PDA

View Full Version : Misc Online Surveys

DenverChief
04-17-2008, 01:25 AM
So when you go to the store and you get one of those online surveys do you complete it? Does the "prize" factor into your participation? Meaning if you get a free taco (or $10 here :) )for taking a survey versus getting registered to win a $1000 shopping spree.....I'm curious how many people actually fill these out

Saggysack
04-17-2008, 01:49 AM
My wife did a few online surveys a couple years ago. She never made anything more than a 10 bucks. Most were 5 bucks each. IIRC it was maybe 20 bucks a month she made and a hellava lot of emails. I never asked why she quit doing it but I would likely guess the reward was not worth the time.

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Those things are a ripoff for the company that's paying for them. They aren't "surveys"; they're really just customer feedback forms. Practically nobody fills them out - I spoke with one private sector client that had dozens of locations in Denver, and they would get half a dozen of these "surveys" per month. I don't know why they bother with them.

DenverChief
04-17-2008, 02:08 AM
Those things are a ripoff for the company that's paying for them. They aren't "surveys"; they're really just customer feedback forms. Practically nobody fills them out - I spoke with one private sector client that had dozens of locations in Denver, and they would get half a dozen of these "surveys" per month. I don't know why they bother with them.

So my chances of winning the $1000 shopping spree is pretty good then?

KCChiefsMan
04-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I once did an hour long survey online and got $100 for it. But as far as shopping goes, I've done a few best buy ones to enter for a prize. But unless I'm pissed off and want to respond, I don't usually do them/

Rain Man
04-20-2008, 05:27 PM
So my chances of winning the $1000 shopping spree is pretty good then?

You'd think so, but a lot of these combine their drawings into one drawing for a zillion different surveys. If it's one of those "survey website on a receipt" deal, Applebee's (or whomever) isn't giving out a $1,000 prize. Their surveys get thrown in with Home Depot's, Chevrolet's, Land's End's, Safeway's, and a jillion other clients, and one person wins the prize out of all of them. Frankly, I think it's unethical, but it's legal.

chasedude
04-21-2008, 01:14 PM
I just got a coupon from Pizza Hut for a 99 cent buffet the next time I go in, only took me 5 mins :D