PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you trust Herm and company with a bounty of draft picks?

Count Alex's Losses
04-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Let's say we trade Allen for a bunch of high picks and end up with a ridiculous bounty of draft choices over the next two years.

Do you trust Herm, Carl, etc. to wisely use all of them to rebuild the franchise? Or are we just going to see more Kris Wilsons and Ryan Sims?

Mr. Plow
04-17-2008, 01:52 PM
No.

Radar Chief
04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
No.

X2

Reerun_KC
04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Not a snowballs chance in Hell...

Neither have proved they can build a superbowl team....

We are just paddling around the pond like a one legged duck until those jackasses are gone...

Direckshun
04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
I honestly do.

I expect him to play a Marty-like role for this team. This Draft will build us a great bevy of players from which we can improve.

Eventually this team is going to be young and promising. Then we're going to need another coach to figure out what the hell to do.

Sure-Oz
04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
No, but im holding out hope we draft the guys we need

Mr. Plow
04-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Can we hold onto all these picks until we get a coach & GM?

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I think we've drafted better since Herm arrived than we did the previous decade. I like the way he handles personnel, it's the coaching part that needs some improvement.

DaKCMan AP
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
We don't have a choice, and have no control over the situation, so there's no point in worrying about it.

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Not a snowballs chance in Hell...

Neither have proved they can build a superbowl team....

We are just paddling around the pond like a one legged duck until those jackasses are gone...

I prefer: The Chiefs are "like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest".

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 02:04 PM
We don't have a choice, and have no control over the situation, so there's no point in worrying about it.That sounds like my draft philosophy.

DaKCMan AP
04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
That sounds like my draft philosophy.

There's no reason to worry about something you have no control over. On the flip side, if you have control over something, then there's also no reason to worry -- you're in control. Therefore, no worrying!

Hoover
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Yes. Herm's last two drafts have been light years better than out past 10.

I just wish he was a better game coach. The thing to worry about is Carl using a veto to take his player over Herms.

Coogs
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I honestly do.

I expect him to play a Marty-like role for this team. This Draft will build us a great bevy of players from which we can improve.

Eventually this team is going to be young and promising.

I agree.

Count Alex's Losses
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
The only problem is that Herm's drafts may not be as great as they are being cracked up to be when it's all said and done. Tank, Turk, Pollard and Croyle could all easily be total busts. That would leave us with two dynamite first-rounders and Jarrad Page. Maybe Allan pans out.

Herm's NYJ drafts were pretty average, too.

bowener
04-17-2008, 02:12 PM
No.

X2+1

Bowser
04-17-2008, 02:12 PM
I trust Herm moreso than Carl.

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 02:14 PM
The first pick will say alot. If we reach for somebody, I'll know we are doomed.

chiefscafan
04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
I have a question does this rebuild by carl peterson more time to be the gm for another three years if so I"m done with this team till he's gone.

bowener
04-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Do you trust Herm and company with a bounty of draft picks?

Do you trust a 2 year-old sitting in a pool of antifreeze with a loaded gun?

Mr. Laz
04-17-2008, 02:52 PM
not really.....

better than Goonther and Carl though

Chiefnj2
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM
No. At the end of the day you still have Herm Edwards with his aniquated schemes and Dick Curl. He's still going to play not to lose.

el borracho
04-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Herm will get us more Tanks and Turks so I guess if you are satisfied with them then you would be optimistic. I remain very pessimistic until both Carl and Herm are gone. Based on front office alone I would bet the Dolphins have a better season than us in 2008.

beach tribe
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Do I think they will draft 2 players that will = 1 JA.

No.

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Herm will get us more Tanks and Turks so I guess if you are satisfied with them then you would be optimistic. I remain very pessimistic until both Carl and Herm are gone. Based on front office alone I would bet the Dolphins have a better season than us in 2008.Agreed. He hasn't brought us much in terms of greatness-he's drafted average at best players. The Chiefs are a trainwreck and I don't see it getting any better, any time soon. Add a conservative philosophy with questionable game day decisions and we don't stand a chance in Hell.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't trust the idiots at 1 Arrowhead Way any further than I could thrown their Propaganda Minister "Baghdad" Bob Gretz.

markk
04-17-2008, 03:08 PM
i think herm knows talented players when he sees them. he is a good coach except for between the hours of noon and 3pm on sundays

Stryker
04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I say yes. This has been needed for a looooooooong fugging time. I like the slash the roster ala Parcell's approach. IF and that is a big IF they can pull this off then I think we will have a team to be proud of once again - sooner than later.

Bitching is not going to change anything. Carl and Herm are not going away. So the way I see it either you hope/pray they can do it or you choose another team to support.

Just my .02

Dave Lane
04-17-2008, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't trust Herm with the remote to my TV let alone the future of the Chiefs!

Dave

Dicky McElephant
04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I prefer: The Chiefs are "like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest".

That would mean that we have at least one shot at kicking some ass. That's not going to happen next year.

EyePod
04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
This only matters on if they draft Matt Ryan. Right now, we don't need him. There's too many other holes. Tons of teams can get by with a mediocre QB (and that's what Brodie is until we see him behind an actual o-line).

Dave Lane
04-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Can we hold onto all these picks until we get a coach & GM?

X2

EyePod
04-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I say yes. This has been needed for a looooooooong fugging time. I like the slash the roster ala Parcell's approach. IF and that is a big IF they can pull this off then I think we will have a team to be proud of once again - sooner than later.

Bitching is not going to change anything. Carl and Herm are not going away. So the way I see it either you hope/pray they can do it or you choose another team to support.

Just my .02

I think Carl is gonna be let go or quit after this season.

Dave Lane
04-17-2008, 03:15 PM
The only problem is that Herm's drafts may not be as great as they are being cracked up to be when it's all said and done. Tank, Turk, Pollard and Croyle could all easily be total busts. That would leave us with two dynamite first-rounders and Jarrad Page. Maybe Allan pans out.

Sorry can't throw you more rep on this till i spread some around.

Dave

Stryker
04-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Carl is gonna be let go or quit after this season.

Oh I hope you are right - I cannot stand him. BUT, for now he IS here. I just hope that he has less input on the selections this time around and lets Herm do his thing. To me this is the ultimate opportunity for the so called "good evaluater of talent" to prove it. I believe he can do it.

Braincase
04-17-2008, 03:19 PM
More than I trust Vermeil.

bowener
04-17-2008, 03:20 PM
i think herm knows talented players when he sees them. he is a good coach except for between the hours of noon and 3pm on sundays

He is a religious man afterall... no work on the sabbath seems to explain this problem.

Mile High Mania
04-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Who was the last 'big name' DL guy to be traded and what did the team get in return? I just don't see a 'bunch of high picks' being sent to KC.

Chiefnj2
04-17-2008, 03:25 PM
i think herm knows talented players when he sees them.

Unfortunately he sees them on the other side of the field kicking KC's asses.

kc rush
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
They may do "OK" with the draft, because the drafts have been a bit better with Herm as coach. However, Herm f*cking sucks as a coach, so the team won't be any better.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
This only matters on if they draft Matt Ryan. Right now, we don't need him. There's too many other holes. Tons of teams can get by with a mediocre QB (and that's what Brodie is until we see him behind an actual o-line).

Why not start a rebuilding process by drafting a franchise QB? I can't think of a better time to make this pick.

StcChief
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
I have doubts about filling in good starters 5 or 6 of 10-12 picks will start.... track record isn't there.

KCChiefsMan
04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
DE's like Allen don't exactly come a dime a dozen. Trading away JA is just stupid. Carl will probably draft a bust with the pick we'll get from the trade.

Count Alex's Losses
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
DE's like Allen don't exactly come a dime a dozen. Trading away JA is just stupid. Carl will probably draft a bust with the pick we'll get from the trade.

We're about due for a first-round bust. LJ, Bowe, Hali and DJ are all way too good for the Chiefs. It's time for another Sims.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2008, 04:18 PM
We're about due for a first-round bust. LJ, Bowe, Hali and DJ are all way too good for the Chiefs. It's time for another Sims.

or Blackledge

KCChiefsMan
04-17-2008, 04:22 PM

we won't get a Jerad Allen, I'll tell you that much.

DJ_is_the_realdeal
04-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I for one think Herm has an eye for talent, Carl is the problem. I like getting younger players by building through the draft. Also, Kris Wilson was a Vermeil and Sims was a Vermeil draft choice not Herm.

suds79
04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
I trust Herm's player evaluation.

I just don't like the idea of losing good players to get there.

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM

Just my .02

The problem is you're talking about Bill Parcell's making these changes the Chiefs have nothing close to Parcell's or anyone with his proven ability leading this change.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Really if you look at starting lineup made up of players that Herm drafted in New York and here, you have a fairly good team. I think Herm can get some base players needed to have a really good football team.

Count Alex's Losses
04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Really if you look at starting lineup made up of players that Herm drafted in New York and here, you have a fairly good team.

No you don't. You have a distinctly average team.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2008, 05:12 PM
No you don't. You have a distinctly average team.

Its average yes but then you add free agents to the mix and you can have a good team.

KurtCobain
04-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Eventually this team is going to be young and promising. Then we're going to need another coach to figure out what the hell to do.

My exact thoughts.

Bill Cowher. He'll love this team. Plus he might have an extra first if we boot Herm's ass and he comes in next year.

alnorth
04-17-2008, 05:31 PM

In that case, we need to lobby the NFL for more 3pm and evening games.

cdcox
04-17-2008, 05:48 PM

The Mecca is strong with this one.

And I agree.

thurman merman
04-17-2008, 07:07 PM
i trust that they can draft good players.

i do not trust that they can pay them when they deserve it though.

Frazod
04-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I cannot help but be reminded of Keith David's line from Armageddon: "The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun."

Seems fitting on several levels. :D

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
I cannot help but be reminded of Keith David's line from Armageddon: "The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun."

Seems fitting on several levels. :D

A superb and appropriate quote.

crazycoffey
04-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Drafting - yes all the way.....
coaching is where we all have the majority of our concerns.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Bowe.

Tamba.

Best drafted qb in Chiefs history - Brody.

Rausch
04-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Herm - Yes.

Carl - No.

Rausch
04-18-2008, 02:07 AM
i trust that they can draft good players.

i do not trust that they can pay them when they deserve it though.

Or find a way to best use them. That's my fear...

88TG88
04-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Herm - Yes.

Carl - No.

x2

Von Dumbass
04-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Do you think you guys are going to draft Matt Ryan, or keep Croyle?