PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen competing with Chiefs for draft day business

BigChiefFan
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
There's not much to it, but I've been seeing adds running for Jared Allen's bar, saying to come down for the draft day party. The Chiefs obviously SELL TICKETS to their draft day, JA is giving away tickets for free for his place. Anybody else find this amusing?

Ebolapox
04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
sh*t, I'd pay to drink a few and see jared allen get drunk and f*ck up the rest of his nfl career

:shake:

Reerun_KC
04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
sh*t, I'd pay to drink a few and see jared allen get drunk and f*ck up Carl and Herm....
:shake:
:clap:

J Diddy
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
No trying to drum business up, it's what bars do

BigChiefFan
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
No trying to drum business up, it's what bars do
Specifically for the DRAFT DAY, though?

Ebolapox
04-16-2008, 12:28 PM

oh, that too. it just seems insane to me that a former alcoholic/'supposed wildman/partier' trying to KICK said habit should actually own a bar.

that's like having a crackhead as the head of your organization. even if he IS trying to quit, his co-dependence on the drug will inevitably lead him to dip back in, and soon the profits will be exiting the bank and entering his dealer's pocket.

InChiefsHell

Yes. He knows, and so do the Chiefs, that there will be many more people going to draft day parties than they can accommodate. I seriously doubt the Chiefs draft day thing will be empty because Jared Allen is having a party at his bar...

Skip Towne
I hope he puts the Chiefs out of business.

InChiefsHell
04-16-2008, 12:29 PM
oh, that too. it just seems insane to me that a former alcoholic/'supposed wildman/partier' trying to KICK said habit should actually own a restaurant.

that's like having a crackhead as the head of your organization. even if he IS trying to quit, his co-dependence on the drug will inevitably lead him to dip back in, and soon the profits will be exiting the bank and entering his dealer's pocket.

Alice Cooper is an alcoholic, but he owns a bar...just because you want to make money off of it doesn't mean you will be partaking in it...

J Diddy
04-16-2008, 12:32 PM

do you think this would not be a big day for a sportsbar?

|Zach|
04-16-2008, 12:32 PM
The Chiefs draft thing isn't really that big of deal...

beach tribe
04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
KC is a football town. Selling Beer is a business people. What? Are they not supposed to try and get people in the door?

Reerun_KC
oh, that too. it just seems insane to me that a former alcoholic/'supposed wildman/partier' trying to KICK said habit should actually own a restaurant.

QFT

Hopefully JA can keep it clean.. But I do like the nice little jabs at Carl and the Chiefs...

by far my favorite player...

Reerun_KC
The Chiefs draft thing isn't really that big of deal.../ Sincerely Carl

:(

Ebolapox
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Alice Cooper is an alcoholic, but he owns a bar...just because you want to make money off of it doesn't mean you will be partaking in it...

alice cooper also isn't on the verge of a year long suspension. I realize that people do quit every day. and some of them actually succeed long term. but, from watching my dad try to kick alcoholism (which runs in my family), you never put complete faith in an alcoholic to kick it for good until they're dead. and to put yourself in the environment repeatedly is just begging for problems. (remember, he has said in the past that he wants to run it like sam malone did the bar in 'cheers.')

J Diddy
04-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Man just wait til carl finds out the sports bar is gonna be open during chiefs games too. Think of all the money Carl's gonna lose because JA's place has people drinking, eating, and watching the game too.

Yep, jared might as well kiss his ass goodbye, he's gonna be a dolphin.

InChiefsHell
04-16-2008, 12:53 PM
alice cooper also isn't on the verge of a year long suspension. I realize that people do quit every day. and some of them actually succeed long term. but, from watching my dad try to kick alcoholism (which runs in my family), you never put complete faith in an alcoholic to kick it for good until they're dead. and to put yourself in the environment repeatedly is just begging for problems. (remember, he has said in the past that he wants to run it like sam malone did the bar in 'cheers.')

I guess...but I didn't know that JA is an alcoholic. I mean, he was stupid and all, but not necessarily and alcoholic...so...I think it's apples and oranges...

Ebolapox
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I guess...but I didn't know that JA is an alcoholic. I mean, he was stupid and all, but not necessarily and alcoholic...so...I think it's apples and oranges...

it's a thin red line. are those who chronically drink 'socially' all alcholics? no. is the guy who has a sixer when he gets home an alcoholic? not necessarily.

the fact that he was out of control at LEAST twice that we know of (he likely drove under the influence more than just the two times he got caught) and drove anyway is enough of a flashing red warning sign to me that he needs to stay as far away from booze as possible.

we're not just talking about him being a teetotaler just for the sake of his health or a shiny new contract. the guy obviously can't handle his alcohol, and it's killed far better men than him. owning a bar, to me, is just idiocy for someone in that position.

StcChief
04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Jared has to keep the place in business why not do a DRAFT DAY special to get folks in the new place?

same with Game Day.... Jared will be by after Chiefs game W or L to say 'hi' to patrons.

EyePod
04-16-2008, 01:16 PM

Only after we trade him....

Reerun_KC
04-16-2008, 01:17 PM
How many people drive home from Arrowhead after drinking before, during or after the game?

Just wondering?

EyePod
04-16-2008, 01:17 PM
it's a thin red line. are those who chronically drink 'socially' all alcholics? no. is the guy who has a sixer when he gets home an alcoholic? not necessarily.

the fact that he was out of control at LEAST twice that we know of (he likely drove under the influence more than just the two times he got caught) and drove anyway is enough of a flashing red warning sign to me that he needs to stay as far away from booze as possible.

we're not just talking about him being a teetotaler just for the sake of his health or a shiny new contract. the guy obviously can't handle his alcohol, and it's killed far better men than him. owning a bar, to me, is just idiocy for someone in that position.

Maybe he's a masochist and gets off on torturing himself, and then uses that feeling to destroy people on the field! So you guys in KC should drink up whenever you're at his bar!

Demonpenz
04-16-2008, 01:20 PM
He's probably not an alcholic just made some stupid choices. He made these mistakes at like what 24 and 25? I am sure he drank as much as people around here. You just can't drive. When I think of people who are alcholic I think of people who are addicted to the stuff. As far as I know jared didn't have to medical detox with doctors supervison or stuff like that, but the line of if you are truely one or not is pointless in the end.

EyePod
04-16-2008, 01:22 PM
He's probably not an alcholic just made some stupid choices. He made these mistakes at like what 24 and 25? I am sure he drank as much as people around here. You just can't drive. When I think of people who are alcholic I think of people who are addicted to the stuff. As far as I know jared didn't have to medical detox with doctors supervison or stuff like that, but the line of if you are truely one or not is pointless in the end.

Did you see the South Park about this exact idea?

Alcoholism is a terrible disease!!!

I want my children to learn morals from the last 30 seconds of every South Park episode....

BigChiefFan
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
The Chiefs draft thing isn't really that big of deal...You mean you don't like spending $15 to sit in a crowded room and watch the draft while paying $8 for a beer just to watch T.V. on a small ass screen?

I'll be staying home.:D

Demonpenz
04-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Did you see the South Park about this exact idea?

Alcoholism is a terrible disease!!!

I want my children to learn morals from the last 30 seconds of every South Park episode....

naaa I just talked to some alchohol people awhile back because I was in this routine of getting drunk all weekend. I always knew I had a drinking problem, but I got to the point of saying to myself. Ok is this who I am going to be the rest of my life? When I started talking to people I realized that I actually had a bigger problem than what I thought. I figured oh well everyone my age drinks on the weekends it's not like I am an every day drinker. It turns out that my crazy personality makes it worse because I am ..well a crazy asshole. Anyway I found out that there are many types of alchohol abusers out there. I went dry for a couple months and it really opened my eyes. Now I still **** up once in awhile because frankly I love beer and whiskey. I actually drank this weekend but I know now where to turn to for help if I want to quit drinking forever. For me I was ready to give it up, but I guess not all the way because I still want to drink some blvds and chill out like the good dudes on here nzoner, phobes, gobo, gobowe. ETC. It makes me wonder how many 20 somethings on this very site were heading down the same stupid path thinking it was ok to drink your ass off every weekend. I have had now had 2 friends drink themselves to death one by choking on vomit and one with probably liver falure. That is my story. I want everyone to still party and have fun but jeez what an eye opener it was to start talking to people where "partying" ruined their lives

CoMoChief
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM

Uhh yeah it is Sports themed is it not? The NFL draft does fall under the sports genre if I'm not mistaken.

That and an NFL player does happen to own the bar.

StcChief
04-18-2008, 11:00 AM
well....with Draft day approaching and JA likely 86ed to ViQueens wonder how long he'll still own '69' bar?

BigChiefFan
04-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Uhh yeah it is Sports themed is it not? The NFL draft does fall under the sports genre if I'm not mistaken.

That and an NFL player does happen to own the bar. It looks like there is a little more to it, than what some thought, huh?

Deberg_1990
04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
How many people drive home from Arrowhead after drinking before, during or after the game?

Just wondering?

Thousands im sure.

Still doesnt justfy JA actions. Wrong is wrong. Plus, he hurt his team.

blueballs
04-18-2008, 11:36 AM
well....with Draft day approaching and JA likely 86ed to ViQueens wonder how long he'll still own '69' bar?

Sippio has been looking for something
to sink that signing bonus into

dj56dt58
04-18-2008, 12:21 PM
oh, that too. it just seems insane to me that a former alcoholic/'supposed wildman/partier' trying to KICK said habit should actually own a bar.

I believe the purpose of owning a bar is to SELL beer..not drink it.

Also I believe it's more of a bar and grill..but lets just focus on the negative

Brock
04-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I believe the purpose of owning a bar is to SELL beer..not drink it.

Also I believe it's more of a bar and grill..but lets just focus on the negative

Not been around too many alcoholics I see.

InChiefsHell
04-18-2008, 03:45 PM

Again, IS he an alcoholic? Or just a dumbass??

dj56dt58
04-18-2008, 05:03 PM

A DWI doesn't make someone an alcoholic..1-2 beers can put someone over the legal limit.

Brock
04-18-2008, 05:05 PM
A DWI doesn't make someone an alcoholic..1-2 beers can put someone over the legal limit.

how about 3 DUIs? Are you an alcoholic then?

Brock
04-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Again, IS he an alcoholic? Or just a dumbass??

The textbook description of an alcoholic is someone who continues to drink even when drinking causes negative consequences.

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 08:56 AM
The textbook description of an alcoholic is someone who continues to drink even when drinking causes negative consequences.

Oh. I thought an alcoholic was someone who was unable to simply quit drinking because they are addicted to alcohol. Seems the definition is not so cut and dry:

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Alcoholics

I'm not trying to win an argument so much as get to the bottom of what condition, if any, JA is living with...

...IMO, he was young, stupid, and is the type of person who must really get his ass kicked before he will wake up and smell the suspensions. Once he did that, it seems to me he has been pretty straight...