PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jared Allen trade rumors are burning up ESPN

BigRock
04-18-2008, 02:36 PM
ESPN just finished a live hour of NFL programming, with a draft special called "On the Clock" and the regular 3:00pm episode of NFL Live. How many times did they mention Jared Allen during that span?

Once. In the final 10 seconds. After they spent the hour talking about several draft-related trade stories like Shockey trying to get out of NY and Chad Johnson trying to get out of Cinci.

I kinda get the impression that they don't think there's a lot to this story.

nychief
04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
They don't think there is a lot of interest in KC Chiefs football right now... and they are right.

Bowser
04-18-2008, 02:38 PM
"And there is talks of a trade out in the flyover states, we'll let you..."

Cut to commercial

eazyb81
04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
They covered it all day yesterday, and there's really no new information today.

JBucc
04-18-2008, 02:50 PM
I noticed this as well. A bunch of whiners who won't get traded and just want a new contract get all the talk, while the guy who is actually going to be traded gets 10 seconds the entire day.

Count Zarth
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
They covered it all day yesterday, and there's really no new information today.

I know of some new information. :D

BigRock
04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I noticed this as well. A bunch of whiners who won't get traded and just want a new contract get all the talk, while the guy who is actually going to be traded gets 10 seconds the entire day.
I did a poor job of explaining my point.

I don't think ESPN thinks he's going to be traded. They completely downplayed the story on their web site, saying "Allen is visting other teams even though he has no assurances that the Chiefs would even consider trading him". That story has now fallen off their NFL headlines list and hasn't been replaced with anything new.

And aside from the brief segment they had with Michael Smith talking about it last night, they haven't covered the story on TV at all.

They're acting like the whole thing is a non-starter.

xbarretx
04-18-2008, 02:59 PM

Goatse your relentless pimping of WPI never ceases to dissapoint :)

he wont be traded... this is just Carls way of leveraging the contract neg's. he'll say look no one wanted to offer 2 first rounders and they will come to an agreement. OR.... we'll get two first rounders and the sun will rise tomorrow regardless.

King_Chief_Fan
04-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I did a poor job of explaining my point.

I don't think ESPN thinks he's going to be traded. They completely downplayed the story on their web site, saying "Allen is visting other teams even though he has no assurances that the Chiefs would even consider trading him". That story has now fallen off their NFL headlines list and hasn't been replaced with anything new.

And aside from the brief segment they had with Michael Smith talking about it last night, they haven't covered the story on TV at all.

They're acting like the whole thing is a non-starter.

But, what really is there to say? Until Vikes or Bucs or Chiefs sign him, there is no additional news.

BigRock
04-18-2008, 03:03 PM
But, what really is there to say? Until Vikes or Bucs or Chiefs sign him, there is no additional news.
There is news. Allen is visting the Vikings. Carl commented that the Chiefs have talked to some teams. There's speculation about the draft compensation. These are all things that can be gone over ad nausium. Especially for people that have no trouble spending 10 minutes talking about nothing, like a trade to get Chad Johnson out of Cinci that's never going to happen.

Skip Towne
04-18-2008, 03:06 PM

:rolleyes:

Warrior5
04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
he wont be traded... this is just Carls way of leveraging the contract neg's. he'll say look no one wanted to offer 2 first rounders and they will come to an agreement. OR.... we'll get two first rounders and the sun will rise tomorrow regardless.

I won't be surprised if JA gets re-signed by the Chiefs.

xbarretx
04-18-2008, 03:16 PM

:toast: then we shall drink to that!

Mecca
04-18-2008, 03:31 PM

If they give him the biggest contract a defensive player has ever gotten that will be nothing to drink to.

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
I may be wrong in the end, but I think there might be a lot of wishful thinking going on in this thread.

MIAdragon
04-18-2008, 03:49 PM

no you dont.

Adept Havelock
04-18-2008, 03:59 PM

Nobody gives a damn what brand of lube you and Nick switched to.

Extra Point
04-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Getting two unknown, huge-salary-demanding future first rounders in exchange for Allen won't bode well for the Chiefs' bank account. This talk is just that. Allen will be a Chief for life. Besides, doesn't he have a bar to run?

Frankie
04-18-2008, 04:26 PM

Don't invite JA.

Fruit Ninja
04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
If they give him the biggest contract a defensive player has ever gotten that will be nothing to drink to.

For him and his family there will be a good reason.

PhillyChiefFan
04-18-2008, 05:00 PM

Warrior5 for GM!!!

xbarretx
04-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Don't invite JA.

REP! LMAO

xbarretx
04-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Mecca you should know by now that im a tightwad. i agree, freeney money = F NO :shake: somewhere in the middle and id be happy. if we break the bank thats just one less reason to skip a season or two of chiefs football. make no mistake i love my Chiefs but....come on, JA isnt a football jesus and hes not going to "reach out and touch faith" for KC.

Warrior5
04-18-2008, 06:40 PM
R&G = Red & Gold

xbarretx
04-18-2008, 06:55 PM
R&G = Red & Gold

thanks man :thumb:

Warrior5
04-18-2008, 06:59 PM
thanks man :thumb:

afwan, bitte, no problemo, my pleasure, anytime, don't mention it, glad I could help, you're welcome.