PDA

View Full Version : Boston College vs Virginia Tech replay on ESPNU...

Coogs
04-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Starts in about 20 minutes at 9:00 PM Central Time.

This is the game where Rayn lead them to two late TD's and a narrow win in a low scoring game. Since VT has a few players on that defense that could go in the draft... possibly even to us... maybe the offensive output by Ryan wasn't as bad as reported here several times.

I know I was very impressed with VT's defense vs the Jayhawks in the Orange Bowl.

Cherilus and Flowers could be a couple of others to watch here as well.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Watching the replay, and my opinion still stands he is solid, but not Top 5 material

eazyb81
04-17-2008, 09:56 PM
This game isn't going to change the opinion of his detractors. He was pretty bad in this one until the last few minutes. However, the weather was horrendous, it was pouring the whole game.

I prefer his game against Clemson.

Mecca
04-17-2008, 09:57 PM
The one thing about Ryan in that game is inspite of the bad weather and his bad performance he shook it off and won the game at the end.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Yep, he's a top 10-15 pick which isn't bad, but like I said before he'll need to be in the right situation to succeed in the NFL

Mr. Arrowhead
04-17-2008, 10:16 PM
That last throw for the winning TD, was just incredible!

DaKCMan AP
04-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Since VT has a few players on that defense that could go in the draft... possibly even to us... maybe the offensive output by Ryan wasn't as bad as reported here several times.

That's stupid logic. You want a guy who performs well against quality competition. To Ryan's credit, he made it happen in the last 2 drives.

Coogs
04-18-2008, 07:28 AM
That's stupid logic. You want a guy who performs well against quality competition. To Ryan's credit, he made it happen in the last 2 drives.

OK, Ryan was under constant pressure... just like Reesing was. The weather was totally crappy. Rain and wind. He had no rushing game. And he could have been a bit sick as well. He was throwing up at the end of the game.

I thought over all he looked pretty damn good. Couple of poor decisions, but VT's D-line was abusing BC O-line. (Cherilus did a nice job. Got beat once for a sack, but the D-end for VT was pretty good).

DaKCMan AP
04-18-2008, 08:40 AM
The weather was totally crappy. Rain and wind. He had no rushing game. And he could have been a bit sick as well. He was throwing up at the end of the game.

What are your excuses for how he played against NC State, FSU and VT the second time?

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2008, 08:44 AM
What are your excuses for how he played against NC State, FSU and VT the second time?

They guy's solid, but he isn't in the same class as Peyton Manning like these guys are trying to sell

DaKCMan AP
04-18-2008, 08:47 AM
They guy's solid, but he isn't in the same class as Peyton Manning like these guys are trying to sell

I don't even think the guy is in the same class as Ben Roethlisberger, and I'm not a big 'Big Ben' fan.

Chiefnj2
04-18-2008, 08:48 AM
That last touchdown was a result of horrible defense. I give Ryan credit for scrambling and getting the ball off across field, but those DB's should have been within 10 yards of an open receiver.

eazyb81
04-18-2008, 08:50 AM

Who is?

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Who is?

weren't you blabbering on about the comparisons between him and Brady/Peyton Manning?

If a "franchise Quarterback is there......"

eazyb81
04-18-2008, 08:54 AM
weren't you blabbering on about the comparisons between him and Brady/Peyton Manning?

:doh!:

The comparison were to Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, and Big Ben, and I didn't make them - experts did.

But you're the real expert, remember you knew Marc Bulger would be awesome.

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2008, 08:55 AM
:

But you're the real expert, remember you knew Marc Bulger would be awesome.

Yep, you are correct

Coogs
04-18-2008, 10:05 AM

:shrug: Haven't seen the games. And I thought he played pretty well all things considered in what I saw last night.

Coogs
04-18-2008, 10:07 AM
That last touchdown was a result of horrible defense. I give Ryan credit for scrambling and getting the ball off across field, but those DB's should have been within 10 yards of an open receiver.

32 caught the TD. He was a back blocking on the initial drop back for a pass. And he leaked out of the backfield late on the scramble to the left down the right sideline. And yes he should have been covered, but maybe his "man" left him because of the blocking thing and didn't pick him up until too late.