PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Obmamessiah: Yeah, I went to Princeton and Harvard...

memyselfI
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
but who's counting??? ROFL

Forgive me, but I don't know many people who've gone to either let alone both. For her to act like she's just some regular public educated folk is pretty funny. She will be a treat as first lady and the CONS will make Hillary look like Mother Theresa compared to Ms. Obamessiah.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cwio7_L_hBQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cwio7_L_hBQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Donger
04-17-2008, 05:47 PM
One would think that someone who attended Harvard and Princeton wouldn't mangle the language so badly.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 05:48 PM
And this has what kind of bearing on what kind of president Obama might be?

Donger
04-17-2008, 05:49 PM

Who knows much much influence she would have on her husband? And, she's choosing to make the speeches, I assume.

She's fair game, IMO.

memyselfI
04-17-2008, 05:50 PM

She is going to be a handful. It should be interesting. She'll provide tons of fodder. I guess we'll see what, if any, impact her presence has on him as POTUS. She's had a great impact on his candidacy so I can't imagine she'll just go away once he's gets the job if he does..

GHU.

HolmeZz
04-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Can somebody ban CCW's thread-making privileges?

Donger
04-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Why?

Bowser
04-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Who knows much much influence she would have on her husband? And, she's choosing to make the speeches, I assume.

She's fair game, IMO.

Oh, I agree. She put the bullseye on her own head. I just can't believe she's going to be advisin baby daddy during meetings with the Joint Chiefs.

Donger
04-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Oh, I agree. She put the bullseye on her own head. I just can't believe she's going to be advisin baby daddy during meetings with the Joint Chiefs.

Why not?

On a conference call to prepare for a recent debate, Barack Obama brainstormed with his top advisers on the fine points of his positions. Michelle Obama had dialed in to listen, but finally couldn't stay silent any longer.

"Barack," she interjected, "Feel -- don't think!" Telling her husband his "over-thinking" during past debates had tripped him up with rival Hillary Clinton, she said: "Don't get caught in the weeds. Be visceral. Use your heart -- and your head."

The campaign veterans shut up. They knew that Mrs. Obama's opinion and advice mattered more to their candidate than anything they could say.

Bowser
04-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Why not?

On a conference call to prepare for a recent debate, Barack Obama brainstormed with his top advisers on the fine points of his positions. Michelle Obama had dialed in to listen, but finally couldn't stay silent any longer.

"Barack," she interjected, "Feel -- don't think!" Telling her husband his "over-thinking" during past debates had tripped him up with rival Hillary Clinton, she said: "Don't get caught in the weeds. Be visceral. Use your heart -- and your head."

The campaign veterans shut up. They knew that Mrs. Obama's opinion and advice mattered more to their candidate than anything they could say.

OK, that's troubling. Maybe he can get the White House chef to sprinkle in some valium in her morning eggs every day for the duration of his presidency. That, or tell her to get the f*ck off the phone. Hopefully both.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 06:00 PM

This sounds too extreme to me.

While I may disagree with how she publicly s*its herself, I will defend to the death her right to do it. :)

irishjayhawk
04-17-2008, 06:27 PM
One would think that someone who attended Harvard and Princeton wouldn't mangle the language so badly.

And yet our President the Yale grad can't handle language. Really it seems that anyone who attends Ivy League schools can't speak.

irishjayhawk
04-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Why not?

It seems to me there can be a very good reason to why she said that. Women tend to make decisions based on emotion. Therefore, telling Barack to "feel" rather than to "think" could be a way of saying "think like Hillary". Doesn't seem to be a stretch by any means.

go bowe
04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
One would think that someone who attended Harvard and Princeton wouldn't mangle the language so badly.it's an elective course called language mauling 101...

but i don't think the president actually took that course...

he was a natural when it comes to mangling the language...

in fact, nobody does it better...

jAZ
04-17-2008, 11:24 PM
This forum is cartoonish now. I can't wait until a general election.

irishjayhawk
04-17-2008, 11:26 PM

No. meme is cartoonish.

Guru
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM
And yet our President the Yale grad can't handle language. Really it seems that anyone who attends Ivy League schools can't speak.

Definitely can't argue with that one.:clap:

noa
04-17-2008, 11:37 PM
You really pick the most bizzare things to find a beef about meme.

All she was doing was anticipating the counter to her argument and cutting it off in advance.

Mrs. Obama: I'm not an elitist. I grew up in a working-class family on the South Side of Chicago.

Anti-Obama person: But you went to Princeton and Harvard.

Mrs. Obama: Yeah, but I didn't get there because of a family legacy or because I went to a nice suburban school with all the prep courses and resources you could dream of. I had to work hard to get into those schools. Does my attendance there mean that my upbringing is completely irrelevant?

So rather than her having to have a back and forth over this, she just tried to cut it off and say, some people will point to those schools, but those experiences don't mean I'm an elitist.

Additionally, isn't the American dream that a person, on his/her own merits, can advance through society via hard work and dedication? Are you trying to say that once she has worked hard and advanced on her own, she should relinquish any ability to discuss her prior experiences as part of a working-class family from the South Side of Chicago? It just seems like you are trying to punish her for accomplishing the very thing we want all of our children to accomplish.

Adept Havelock
04-18-2008, 12:14 AM
No. meme is cartoonish.

More specifically, Toot Braunstein-ish.

Logical
04-18-2008, 12:48 AM
She is going to be a handful. It should be interesting. She'll provide tons of fodder. I guess we'll see what, if any, impact her presence has on him as POTUS. She's had a great impact on his candidacy so I can't imagine she'll just go away once he's gets the job if he does..

GHU.
I guess the fact that she went to public school before Princeton and Harvard should just be ignored?

BucEyedPea
04-18-2008, 07:33 AM

That's what an "investment in public education looks like." ( her words)
She's not running for president though.

mikey23545
04-18-2008, 07:44 AM

Oh my Sweet Ironic Heaven!!!!!!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

mikey23545
04-18-2008, 07:46 AM

I see. The "Mrs. McCain is a drugged out, thief-slut, home-wrecker" threads were just fine, though, huh?

Radar Chief
04-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Now?

Radar Chief
04-18-2008, 07:47 AM
No. meme is cartoonish.

And we’re populating her topic with posts, so what does that make us?

BucEyedPea
04-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I see. The "Mrs. McCain is a drugged out, thief-slut, home-wrecker" threads were just fine, though, huh?

Well, to be fairminded that was in response to the first wave of attacks on Mrs. Obama. What goes around comes around.

NewChief
04-18-2008, 08:47 AM
it's an elective course called language mauling 101...

but i don't think the president actually took that course...

he was a natural when it comes to mangling the language...

in fact, nobody does it better...

I see you opted for "Ignoring Capitalization 101" instead, eh?

I think you probably paired it with a seminar titled "Exploring Emoticons."

Ultra Peanut
04-18-2008, 11:47 AM
SMART PEOPLLLLLLLLLLLE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"You didn't grow up in the hood, kid. You went to Duke."
"On a basketball scholarship."
"You went to Duke."

irishjayhawk
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
And we’re populating her topic with posts, so what does that make us?

Coloring artists?

Radar Chief
04-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Coloring artists?

Cartooning vs. cartoonish? :hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Seriously, Denise, try to keep up. The "Obama is a Messiah" meme is so two months ago.

SNR
04-18-2008, 12:01 PM
This forum is cartoonish now. I can't wait until a general election.Why? So you can start posting similar bullshit about McCain?

Christ, people. They're ALL politicians.

vailpass
04-18-2008, 12:16 PM

I'm curious to know if affirmative action played any part in her admission to college.
Did she get in on her own merits or did she help fill a quota?

Adept Havelock
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm curious to know if affirmative action played any part in her admission to college.
Did she get in on her own merits or did she help fill a quota?

It's possible. I'm pretty sure she didn't get in with a Legacy Admission just because Daddy went there. ;)

patteeu
04-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Seriously, Denise, try to keep up. The "Obama is a Messiah" meme is so two months ago.

Look for "Obama is Dukakis" coming soon, to theaters near you.

CHIEF4EVER
04-18-2008, 05:38 PM
"Barack," she interjected, "Feel -- don't think!"

OMG!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Garbrielle D'annunzio is related to Michelle Obama? ROFL

alanm
04-18-2008, 08:25 PM

She's fair game, IMO.One has to assume that since she's allowed to get up on stage with a microphone that everything she says is tacitly approved by Barry and his handlers.

alanm
04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Of course.