PDA

View Full Version : Total domination

AustinChief
08-12-2001, 11:19 PM
OK... the problem with the BBS had NOTHING To do with the game... or traffic... it was entirely my stupidity...

It was a PURE coincidence that it happened during the game. I installed the db on the new server into a partition and didn't check the size.... it ran out of space DURING THE GAME....

So I've moved the db to a MUCH bigger partition and will keep an eye on it from now on...

ROOKIE MISTAKE on my part... I shoulda checked it earlier.

Owell... it's preseason for us too!

---Kyle

btw...traffic was NOT an issue...Dave Lane's server KICKS BUTT!

Fat Elvis
08-12-2001, 11:21 PM
Glad to hear that the error is easily overcome....

I think a few of us had a coronary when the board went down....

California Injun
08-12-2001, 11:24 PM
Austin,

Don't take it too hard.

I was reduced to nfl.com/scores that ONLY showed the scoring accounts every 5 minutes.

I started a thread for other BB users to give me an account as I was stuck at work.

Having the board crash during this time had no bearing on my abilities to live vicariously through others tonight.

ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

:D

AustinChief
08-12-2001, 11:27 PM
I missed almost the entire 2nd quarter and 2nd half .. did I miss anything good... I was working on moving the db....

--Kyle

btw... the traffic during the game was about the same as it is now... so if anyone reads this...try posting and we'll see how much of a load we can put on the server...

AustinChief
08-12-2001, 11:30 PM
test post.... everything looks smooth now... darn ...owell NEXT week should be a REAL test (do I sound like Gunther yet)

--Kyle

keg in kc
08-12-2001, 11:31 PM
EEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

EEDIOT!

:p

s'okay, better to figure it out now than during the "real" season.

SHTitan
08-12-2001, 11:32 PM
Argh! I try to come to the board to talk about how much the Chiefs kicked *** tonight and the board was down. Ah well, no biggie.

AustinChief
08-12-2001, 11:32 PM
I think it all boils down to my STUPID name...;)

--Kyle

Fat Elvis
08-12-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by AustinChief
test post.... everything looks smooth now... darn ...owell NEXT week should be a REAL test (do I sound like Gunther yet)

--Kyle

No Kyle, to get the real Gunther tone you need to congratulate yourself on how well you fixed the problem after only 2 hours of sleep per night the past 40 years...

remember these two words:

"I"

"Me"

keg in kc
08-13-2001, 12:27 AM
Other Kyle, I'm still getting the error message every few minutes. Nothing serious and a refresh fixes it, but just thought that you should know...

AustinChief
08-13-2001, 12:29 AM
yeah... that's from some "zombie" processes... I will restart it tomorrow and that will fix it...

--Kyle

Frazod
08-13-2001, 12:30 AM
We'll forgive you..... THIS TIME :mad:

Just kidding. After all you've done to make this place as great as it is, the occasional hiccup is certainly forgivable. YOU DA MAN!

Hydrae
08-13-2001, 12:31 AM
I agree, I am also getting the error occassionaly as I scroll through posts. I just hit back on the browser and then hit the link again and it goes through ok. Quick question, are you just using a single db server? Here at work we use 2 so that we have a fail-over. I just wondered if one of the 2 could be down if you have such a set-up.