View Full Version : Total domination

08-12-2001, 10:19 PM
OK... the problem with the BBS had NOTHING To do with the game... or traffic... it was entirely my stupidity...

It was a PURE coincidence that it happened during the game. I installed the db on the new server into a partition and didn't check the size.... it ran out of space DURING THE GAME....

So I've moved the db to a MUCH bigger partition and will keep an eye on it from now on...

ROOKIE MISTAKE on my part... I shoulda checked it earlier.

Owell... it's preseason for us too!

btw...traffic was NOT an issue...Dave Lane's server KICKS BUTT!

Fat Elvis
08-12-2001, 10:21 PM
Glad to hear that the error is easily overcome....

I think a few of us had a coronary when the board went down....

California Injun
08-12-2001, 10:24 PM

Don't take it too hard.

I was reduced to nfl.com/scores that ONLY showed the scoring accounts every 5 minutes.

I started a thread for other BB users to give me an account as I was stuck at work.

Having the board crash during this time had no bearing on my abilities to live vicariously through others tonight.

08-12-2001, 10:27 PM
I missed almost the entire 2nd quarter and 2nd half .. did I miss anything good... I was working on moving the db....

btw... the traffic during the game was about the same as it is now... so if anyone reads this...try posting and we'll see how much of a load we can put on the server...

08-12-2001, 10:30 PM
test post.... everything looks smooth now... darn ...owell NEXT week should be a REAL test (do I sound like Gunther yet)

keg in kc
08-12-2001, 10:31 PM

s'okay, better to figure it out now than during the "real" season.

08-12-2001, 10:32 PM
Argh! I try to come to the board to talk about how much the Chiefs kicked *** tonight and the board was down. Ah well, no biggie.

08-12-2001, 10:32 PM
I think it all boils down to my STUPID name...;)

Fat Elvis
08-12-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by AustinChief
test post.... everything looks smooth now... darn ...owell NEXT week should be a REAL test (do I sound like Gunther yet)

No Kyle, to get the real Gunther tone you need to congratulate yourself on how well you fixed the problem after only 2 hours of sleep per night the past 40 years...

remember these two words:

keg in kc
08-12-2001, 11:27 PM
Other Kyle, I'm still getting the error message every few minutes. Nothing serious and a refresh fixes it, but just thought that you should know...

08-12-2001, 11:29 PM
yeah... that's from some "zombie" processes... I will restart it tomorrow and that will fix it...

08-12-2001, 11:30 PM
We'll forgive you..... THIS TIME :mad:

Just kidding. After all you've done to make this place as great as it is, the occasional hiccup is certainly forgivable. YOU DA MAN!

08-12-2001, 11:31 PM
I agree, I am also getting the error occassionaly as I scroll through posts. I just hit back on the browser and then hit the link again and it goes through ok. Quick question, are you just using a single db server? Here at work we use 2 so that we have a fail-over. I just wondered if one of the 2 could be down if you have such a set-up.