us into the 21st Century with a renewed sense of moral purpose and of ourselves as Americans.

Over here on E Street, we're proud to support Obama for President.

patteeu
04-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Heidi Montag endorses McCain

mlyonsd
04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
LOL pat, you've been hanging onto that picture waiting for the right moment to 'spring' it, right?

patteeu
04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
LOL pat, you've been hanging onto that picture waiting for the right moment to 'spring' it, right?

Nah, I just googled her, but she's far better looking than Bruce Springsteen don't you think?

oldandslow
04-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Nah, I just googled her, but she's far better looking than Bruce Springsteen don't you think?

..but can she sing...not that it matters.

vailpass
04-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Is Springsteen still alive?
I sure dug Little Steven in the Sopranos.

Radar Chief
04-16-2008, 11:15 AM
..but can she sing...not that it matters.

Bruce canít either. ;)

Donger
04-16-2008, 11:18 AM
What a pretentious, self-important prick.

xbarretx
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM

three cheers for "The Boss"!!!!

http://www.sbeyer.com/images/Bruce%20Springsteen.jpg

Brock
04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm holding out for whoever Bono endorses.

Baby Lee
04-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Heidi Montag endorses McCain
No endorsement, but another fine bikini pic. Kristen Bell from Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/seanohara/SAPFp05nnNI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/omazQOZrW6o/s800/345-

patteeu
04-16-2008, 11:31 AM
three cheers for "The Boss"!!!!

Is that a Hammer and Sickle flag hanging out of his back pocket?!! :eek:

Bowser
04-16-2008, 11:37 AM

You can't afford stuff like that when you're born down in a dead man's town.

xbarretx
04-16-2008, 11:40 AM
You can't afford stuff like that when you're born down in a dead man's town.

LMAO LMAO LMAO ... genius bro!!

BucEyedPea
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM

It's a "Born in the USA" Trotskyite flag.:D

chiefforlife
04-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Never cared much for Bruce but that Heidi Montag knows how to salute a flag!

Radar Chief
04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Never cared much for Bruce but that Heidi Montag knows how to salute a flag!

My soldier would stand up and salute that. ;)

HolmeZz
04-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Hopefully this'll help...in the streets of Philadelphia.

StcChief
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
how did Bruce become such a pretentious a$$hole. ( I guess the money)

He 's all for America :rolleyes:

xbarretx
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Hopefully this'll help...in the streets of Philadelphia.

becuase tramps like us baby we were born to run while dancing in the dark!!!!

Logical
04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
The really important part QFT
After the terrible damage done over the past eight years, a great American reclamation project needs to be undertaken. I believe that Senator Obama is the best candidate to lead that project and to lead us into the 21st Century with a renewed sense of moral purpose and of ourselves as Americans.
:clap:

Adept Havelock
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM

That doesn't seem to have a negative impact on your popularity here at the Planet, so I doubt it will hurt Springsteen all that much. :p

go bowe
04-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Heidi Montag endorses McCainjeeze...

that poor girl has more silicon in her chest than all of silicon valley put together...

i think the silicon has leaked into her brain and transformed her into a mccain-bot...

i really dislike silicon implants and i would never get any for myself (of course i don't really need to augment my man-breasts)...

xbarretx
04-16-2008, 02:58 PM
jeeze...

that poor girl has more silicon in her chest than all of silicon valley put together...

i think the silicon has leaked into her brain and transformed her into a mccain-bot...

i really dislike silicon implants and i would never get any for myself (of course i don't really need to augment my man-breasts)...

:p ... LMAO

HC_Chief
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Shut up and sing.

SNR
04-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Bruce Springsteen is the least talented musician I've ever seen make it in the music business. Guy can't ****in sing worth shit.

Radar Chief
04-16-2008, 03:03 PM
jeeze...

:shrug: They still taste like nipple, right?

stevieray
04-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Shut up and sing.

no kidding...didn't he recently sign a 100 million dollar deal? didn't he make 55 million a couple of years ago...?

Ya, Bruce, keep spewing your BS about how the country has been so screwed up the last eight years

HolmeZz
04-16-2008, 03:09 PM
no kidding...didn't he recently sign a 100 million dollar deal? didn't he make 55 million a couple of years ago...?

Ya, Bruce, keep spewing your BS about how the country has been so screwed up the last eight years

holy illogical arguments, batman

BIG_DADDY
04-16-2008, 03:29 PM
ROFL