PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carl on Allen trade

CupidStunt
04-17-2008, 01:28 PM
“We will confirm that we have been in conversation with a few teams regarding the possibility of acquiring Jared Allen’s contractual rights,” team president and G.M. Carl Peterson said. “Any potential agreement would be contingent on the Chiefs receiving appropriate compensation and Jared’s representative reaching a contract agreement.

“Jared is not an exclusive franchise player. Therefore, based on the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, he has the right to visit and negotiate with other teams. However, for any trade to be completed, the Chiefs would need to reach an agreement on compensation. At this point, all of these discussions are preliminary.”

CupidStunt
04-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Preliminary ... but the draft is nine days away.

They better move those talks along real fast.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Is it telling that Carl is even making this comment, which basically tells us all what we already knew?

the Talking Can
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
it's gonna happen...Carl is in lawyer mode..

Chiefs Pantalones
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I hate this team. We never do nothing right. The one thing we did right I wasn't born yet (winning the Super Bowl).

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I truly despise Carl Peterson now. It's beyond just wanting him fired.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM

Heh, exactly. He's getting ready for a negotation war.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Welcome to the club! Pull up a chair; food and drinks are in the back.

Rooster
04-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Yep, print em.. :doh!:

Old Dog
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM

You want I should wire you money to cover the cost of a rope????

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM

Dude, you should be pumped. Your draft party is going to be even better now that we'll have extra picks, and the focus of the show will be on us.

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
"That'll be twenty dollars, please."-Carl

bowener
04-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Dude, you should be pumped. Your draft party is going to be even better now that we'll have extra picks, and the focus of the show will be on us.

This is true. and we will crumple on draft day like a dried up dead rose pedal left on the floor from the wedding that never ways.... ****in' cold feet brides!!!:cuss:

Chiefs Pantalones
04-17-2008, 01:39 PM

It's the last time the Chiefs will be nationally televised for about another 10 years.

It's the 80s again people. Be prepared to lose for a LOOONNNGG time.

bowener
04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
It's the last time the Chiefs will be nationally televised for about another 10 years.

butt i was born in teh 80's.... waht did i miss?

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Not quite. Next year we're going to have the #1 pick.

Count Zarth
04-17-2008, 01:41 PM
We need Blowfish to translate.

Not quite. Next year we're going to have the #1 pick.

Tebow!

Bowser
04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
We need Blowfish to translate.

Heh. Let's hope he didn't have a heart attack writing one ala that animator in Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail.

beach tribe
04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
I Can't ****ing Believe This.

DIE CARL!!!!!!

Frosty
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM

Passing on Jerry Rice for Ethan Horton. :doh!:

bowener
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Passing on Jerry Rice for Ethan Horton. :doh!:

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

But arent you glad we did... I mean we would have ruined his career.

J Diddy
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM

agreed

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I ****ing hate Carl I wish very bad things to happen to him

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
On the bright side, maybe carl and company will now be shown the door, I doubt it, but I can dream, can't I?

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
On the bright side, maybe carl and company will now be shown the door, I doubt it, but I can dream, can't I?

I have been dreaming that the last 5 years. So much for dreams

Mr. Laz
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
carl is such a dick

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
I have been dreaming that the last 5 years. So much for dreams
Yea, we're pretty much fooked.

ChiefaRoo
04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Ok, I'll throw in a contrarian point of view. Jared is a big, dumb cowboy. Do you guys really want an end who can rush the passer but is only good against the run to get a long term big money deal? Further, if you pay him that much money your making him the face of your organization which in my opinion would be the face of stupidity. I'd trade him and get more elite level picks. High 1st and low second or high 3rd otherwise I'd keep him for two more years and then let him bounce.

markk
04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
carl can do whatever he wants. butts are in the seats.

el borracho
04-17-2008, 02:08 PM

The attention will be sarcastic snickering as the talking heads laugh at whatever ridiculous draft choices we make trying to fill our completely empty roster.

Fruit Ninja
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I am getting so ****ing close to canceling Sunday Ticket.

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 02:10 PM
carl can do whatever he wants. butts are in the seats.Not as many. Last year looked like a Ghost town during some games toward the end of the year. People are only going to put up with a shitty product for so long and then they'll spend their money elsewhere.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Do you guys really want an end who can rush the passer but is only good against the run to get a long term big money deal?

Yes, as he's solid against the run and pass, I want to give hum a long term contract. Though I fail to see how he can rush the passer for 15.5 sacks last year but be "only good against the run". :p

Further, if you pay him that much money your making him the face of your organization which in my opinion would be the face of stupidity. I'd trade him and get more elite level picks. High 1st and low second or high 3rd otherwise I'd keep him for two more years and then let him bounce.
Considering this organizations draft history, I'd keep the known quantity.

markk
04-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Not as many. Last year looked like a Ghost town during some games toward the end of the year. People are only going to put up with a shitty product for so long and then they'll spend their money elsewhere.

i bet the are still selling almost all the seats to each game.

until the stadium is empty carl will be there. if that was not true he would not still be in charge after never winning a title

Bowser
04-17-2008, 02:15 PM

until the stadium is empty carl will be there. if that was not true he would not still be in charge after never winning a title

The loss of revenue at the parking gates and the concession stands will be noticed if the empty seats don't do the trick.

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM

We've discussed this before, but many, myself included spoke with Red Coaters after not renewing and were told they are hearing the same thing by many people that Carl's act has worn thin and they won't be back until he's gone. I won't spend another dime supporting that clown and at least the Red Coaters are hearing directly from the fans on the matter.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Considering this organizations draft history, I'd keep the known quantity.

Yep that pretty much sums it up

Dave Lane
04-17-2008, 02:19 PM

Don't forget his little buddy Herm who I hold equally at fault for wanting rid of all DV guys...

Dave

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Not as many. Last year looked like a Ghost town during some games toward the end of the year. People are only going to put up with a shitty product for so long and then they'll spend their money elsewhere.

No they won't. This franchise is like heroin for KC residents. Everyone will bitch and moan about this trade, but when Sunday rolls around, we will all still go to the games and/or watch on tv.

We're starting a rebuilding process - it happens to every single NFL franchise. Suck it up and accept it.

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Yep that pretty much sums it up

We got lucky and found a 5th-round who plays like a 1st-rounder, so we're going to trade him for a 1st-round pick, which we'll use to draft a guy who plays like a 5th-round pick.

Dave Lane

As a Chiefs fan about nothing....

Dave

Adept Havelock
No they won't. This franchise is like heroin for KC residents. Everyone will bitch and moan about this trade, but when Sunday rolls around, we will all still go to the games and/or watch on tv.

We're starting a rebuilding process - it happens to every single NFL franchise. Suck it up and accept it.

Speak for yourself. I haven't spent a dime on this franchise since 2004. I let my season tickets go after the Gunther debacle and he hired his crony DV. Not a penny more from me until Carl and Co. are gone.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Speak for yourself. I haven't spent a dime on this franchise since 2004.

Yet you spend hours of everyday on a Chiefs message board.

:rolleyes:

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Yet you spend hours of everyday on a Chiefs message board.

I've been a fan since we've had the KC Chiefs, but they aren't getting a penny from me until that clown is gone.

Your response is asinine, unless you're under the misapprehension Carl and Co. somehow profit from people posting at the planet. If that's the case, well, that explains a great deal IMO.

Thanks anyway, I paid for a piss-poor product in the 70's and 80's. I won't be making that mistake again.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
We got lucky and found a 5th-round who plays like a 1st-rounder, so we're going to trade him for a 1st-round pick, which we'll use to draft a guy who plays like a 5th-round pick.

LMAO

So true. God I hate being a Chief fan sometimes.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM

I've been a fan since we've had the KC Chiefs, but they aren't getting a penny from me until that clown is gone.

Your response is asinine, unless you're under the misapprehension Carl and Co. somehow profit from people posting at the planet. If that's the case, well, that explains a great deal IMO.

Thanks, I paid for a piss-poor product in the 70's and 80's, I won't be making that mistake again.

Cool, give yourself a round of applause. But you're a f'n moron if you think the rest of KC is not hooked on the Chiefs. KC finished 3rd in NFL attendance last year despite the product on the field. So you and everyone else on here can sit and whine about the trade and scream that you're done with the Chiefs until you're blue in the face, but you're the extreme minority.

Furthermore, what does that say about you when you're unwilling to give any money to cheer or support a team, yet you spend hours a week posting on a Chiefs message board. If you hate them so much, stop posting and get on with your life.

Bob Dole
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM

We'll probably get someone who will be out of the league within 3 years.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Cool, give yourself a round of applause. But you're a f'n moron if you think the rest of KC is not hooked on the Chiefs. KC finished 3rd in NFL attendance last year despite the product on the field. So you and everyone else on here can sit and whine about the trade and scream that you're done with the Chiefs until you're blue in the face, but you're the extreme minority.

Oh no!! I'm in the minority! How horrible for me to put my money where my mouth is! :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't really give a rats ass if the "majority" of people waste their money on a piss-poor product or not. I was that foolish in the 1970's and 1980's. I just refuse to make the same mistake again.

Furthermore, what does that say about you when you're unwilling to give any money to cheer or support a team, yet you spend hours a week posting on a Chiefs message board. If you hate them so much, stop posting and get on with your life.

I'm sorry you're too ignorant to distinguish between being a fan of the franchise, and refusing to give monetary support to its abysmal Leadership.

As for posting at the planet, I don't think I'll base my decision whether to post or not on the observations of someone too ignorant to draw that simple distinction. Thanks anyway. :thumb:

DeezNutz
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM

Whom we'll then trade to the Bucs for a 7th-round pick. Rinse, repeat.

el borracho
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
If this trade happens Gonzalez should demand to be traded also. Why waste his career working for a loser like Carl?

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM

Furthermore, what does that say about you when you're unwilling to give any money to cheer or support a team, yet you spend hours a week posting on a Chiefs message board. If you hate them so much, stop posting and get on with your life.Dude, get a grip. People have choices, if somebody wants to bag on Carl and company they have every right to and considering how shitty the product has been it's more than justified. Whether you realize it or not, some are CHOOSING to not renew-the team sucks bags of ass-this is not some new revelation.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry you're too ignorant distinguish between being a fan of the franchise, and refusing to give monetary support to it's Leadership.

As for posting at the planet, I don't think I'll base my decision whether to post or not on the suggestion of someone too ignorant to draw that simple distinction. Thanks anyway.

Eh, rationalize all you want, but it's a sad way to go through life.

Anyways, just as I said in the previous post, you're in the extreme minority. KC is going to continue to support the Chiefs just like they do every year.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 02:36 PM

Anyways, just as I said in the previous post, you're in the extreme minority. KC is going to continue to support the Chiefs just like they do every year.
If the Chiefs start out 1-3 or so, you're going to see that "support" dwindle noticeably.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Dude, get a grip. People have choices, if somebody wants to bag on Carl and company they have every right to and considering how shitty the product has been it's more than justified. Whether you realize it or not, some are CHOOSING to not renew-the team sucks bags of ass-this is not some new revelation.

No shit Sherlock. But it's hilarious to hear everyone whine and claim that no one is going to support this team now. This team has been the best thing going in KC the last two decades. Last year's team was the worst in years, yet we still finished 3rd in attendance. So just stop the charade, KC is hooked on the Chiefs.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Again, I'm sorry you're too ignorant to draw that distinction. As for it being "sad", that's your opinion, but I'm quite satisfied with my life. Especially with my decision to not spend money on a poor product. I don't buy crappy electronics or rustbucket cars. Thus, I don't waste money on leadership that hasn't won a playoff game since the early 1990's.

If you're happy blowing money on a poor product and see that as the standard of being a fan, more power to you. :thumb:

Fruit Ninja
04-17-2008, 02:38 PM

I dont mind rebuilding one bit, but when you talk about rebuilding why in the **** do you trade your 26 year old dominate defensive end. Not to mention he happens to be one of the best in the NFL and was the league leader in sacks. Has no history of serious injuries. Its just ****ing stupid to replace him with a rookie that isnt proven. I just dont see an upside right now or in the future for this.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Again, I'm sorry you're too ignorant to draw that distinction. As for it being "sad", that's you're opinion, but I'm quite satisfied with my life. Especially with my decision to not spend money on a poor product. Hey, if you're happy blowing money on a poor product, more power to you. :thumb:

Does using the word "ignorant" make you feel intelligent? It is a big word, congrats for mastering its usage.

I don't live in KC anymore, but if I did I would go to a few Chiefs games when I had the time. What else is there to do in KC on a Sunday? Is Carl/Lamar/Herm really going to notice my missing money if I don't go? What do you think it will accomplish?

BigChiefFan
04-17-2008, 02:40 PM
No shit Sherlock. But it's hilarious to hear everyone whine and claim that no one is going to support this team now. This team has been the best thing going in KC the last two decades. Last year's team was the worst in years, yet we still finished 3rd in attendance. So just stop the charade, KC is hooked on the Chiefs.How the **** is it a charade when I actually quit buying the product? Sorry, but I don't think you know what's up in KC-the fans are tired of this shit. Sure, some will show up, but if we start 0-5-look how empty Arrowhead will be. I was at the games last year- I saw first hand, did you?
The place was EMPTY.

beach tribe
I can see how this team would make people pissy.

eazyb81
I dont mind rebuilding one bit, but when you talk about rebuilding why in the **** do you trade your 26 year old dominate defensive end. Not to mention he happens to be one of the best in the NFL and was the league leader in sacks. Has no history of serious injuries. Its just ****ing stupid to replace him with a rookie that isnt proven. I just dont see an upside right now or in the future for this.

1. He doesn't want to be here, and has showed no willingness to sign a new contract, and

2. He is one late night party away from being suspended for one year.

Not a great risk for a long-term contract IMO, but I realize others have different opinions.

Dave Lane
04-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh no!! I'm in the minority! How horrible for me to put my money where my mouth is! :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't really give a rats ass if the "majority" of people waste their money on a piss-poor product or not. I was that foolish in the 1970's and 1980's. I just refuse to make the same mistake again.

I'm sorry you're too ignorant distinguish between being a fan of the franchise, and refusing to give monetary support to its abysmal Leadership.

As for posting at the planet, I don't think I'll base my decision whether to post or not on the observations of someone too ignorant to draw that simple distinction. Thanks anyway. :thumb:

Dudes like 25 cut him a break AH :)

Dave

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Does using the word "ignorant" make you feel intelligent? It is a big word, congrats for mastering its usage.
No, I've never felt the need to belittle someone to feel intelligent. My accomplishments over my life fill that role for me. Thanks for your touching concern, though.

Also, I appreciate you (albeit unintentionally) acknowledging I was using the word correctly. LMAO

I don't live in KC anymore, but if I did I would go to a few Chiefs games when I had the time. What else is there to do in KC on a Sunday? Is Carl/Lamar/Herm really going to notice my missing money if I don't go? What do you think it will accomplish?

It saves me at least a couple grand a year I can spend on other things, and still watch the game. Like you said, there are plenty of folks in this city who are willing to pay for a bad product, so they make that possible. Why would I want them to stop?

I've never said I wasn't a fan or don't watch. Just that I refuse to spend my cash on it until the management is changed. Again, if you want to support the Clown Carl with your dollars, it doesn't bother me. :thumb:

As for what else is there to do in KC on a Sunday, I suspect we have at least as many options as Nashville, TN. :shrug:

Uncle_Ted
04-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Someone else may have mentioned this already, but the ESPN Live guys said that JA will be meeting with the Vikings, and one of the guys (don't remember which one) said he thought the deal would happen for the Vikes' 1st and 3rd round picks.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 02:44 PM
No shit Sherlock. But it's hilarious to hear everyone whine and claim that no one is going to support this team now. This team has been the best thing going in KC the last two decades. Last year's team was the worst in years, yet we still finished 3rd in attendance. So just stop the charade, KC is hooked on the Chiefs.

I disagree. If the Chiefs keep sucking and Carl is still here Arrowhead will be a ghost town relatively speaking.

beach tribe
04-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I disagree. If the Chiefs keep sucking and Carl is still here Arrowhead will be a ghost town relatively speaking.

I agree. Last season was the first of suckage of this magnitude.

This year will prolly be worse.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree. Last season was the first of suckage of this magnitude.

This year will prolly be worse.

I think it would take at least 3-4 poor seasons for Arrowhead to begin returning to the level of the 1970's or 1980's, but I could be mistaken. It might happen sooner, but I don't see it.

aturnis
04-17-2008, 02:50 PM

EasyB....take it easy...B. All he's saying is he will not buy the bullshit that's being fed to him...he's got a tummy ache from having his fill of it already. I hope you're not the guy who says b/c I hate Dubya, and this "war", that I also must hate America. That'd be ignorant and gay. So he may be right, you may be ignorant. So what, just don't be gay. Bad B, don't be gay.

Also, do you know how the attendance is recorded? Is it the ACTUAL # of patrons that show up and walk through the turnstile...or the # of tickets sold? Lots of people had tickets, but by the end of the season, didn't bother showing up. Unless you can actually prove how that is counted, drop it. I saw LOTS and lots of empty seats.

Don't be gay....

el borracho
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM

Carl is the key, IMO. The Dolphins were the worst team in the league last year but Dolphins fans will have a reason to show up this year- with new leadership comes new hope. What hope do we have with Carl (73-71, without Marty) and Herm (52-60)? I, and I suspect many others, would have no problem paying money to support the team during down years but I have no intention of shoveling any more money into Carl's pockets.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I think it would take at least 3-4 poor seasons for Arrowhead to begin returning to the level of the 1970's or 1980's, but I could be mistaken. It might happen sooner, but I don't see it.

It might happen if the Royals get on a tear, and are in the hunt late in the season.

Easy is right about one thing - Arrowhead is a destination during the season. People will go to party if nothing else. Hell they were doing ot last year, especially late in the season. The stadium would be over half empty to start the second half, with everyone going back out to the cars to tailgate.

Count Zarth
04-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Yep. I'm done with it. This is the last straw. I was all set to blow 350 bucks on a trip to KC this year, but not now. Looks like American Airlines can blame Carl Peterson for losing my business, too.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
It might happen if the Royals get on a tear, and are in the hunt late in the season.

That's true, and I'd like to see that happen. I miss KC being a Baseball town as well as a Football one.

Easy is right about one thing - Arrowhead is a destination during the season. People will go to party if nothing else. Hell they were doing ot last year, especially late in the season. The stadium would be over half empty to start the second half, with everyone going back out to the cars to tailgate.

I wouldn't dispute that point. Besides, I'm grateful to them in a strange way. This way I get to stick to my principles regarding spending money to support the Leadership, but still get to watch the games as a fan. At least for now.

I'd love for Herm to be able to turn this franchise around. I just don't believe he and Carl can do it.

Skip Towne
04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Dudes like 25 cut him a break AH :)

Dave

It's quite apparent he wasn't around to witness the "crowds" at Arrowhead in the mid 80's.

Direckshun
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Jesus Christ hates the Chiefs.

TrebMaxx
04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I remember back in the day - mid to late 70's, when I lived in the area that Arrowhead was a virtual ghost stadium on football Sunday. I even remember one game vs. the Raiders that my dad got free tickets and I don't think there was even 20,000 in attendance. Basically, get in the stadium and pick your seat of choice. I can see this happening again soon to Arrowhead if Carl is not removed.

sedated
04-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I foresee a lot of blackouts this season.

Not like anyone would want to watch the trash they put on the field anyway.

Frazod
04-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Yep. I'm done with it. This is the last straw. I was all set to blow 350 bucks on a trip to KC this year, but not now. Looks like American Airlines can blame Carl Peterson for losing my business, too.

The only game I'll watch at Arrowhead this year is KU/MU.

It'll probably be the only game that isn't blacked out.

Carlota69
04-17-2008, 03:17 PM
After reading Carl's response to this mess, My first thought was this isn't going to get done.

First, I think, Carl will ask for the sky and I dont think any team will meet his demands. As far as JA talking to teams, it's because he can.

I've interviewed with other radio stations in the past just to drive up my value. Sounds like JA just being hopeful and trying to find his value.

In the end, JA can't go anywhere unless Carl lets him.
I really think JA will be here next year. After that...?

Obviuosly, I could be wrong...sort hope not though...

KCChiefsMan
04-17-2008, 03:19 PM
f*ck Carl. He probably doesn't want to resign JA because he was only a 4th round pick. If JA was a first he would lock him up for sure, that's Carl's ego for ya. I hope Carl gets falsely accused of rape and sent to a federal pound me in the a$$ penitentiary.

xbarretx
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM

got any pretzels?

KCChiefsFan88
04-17-2008, 03:27 PM
The Chiefs are essentially the Royals now. Be prepared for endless youth movements, no direction, bad drafting, etc.

Direckshun
04-17-2008, 03:28 PM
The Chiefs are essentially the Royals now. Be prepared for endless youth movements, no direction, bad drafting, etc.
Go Jayhawks. lol

Mr. Laz
04-17-2008, 03:28 PM

ROFL

and when the chiefs draft trazelle jenkins x2 in the 1st round the party will turn into Jonestown redux.

chiefscafan
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
One of the guys on moving the chains on sirius suggested McKinnie in the trade.

beach tribe
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM

I agree, but believe there will be a noticeable difference.

Arrowhead was a special place, and still is, but not the same.

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 03:35 PM
got any pretzels?

Pretzels? What's that? Uh -- Pretzels? Don't talk about -- pretzels? You kidding me? Pretzels? I just hope we can win a game!

J Diddy
04-17-2008, 03:40 PM

McKinnie and a 1st
I'd take it

Count Zarth
04-17-2008, 03:41 PM

They oughta just do that. Create one hole, fill another. Might actually make up for losing Allen, as the offense would be improved. Brodie would have more time, LJ could find some holes....

chop
04-17-2008, 03:41 PM
As far as JA talking to teams, it's because he can.

In the end, JA can't go anywhere unless Carl lets him.
I really think JA will be here next year. After that...?

Obviuosly, I could be wrong...sort hope not though...

Exactly, JA can negotiate with another team. That doesn't mean he is going anywhere.

Here is what another BB is saying about the possible trade:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=222893&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 03:44 PM

If the party goes further into the 2nd round, I'm going to have to buy another bag of chips. Dammit, Carl! :cuss:

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 03:45 PM
You want I should wire you money to cover the cost of a rope????

The great irony is that since Carl is white, it wouldn't be a hate crime if I dragged him to death behind a pickup, and yet....IT REALLY WOULD BE A HATE CRIME! You gotta love it.

beach tribe
04-17-2008, 03:47 PM
They oughta just do that. Create one hole, fill another. Might actually make up for losing Allen, as the offense would be improved. Brodie would have more time, LJ could find some holes....
But that would create a hole for them.
We're the only team dumb enough to lose our better players.

Nzoner
04-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Last year's team was the worst in years, yet we still finished 3rd in attendance. So just stop the charade, KC is hooked on the Chiefs.

Keep in mind that last years attendance i.e season ticket holders was a roll-over effect of a team that made the play-offs and alot of fans stayed on the bandwagon even though the play-off loss was humilating.

This season KC is in for alot of blackouts,fans are FED UP with Carl's bullshit,my little group alone that I tailgated with ALL GAVE UP SEASON TICKETS THIS YEAR totalling a little over $12,000 and now here in St Joe the Chiefs have a huge billboard promoting season tickets.They haven't had to do that kind of marketing in almost 20 years.

Think what you will but things are going south fast for this franchise.

Psyko Tek
04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
You KNow if you guys don't want to buy Carl's product LA is trying to put up a new stadium

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 04:06 PM
You KNow if you guys don't want to buy Carl's product LA is trying to put up a new stadium

Sounds like a great place to stash the body. Someone let Rainman know when they start pouring the foundation.

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Think what you will but things are going south fast for this franchise.I think 'fast' is a misnomer. The Chiefs haven't done anything significant in 15 years. All it will take to fill Arrowhead is a few wins. 10-6 and a playoff exit.

Fortunately, Carl and company are apparently trying to rebuild despite that fact, and these are the kinds of moves (like them or not) that may mean the difference between being the Chiefs of the 90s all over again, or being something closer to the Patriots of this century. Because you don't make so much of an effort to load up on draft picks if you're not legitimately trying to build your team up long-term the proper way. I can see the panic if the Chiefs were tossing out picks for older players and signing 30+ year old QBs. Instead, they're trying to get maximum value for a player who all but screams he doesn't want to be here to anybody who'll listen.

I know everybody's upset about losing their favorite player, but this is yet another sign (to me, at least) that they're serious about rebuilding, and they're not continuing to do the same kind of bullshit that's kept this franchise in the toilet for 10 years. Don't want to play for us, Jared? Fine. Hook us up with 2 1sts, and you're free to go.

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
I know everybody's upset about losing their favorite player, but this is yet another sign (to me, at least) that they're serious about rebuilding, and they're not continuing to do the same kind of bullshit that's kept this franchise in the toilet for 10 years. Don't want to play for us, Jared? Fine. Hook us up with 2 1sts, and you're free to go.

How is trading your top defensive player, who is still young in his mid 20s, hitting the prime of his career part of rebuilding?

BIG_DADDY
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM

LA Chiefs, interesting. Worth season tickets if they get rid of the management.

penguinz
04-17-2008, 04:12 PM
How is trading your top defensive player, who is still young in his mid 20s, hitting the prime of his career part of rebuilding?
Because that guy is a raging alcoholic.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:13 PM

When that player consistently bad mouths your organization while being 1 strike away from a year suspension and just opened a bar while spouting the type of lingo that people that relapse do with "I'm cured" it becomes a very gray situation...

Jared Allen the player has developed into a top of the line player, Allen the person is still very immature and likes to blame the organization for his down falls..

If you pay him what he wants and he screws up which looks almost likely with all of the offseason things he's done, then as an organization you look stupid.

Allen has been cut alot more slack by fans here than many players who've been great have been cut for doing far less...

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
When that player consistently bad mouths your organization while being 1 strike away from a year suspension and just opened a bar while spouting the type of lingo that people that relapse do with "I'm cured" it becomes a very gray situation...

Jared Allen the player has developed into a top of the line player, Allen the person is still very immature and likes to blame the organization for his down falls..

If you pay him what he wants and he screws up which looks almost likely with all of the offseason things he's done, then as an organization you look stupid.

Allen has been cut alot more slack by fans here than many players who've been great have been cut for doing far less...

and Carl the GM has sucked for the better part of 10 years.

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Because that guy is a raging alcoholic.

So you negotiate a clause into his contract regarding alcohol and suspensions. If (as has been stated earlier) JA won't agree to such terms, that's fine, trade him. If that's the case though the Chiefs better damn well state that's the reason they couldn't come to terms.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
If we trade Jared Allen, I think I'm going to take some time off from football. That may be a knee jerk reaction, but I can't imagine being passionate about a team that's not even passionate about itself. When Carl and Herm are gone, I'll return.

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 04:18 PM
How is trading your top defensive player, who is still young in his mid 20s, hitting the prime of his career part of rebuilding?I don't see it that way. I see it as getting maximum value right now for a player who is not going to sign for you, ever, regardless. He. Will. Not. Play. Here. He's said that for weeks. His trade value right now is higher than it has ever been, and may be higher than it ever will be. So, what do you do? Franchise him every year? Or do you cut bait and get the most you can get? Because he is not going to negotiate with us, and, apparently, according to his own words, he is not going to sign a long-term contract here. Ever. Period. That's the reality that people don't seem to grasp.

I don't care how we got here or who's fault it was. I think Carl Peterson is one of the worst GMs in the NFL, who should have been fired a decade ago. But you know what, that doesn't matter. The question now is how the Chiefs deal with the cards they've been dealt. Jared won't sign. Jared wants to leave. So, what's a better solution than trading him?

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:19 PM
and Carl the GM has sucked for the better part of 10 years.

Hey just sayin, he gets suspended for a year there's a page of threads about how the Chiefs were stupid for not trading him even though at the time they'd have flipped their lids, speaks to the LJ situation.

It's not even that Allen isn't a model guy I don't care if players run their mouths, it's that what he does gets him suspended, if he had no issues then they should pay him but he has them...

I remember when people said they'd never want Owens because of how he is, to your franchise Allen is more risky because what he does can take him off the field and you won't get any of that money back.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I think 'fast' is a misnomer. The Chiefs haven't done anything significant in 15 years. All it will take to fill Arrowhead is a few wins. 10-6 and a playoff exit.

Fortunately, Carl and company are apparently trying to rebuild despite that fact, and these are the kinds of moves (like them or not) that may mean the difference between being the Chiefs of the 90s all over again, or being something closer to the Patriots of this century. Because you don't make so much of an effort to load up on draft picks if you're not legitimately trying to build your team up long-term the proper way. I can see the panic if the Chiefs were tossing out picks for older players and signing 30+ year old QBs. Instead, they're trying to get maximum value for a player who all but screams he doesn't want to be here to anybody who'll listen.

Good post, I agree wholeheartedly.

Everyone on here has whined for years about not doing a full rebuilding effort and just settling for 8-10 wins a year.

Now we look like we're finally committing to a real organizational rebuild, everyone is pissed.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
So you negotiate a clause into his contract regarding alcohol and suspensions. If (as has been stated earlier) JA won't agree to such terms, that's fine, trade him. If that's the case though the Chiefs better damn well state that's the reason they couldn't come to terms.

Guess what, he'd never sign it and the players union wouldn't allow him to sign it...

This is very gray and the way Allen acts I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing they are doing.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:21 PM

Everyone on here has whined for years about not doing a full rebuilding effort and just settling for 8-10 wins a year.

Now we look like we're finally committing to a real organizational rebuild, everyone is pissed.

Because Allen has become exceedingly popular while carrying himself as a total ass off the field....people overlook it with him but they won't with other players....wonder why.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 04:23 PM

Nobody's pissed at the prospect of a rebuild, but I understand the anger at trading one of the main guys you need to rebuild around, two strikes or no.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Because Allen has become exceedingly popular while carrying himself as a total ass off the field....people overlook it with him but they won't with other players....wonder why.

What other players?

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I get what both Keg and Mecca are saying but if Clark would have been smart and removed the problem we wouldn't be dealing with this shit now. Now we are pretty much ****ed.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
What other players?

I'll use a team example and a league example......People think LJ is a thug and I've seen it posted on several times, by league standards what Allen has done is worse...

How about Owens, people always say they wouldn't want him, say he's a dick, and he's also an elite player at his position. The stark difference being Owens just runs his mouth Allen gets suspended...

Just sayin I think Allen has been cut some major slack in this situation that other guys haven't gotten. He's brought a ton of this upon himself with his own actions.

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I get what both Keg and Mecca are saying but if Clark would have been smart and removed the problem we wouldn't be dealing with this shit now. Yep. I agree completely.

But there's nothing anybody can do about that now...

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I get what both Keg and Mecca are saying but if Clark would have been smart and removed the problem we wouldn't be dealing with this shit now. Now we are pretty much ****ed.

Removing Carl isn't going to change that Allen is a huge risk factor player that has a drinking problem....if you were running the team what would you think? ! more he's out for the year he opens a bar, says he's "cured" which anyone that has known anyone with issues like this when they say stuff like that it's about 99% sure to happen again...

Allen hates Carl because Carl won't pay him what he wants, I get that's how people negotiate but the thing I don't like is how Allen 100% blames the Chiefs for this and takes 0 personal responsibility.

I think the Chiefs would gladly pay him if he hadn't carried himself off the field like he has in terms of getting suspended...Allen bad mouths this organization when the reason he isn't getting paid is HIS FAULT.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Yep. I agree completely.

But there's nothing anybody can do about that now...

Sure there is. Clark could step in and do what he said he was going to do and get JA signed. He could also fire Carl but he won't.

Nzoner
04-17-2008, 04:30 PM

DING DING..we have a winner!!

We have an egomaniac for a GM that runs off good players like John Tait and isn't about to be shown up so players opt to go to an organization that cares.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Removing Carl isn't going to change that Allen is a huge risk factor player that has a drinking problem....if you were running the team what would you think? ! more he's out for the year he opens a bar, says he's "cured" which anyone that has known anyone with issues like this when they say stuff like that it's about 99% sure to happen again...

Allen hates Carl because Carl won't pay him what he wants, I get that's how people negotiate but the thing I don't like is how Allen 100% blames the Chiefs for this and takes 0 personal responsibility.

I think the Chiefs would gladly pay him if he hadn't carried himself off the field like he has in terms of getting suspended...Allen bad mouths this organization when the reason he isn't getting paid is HIS FAULT.

The problem Allen has is he sat down and talked to Carl and did everything they asked him to do plus more. He held up his end of the deal and now he feels the Chiefs aren't holding up theirs. That is why he is pissed because he feels they lied to him.

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Sure there is. Clark could step in and do what he said he was going to do and get JA signed. He could also fire Carl but he won't.Do you honestly think that's something that any owner of any major sports team would ever do, a week before the draft or any other time? Overrule his GM on a player negotiation, much less fire him?

Bowser
04-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Do you honestly think that's something that any owner of any major sports team would ever do, a week before the draft or any other time? Overrule his GM on a player negotiation, much less fire him?

Maybe, but certainly not around these parts.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:33 PM
The problem Allen has is he sat down and talked to Carl and did everything they asked him to do plus more. He held up his end of the deal and now he feels the Chiefs aren't holding up theirs. That is why he is pissed because he feels they lied to him.

I know people hate Carl and he's done alot of stupid things and shouldn't be here but in this situation he isn't the only GM that would walk from this guy...

I have a hard time believing the Colts would pay Allen if they were in this same position...

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Do you honestly think that's something that any owner of any major sports team would ever do, a week before the draft or any other time? Overrule his GM on a player negotiation, much less fire him?

Maybe Clark thinks Allens off the field problems are to great to warrant paying him what he wants and this is something sent down from him...

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe Clark thinks Allens off the field problems are to great to warrant paying him what he wants and this is something sent down from him...Could be. Who knows.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Could be. Who knows.

All I know is it isn't my money and even I hedge about if they should pay him or not...

I know it's unpopular because of how much people like Allen just like trading LJ would have been the right thing to do and people would have been pissed about that too...

This organization has done alot of stupid things but I'm not sure moving Allen for a bunch of picks would be one of them...I think we all know how this story ends and if it does end that way with him being suspended for a year and he's on our team, then people will go nuts that we shoulda taken the trade.

Logical
Ok, I'll throw in a contrarian point of view. Jared is a big, dumb cowboy. Do you guys really want an end who can rush the passer but is only good against the run to get a long term big money deal? Further, if you pay him that much money your making him the face of your organization which in my opinion would be the face of stupidity. I'd trade him and get more elite level picks. High 1st and low second or high 3rd otherwise I'd keep him for two more years and then let him bounce.

You are dreaming I bet we don't do better than 2nd this year and 1st next with some second day pick this year as well.

Count Zarth
Clark already said he wanted Allen re-signed.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 04:39 PM

Of course not. I was just wishful thinking

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Maybe Clark thinks Allens off the field problems are to great to warrant paying him what he wants and this is something sent down from him...

Could be but then he shouldn't have said their #1 priority was to sign JA. He knew his history this isn't some kind of new revelation

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Clark already said he wanted Allen re-signed.

Yea because it's in public and he's the teams most popular player, just the same as he said they were going to compete for the playoffs next year because he couldn't say they were rebuilding and wouldn't be any good..

He can't come out and go "I think Allen is an alcoholic and I'm not giving 30 mill of guaranteed money to him and we're gonna go 2-14 next year cause we're rebuilding"

Mecca
Could be but then he shouldn't have said their #1 priority was to sign JA. He knew his history this isn't some kind of new revelation

Public speak, it looks good to fans same as saying we're gonna be better next year...

Sure-Oz
I know people hate Carl and he's done alot of stupid things and shouldn't be here but in this situation he isn't the only GM that would walk from this guy...

I have a hard time believing the Colts would pay Allen if they were in this same position...

Agreed....Allen will be a careless **** when he gets paid, he'll probably celebrate the night of the contract by drinking and driving

Hoover
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm with Mecca on this deal.

I love JA but the dude messed up by getting into trouble in an era when Roger Gooddell likes to use big name players an example when they mess up.

Secondly, its not like JA did himself any favors when he said he wouldn't resign if the team put the franchise tag on him.

Finally, as much as I hate to see him go, if we are going to rebuild lets jump in with both feet. In 3-4 years when we are good again JA will be old and washed up when we need him the most.

now we just have to hope we can use these draft picks to rebuild the core of this team, I'd start with the offensive and defensive lines.

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 04:43 PM
You are dreaming I bet we don't do better than 2nd this year and 1st next with some second day pick this year as well.That would be one of the worst trades in NFL history.

(Which wouldn't shock me)

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 04:44 PM
He can't come out and go "I think Allen is an alcoholic and I'm not giving 30 mill of guaranteed money to him and we're gonna go 2-14 next year cause we're rebuilding"

That would be hilarious if he did say that though.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Public speak, it looks good to fans same as saying we're gonna be better next year...

Fair enough. Then he pretty much lied to the fans and when this teams is 2-14 next year I expect a house cleaning because he also said this team would compete for a playoff spot this season.

Hoover
04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Vikings are offering a 1st and 2nd right now.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:47 PM

If you can get that and get them to throw in something else with it then it becomes a fine deal...

Allen's off the field headaches are the issue that's it, he wants to be one of the highest paid players in the game, does anyone think he's mature enough to handle that and want him as the face of our team?

He screws up again and then we end up on Sportscenter all the time as the butt of jokes...while wasting a huge amount of cash.

Logical
You probably are young, but the fans were hooked on the Chiefs in late 60s and early 70s, after the late 70s the stadium was about 1/2 full when it was warm and would have maybe 20K when it was frigid outside. It can happen again.

J Diddy

really

sold

bye bye JA

for real?

SDChief
04-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I really like Jared Allen, and I don't want him to go, but I remember last year when a lot of us were saying that LJ earned his money and were saying that Carl should pay him. I know some weren't saying that but a lot were. His trade value was at it's highest point then, granted not as high as JA's but at it's highest point. The planet would have exploded if we would have traded him. No hope for the 07 season.
Well the situation is here again, you have to remember it could go the other way. JA might relax once he gets his money too. Really if you look at his personality, in my opinion there are signs that might very well happen. He busted his ass in a contract year, had a great year and a ton of sacks and was a bright spot on a bad team. A lot of player do that and tank the next year.
I think there is an argument for finding a trade. It hurts, I own a 69 jersey, but I can kind of see the logic. Do I think it will help the Chiefs this year, no way. But keeping him might not either.

BigRock
04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Allen said that if the Chiefs don't sign him to a long-term deal before the season, then he wasn't going to sign one in the future. He did not say "I'm not going to sign long-term if they put the franchise tag on me". He did not say "I. Will. Not. Play. Here." And he did not say any of the other incorrect things people are claiming he said.

And why is anyone taking that seriously anyway? Guys say that shit all the time. Lance Briggs said the same thing when the Bears franchised him last year, and what happened? He played a year on the franchise tag and just re-signed long-term with Chicago.

Mecca
really

sold

bye bye JA

for real?

To many people the Vikings are sitting in a 1 player draft area where they have to land Harvey and that's it, so it is plausible that they'd offer a ton for Allen.

Count Zarth
Saying Allen has off the field issues is a joke man...he's been clean and sober for over a year now. He opened a bar, yes, but that only increased temptation, and he's STILL stayed off the sauce.

He did EVERYTHING the Chiefs asked him to do, they put him in their ****ing propaganda film as "A FORCE WILL EMERGE," and now they are stabbing him in the back. It's ****ing bullshit.

We're gonna suck this year. Allen will probably win at least one playoff game and play on a nasty-ass defense.

And we'll still be stuck with these losers telling us "It's okaaaaaay," a year from now.

Maybe next offseason we can trade Derrick Johnson.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 04:50 PM
You probably are young, but the fans were hooked on the Chiefs in late 60s and early 70s, after the late 70s the stadium was about 1/2 full when it was warm and would have maybe 20K when it was frigid outside. It can happen again.

I was told he's only 25. To him, Arrowhead has always been, and always will be full.

I remember all to well those days. Pity if they come again, but with the clowns running the show, it's in the realm of possibility.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Allen said he wasn't going to sign a long-term deal in the future if the Chiefs didn't sign him to one before the season started. He did not say "I'm not going to sign long-term if they put the franchise tag on me". He did not say "I. Will. Not. Play. Here." And he did not say any of the other incorrect things people are claiming he said.

And why is anyone taking that seriously anyway? Guys say that shit all the time. Lance Briggs said the same thing when the Bears franchised him last year, and what happened? He played a year on the franchise tag and just re-signed long-term with Chicago.

Lance Briggs didn't wanna be one of the highest paid players in the league while 1 strike away from a year suspension....

I'd personally have more faith in Allen if he hadn't opened a bar when he has a drinking problem, that is a huge red flag...also his cured bullshit. When you are an alcoholic you are always an alcoholic you are never cured.

keg in kc
04-17-2008, 04:52 PM
He did EVERYTHING the Chiefs asked him to do, they put him in their ****ing propaganda film as "A FORCE WILL EMERGE," and now they are stabbing him in the back. It's ****ing bullshit.Well, since he's the one seeking the trade, he's technically stabbing himself in the back.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Saying Allen has off the field issues is a joke man...he's been clean and sober for over a year now. He opened a bar, yes, but that only increased temptation, and he's STILL stayed off the sauce.

He did EVERYTHING the Chiefs asked him to do, they put him in their ****ing propaganda film as "A FORCE WILL EMERGE," and now they are stabbing him in the back. It's ****ing bullshit.

We're gonna suck this year. Allen will probably win at least one playoff game and play on a nasty-ass defense.

And we'll still be stuck with these losers telling us "It's okaaaaaay," a year from now.

How that whole we should keep LJ thing workout?

We ended up in a bad spot, we're rebuilding and our best player has serious off the field problems...

BigRock

Why are you so convinced that Allen is gone? Is Larry Johnson a Green Bay Packer?

eazyb81

Was the NFL the dominant superpower it is now? Did every stadium routinely fit 70,000 people every Sunday?

This is a different era, and EVERYONE supports a winner. KC's ticket sales may drop a bit, but I guarantee we don't fall out of the top ten over the next year or two.

This town is hooked on the Chiefs like a junkie is hooked on heroin.

Hoover
04-17-2008, 04:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351406

Talks about Vikes picks

Count Zarth
04-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Why are you so convinced that Allen is gone? Is Larry Johnson a Green Bay Packer?

The LJ stuff never escalated to this level.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Was the NFL the dominant superpower it is now? Did every stadium routinely fit 70,000 people every Sunday?

This is a different era, and EVERYONE supports a winner. KC's ticket sales may drop a bit, but I guarantee we don't fall out of the top ten over the next year or two.

If they do end up getting the 3 first day picks over the course of the 2 seasons, if those picked are used right people will soon forget especially if Allen does get suspended...

That trade could in all reality influx the Chiefs with a ton of talent.

BigRock
04-17-2008, 04:59 PM
The LJ stuff never escalated to this level.
What level? What has happened except Allen visiting other teams?

Count Zarth
04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
What level? What has happened except Allen visiting other teams?

Freakin' Jay Glazer level. Freakin' Carl Peterson press statements level.

Adios, Jared.

Logical
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
That would be one of the worst trades in NFL history.

(Which wouldn't shock me)

Yes, by the way I had a thread predicting this months ago. I admit at the time I thought it was a good idea. The key to that is I had some hope Clark would replace Carl. I don't trust Carl to get value for the trade or to make good use of the picks he get in exchange for JA. Sad...:(

J Diddy
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM

Adios, Jared.

plus the way it escalated

it went off like a time bomb

Valiant
04-17-2008, 05:06 PM

To his defense I have not seen him drink the 3 or 4 times I have seen him out in the past couple months.. IF he can stay clean, he deserves a long-term contract..

Hell even if he does not make it the full 5-6 years of the contract it will not hurt that much with the way the cap goes up every year.. It is better to pay now then see what it would cost later on.. Hell LJ contract will seem like chump change in 2-3 years for average salary..

Carl should pay him but have a clause that if he gets suspended again then he has to pay some of it back..

Bowser
04-17-2008, 05:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351406

Talks about Vikes picks

I think it speaks volumes that the Chiefs even confirmed that they are "talking to a few teams". And if the Vikes offered up their first this year plus their first AND second next year? Shit, jump all over it.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I think it speaks volumes that the Chiefs even confirmed that they are "talking to a few teams". And if the Vikes offered up their first this year plus their first AND second next year? Shit, jump all over it.

If you get 2 1st's it's a no brainer...

BigRock
04-17-2008, 05:12 PM

Adios, Jared.
How quickly we forget. The Chiefs put out a press release just before last year's draft to comment on all the LJ trade rumors in the media.

Logical
04-17-2008, 05:15 PM

Actually it has been a dominant superpower since the days of the Steelers Super Bowls so yes it was. The Royals used to draw almost full stadiums in the really late 70s and through the 80s, the town was hooked on them as well. How many fans a season do they draw now.

Chiefnj2
04-17-2008, 05:15 PM
How is Allen blaming the team for his downfalls?

Was he told he'd be offered a contract extension? Was he told the team would take care of him if he cleaned up his act? Both the owner and head coach came on in the offseason and said signing him was the first priority. Did Carl live up to that promise?

Micjones
04-17-2008, 05:17 PM
How is Allen blaming the team for his downfalls?

Was he told he'd be offered a contract extension? Was he told the team would take care of him if he cleaned up his act? Both the owner and head coach came on in the offseason and said signing him was the first priority. Did Carl live up to that promise?

He did not. And for that... We will pay.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 05:20 PM

I guess you missed all the empty seats out there in the late games last season (they were quite visible on TV), and Nzoners comment about his group.

I'm not saying it will happen, but to pretend it can't happen is just silly.

Actually it has been a dominant superpower since the days of the Steelers Super Bowls so yes it was. The Royals used to draw almost full stadiums in the really late 70s and through the 80s, the town was hooked on them as well. How many fans a season do they draw now.

Precisely. IIRC, it didn't take too long after the '85 season for the fall off to begin, and it bloomed into a real turd when Mr. K. passed on.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I guess you missed all the empty seats out there in the late games last season (they were quite visible on TV), and Nzoners comment about his group.

I'm not saying it will happen, but to pretend it can't happen is just silly.

We're apparently talkikng about two different things. All that matters is people BUYING tickets, not actually sitting in their seat for all 60 minutes.

Last year's attendance (take note this was our worst season in years):
1. Washington, DC
2. NYG
3. KANSAS CITY
4. NYJ

One of these things is not like the other.......

KC is hooked on the Chiefs, and I will argue that to my death. A couple obsessive posters on Chiefs Planet may claim to stop going to games, but Mr. and Mrs. Average Joe KC fan will continue to buy tickets to have a great time on Sundays and hang out with their friends.

If you continue to disagree, come up with an appropriate wager to put this to bed. I am willing to bet whatever that we don't fall out of the top 7 in attendance this season - a season where we most likely will be one of the worst teams in the league.

Count Zarth
04-17-2008, 05:34 PM
That's PAID attendance, not actual attendance.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 05:37 PM
That's PAID attendance, not actual attendance.

and that's ALL that matters.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 05:38 PM
We're apparently talkikng about two different things. All that matters is people BUYING tickets, not actually sitting in their seat for all 60 minutes.

1. Washington, DC
2. NYG
3. KANSAS CITY
4. NYJ

KC is hooked on the Chiefs, and I will argue that to my death. A couple obsessive posters on Chiefs Planet may claim to stop going to games, but Mr. and Mrs. Average Joe KC fan will continue to buy tickets to have a great time on Sundays and hang out with their friends.

If you continue to disagree, come up with an appropriate wager to put this to bed. I am willing to bet whatever that we don't fall out of the top 7 in attendance this season - a season where we most likely will be one of the worst teams in the league.

I wonder how many tickets are bought up by corporate sponsors, and not just by the Average Joes. By your own reasoning earlier, Arrowhead is a place to go and be seen in KC during football season.

CoMoChief
04-17-2008, 05:39 PM

1. Washington, DC
2. NYG
3. KANSAS CITY
4. NYJ

Corporate sponsors and TV stations buy remaining tickets so games don't get blacked out. This has happened many times.

All I know is the Chiefs won't see any of my money this season. Thats for damn sure.

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Corporate sponsors and TV stations buy remaining tickets so games don't get blacked out. This has happened many times.

All I know is the Chiefs won't see any of my money this season. Thats for damn sure.

Of course. So when you consider that all teams are capable of reaping that benefit, it doesn't change anything.

King_Chief_Fan
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM

These people are fools and continue to reinforce CP.

Al Bundy
04-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Hmmm Gaines Adams on one side and Jared Allen on the other... good luck NFC South. I like the thought of Allen sporting that beautiful red and pewter uniform.

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Allen said that if the Chiefs don't sign him to a long-term deal before the season, then he wasn't going to sign one in the future. He did not say "I'm not going to sign long-term if they put the franchise tag on me". He did not say "I. Will. Not. Play. Here." And he did not say any of the other incorrect things people are claiming he said.

Exactly. Long-term contracts with lots of zeros make friends of everybody.

My suspicion is that Allen is going out as a negotiating ploy, and the Chiefs are letting him. Then they'll get the deal done. Hopefully somewhere in between Carl Peterson will quit to become a professional bobsledder.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 06:06 PM

We have differing opinions. Mine is based on a few decades of watching Kansas City respond to it's sports teams, and I'm fairly certain I never stated it would happen, just that it could. You're the one making absolute claims, not me. Why on Earth would I bet on something I've never stated I believed would happen? :hmmm:

However, you proved earlier in this thread that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I probably shouldn't be surprised you are misrepresenting my position yet again. Since it may just be miscomprehension instead of a purposeful misstatement, so I'll be nice and make allowances for that.

BTW- If you think my (and Nzoners, CoMoChiefs, Frazod's, GOATSE's etc.) refusal to spend money on the team as long as Carl runs it qualifies as "obsessive", I suggest you invest in a dictionary and learn what the word actually means. ;)

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Why would a wager "put it to bed"? We have differing opinions. Mine is based on a few decades of watching Kansas City respond to it's sports teams, and I don't believe I ever stated it would happen, just that it could. However, as you proved earlier in this thread that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, so I probably shouldn't be surprised you are misstating my position yet again.

A wager would put it to bed so you would stop talking about it and we could actually let the results dictate who is right and who is wrong. I am 100% confident that I am correct, and it's perfectly apparent watching you dance around the subject that you are not so certain.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I knew you'd realize the error of your ways eventually.

:thumb:

And if you think my refusal to spend money on the team as long as Carl runs it qualifies as "obsessive", I suggest you invest in a dictionary and learn what the word actually means. ;)

Hmm, didn't we discuss this like 6 hours ago? I guess it took you this long to come up with an adequate zinger, eh? The classic "get a dictionary" dig - wocka wocka wocka!!! You're such a ham. ROFL

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Hmm, didn't we discuss this like 6 hours ago? I guess it took you this long to come up with an adequate zinger, eh? The classic "get a dictionary" dig - wocka wocka wocka!!! You're such a ham. ROFL

Yes, I recall it quite well. That's when you acknowledged that my use of the word "ignorant" to describe your posts was correct by stating I had "mastered" the use of the term. I am seldom quick to forget when someone makes such a humorous and embarrassing statement. That was also the point you stopped posting in this particular thread for a while and moved to others for several hours, not that I blame you for that. ;)

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4690473&postcount=62

As for your misuse of "Obsessive", I'm quite serious. You apparently don't know what it means, or you wouldn't have misused the term so egregiously. You used it to describe a group of people who have decided not to invest their money in a poor product. Unfortunately for you, the words meaning isn't even close to that.

From the OED:
obsess
• verb 1 (usu. be obsessed) fill the mind of (someone) continually and disturbingly. 2 informal, chiefly N. Amer. be preoccupied in this way.

I don't know about the others, but I doubt they let their decision to not spend their money constantly and continually permeate their thoughts. In fact, I seldom if ever consider it except when I see that decision validated by an event like Mr. Allen's potential trade. I probably wouldn't be mentioning it now, had you not so poorly misrepresented it on several occasions. :shrug:

Why did I mention a dictionary? Not as a slam, but rather because it's painfully obvious that you don't have an understanding of what the word really means. Given your repeated misinterpretations and misapprehensions in this thread, I'm not surprised you misunderstood my suggestion regarding your purchase or study of a dictionary. ;)

A wager would put it to bed so you would stop talking about it and we could actually let the results dictate who is right and who is wrong. I am 100% confident that I am correct, and it's perfectly apparent watching you dance around the subject that you are not so certain.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I knew you'd realize the error of your ways eventually.

:thumb:

Ah, I see this is the part where you act like the US in Vietnam, declare victory, and go home. Let me know how that works out for you.

It simply can't be an error on my part when I never made any claim about other people staying away. Only that I would, and others might (as they did with the Royals and Chiefs in the past). You really do have trouble with that distinction, don't you? You must, as this is about third or fourth time you've misrepresented or misinterpreted my position. Whether that stems from malice or ignorance doesn't really matter, I suppose.

Again, why would you expect me to take a bet based on a position I've never stated I believe? Indeed, I'm quite certain that I mentioned repeatedly that it was something that may or may not happen. I also mentioned I was strangely grateful to those folks, as it allowed me to not spend money on the team, yet still watch the games. However, given your previous statements in this thread, I'm not at all surprised you've chosen to ignore those many statements in favor of one you imagine I said. LMAO

The only problem with that for you is I didn't state, nor do I support the position you wish to attribute to me. Don't let a little matter like that stop you from claiming otherwise. Just don't expect to be taken seriously when you do. :shrug:

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Ah, I see this is the part where you act like the US in Vietnam, declare victory, and go home. Let me know how that works out for you. LMAO

It simply can't be an error on my part when I never made any claim about other people staying away. Only that I would, and others might (as they did with the Royals and Chiefs in the past). You really do have trouble with that distinction, don't you? You must, as this is about third or fourth time you've misrepresented or misinterpreted my position.

Is this where you're seriously taking this argument now? Wow, I thought better of you before today, but it appears I was wrong. Why do you honestly think we are both in this heated discussion if I have a strong position and you apparently don't? Don't you think that is a bit ridiculous on your part, or do you just have a boring life and need something to occupy your time before the bingo parlor tonight?

You can sit here and blab all day about how others might do one thing or another, but what's the point of even typing the sentence if you're not willing to make a stand based on evidence and/or evaluation of the subject at hand? I thought it was hilarious watching so many on here whine and make ridiculous proclamations about how people are going to stay away in droves, the Chiefs games will be blacked out next year, KC will shun the organization, etc. It's absurd - KC is completely and utterly addicted to this organization, and this forum is a perfect example.

Thousands upon thousands of users visit a day, yet so many, including yourself, wear it as some badge of honor that they don't spend money on the team. Honestly, it's difficult for me to think of something more pathetic. Either embrace the team, along with their ups and downs, or drop the team and get on with your life.

As for your inability to comprehend the earlier point, I have created a very brief outline for you on the definition of the word "obsession" and how it relates to your present state. Hopefully it won't be too overwhelming:

Obession:
Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.Hmmm, let's see:

* You compulsively post on a message board about a subject you claim no loyalty toward, either financially or emotionally.

* You have the unreasonable notion that the Chiefs are going to wilt into oblivion due to a trade of Jared Allen.

Egads, I think we have a winner!

Have a nice night, Eazyb81. ;)

Same to you, Mr. Havelock. :)

Count Zarth
04-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Thousands upon thousands of users visit a day, yet so many, including yourself, wear it as some badge of honor that they don't spend money on the team. Honestly, it's difficult for me to think of something more pathetic. Either embrace the team, along with their ups and downs, or drop the team and get on with your life.

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Brock
04-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Just stop caring. You'll feel a lot better.

dirk digler
04-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Adept is right. If this team continues to suck and as long as Carl stays around people will stop going to the games.

I also believe people will continue to buy season tickets because they know Carl will be eventually gone but they will try to sell their tickets anywhere they can until that time comes.

This past season is the perfect example, people here couldn't give their tickets away. No one wants to support an inept organization run by a ignorant GM.

Sure-Oz
04-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Go Royals!

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Is this where you're seriously taking this argument now? Wow, I thought better of you before today, but it appears I was wrong. Why do you honestly think we are both in this heated discussion if I have a strong position and you apparently don't? Don't you think that is a bit ridiculous on your part, or do you just have a boring life and need something to occupy your time before the bingo parlor tonight?

Taking it now? I'm quite certain it's been my position all along. BTW, nice attempt at age smack. Keep trying.

As for why I'm still engaging in this conversation, it's because you insist on continually misrepresenting my position. :shrug:

You can sit here and blab all day about how others might do one thing or another, but what's the point of even typing the sentence if you're not willing to make a stand based on evidence and/or evaluation of the subject at hand? I thought it was hilarious watching so many on here whine and make ridiculous proclamations about how people are going to stay away in droves, the Chiefs games will be blacked out next year, KC will shun the organization, etc. It's absurd - KC is completely and utterly addicted to this organization, and this forum is a perfect example.
You may have seen others make that claim. I don't speak for them, only myself. Sorry if you have a problem with that.

Thanks, but I'll consider my desire to see the KC Chiefs put a successful product on the field since the early 60's, over two decades of holding season tickets (in the past), continuing to watch them on TV even when disgusted with the management, etc. to be embracing the team sufficient to my purposes. If you disagree, that's hardly my problem.

Furthermore, if you think the only way to truly "embrace" a team is by continuing to spend money on them regardless of their performance, I'll just say I disagree.

As for your inability to comprehend the earlier point, I have created a bery brief outline for you on the definition of the word "obsession" and how it relates to your present state. Hopefully it won't be too overwhelming:

Obession:
Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.Hmmm, let's see:
* You compulsively post on a message board about a subject you claim no loyalty toward, either financially or emotionally.

Again, a misrepresentation of my position. If I have no loyalty to the team, why have I been a fan since the early 60's? If I have no emotional attachment, why would I watch the games on TV?

I post here because 1) I am a fan of the team, and 2) I enjoy the community, especially the wide variety of non-Chiefs topics and humor that permeate the forum. Hardly an "obsession", though I have been posting more heavily in the last couple days as I've been laid up a bit.

* You have the unreasonable notion that the Chiefs are going to wilt into oblivion due to a trade of Jared Allen.
Now you're making up statements and attributing them to me? I shouldn't be surprised. It's a logical progression from misstating and misrepresenting my position. Really, I thought you were better than that. However, I'll try to remember to not attribute to malice what can be more easily explained by ignorance.

Truth be told, I don't think it's a harbinger of doom. It's just another in a long line of (IMO) bad decisions, reflecting poor leadership and validating my decision not to spend money until that leadership is changed.

Egads, I think we have a winner!

Indeed, though I doubt it's the chap who has misrepresented my position repeatedly through this thread.

However, if you want to claim to be the "winner", go right ahead. It's nowhere nearly as important to me as insuring my actual position is correctly represented, which is why this discussion has gone on so long.

Go Royals!

Yes indeed! :clap:

Rausch
04-17-2008, 07:09 PM
So far I'm not worried. Reminds me of the whole LJ deal.

We send out feelers and if we get a stupid-good offer from some dumbass FO we take it.

If we don't we've got a helluva' player with a chip on his shoulder...

Skip Towne
04-17-2008, 07:12 PM
So far I'm not worried. Reminds me of the whole LJ deal.

We send out feelers and if we get a stupid-good offer from some dumbass FO we take it.

If we don't we've got a helluva' player with a chip on his shoulder...

Yep except it is always us with the dumbass FO.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't really think that worked, LJ was crap last year.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't really think that worked, LJ was crap last year.

While the contract played a part, I think the abysmal interior O-Line play was a greater factor.

headsnap
04-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Just stop caring. You'll feel a lot better.
it's working for me...