PDA

View Full Version : Honey, what's that sticking out of your back?

cookster50
04-17-2008, 12:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7353025.stm

A Russian man trying to sleep off a night of after-work drinking failed to notice a six-inch (15-cm) knife in his back - until his wife woke him up.

Yuri Lyalin, 53, took a bus home, ate breakfast and apparently slept like a baby before his spouse noticed a handle sticking out of his back.

He was rushed to casualty but doctors found no vital organs damaged.

Mr Lyalin shrugged the episode off but the drinking partner who stabbed him faces trial, Russian media report.

"Unique and intriguing the case may be, but the accused faces a severe punishment," said Pavel Vorobyov, a deputy prosecutor in the northern city of Vologda.

'We were drinking'

Mr Lyalin, an electrician, had spent the evening drinking with a watchman at his workplace when they got into an argument, Interfax news agency reports.

The morning found him waking up in the watchman's office but instead of going back to work, he decided to take the bus home.

At home, Mr Lyalin had some sausage from the fridge and lay down to sleep, the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper says.

After a couple of hours, his wife noticed the handle sticking out of his back and called an ambulance.

Viktor Belov, a surgeon who treated him, found a kitchen knife in Mr Lyalin's back but "by good fortune, it had gone through soft tissue without touching vital organs".

His alleged attacker reported the crime to the police himself, Interfax adds. Mr Lyalin apparently feels fine and bears no ill-will.

"We were drinking and what doesn't happen when you're drunk?" he was quoted by Komsomolskaya Pravda as saying.

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Wow.

rofl

J Diddy
04-17-2008, 12:35 PM
yep

sounds like jared allen

Frazod
04-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Damn, baby, we really need to get a new mattress. That spring is really poking the hell out of me. :)

Dave Lane
04-17-2008, 01:12 PM
How tough do you have to be to have a 6 inch knife sticking out of you and not feel it?

Dave

vailpass
04-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I want to party with this comrade!

Psyko Tek
04-17-2008, 01:21 PM
How tough do you have to be to have a 6 inch knife sticking out of you and not feel it?

Dave

tough? no,
how drunk was he?

chasedude
04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
tough? no,
how drunk was he?

No Shit, talk about being three sheets and feeling no pain! LMAO

Bowser
04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
tough? no,
how drunk was he?

As drunk as this guy, at least....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThiRxSvSdTY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThiRxSvSdTY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

vailpass
04-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I like how he holds no grudge against the buddy who stabbed him and the buddy who stabbed him reported himself and feels bad about it. Both seem like nice guys if you can leave out the back stabbing part.
Damn there must have been some potato juice thrown down that night.

Lzen
04-17-2008, 03:04 PM
"We were drinking and what doesn't happen when you're drunk?" he was quoted by Komsomolskaya Pravda as saying.

Of course. Hasn't everybody had a knife stuck in their back after a night drinking with buddies? ROFL

StcChief
04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
In Russia you don't stick the knife....

the Knife sticks you.

penguinz
04-17-2008, 03:48 PM
My new hero.

KCChiefsMan
04-17-2008, 03:52 PM
damn, he had to be on PCP or pain killers or something! damn

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't think I'd want to go drinking with those guys. For all we know, the knife isn't the worst thing that happened that night. In fact, his nonchalance implies just the opposite.

Frazod
04-17-2008, 05:48 PM
As drunk as this guy, at least....

<object width="425" height="355">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThiRxSvSdTY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>

I love that movie. LMAO