PDA

View Full Version : This ain't cool. Help!

Frankie
04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
OK I was trying to find one of my recent threads (couple of weeks old actually). I went through the proper steps to find " All threads started by" moi. But when I clicked on that the message below appeared:

vBulletin Message

Frankie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So what gives? Why doesn't it allow me to find my old posts and threads?

Brock
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
No searches.

DaFace
04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
OK I was trying to find one of my recent threads (couple of weeks old actually). I went through the proper steps to find " All threads started by" moi. But when I clicked on that the message below appeared:

vBulletin Message

Frankie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It's all part of our broken search function. You can try using the Google search on the toolbar to find it using keywords, but you won't be able to search for only threads you've started.

stlchiefs
04-16-2008, 11:04 PM

vBulletin Message

It's usually more fun if you stalk someone besides for yourself. Not that I know this from personal experience. :evil:

Baconeater
04-16-2008, 11:12 PM
It's all part of our broken search function. You can try using the Google search on the toolbar to find it using keywords, but you won't be able to search for only threads you've started.

You need to sticky a thread with a title in all caps about this.

DenverChief
04-17-2008, 12:29 AM

vBulletin Message

I was wondering about this too DaFace...what gives?

ROFL

Frankie
04-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Is this a permanent deal?

chasedude
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Is this a permanent deal?

No, they need to reindex the database so it does not lock up the planet when anyone does a search. Re-indexing will take some time though, maybe multiple days :(

Frankie
04-17-2008, 09:11 AM
No, they need to reindex the database so it does not lock up the planet when anyone does a search. Re-indexing will take some time though, maybe multiple days :(

Thanks. I feel better now.