PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports The NBA Playoffs.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Basileus777
05-27-2008, 10:25 PM
You honestly dont think Barry got fouled? Seemed pretty obvious. If it wasn't against LA I also wouldn' be bitchin as much. You know the NBA wants LA to win.

It was a foul, but the refs never call that with 1 second left in the game. The refs didn't give the game to LA. Did you watch the first half of the game? Did you see almost all the the calls go in the Spurs favor? How many free throws did Kobe shoot?

It was a poorly officiated game, but mostly in the Spurs favor.

Fruit Ninja
05-27-2008, 10:26 PM
You honestly dont think Barry got fouled? Seemed pretty obvious. If it wasn't against LA I also wouldn' be bitchin as much. You know the NBA wants LA to win.

Yeah, becuase the if it wasnt for the ref's in the first half, it should have been a 10-15 point lead at the end there. Ref's kept the Spurs in the game. Like someone said, The Lakers were the agressive team, yet they didnt even go to the free throw line much. Spurs way to many time due to phantom calls.

Your NBA wants LA to win line is bullshit.

sportsman1
05-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Im not denying. The Spurs played like shit. As a homer you have to hold on to everything you got... I mean come on you guys are Chiefs fans... You know this...

L.A. Chieffan
05-27-2008, 10:27 PM
It was a foul, but the refs never call that with 1 second left in the game. The refs didn't give the game to LA. Did you watch the first half of the game? Did you see all the calls go in the Spurs favor? How many free throws did Kobe shoot?

No, no, no. You're just blinded. There is a vast NBA conspiracy from David Stern down to the mop boys on the floor to get the Lakers to win. Stop being so myopic. It's so obvious.

Fruit Ninja
05-28-2008, 03:23 AM
The Masheen! lol

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1ewIkVRdEo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1ewIkVRdEo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Chief_in_Commander
05-28-2008, 08:49 AM
the biggest joke was horry taking a charge in the first half after walton just barely nudged him with his a$$, then Bowen flailing his arms after farmer just stuck his arm out on the fast break, refs were horrible first half so Fishers bump is just evening out the horrible officiating

the Talking Can
05-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Kevin Garnett is a soft bitch in crunch time....

Mecca
05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Kevin Garnett is a soft bitch in crunch time....

Well atleast he's a good foul shooter.

the Talking Can
05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Well atleast he's a good foul shooter.

he's had a great game....but there was a 5 minute stretch when he passed every open shot and turned it over several times....passing up wide open shots in favor of a brick layer like Rondo is weird....

Friendo
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM
he's had a great game....but there was a 5 minute stretch when he passed every open shot and turned it over several times....passing up wide open shots in favor of a brick layer like Rondo is weird....

I agree with you--I didn't follow him much in MN, but did he play like that there?

Basileus777
05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
1 point game!

stuckey coming up huge

Basileus777
05-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree with you--I didn't follow him much in MN, but did he play like that there?

He's done it his whole career. KG doesn't want to take a shot in the 4th quarter, he plays hot potato with the ball. Its what he's known for.

the Talking Can
05-28-2008, 09:29 PM

according to the announcers, yes....

1 point game...Boston goes from awesome to awful faster than any team left....wow they are choking this away...

Basileus777
05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
some sick sheed defense.

Basileus777
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Once again, Garnett is trying to set picks when he should be in the paint and look what happens, a forced shot at the buzzer. Seriously Boston.

the Talking Can
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Hamilton did something to his elbow....

Mecca
05-28-2008, 09:39 PM
They let Allen get the ball bad move.

the Talking Can
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Garnett seals the deal....good for him

Friendo
05-28-2008, 09:44 PM
definitely busted out of slump.

Rudy lost the toss
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
This strategy is such horseshit. There's a reason most teams don't do it, and it's because it is such a dick move. The penalty is meant to hurt the team in the penalty. Every team should have a choice between free throws and in bounding the ball. And it'a so ****ing boring to watch

Mecca
05-28-2008, 09:46 PM
If Detroit comes down and ties it with a 3 immediatly what you'll hear is they should of fouled.

Rudy lost the toss
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
it's still horseshit bitch play. Change the rule.

Mecca
05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Plenty of teams do it......its smart against a team with 3 point shooters.

Amnorix
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
KG owned the 4th quarter of game 5 or 7 (I forget which) against the Cavs.

These SOBs are going to give me a heart attack. Turning a 17 point 3rd quarter lead into that POS ending. Give me a break. I really wonder if they deserve to win some of these games/series... Ugh.

Rudy lost the toss
05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
and tell me it's exciting to watch because it isn't. It's all about entertainment right That's why you hate the boring spurs, correct? Spurs-Phoenix game 1 was a great game and the Spurs deserved to take it into extra minutes by making great 3-point shots. Sure the Suns weren't smart, but it made the game better. Just because teams can find a loophole doesn't mean they should exploit the game. The 24 second shot clock is a great example of the NBA stopping bullshit strategy.

Lzen
05-28-2008, 10:03 PM
chiefzilla,
you sound like a Pistons fan or just plain a Celtic hater.

Good thing for Boston that Ray Allen found his stroke. I hope that Rondo really works on his shot this offseason. He is definitely a liability on offense. He's great at penetrating despite some missed layups. But man is the guy afraid to take an open shot or what? That makes it easier for Detroit to defend. Boston is playing 4 vs 5 on offense a lot of times. :shake:

Direckshun
05-28-2008, 10:06 PM
*walks into thread*

*collapses*

WHAT A ****ING GAME.

FAX
05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
This strategy is such horseshit. There's a reason most teams don't do it, and it's because it is such a dick move. The penalty is meant to hurt the team in the penalty. Every team should have a choice between free throws and in bounding the ball. And it'a so ****ing boring to watch

This is funny, but difficult. I've read back a few pages and can't figure out what type of play you're referring to, Mr. chiefzilla. Was it an intentional foul? I'm completely curious, now.

FAX

Rudy lost the toss
05-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Im rooting for the Pistons, but Im neither a fan or a Celtics Hater. No reason for this rockets fan to hate the Celtics. I truly have never been a fan of teams getting punished for something they are intended to be rewarded for. I just don't want to see this strategy spread like the flop. Teams have always been aware of this strategy, but for some reason few teams actually do it. Im thinking of great 3-point shots to tie a game(like Kenny Smith against the Magic in the NBA finals) and it would be a shame to see moments those moments become a thing of the past. Free throws are boring and we already see enough of them. Easy fix... just give them a choice. Football does it and so should the NBA

Rudy lost the toss
05-28-2008, 10:13 PM
This is funny, but difficult. I've read back a few pages and can't figure out what type of play you're referring to, Mr. chiefzilla. Was it an intentional foul? I'm completely curious, now.

FAX

It's when teams are down by three and instead of having an opportunity to tie the game, they get intentionally fouled and HAVE to go to the line and shoot two.

Lzen
05-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Fair enough. Personally, I don't so much have a problem with this strategy. Yes, FTs are boring but they are part of the game and this is the deal at all levels. The thing that I hate is when they are allowed to just foul a player that isn't anywhere near the ball (see Shaq). Now that is horse shit.

Direckshun
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM
There's nothing you can do about intentional fouling.

Intentional fouling has been part of strategy since basketball's had refs.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM
It's when teams are down by three and instead of having an opportunity to tie the game, they get intentionally fouled and HAVE to go to the line and shoot two.

Do whatever you have to do to win the game. If Phoenix had fouled the Spurs they win that game one. Now they sit at home watching. Could have been a different series, but oh well at least it was entertaining.

FAX
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM

Ah ... as I thought. Thanks, Mr. chiefzilla. I figured it out because I hate that rule, also. You're absolutely right. Teams should either get three FTs (which is bad, because you're leaving the "intentionality" decision in the hands of the refs) or the option to take the ball out of bounds at half court.

FAX

Rudy lost the toss
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't blame the Celtics for doing it. It's smart, but to me it is such a dick move.

I guess the counter-argument is that since the losing team can use this strategy (make the game longer, force them to make free throws), then you cannot punish a winning team for doing the same thing. It's just that I've always accepted the losing team's desperation because it is so common. I guess I need to accept that a winning team has every right to a free throw strategy.

Giving teams the option to in-bound the ball would eliminate all free throw strategies, so I guess I really jumped the gun on a solution. Really, I can't think of one other than hoping for more coaches who choose play great defense instead.

Basileus777
05-28-2008, 11:39 PM
The NBA is going to impose fines for flopping! Hallelujah!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3416579

Fruit Ninja
05-29-2008, 12:04 AM
We could very well see the L.A/Boston Finals. Its just around the corner.

Deberg_1990
05-29-2008, 06:21 AM
NBA admits foul should have been called at end of Lakers/Spurs game 4.

Not making any excuses. The Lakers are clearly the better team this year. But these sort of post game half hearted apologies are always kind of funny. Id feel alot better about this sort of stuff if the league would take action and fine the refs or suspend them. Punish these guys! Do something to fix the problem

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080529/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_nba_no_foul

NEW YORK - The NBA acknowledged Wednesday that a foul should have been called on the final possession of Game 4 in the Western Conference finals, which would have given the San Antonio Spurs a chance to even the series.

Trailing 93-91 on Tuesday night, the Spurs inbounded the ball with 2.1 seconds left to Brent Barry, who was bumped by Los Angeles Lakers guard Derek Fisher on the floor. No foul was called, and Barry missed badly on a 3-pointer before time expired.

Spurs players and coach Gregg Popovich said a foul should not have been called, but the NBA disagreed with them after reviewing the play.

"With the benefit of instant replay, it appears a foul should have been called," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said.

Had that happened, Barry would have gone to the line for two free throws and a chance to tie the game. Instead, the defending champion Spurs trail the series 3-1 and face elimination Thursday in Los Angeles.

Lzen
05-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Id feel alot better about this sort of stuff if the league would take action and fine the refs or suspend them. Punish these guys! Do something to fix the problem

Yeah, it would have been nice if they would have done some punishment in this way last year. Then maybe the Spurs would not have won the title. ;)

Direckshun
05-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Well that was just a hell of a game yesterday.

Both teams played amazing defense, but both teams kept shooting the lights out over it.

Really was playoff atmosphere.

Say what you want about the calls going the C's way, or cheap fouling tactics, or anything like that... but when you get outrebounded 45-25 or something like that, you're going to lose.

Amazing game.

rambleonthruthefog
05-29-2008, 11:03 AM
go spurs!!

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
NBA admits foul should have been called at end of Lakers/Spurs game 4.

Not making any excuses. The Lakers are clearly the better team this year. But these sort of post game half hearted apologies are always kind of funny. Id feel alot better about this sort of stuff if the league would take action and fine the refs or suspend them. Punish these guys! Do something to fix the problem

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080529/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_nba_no_foul

NEW YORK - The NBA acknowledged Wednesday that a foul should have been called on the final possession of Game 4 in the Western Conference finals, which would have given the San Antonio Spurs a chance to even the series.

Trailing 93-91 on Tuesday night, the Spurs inbounded the ball with 2.1 seconds left to Brent Barry, who was bumped by Los Angeles Lakers guard Derek Fisher on the floor. No foul was called, and Barry missed badly on a 3-pointer before time expired.

Spurs players and coach Gregg Popovich said a foul should not have been called, but the NBA disagreed with them after reviewing the play.

"With the benefit of instant replay, it appears a foul should have been called," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said.

Had that happened, Barry would have gone to the line for two free throws and a chance to tie the game. Instead, the defending champion Spurs trail the series 3-1 and face elimination Thursday in Los Angeles.

They should have appologized on Fishers shot too. Want to see one sided officiating all you had to do was watch the game last night. I hope the Lakers get more evenly officiated games than the Pistons are getting.

Direckshun
05-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Well, who has a shot to beat the Lakers?

If you ask me, the only team that has a shot at beating the Lakers are the Pistons. The Pistons are a veteran team who've been in this situation before, and their three top shooters (not including Billups) are fast, tall guys with a lot of versatility. They've got a lot of muscle below the basket, and they've got a lot of speed with their backup guards.

Also, and this is the main reason I believe the Pistons have a shot: Teyshawn Prince. Prince is a fantastic defender at the 3, and he's the only guy left who has any prayer of slowing Bryant down.

The Celtics play the toughest defense in the NBA, but that won't count for anything if they can't slow down Kobe. Without Kobe, they could easily keep the Lakers around 80 points a game, but Kobe opens everything up.

Who guards Kobe? Ray Allen couldn't slow Hamilton down. Rondo? Posey?

Posey would be my guess, but Kobe would burn any of these guys for 40+ a night.

luv
06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Just thought I'd bump this.

Basileus777
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Someone needs to make a Mike Breen drinking game. One drink for each time he says "puts it in," and you will be drunk out of your mind after a quarter

Basileus777
06-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Boston just looks out classed right now. They're going to need Paul Pierce. They are not winning this series with Pierce sucking like he has so far.

Fruit Ninja
06-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Lakers playing tough. I like what i see so far. Boston went on a run and Lakers got right back in.

Fruit Ninja
06-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Ouch Paul Pierce is done. That has to be a torn knee.

Basileus777
06-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh wow, in a wheelchair. Not good.

Fruit Ninja
06-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Pierce is a tough son of a bitch.

Friendo
06-05-2008, 09:05 PM
damn, I want the Celts but the Lakers are a much more disciplined team. I thought Boston had the vets. :doh!:

Smed1065
06-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Pierce is a tough son of a bitch.

Or experienced and felt they needed a lift.

Good move.

Basileus777
06-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Pierce is healthy enough to jump around, I'd say his injury isn't serious.

Ultra Peanut
06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
You heard it from Jeff Van Gundy, folks: Kevin Garnett has to beat Pau Gasol off.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-05-2008, 09:52 PM
That's the game.

Celtics up 1-0.

Garnett and Pierce too much. It's only Kobe on the Lakers, at least tonight it was.

Ultra Peanut
06-05-2008, 09:52 PM
The thing about a Phil Jackson team is that they're never going to do boneheaded things in the cl--

Chiefs Pantalones
06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Boston's defense is just too good.

Smed1065
06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I was surprised Garnett shot like sh... and they won.

Might be a sign.

:evil:

Chiefs Pantalones
06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
One thing is for sure, this is going to be a great Finals. This game was a blast to watch.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Yep. The hype machine was ridiculous, but alas it was a good game 1.

Amnorix
06-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Good game! Go Celtics!!

Fruit Ninja
06-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah, was a good game. Celtics did what they had to do. heh

cadmonkey
06-06-2008, 07:09 AM
I thought the season was over when Pierce was on the floor. I didn't think there was anyway he was coming back on the floor.

Thank you jesus, I hope the cigar that Red gave you, after helping Pierce's knee, tastes great.

Amnorix
06-06-2008, 07:16 AM
I thought the season was over when Pierce was on the floor. I didn't think there was anyway he was coming back on the floor.

Thank you jesus, I hope the cigar that Red gave you, after helping Pierce's knee, tastes great.

:D Same here. I specifically thought they might win THAT game due to emotional boost of picking each other up, but the series was now a completely foregone conclusion.

Let's hope his knee is ok. Nothing worse than losing due to an injury (McHale's foot in '87 and Russell's ankle in '58)

Amnorix
06-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Yeah, was a good game. Celtics did what they had to do. heh

I think if the Celtics can push the pace, play their normally good defense (as opposed to that crap we saw in the first half) and rule the boards, they'll be fine.

cadmonkey
06-06-2008, 07:46 AM
:D Same here. I specifically thought they might win THAT game due to emotional boost of picking each other up, but the series was now a completely foregone conclusion.

Let's hope his knee is ok. Nothing worse than losing due to an injury (McHale's foot in '87 and Russell's ankle in '58)

I guess after the adrenaline wore off Pierce was having a very tough time walking. He had his whole leg wrapped from his ankle to the middle of his thigh. I hope he is able to get the knee lose again on sunday.

cadmonkey
06-06-2008, 07:47 AM
I love reading the LA Times sports section today. Bill Plaschke is crazy.

When Pierce crumpled on the floor after being apparently faked out of his kneecap by Kobe Bryant with 6:52 left in the third quarter, the Lakers led by four points.

When he returned after just 1:45 had ticked off the game clock, the Celtics led by one.

The "Rocky" theme played. The crowd roared. Pierce hobbled out with drama dripping from every step.

He was so hurt, he immediately began sprinting around the stunned Lakers defenders.

He was in such pain, he hit consecutive three pointers late in the period that gave the Celtics the lead for good.

At which point, a Lakers season filled with colorful adjectives had been reduced to one word.

C'mon!

Apparently Bill needs to make Kobe seem like he is such a great player that Pierce’s body can’t stay together while defending him. He likes to leave the part where Perkins landed on Pierce’s leg, and that is the real reason he got hurt.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke6-2008jun06,0,5079539.column

Amnorix
06-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I guess after the adrenaline wore off Pierce was having a very tough time walking. He had his whole leg wrapped from his ankle to the middle of his thigh. I hope he is able to get the knee lose again on sunday.

Yeah, saw that same article on ESPN I think it was. Not a good sign. Sounded like he was limping badly.

Amnorix
06-06-2008, 08:36 AM
I love reading the LA Times sports section today. Bill Plaschke is crazy.

Apparently Bill needs to make Kobe seem like he is such a great player that Pierceís body canít stay together while defending him. He likes to leave the part where Perkins landed on Pierceís leg, and that is the real reason he got hurt.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke6-2008jun06,0,5079539.column

Saw that too. Apparently Red Auerbach is still in the heads of Lakers writers or soemthing, because that's pretty insane.

Fruit Ninja
06-06-2008, 09:25 AM

Yeah, Lakers fans know what thats all about losing one of their top players due to an injury.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah, Lakers fans know what thats all about losing one of their top players due to an injury.

Would you still have gotten gasol if bynum hadn't gone down?

KCChiefsMan
06-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Paul Pierce is the man! He returns from a knee sprain and comes out firing! I love it

BIG_DADDY
06-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Good game! Go Celtics!!

If you like watching wide open players clank 15-20 to end a game it was great. LAkers have to get more physical, the Celtics are shoving them all all over the place under the hoop.

BWillie
06-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Paul Pierce is the man! He returns from a knee sprain and comes out firing! I love it

That's why Shaq pulled aside a reported to tell him that Paul Pierce is the "Motherf*ckin' TRUTH". It's stuck ever since. Coming to a hall of fame near you

Amnorix
06-06-2008, 08:06 PM
If you like watching wide open players clank 15-20 to end a game it was great. LAkers have to get more physical, the Celtics are shoving them all all over the place under the hoop.

Meh. Garnett was missing open shots too in the 4th. Both sides were chucking some bricks in the 4th for whatever reason.

Yes, the Celtics will bang them off the court if the Lakers can't be any more physical than they were.

Farzin
06-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Kobe needs to get off to at least a decent start..or the Lake Show is busted..

Fruit Ninja
06-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Kobe needs to get off to at least a decent start..or the Lake Show is busted..

He has to stop taking bad shots. He had done it in the play offs a few times. Its just Kobe. Somedays he plays like that and is just on fire, some days, your shot just isnt there and well, you just look really bad.

What pisses me off is Pau has been playing really soft. I understand he's not a power guy, but sheesh, at least try to go in hard. If your shit gets blocked so what. its going to happen at times.

Friendo
06-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Phil didn't look like he was hitting the panic button to me. If Boston didn't have PJ, it likely would have been a Lakers win imo. Celtics have some issues to resolve too. Here's hoping the play will cinch up on both sides and it goes 7 great games!

SNR
06-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Can't believe this wasn't bumped for the game.

End of the first 22-20 Lakers. Both teams playing decently, although the Lakers are far more physical at the moment.

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, some more lame foul calls. Pretty decent first period. Going to grill me up some sirloin burgers now.

Basileus777
06-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Thank the officials for reminding us all why basketball isn't as popular as it once was. Absolutely no game flow thus far.

At the rate fouls are getting called, we'll see a matchup of DJ Mbenga and Brian Scalabrine soon.

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 07:45 PM
This is getting stupid, they are calling every touch foul.

SNR
06-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Man, I can't believe this. The zebras were relatively decent in game 1, but that was because they were trying to figure out how physical the game was. Since it IS being physical, what exactly does that say? That means you SHOULDN'T call every ticky tack touch.

Amnorix
06-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey BD, how are you feeling about those who said the Celtics bench was as good or better than the Lakers' bench? Seems to me pretty clear so far (key phrase, SO FAR) who has the better bench. But obviously, there's alot of basketball to play yet.

RedNeckRaider
06-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey BD, how are you feeling about those who said the Celtics bench was as good or better than the Lakers' bench? Seems to me pretty clear so far (key phrase, SO FAR) who has the better bench. But obviously, there's alot of basketball to play yet.

LOL not much of an NBA fan but for once we are rooting for the same team. :)

Basileus777
06-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Cassell is like a shorter lopsided looking Antoine Walker, without the 4 pointers.

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Man, I can't believe this. The zebras were relatively decent in game 1, but that was because they were trying to figure out how physical the game was. Since it IS being physical, what exactly does that say? That means you SHOULDN'T call every ticky tack touch.

I wouldnt mind if it was called the same on BOTH sides, but this is retarded. Gasol was fouled no call. Jordan got his arm pulled back on his shot, no call. Poe gets a pinky finger on his forearm, foul.

Basileus777
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Figures though since it is Bob Delaney.

Fruit Ninja
06-08-2008, 08:05 PM
lol, 15 freethrows to 2.

SNR
06-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey BD, how are you feeling about those who said the Celtics bench was as good or better than the Lakers' bench? Seems to me pretty clear so far (key phrase, SO FAR) who has the better bench. But obviously, there's alot of basketball to play yet.Yeah. Guys like Powe are doing quite well tonight.

Friendo
06-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I definitely think Pierce is playing with a Kobe-chip on his shoulder.

milkman
06-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Picking up fouls, Paul?

Don't you mean the refs are giving you gifts?

Amnorix
06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Picking up fouls, Paul?

Don't you mean the refs are giving you gifts?

I think the refs do seem to be giving an unusually high home court advantage to the Celtics, BUT it's also clear the Lakers have intentionally come out trying to be much more aggressive. They clearly felt (correctly) that they were pounded off the court in game 1, so they need to man up, which is resulting in them doing silly stuff that the refs are calling.

On the plus side, I think the Lakers may already have more offensive rebounds than they had all of game 1.

milkman
06-08-2008, 08:31 PM
I think the refs do seem to be giving an unusually high home court advantage to the Celtics, BUT it's also clear the Lakers have intentionally come out trying to be much more aggressive. They clearly felt (correctly) that they were pounded off the court in game 1, so they need to man up, which is resulting in them doing silly stuff that the refs are calling.

On the plus side, I think the Lakers may already have more offensive rebounds than they had all of game 1.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't usually say anything about the officiating, cause I know how the home court advantage works, and NBA officials are the worst.

But to call this officiating horrid, as BD did, is a gross understatement.

munkey
06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
But to call this officiating horrid, as BD did, is a gross understatement.

GIVE ME A F*&KING BREAK....

It's the NBA....

God lord....

morphius
06-08-2008, 08:48 PM

It's the NBA....

God lord....
Yup, it is the NBA's calling card, which is why I'm not watching the series.

Though of course the WWE is also popular, and with just as high a quality of ref.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-08-2008, 08:59 PM
The C's are just too strong defensively. It reminds me of when Detroit beat LA back in 04 I think it was.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
How long in the series before Kobe goes back to being Kobe: Which is not trusting teammates and forcing shots...oh wait...he already did that the last 3 times down the court.

DaKCMan AP
06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Haha @ Lakers

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2008, 09:05 PM
holy carps

milkman
06-08-2008, 09:05 PM

It's the NBA....

God lord....

Bite me.

Friendo
06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Haha @ Lakers

that much sweeter that the Lakers went on that little teaser run.

munkey
06-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Bite me.

NO...fakers bite..

I LOVE IT...

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Poor Kobe...he looks upset...:)

Pitt Gorilla
Rondo to Poe!

FAX
Bite me.

I know it's none of my business, Mr. milkman, but I'm not completely sure you really want to be bitten by Mr. munkey.

FAX

munkey
06-08-2008, 09:12 PM
HMMMMMM....

Who has the better bench?

interesting...must be the ref's...

munkey
06-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Phil is pulling kobe to PROVE how good his bench is...

NOOOOOO...The Celtic are DOOOOMMMMEEEDDD....

Friendo
06-08-2008, 09:43 PM
don't go anywhere yet

Basileus777
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Holt Shit, I thought it was over and just saw the score. How did Boston collapse like this?

58-4ever
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Quick stop, and get the ball to Kobe.

58-4ever
06-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Get the ball to Kobe again after these free throws.

58-4ever
06-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Let's see if the gangster can hit some shots

58-4ever
Quick, stab him in the face!

Friendo
Holt Shit, I thought it was over and just saw the score. How did Boston collapse like this?

hubris on Boston's part-pretty much

Basileus777
06-08-2008, 09:49 PM
The Machine failed.

Friendo
06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
be a lotta pressure on the Lake's in the first in LA--maybe they can file a whine, er,grievance with the LO. I'm sure they'd find a willing accomplice in Stern.