PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Poz: Peterson leaves bad taste in Allen's mouth

BigRedChief
04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/180/story/582529.html

Jared Allen was stuffing his clothes in these special packing boxes — stuffing in so many clothes that every so often you could hear plastic cracking — and he was trying to come up with a sensitive way to say that he would love to get away from the Chiefs.

“I love this town,” he was saying. “The people here are great. The fans are the best. But … I’m excited about going somewhere new. I’m looking at this as a new challenge. I mean, it would be really cool to go play somewhere else, like a new adventure.”

This was in December, just before the Chiefs’ season ended, and no matter how many different ways I asked the question, Jared kept giving the same general answer: He was ready to get out. He felt as if the Chiefs — and especially Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson — had slighted him by not offering a long-term contract and (in his mind) publicly embarrassed him by suggesting that he was too risky a bet after he was caught driving under the influence twice in 2006.

“I made mistakes,” he said. “But I paid for those mistakes. I’ve given everything I have for this team. I didn’t hold out like Larry (Johnson). I didn’t demand to renegotiate. I’m a big believer in loyalty. But the Chiefs …”
He stopped. He didn’t want to turn the talk into a complaint session, and he didn’t want to rip the Chiefs. But he was not backing off either. He wanted out.

For a while, the Chiefs seemed determined to ignore that. Peterson made his now famous, “We will not lose Jared Allen,” statement. Well, here we are, four months later, and it looks as if Allen might get out after all. The Chiefs and Peterson admit they’re listening to offers.

This was a long time coming. The Chiefs and Peterson backed themselves into a corner a year ago. Allen was still a young, talented and inconsistent defensive end who’d never made a Pro Bowl and who had some off-the-field trouble. He also seemed genuinely apologetic about it, and he worked very hard, and the Chiefs might have signed him at a pretty reasonable rate. Peterson decided it wasn’t the right time.

Then everything changed. Allen quit drinking, he focused, he changed his diet, and he became a monster. He led the NFL in sacks despite missing the first two games because of a suspension. He scored a couple of touchdowns as a goal-line receiver. He continued to be outspoken and utterly intolerant of losing. In other words, at 26 he became precisely the kind of defensive player that every team in the NFL would like to build around.

Only, he has not forgiven. He will not forget. The Chiefs may have had their sound reasons for being cautious, but they broke something in Jared Allen.

“I’ll never be able to think of this organization the same way,” he said.
And now, the Chiefs are stuck. They can keep Allen here — they have that option. They slammed the franchise tag on Allen, which is sort of a set of golden handcuffs. It means the Chiefs can force him to stay by paying him $8.9 million next year or by matching whatever contract is offered by another team. But nobody would be especially happy with that.
Allen, while he’d no doubt be happy with the money, would still be playing for a team that he thinks disrespected him. And Chiefs coach Herm Edwards would be stuck with a star player who everyone knows wants out. It’s not a great situation for a young Chiefs team trying to rebuild or a young player trying to become a superstar.

The other option — and the one that looks more and more likely now — is that the Chiefs will trade Allen. This too has its downside for the Chiefs. In a perfect world, nobody wants to trade a 26-year-old defensive end who led the NFL in sacks and is a star on a team decidedly lacking in stars.
But this is nothing close to a perfect world. And from this angle it appears the Chiefs don’t have much of a choice. Obviously, they cannot make a big bad deal — if they can’t get two high draft picks, they must hold on to Allen and make the best of things.

But if Minnesota or Tampa Bay is willing to trade two high draft picks for Allen, the Chiefs have to grab that. Let’s be blunt: The Chiefs are a bad football team. They went 4-12 last year. They need three new starting offensive linemen, a second receiver, a quarterback to compete with Brodie Croyle, at least one cornerback (and probably two), another running back, a kick returner, more help on the defensive line — I mean, just about the only the thing Chiefs don’t need is a punter. And if the offense doesn’t get better, they will wear out Dustin Colquitt, too.
With so many needs and with Herm Edwards’ philosophy of going with young players, draft choices are like gold. The Chiefs could really use another first-round pick (the Chiefs are in a weird place with their No. 5 overall pick — more on this Sunday). Truth is that inside One Arrowhead, there are some people salivating over those extra picks.

That said, the Chiefs obviously would rather not trade Allen. It is something they could regret for years. But they really made this choice a year ago, when Peterson called Allen a “young man at risk.” There may have been some truth in those words, but Jared Allen got mad and promised himself then that as soon as he could get away from the Chiefs, he would. When he was packing his clothes months ago, I asked Allen how long he thought he would be gone from Kansas City. He said, “Maybe forever.”

Der Flöprer
04-18-2008, 10:57 PM
As sad as I am that he could very well be leaving, this article makes him sound like a crybaby bitch IMO.

Deberg_1990
04-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Whatever Jared. Grow the F*ck up.

BigRock
04-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Peterson leaves bad taste in Allen's mouth
That's a little more about their negotiations than I cared to know. TMI, Joe.

unothadeal
04-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Solution = Fire Carl

kcchiefsus
04-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I hope Carl Peterson drives off a cliff. ****ing bastard.

Guru
04-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Exactly what I thought when I read that. LMAO

KcMizzou
04-18-2008, 11:07 PM
But they really made this choice a year ago, when Peterson called Allen a “young man at risk.” There may have been some truth in those words, but Jared Allen got mad and promised himself then that as soon as he could get away from the Chiefs, he would. When he was packing his clothes months ago, I asked Allen how long he thought he would be gone from Kansas City. He said, “Maybe forever.”And that right there, is why you have to do it now, and get as much as you can for him. If you don't, in a year year or two he leaves anyway, and you get nothing.

BIG K
04-18-2008, 11:10 PM

That was exactly my thought when I read the title!ROFL

KcMizzou
04-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Whatever Jared. Grow the F*ck up.I've said it before, but the guy's perpetually stuck in 8th grade. (The T-shirt tux? "Wine 'em Dine 'em 69 'em? C'mon dude... seriously.)

I love him as a player... and as a character... he's entertaining. But he's not exactly mature or responsible. If he's taken all of this personally and is determined to get out... trade him and get what you can. He'll never be worth more than he is worth right now.

stevieray
04-18-2008, 11:14 PM
The only corner the Chiefs backed JA into was one of responsibility. If anything, being held accountable was the motivation to prove everyone wrong. Not only did they give this guy a chance in the NFL, they helped turn him into one of the best DE's in the league...

...and is Jared humble? nope..he wants to take the credit and and the money and run.

...and he talks about loyalty?

:rolleyes:

SBK
04-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't see anyway after reading this that KC would be smart to keep him around.

DeezNutz
04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I asked Allen how long he thought he would be gone from Kansas City. He said, “Maybe forever.”

Well then make sure you close that new bar and grill because I wouldn't want any KC money to continue to disrespect you. Sorry bud, you are a player at risk. This is a fact, not an insult.

Brock
04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
"yeah...the people here are great....but f*ck 'em."

BIG K
04-18-2008, 11:22 PM
And that right there, is why you have to do it now, and get as much as you can for him. If you don't, in a year year or two he leaves anyway, and you get nothing.

I will say it again. As much as I like Allen, his services here really won't matter for a year or two; Even with his ferocity, the Chiefs still only won four games, it's not like they will be knocking on the playoff doors anytime soon. by then, who knows what caliber of player Allen will be.

He does not want to be here. Let him go and get as much as we can for him. If he was demanding a long term contract and wanted to stay, my position would be different.

siberian khatru
04-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Then everything changed. Allen quit drinking, he focused, he changed his diet, and he became a monster.

Yeah, and he opened a ****ing bar.

Look, I hate Carl as much as the next guy, but c'mon ...

DeezNutz
04-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, and he opened a ****ing bar.

Look, I hate Carl as much as the next guy, but c'mon ...

Dude, he doesn't drink at his bar. Who ****s with their own stash? :D

KcMizzou
04-18-2008, 11:31 PM
I don't see anyway after reading this that KC would be smart to keep him around.That's the thing. We (fans) all love the guy, and for good reason. We also tend to assume Herm and Carl are morons... but there had to be a reason for this.

You don't look to deal one of your (only) young stars without a good reason, when you're trying to rebuild. Carl sure didn't sound very happy about the situation on the radio today.

Allen's pissed off because he was called an "at risk" player? Honestly? Jarred... I'm sorry man... but that was true. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings, but facts are facts.

Hoover
04-18-2008, 11:45 PM
**** that guy. I mean really. Football is a business and it was wise for the team not to give him a contract while knowing he was going to start the season with a 4 game suspension. Sure hindsight is 20/20, but he he doesn't want to be here, fine get the **** out.

KCChiefsFan88
04-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Call Allen whatever you want, but he is going to get the last laugh here. He is going to a team whether it is Tampa, Jacksonville or Minnesota that will be a playoff contender while the Chiefs under Dictator Carl and Herm will be fighting hard to avoid 0-16.

DaneMcCloud
04-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Call Allen whatever you want, but he is going to get the last laugh here. He is going to a team whether it is Tampa, Jacksonville or Minnesota that will be a playoff contender while the Chiefs under Dictator Carl and Herm will be fighting hard to avoid 0-16.

You always provide so much insight :rolleyes:

Seriously, why are you even a fan? Why bother posting?

Mojo Rising
04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
If they pay him more than Freeney, which he deserves in the current market, he will be very happy. Just pay him and focus on the draft with the picks we already have.

SBK
04-19-2008, 12:08 AM
If they pay him more than Freeney, which he deserves in the current market, he will be very happy. Just pay him and focus on the draft with the picks we already have.

It's easy to write checks when the money doesn't come from your account.

Adept Havelock
04-19-2008, 12:26 AM

Almost as easy as it is to be stingy with it. ;)

Deberg_1990
04-19-2008, 12:33 AM
I've said it before, but the guy's perpetually stuck in 8th grade. (The T-shirt tux? "Wine 'em Dine 'em 69 'em? C'mon dude... seriously.)

I love him as a player... and as a character... he's entertaining. But he's not exactly mature or responsible. If he's taken all of this personally and is determined to get out... trade him and get what you can. He'll never be worth more than he is worth right now.

I couldnt have said it better myself. Thank You.

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 12:36 AM
He hates the FO, he does not hate the City or the Team. Shit is a business, he has the right to feel they are treating him unfairly. He has worked his ass off to get in a position like this. Hell, when Kobe said he wanted out of LA because of the FO, i didnt start saying. ooh, i hate the guy, it had nothing to do with the City of L.A or the Lakers players (well, some of the Lakers players, gotta admit they were bad). Hell, Lakers number 1 seed in the Western Conference 8 months later. Kobe isnt going anywhere.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2008, 12:38 AM
He hates the FO, he does not hate the City or the Team. Shit is a business, he has the right to feel they are treating him unfairly. He has worked his ass off to get in a position like this. Hell, when Kobe said he wanted out of LA because of the FO, i didnt start saying. ooh, i hate the guy, it had nothing to do with the City of L.A or the Lakers players (well, some of the Lakers players, gotta admit they were bad). Hell, Lakers number 1 seed in the Western Conference 8 months later. Kobe isnt going anywhere.

Kobe is the best damn player in the NBA, if JA was the best player in all of the NFL it would be a little different situation.

SBK
04-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Almost as easy as it is to be stingy with it. ;)

To people without a brain it probably sounds stingy. :D

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Kobe is the best damn player in the NBA, if JA was the best player in all of the NFL it would be a little different situation.

The point still stands that it wasnt against the City of Kansas City or the fans.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 12:41 AM

first of all no

Kobe isn't the best player in the nba

second shouldn't matter
business is business no matter who's screaming they want out

Deberg_1990
04-19-2008, 12:43 AM
The point still stands that it wasnt against the City of Kansas City or the fans.

True...

Jarad is such a dumbass. He feels slighted, but he did this sh*t all by himself.

Any team in the NFL would have done the exact same things as the Chiefs have to this point.

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 12:48 AM
first of all no

Kobe isn't the best player in the nba

second shouldn't matter
business is business no matter who's screaming they want outPlease dont say Lebron is. Kobe plays awesome offense that we all know and lock down Defense. Name another 2 way player?

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 12:50 AM
True...

Jarad is such a dumbass. He feels slighted, but he did this sh*t all by himself.

Any team in the NFL would have done the exact same things as the Chiefs have to this point.

He is a dumbass i wont EVER defend it. He put himself in the situation, but he feels that he has turned over a new leaf i guess and he feels that he paid his dues. Cant say i blame him like alot of people. The ole saying goes, Money talks BS walks.

KcMizzou
04-19-2008, 12:53 AM
True...

Any team in the NFL would have done the exact same things as the Chiefs have to this point.Yep. And Jarred got all butthurt about it. I'm not sure there's anything the Chiefs could do, other than what they're doing.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Please dont say Lebron is. Kobe plays awesome offense that we all know and lock down Defense. Name another 2 way player?

I'd take Carmelo or James over Kobe

Kobe's always just struck me as a whiner

--hijack over--

Mojo Rising
04-19-2008, 01:03 AM

We have been under the cap every year for years. It is ridiculous. Even after the cap, the Hunts are making a huge profit from the Chiefs. It is not my check, however, my Dad has been a season ticket holder since '76.

I often buy tickets from him to go to games when I am back in KC, so , it is my check. Plus, the Directv cash I fork over that the Hunts get a portion of makes me a direct contributor.

How can you defend the Hunts? They have not done anything to drive a Championshiop for KC.

When they re-signed Holmes and Green in the same year they spread their signing bonuses over 2 years. This prevented us from signing the D we needed to get to the next level.

Once Lamar won his SB he set his focus on forcing all red blooded americans on the next great thing. Soccer. What financed this? The Chiefs.

Would have been nice if he would have kept his eye on the ball and focused on winning more SB;s.

SBK
04-19-2008, 01:09 AM
We have been under the cap every year for years. It is ridiculous. Even after the cap, the Hunts are making a huge profit from the Chiefs. It is not my check, however, my Dad has been a season ticket holder since '76.

I often buy tickets from him to go to games when I am back in KC, so , it is my check. Plus, the Directv cash I fork over that the Hunts get a portion of makes me a direct contributor.

How can you defend the Hunts? They have not done anything to drive a Championshiop for KC.

When they re-signed Holmes and Green in the same year they spread their signing bonuses over 2 years. This prevented us from signing the D we needed to get to the next level.

Once Lamar won his SB he set his focus on forcing all red blooded americans on the next great thing. Soccer. What financed this? The Chiefs.

Would have been nice if he would have kept his eye on the ball and focused on winning more SB;s.

If Jared Allen was mature, and not a drunk I'd be pissed. It's not about how much money he's going to get, it's about who they're giving that money to.

Mojo Rising
04-19-2008, 01:21 AM
With $70m he will have a personal driver. Remember when he came into the league he was living in some guys basement. If he gets suspended he loses salary. He will understand that.

He doesn't seem like the type of guy who hasn't learned what he has at risk. Or else he wouldn't have quit drinking before contract time.

This is just another episode of the Hunts being cheap and listening to CP's bad advice. Why they didn't give Allen the big money instead of LJ is beyond me. LJ has WAY many more question marks than Allen.

Ari Chi3fs
04-19-2008, 01:33 AM
What free agent in their right mind would want to come work for Carl Peterson? The guy is an A-1 douchenozzle.

Whichever team that Jared Allen goes to, I am buying one of his jerseys and wearing it to Chiefs games.

Mojo Rising
04-19-2008, 01:36 AM

--hijack over--

Melo? I guess they don't have the NBA where you live. James might have upside because of his age. He doesn't D up like Kobe though.

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 01:57 AM

--hijack over--

Alright, thanks for the laugh. lol

/hijack over from my end too.

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 02:00 AM
You're right, it is easy to say when we dont write the Checks, but they are a professional NFL team. IF they arent making an effort to win at all costs, why bother? Do you like having a team that never competes?

SBK
04-19-2008, 02:05 AM
What free agent in their right mind would want to come work for Carl Peterson? The guy is an A-1 douchenozzle.

Whichever team that Jared Allen goes to, I am buying one of his jerseys and wearing it to Chiefs games.

LMAO

KcMizzou
04-19-2008, 02:11 AM

Whichever team that Jared Allen goes to, I am buying one of his jerseys and wearing it to Chiefs games.Heh... why am I not surprised.

Ari Chi3fs
04-19-2008, 02:18 AM
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?action=register

Go Vikings! I guess hate the Packers now. **** you FARVE!!111

Ari Chi3fs
04-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Oh man, a Vikings #69 with FIRE CARL or the #69 Chiefs with Fire Carl on the back of it... wearing that to games. wow. The plot thickens.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-19-2008, 02:24 AM
why are there people here defending Jared ??

He's a crybaby whiny bitch. He was going to get his money. Stupid mofo.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2008, 02:36 AM
With $70m he will have a personal driver. Remember when he came into the league he was living in some guys basement. If he gets suspended he loses salary. He will understand that.

He doesn't seem like the type of guy who hasn't learned what he has at risk. Or else he wouldn't have quit drinking before contract time.

This is just another episode of the Hunts being cheap and listening to CP's bad advice. Why they didn't give Allen the big money instead of LJ is beyond me. LJ has WAY many more question marks than Allen.

He's had a DUI in High School, College and two since he's been in the NFL.

What in the world makes you believe he won't get another?

He's in a contract year and I'm certain his agent has been on his ass every single day since he returned in week 3 last season, reminding him to stay sober for a huge payday.

I'm pretty certain JA won't give f*ck once he has a $30 million dollar check in his hand if he misses a season due to a night on the town.

He's a f*ck up, plain and simple. But for some reason, this f*cking douchebag appeals to KC fans.

Yet LJ doesn't. Go figure. :doh!:

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 02:38 AM
Easy to figure out why. I wont say it, but i honestly think its true. Maybe not for all, but for quite a bit.

blueballs
04-19-2008, 02:40 AM
He wants big money invested in him and goes out and runs with the bulls
and wrestles alagators and can't understand why he's considered a risk
dumber than shit

KcMizzou
04-19-2008, 02:48 AM
Easy to figure out why. I wont say it, but i honestly think its true. Maybe not for all, but for quite a bit.The Great White Hope.

I get it, but I don't think that's really the reason. For one, he's a badass football player with a motor that won't quit. He's also an over-achiever. A fourth round pick who's turned into a star.

But, yeah... he just kinda "clicks" with the KC fan base. We all either were... or knew, a guy like him. He's a shit kickin', field party, wanna-be cowboy who's kicking ass in a hip-hop world. What's not to like?

That said... if he wants to go... we might as well get what we can.

Der Flöprer
04-19-2008, 02:50 AM
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?action=register

Go Vikings! I guess hate the Packers now. **** you FARVE!!111

Fans on that board are just assuming they're giving up their 1st and 2nd.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Easy to figure out why. I wont say it, but i honestly think its true. Maybe not for all, but for quite a bit.

I think I've referred to exactly what you mean by this....

Also the stuff here is exactly what I mean when I say that Allen blames the team for his personal downfalls, he refuses to take personal responsibility that he put himself in the spot.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 02:59 AM
The Great White Hope.

I get it, but I don't think that's really the reason. For one, he's a badass football player with a motor that won't quit. He's also an over-achiever. A fourth round pick who's turned into a star.

But, yeah... he just kinda "clicks" with the KC fan base. We all either were... or knew, a guy like him. He's a shit kickin', field party, wanna-be cowboy who's kicking ass in a hip-hop world. What's not to like?

That said... if he wants to go... we might as well get what we can.

I don't really understand it personally, he does something dumb and he's just a fun lovin country boy another guy of different skin color does it and he's a thug...

T-post Tom
04-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Wasn't it the Chiefs that picked you in the fourth round when EVERY other NFL team considered you a risk after all your trouble in school? Wasn't it the Chiefs that went to bat for you with the Commish and got your sentence commuted? Wasn't it the Chiefs that gave you the opportunity to showcase your talents and provided you with all the support you needed to overcome your "run-in with the law?" We loved to watch you on the field, but don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out of town.4321

KcMizzou
04-19-2008, 03:05 AM
I don't really understand it personally, he does something dumb and he's just a fun lovin country boy another guy of different skin color does it and he's a thug...You're right.

I was gonna say something else... but I've got nothin'.

You're right.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 03:07 AM
I just hope people understand, not wanting to pay him and wanting to get rid of him, it has nothing to do with Allen the player, it's Allen the person.

No matter how great he is, making a guy with the mentality of my 15 year old brother one of the highest paid players in the league and the face of your franchise isn't a wise thing to do.

booger
04-19-2008, 03:23 AM
I just hope people understand, not wanting to pay him and wanting to get rid of him, it has nothing to do with Allen the player, it's Allen the person.

No matter how great he is, making a guy with the mentality of my 15 year old brother one of the highest paid players in the league and the face of your franchise isn't a wise thing to do.

yep.

For a guy who is loved for his blue collar work ethic, his personality sure seems high maintanence.

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 03:41 AM
It may not be the wise thing to do, but i just KNOW its going to bite the Chiefs in the ass. He is a risk, but i certainly think he's worth it. Whatever happens happens i guess.

SPchief
04-19-2008, 04:01 AM
It may not be the wise thing to do, but i just KNOW its going to bite the Chiefs in the ass. He is a risk, but i certainly think he's worth it. Whatever happens happens i guess.

You KNOW? Well shit get Carl on the phone and get him to sign him.

oaklandhater
04-19-2008, 05:09 AM
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=16385&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Cant belive vike fans only want to give up a 1st and a 3rd for ja...

Fruit Ninja
04-19-2008, 05:11 AM
You KNOW? Well shit get Carl on the phone and get him to sign him.

Just watch. 38 years and counting. We are soon going to be the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

Also, Carls track record speaks for itself. 19th year on the 5 year plan.

oaklandhater
04-19-2008, 05:15 AM
I think the viking fans are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

This picture sickens me

kc1977
04-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Jared Allen is such an immature moron. The ironic part of this whole story, that I'm pretty disappointed that JoPo didn't bother to point out, is that if Carl had given him the long-term deal last year, who really thinks that he would have re-dedicated himself, quit drinking, etc.?

kc1977
04-19-2008, 06:51 AM

He may or may not go on to continue to play like he did last year. He may or may not go back to his careless ways.

He will always be an immature whiner.

Chief Henry
04-19-2008, 07:09 AM
I would like to see the chiefs match the $$$ of another team for one more yr. Lets just see if this cowboy can go another year of Kicking azz on the field and continue his boy scout life off the field !!! Thats a big if imo. There's no doubt that the young 26 year old can play. He is truly a motivated young man. Should he produce like last season, and should he stay out of trouble for one more yr. his stock would rise that much more imo. If we can't resign him next yr, then trade him and get some of the cream of the crop college players next yr.

NewChief
04-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Deja Vu!

Hell hath no fury like a Chief fan scorned.

;)

the Talking Can
04-19-2008, 07:29 AM
"Peterson leaves bad taste in Allen's mouth"

http://www.triviatribute.com/images4/harveykorman4.jpg

"Kinky..."

milkman
04-19-2008, 07:30 AM

What the **** difference would it have made if they had signed any D players?

The dumbasses in charge, from Carl, to Dick, to Spinner, to Gunt, have proven over and over again that they didn't/don't have a clue when it comes to evaluating talent.

Even when they did sign players, those players sucked ass.

milkman
04-19-2008, 07:39 AM
He's had a DUI in High School, College and two since he's been in the NFL.

What in the world makes you believe he won't get another?

He's in a contract year and I'm certain his agent has been on his ass every single day since he returned in week 3 last season, reminding him to stay sober for a huge payday.

I'm pretty certain JA won't give f*ck once he has a $30 million dollar check in his hand if he misses a season due to a night on the town.

He's a f*ck up, plain and simple. But for some reason, this f*cking douchebag appeals to KC fans.

Yet LJ doesn't. Go figure. :doh!:

It's easy to figure.

Allen has worked hard on the field to improve every aspect of his game, including run defense while LJ has never been anything more than a whineyass bitch who hasn't done anything to improve the aspect that he sucks at, blocking.

Is Allen being a dumbass here?

Absolutely, and I am not going to cry when he's gone.

Dumbass needs to grow up.

But the fact is,I'd much rather have Jared Allen on the field than LJ.

oaklandhater
04-19-2008, 07:45 AM
It's easy to figure.

Allen has worked hard on the field to improve every aspect of his game, including run defense while LJ has never been anything more than a whineyass bitch who hasn't done anything to improve the aspect that he sucks at, blocking.

Is Allen being a dumbass here?

Absolutely, and I am not going to cry when he's gone.

Dumbass needs to grow up.

But the fact is,I'd much rather have Jared Allen on the field than LJ.

my feelings exactly on LJ.

Baby Lee
04-19-2008, 07:49 AM

Funny, I'm no fan of Carl, but wherever Drunky McMullet goes next, he's the new Romanowski so far as I'm concerned.

Skip Towne
04-19-2008, 07:51 AM
I used to defend LJ but I've learned to dislike him.

ChiTown
04-19-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm trying like hell to give a shit, but I'm not getting there.

It's the NFL (professional sports, really). I honestly stopped caring who the Fk was on my team about 10 years ago or more. I just want a winner on the field - no matter who wears the red and gold. Just fkg win already..........

BigRedChief
04-19-2008, 08:47 AM
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=16385&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Cant belive vike fans only want to give up a 1st and a 3rd for ja...
No one will get 2 1st rounders for a player ever again. The market has changed.

TEX
04-19-2008, 08:59 AM
And that right there, is why you have to do it now, and get as much as you can for him. If you don't, in a year year or two he leaves anyway, and you get nothing.

Maybe not. I'd keep him and try and mend the fences. Two years is a long time. Plus, CP and Herm hopefully will be gone by then. JA will only be 28 then - with many good years left.

Molitoth
04-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Don't let the door hit ya Jared.

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little beauty for a bit more sex.

keg in kc
04-19-2008, 09:55 AM
That said... if he wants to go... we might as well get what we can.Not really any other way to look at this whole situation. You can assign blame and cry 'foul!' until you're blue in the face, but at the end of the day, reality is what it is - he doesn't want to play here - and the only thing the team can really do now is let him go and get what they can.

Maybe this all gets fixed before the draft, and he's a Chief forever, and all this is just negotiating through the press. But, as far as I can recall, I've never seen this degree of animosity end well.

StcChief
04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Draft picks and hope for another DE with same ability and better person.
Well Bye.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Whatever Jared. Grow the F*ck up.
yea ... Jared Allen,John Tait and all the other bastiges that refuse to sign cheaply for the Chiefs should just Grow the F*ck up.

WE LOVE YOU CARL!!!

Brock
04-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah, anybody who thinks Jared Allen had any kind of hand in all of this is just another Carl Buttboy.

melbar
04-19-2008, 10:52 AM
The only corner the Chiefs backed JA into was one of responsibility. If anything, being held accountable was the motivation to prove everyone wrong. Not only did they give this guy a chance in the NFL, they helped turn him into one of the best DE's in the league...

...and is Jared humble? nope..he wants to take the credit and and the money and run.

Amen to that.

stevieray
04-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, anybody who thinks Jared Allen had any kind of hand in all of this is just another Carl Buttboy.

JA blaming the Chiefs for his own actions...?

And why does he get away with it? Because that's the victim culture we've created for our psuedo role models.

melbar
04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Carl isnt the warmest and fuzziest negotiator, but you know Jared is being offered a contract that would make him one of the 2 highest paid players on the team. He seems to want highest in the LEAGUE or nothing. Loyalty to a team trying to rebuild and needing players doesnt include breaking the bank. They developed Jared into a star. This whole Money = respect thing really pisses me off.

That being said what do we gain outside of getting Chris Long? If we got Long and he was as disruptive a force on the field, we would basically be getting a 12 spot slide in the first and a mid-3rd rounder. Great value.
I will say that Long would give the whole D a different personality. Character wise it would be good. Jared has that whole crazy redneck thing, but if he's gonna be a cancer why put up with it?

Direckshun
04-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I hope we get Minny's 1st and 2nd.

I wouldn't even be opposed to trading that 1st for a 1st and 3rd.

We had this conversation in another thread -- having two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds would allow this team to rebuild at hyperspeed, and would be, in my opinion, the smartest move Carl would have made in his entire tenure as GM.

Turning Jared Allen into an unprecedented chance to instantaneously rebuild one of the worst teams in franchise history would be nothing short of brilliant.

BigChiefFan
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I hope we get Minny's 1st and 2nd.

I wouldn't even be opposed to trading that 1st for a 1st and 3rd.

We had this conversation in another thread -- having two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds would allow this team to rebuild at hyperspeed, and would be, in my opinion, the smartest move Carl would have made in his entire tenure as GM.

Turning Jared Allen into an unprecedented chance to instantaneously rebuild one of the worst teams in franchise history would be nothing short of brilliant.Too bad we have twenty years of evidence to show Carl isn't very good in the draft.

Direckshun
04-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Too bad we have twenty years of evidence to show Carl isn't very good in the draft.
Well Jesus, two things: the Chiefs announced Herm would have greater control over personnel decisions a long time ago, and secondly let me take Mecca's perspective and say that if you have no faith in your team to Draft well, there's really no reason to root for them.

Teams can't win without the Draft. Finally we have a HC that understands that and you guys are Doomsday about it.

alanm
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM

--hijack over--
Trust me on this.. Mello doesn't play defense.:shake:

BigChiefFan
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Well Jesus, two things: the Chiefs announced Herm would have greater control over personnel decisions a long time ago, and secondly let me take Mecca's perspective and say that if you have no faith in your team to Draft well, there's really no reason to root for them.

Teams can't win without the Draft. Finally we have a HC that understands that and you guys are Doomsday about it.You can still root for them, but be realistic that the team is controlled by an incompetent boob who really doesn't do a very good job.

Just because you love America doesn't mean you agree with all of it's politicians, does it? Same thing applies here.

KC Tattoo
04-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Damn/ ok I hate going to the GD library to get on here. Can't start a new thread cus I have to relogg after I create one. Damnet Carl:cuss:

High jack

Went to Disney in Florida on a Co. trip with handicap people, that's what I do now is work with handicap people and it is fun but have my hands full most of the time with them. Any ways Goofy signed my Chiefs hat and I met Brodie Croyles sister Reagan and his mom and dad wile we were their. Brodie's mom is going to send me an autograph picter of Brodie. We stayed at the same resort and I got a picture with Reagan. She is pretty:) Sorry I can't get the picture up but I will keep trying. Had fun. Did a bunch of stuff.

Had a great time, I met the big cheese Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Danald Duck, Cindarella, & her evel step sisters (they lived up to their reputation lol biiatches) Just did a buch of stuff and had fun but it was a lot of work too with the handicap people.

KC Tattoo
04-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Right now I just want to get some more draft picks. Draft day is going to be fun. Trading JA is ok so draft day we can kick ass and own the day. JA thank you for being a Chief but have a :BLVD: on your way out cheers bro :toast:

C-Mac
04-19-2008, 12:24 PM

Well said my friend and he guarantees that he's matured and past it now.....well what if the guarantee fairy is a crazy glue sniffer? Building model airplanes he says, well I'm not buying it. Let him in the house once is all it takes, next thing you know, your daughter is knocked up and there is change missing from your dresser. I have seen it happen a million times...

Brock
04-19-2008, 12:26 PM
You can still root for them, but be realistic that the team is controlled by an incompetent boob who really doesn't do a very good job.

Wow, and it only took you 18 years to figure it out.

BigChiefFan
04-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, and it only took you 18 years to figure it out.
Speculate much?:rolleyes:

Brock
04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Speculate much?:rolleyes:

No, not really. I'm just going off of your posts here, where, like a child who wants to point out something new he just learned, you want to tell everybody that the sky is blue or the earth is round.

Sure-Oz
04-19-2008, 01:55 PM
If he doesn't want to be here then this is the best situation to get as much as we can for him. I plan on eating at his new bar sometime today before he goes, cause i likely wont go back after...

Have fun in Minn/TB jared

BigRedChief
04-19-2008, 03:05 PM
You can still root for them, but be realistic that the team is controlled by an incompetent boob who really doesn't do a very good job.

Just because you love America doesn't mean you agree with all of it's politicians, does it? Same thing applies here.
Thats been my approach for a while. I was a Chief fan long before King Carl got here and I'll be a fan long after he's gone.

BigRedChief
04-19-2008, 04:05 PM
If he doesn't want to be here then this is the best situation to get as much as we can for him. I plan on eating at his new bar sometime today before he goes, cause i likely wont go back after...

Why are you going there in the first place?

BigRedChief
04-19-2008, 11:56 PM

So hows Jared's bar?

Sure-Oz
04-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Why are you going there in the first place?

Curious, and the food was pretty good and the menus are pretty simple and had funny names for meals. My gf had lunch there and told me about it so she had me go there. I guess the co owner is one of jareds long time friends. He was pretty cool...it's definetly a place by itself, saw the wine em dine em 69em mobile

BigRedChief
04-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Curious, and the food was pretty good and the menus are pretty simple and had funny names for meals. My gf had lunch there and told me about it so she had me go there. I guess the co owner is one of jareds long time friends. He was pretty cool...it's definetly a place by itself, saw the wine em dine em 69em mobile
So he was there in person on Saturday? You hit him up for info?

Dallas Chief
04-20-2008, 11:09 AM

My sentiments exactly! Don't the door hit you in the ass on the way out JA! Fourth rounder outta nowhere with a track record of bad behavior. (Once is not a track record, twice is.) I love how this guys plays, but he does indeed need to grow up! Talking about disrespect...he needs to remember where his Los Gatos ass came from and who took a chance on him. We need to get the best deal we can for him and move on. Carl still sucks though...