PDA

View Full Version : The Forbidden Kingdom!

Halfcan
04-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Jet and Jackie in the same movie-I must be dreaming. :)

I have seen every Jet Li movie since Lethal Weapon on Opening Night-and this could be the best of all of them.

Who else is going??

jjchieffan
04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Not me. Jet Li is good, but Jackie Chan is a baffoon. The Shanghai movies with that moron Owen Wilson were just awful. If I see Jackie Chan in the credits, I pass it by faster than lifetime channel on my tv.

Halfcan
04-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Not me. Jet Li is good, but Jackie Chan is a baffoon. The Shanghai movies with that moron Owen Wilson were just awful. If I see Jackie Chan in the credits, I pass it by faster than lifetime channel on my tv.

those movies were comedies-check out his stunts and earlier movies.

News from the set stated Jackie has faster hands, but Li has the fastest kicks ever recorded.

Adept Havelock
04-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Looks like fun. I'll probably catch it over the weekend.

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 05:29 PM
I think I'm more likely to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Halfcan
04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I think I'm more likely to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

don't forget a tampon

Deberg_1990
04-18-2008, 05:55 PM
So do Jackie and Jet fight?? That sounds sweet!

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 05:55 PM
don't forget a tamponIf Mila Kunis or Kristen Bell needed one, it would not stop me for a moment.

Halfcan
04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
So do Jackie and Jet fight?? That sounds sweet!

I think they are keeping that part a little hush hush so it won't seem like the stars hate each other or something.

Delano
04-18-2008, 08:24 PM
If Mila Kunis or Kristen Bell needed one, it would not stop me for a moment.

The only nudity in the movie is copious amounts of swinging meat and bared man-ass.

Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis don't make it past the bikini stage, but they are both so fine it makes up for the manudity.

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
The only nudity in the movie is copious amounts of swinging meat and bared man-ass.

Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis don't make it past the bikini stage, but they are both so fine it makes up for the manudity.Yeah, I'd head about the phallic assault. That's the reason I may not see it until DVD. I'm not big on big screen penis (or small screen for that matter, lest my words be used against me).

Delano
04-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I'd head about the phallic assault. That's the reason I may not see it until DVD. I'm not big on big screen penis (or small screen for that matter, lest my words be used against me).

dude... are you sure? :)

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 08:34 PM
dude... are you sure?I don't think typos are a result of the gay, but who knows. I have been single for a goodly while now.

Delano
04-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Yessir, them's is fine.

chiefmanwillgetyou bitched... so I'll take the picture down.

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd like to be the smoked turkey in that sandwich.

Molitoth
04-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Mila Kunis is *droooooooooooooooool...

Bowser
04-18-2008, 09:01 PM
DAMN, JACKIE!!

KcMizzou
04-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Mila Kunis is *droooooooooooooooool...Amen. I'm a fan.

Of both, actually.

KcMizzou
04-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm ahem... "stoked" about the new Harold and Kumar movie.

Mr. Christopher
04-18-2008, 10:17 PM

Definately! That movie looks hilarious. If it's half as good as the first one it will be worth spending my hard earned money on.

Deberg_1990
04-18-2008, 10:29 PM

Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis don't make it past the bikini stage, but they are both so fine it makes up for the manudity.

BTW, whats with the recent trend in movies with Schlubs and dweebs landing hot babes??

Surely this doesnt happen as often in the real world as in the movies??

Delano
04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
BTW, whats with the recent trend in movies with Schlubs and dweebs landing hot babes??

It's kind of the theme of Apatow movies.

Getting lame IMO.

QuikSsurfer
04-19-2008, 11:05 AM
So is it worth catching on the big screen?

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM

It's kind of the theme of Apatow movies.

Getting lame IMO.

Where's the comedy in a super hot guy dating a super hot girl? Not much of one.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was not as good as Knocked Up movie wise; but the jokes were on par. It was hilarious. And Kunis and Bell were extraordinarily hot. Also, unless it was a fake picture, Kunis does show her Ts on screen, just in picture form. What's also funny is everyone's reaction, so far, to the penis shot, especially on this forum.

Delano
04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Where's the comedy in a super hot guy dating a super hot girl? Not much of one.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was not as good as Knocked Up movie wise; but the jokes were on par. It was hilarious. And Kunis and Bell were extraordinarily hot. Also, unless it was a fake picture, Kunis does show her Ts on screen, just in picture form. What's also funny is everyone's reaction, so far, to the penis shot, especially on this forum.

Yeah, it's a funny formula for a while. IMO The ugly, awkward dude getting the supermodel is not enough for a laugh anymore. I do admit that most of the Apatow type movies have great comedy, but the relationship isn't funny to me.

What are you expecting the response to be? The same as the Pediatrician's?

Tribal Warfare
04-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Personally, I thought it was better than Knocked Up since it didn't try to take it too seriously at the end. Segel did a damn fine job, it was a very pleasant surprise

Tribal Warfare
04-19-2008, 02:23 PM
So is it worth catching on the big screen?

Yes very much so

Tribal Warfare
04-19-2008, 02:25 PM

Damn right, I was like Harold and F*CKING Kumar dude!!!!!!!!!!

Then the Incredible Hulk trailer was next :rockon:

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Personally, I thought it was better than Knocked Up since it didn't try to take it too seriously at the end. Segel did a damn fine job, it was a very pleasant surprise

I didn't think it was as good as Knocked up because it had more slow, awkwardly paced scenes. The humor was probably tied, if not better.

Tribal Warfare
04-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I didn't think it was as good as Knocked up because it had more slow, awkwardly paced scenes.

I didn't notice unlike Knocked Up when they went from raunchy humor to a serious tone in a blink of an eye. I hate when they do that, and the perfect template for this type of movie is Something about Mary. really lighthearted, with very very slight serious overtones to it

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't notice unlike Knocked Up when they went from raunchy humor to a serious tone in a blink of an eye. I hate when they do that, and the perfect template for this type of movie is Something about Mary. really lighthearted, with very very slight serious overtones to it

I did notice the blink of an eye transition but I also noticed in here that when they went serious, they stayed serious for longer than Knocked Up.

Halfcan
04-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I will Give Forbidden Kingdom-4 out of 6 beers.

Great fight scenes but silly plot. Kind of like Karate Kid meets Lord of the Rings.

Jackie has not lost a step-just as fast as he ever was. Jet shows once again why he was a World Champ. I would love to see them in another movie, but I think this was probably it.

If you like Martial Arts-it is a Must See!

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Yessir, them's is fine.

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/thumbnails/kristen-bell-sarah-marshall-4108-3.jpg

No 69 then don't bother.

Chieficus
04-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I will Give Forbidden Kingdom-4 out of 6 beers.

Great fight scenes but silly plot. Kind of like Karate Kid meets Lord of the Rings.

Jackie has not lost a step-just as fast as he ever was. Jet shows once again why he was a World Champ. I would love to see them in another movie, but I think this was probably it.

If you like Martial Arts-it is a Must See!

I just got back from seeing it and that is basically what I thought as well. If someone's looking for a serious film with an emotional plot or something like that, they'll hate it... but if someone is just looking for a fun film with a whole lot of kicking and punching (and a bronx gang that looks and sounds like it belongs in an 80's era Michael Jackson video) then its worth the price...

Adept Havelock
04-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I just got back from seeing it and that is basically what I thought as well. If someone's looking for a serious film with an emotional plot or something like that, they'll hate it... but if someone is just looking for a fun film with a whole lot of kicking and punching (and a bronx gang that looks and sounds like it belongs in an 80's era Michael Jackson video) then its worth the price...

Yeah, it was fun, but I thought the kid said he was from Boston around the time he brought up the Green Monster while cloud watching with Golden Sparrow.

Chieficus
04-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah, it was fun, but I thought the kid said he was from Boston around the time he brought up the Green Monster while cloud watching with Golden Sparrow.

Yeah, Fenway Park... I'd say you're right...

My mistake...

irishjayhawk
04-22-2008, 12:31 AM
I saw it again tonight and have to correct my position. It's better than Knocked Up.

Superbad > 40Y > FSM > Knocked Up

J Diddy
04-22-2008, 12:36 AM
I saw it again tonight and have to correct my position. It's better than Knocked Up.

Superbad > 40Y > FSM > Knocked Up

fsm?

irishjayhawk
04-22-2008, 12:44 AM
fsm?

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

J Diddy
04-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

haven't seen that but I will say that knocked up is better than superbad

irishjayhawk
04-22-2008, 12:49 AM
haven't seen that but I will say that knocked up is better than superbad

Gotta disagree. And I'll quote a critic:

It's the story of the worst that can go wrong in one night from a teenager's perspective, with an adult melancholy that nothing was ever meant to go right.

EDIT: and to be fair, in my > line I think Superbad and 40Y are really close but if pushed Superbad was better.

J Diddy
04-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Gotta disagree. And I'll quote a critic:

EDIT: and to be fair, in my > line I think Superbad and 40Y are really close but if pushed Superbad was better.
fair enough and you have a right to disagree of course

but i would like to point out you're irish and probably drunk

irishjayhawk
04-22-2008, 12:53 AM
fair enough and you have a right to disagree of course

but i would like to point out you're irish and probably drunk

I wish. :cuss:

J Diddy
04-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Hope you get a :BLVD:I wish. :cuss: