PDA

View Full Version : SLAG is an Appalling BIGOT

Pages : [1] 2

EyePod
04-19-2008, 09:59 AM
A while ago, there was a wonderful post about Autism and the danger of vaccinating babies. SLAG responded like this:

We choose not to vaccinate any more, my oldest son had a few but no more for anymore of our children,

Not only may they be linked to Autism but they are also made up of aborted fetal tissue

on another unrelated note:

Why the hell would any mother want to give her daughter that HPV vaccine especially at age 9, there should be no reason for a healthy young woman to have HPV, as long as she practices abstinence or gets married any only has 1 partner, I know that there are other causes of cervical cancer but Seriously, most are Sexually transmitted

I got kind of angry and responded to his post:

Kids like to fool around. They are not religious and you can't make them. I was even taught by a Nun that this is the case. I am a very anti-religious person. I don't understand how you can say your children won't be doing these things when they obviously will. I mean, of course there will be those socially inept kids who only deal with their parents because they aren't allowed to interact with other people of the opposite sex (your children), but really, if anything sexual activity among teens is higher than ever. In your perfect world, everyone would only have 1 partner for their entire life, but this isn't a perfect world. Look at yourself and see how much you sin to prove that point. Sexual protection is needed for teens. If my kids (I don't have any now, but in the future) have the normal experimentation, I don't want them getting some STD (or get pregnant) because they were told by the Church that they aren't allowed to use protection. My favorite is Britney Spears's younger sister, who got knocked up by someone who she met at Church!!! If only that mom of hers didn't take her to church...

I guess I'm just realistic, instead of an idealist. I know that most people go to church really mean well and that it really does teach great morals in our youth and society in general (I was raised in a church-going family, and although I don't believe in it anymore, I still respect the people who make the choice to believe in God and go to church, especially when they know that there are problems with the current system, instead of those who just go/believe because they are afraid.) But that's neither here nor there.

The point of this thread was to show what a nice church-going man is really like. I guess going to church makes up for the fact that SLAG is a terrible bigot. I neg repped him for his remarks. I can't really remember what I said, but I'm sure they were pretty insulting. Here is the neg rep that I got in response, and the reason for the thread:

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">04-10-2008 12:17 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> SLAG (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6568) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">God Put STD's On this earth for a reason, Rump Rangers Deserve AIDS and HIV, Whores who sleep around deserve HPV and the Clap, The fact that you hold these veiws from "Being taught by a nun" shows to me that you have a very poor grasp of the Catholic Church</td></tr></tbody></table>
Now if that's not a ridiculous bigot, I don't know what is. I can't stand the fact that this person really thinks that if there is a heaven, he's getting in. If God is real, don't you think he would know that you're a terrible bigot and that you are they type of person that deserves to go to Hell?

EyePod: "WHAT DID THE FIVE FINGERS SAY TO THE FACE?"
SLAG: "????"
EyePod: "SLAP" *Verbally Slaps SLAG's face"

And by the way, I probably know much more about the Catholic Church than you (and most other religions), you ignorant bigot.

P.S. Sorry for the Dave Chappelle show reference... I figured that they haven't been used for a while so they're kind of OK now, and I thought it fit in pretty nicely here.

Brock
04-19-2008, 10:01 AM
More just a trained parrot, IMO.

QuikSsurfer
04-19-2008, 10:03 AM
What the f*ck is this bullshit?

pr_capone
04-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Rump Rangers Deserve AIDS and HIV

So... .what about my older brother who died of AIDS? He got AIDS from a blood transfusion after being stabbed 30+ times.

Just wondering is all.

Skip Towne
04-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Slag is a religious nut. I have a sister like that. If something good happens to her God did it. If something bad happens it "just wasn't meant to be". I don't waste time arguing with those people.

milkman
04-19-2008, 10:13 AM
So... .what about my older brother who died of AIDS? He got AIDS from a blood transfusion after being stabbed 30+ times.

Just wondering is all.

Well, he must be some kind of troublemaker that God needed to punish.

Bwana
04-19-2008, 10:14 AM
:spock:

EyePod
04-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Just wondering is all.

He actually said "FA GS" but I guess it's blocked.

Bugeater
04-19-2008, 10:17 AM
There are some people here that just aren't worth wasting your time with and SLAG is one of them. I've had him on ignore for a long time.

Dave Lane
04-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Just wondering is all.

Obviously he deserved it - God aka Slag

Dave

JBucc
04-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I can't say I give a shit.

Skip Towne
04-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, he must be some kind of troublemaker that God needed to punish.

:LOL:

aturnis
04-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Terrible...just small minded and not even worth rebuttal. Sorry to hear he has these views. Noticed he hasn't showed his face as of yet...

Douche Baggins
04-19-2008, 10:25 AM
He's a real piece of work.

Adept Havelock
04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
God Put STD's On this earth for a reason, Rump Rangers Deserve AIDS and HIV, Whores who sleep around deserve HPV and the Clap,

I guess those thousands of babies in orphanages in Romania who contracted AIDS from blood transfusions during the Ceausescu regime deserved it too. :shake:

Thanks for the heads up, Eyepod. I'll remember that when I see his posts in the future.

I knew he was passionate about his religion, but I never suspected Slag was a Catholic Phelpstard.

Sully
04-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Eh.
He's blind for his worship of the catholic church.

He's also a hypocrite. I won't go into details.

But he's no worse than many others on here. Just let him be. He spouts the propaganda every once ina while, and if you don't bother to engage him, he'll go away.

Frazod
04-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Eh.
He's blind for his worship of the catholic church.

He's also a hypocrite. I won't go into details.

But he's no worse than many others on here. Just let him be. He spouts the propaganda every once ina while, and if you don't bother to engage him, he'll go away.

True enough. This is not the first thread outing one, either.

Just don't pet the cavemen.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 10:55 AM
a few things-

1- I KNOW not everyone that has AIDS got it from Anal Sex with men, but those that did Have Anal Sex with men, Deserve whatever STDS they get including AIDS, if you got aids from a blood transfusion, that is really terrible, and Im glad that its not an issue like it was in the 80s-90s. Im also sorry and pray for those kids who were born with it through no fault of their own. I love the Sinner and Hate the sin- The wages of Sin are Death, Plain and simple, Homosexual Actions are Intrinsically Sinful and Gravely Disordered, Objectively speaking they deserve whatever they get for living their life style.

2-I am a Militant Catholic, If you dont like it put me on Ignore- I Firmly Believe that there is only one TRUE church that is the church that Jesus Christ Founded himself, the Catholic Church, Outside of the Catholic Church there is No Salvation.

3- I hate SIN, i hate my sin, I hate your sin, I hate ALL sin - we are all prone to it, we all have the stain of original sin and that predisposes us to Sin for the rest of our lives- The Fact of the Matter is I am A BIGOT against Sin, but I love the Sinner, No matter who you are and what you have done I LOVE You unconditionally, but I WILL NOT love your sin or support you in it, once again, The Wages of Sin is DEATH, Spiritual and Sometimes Corporal, People always Get what they deserve but thats not for me to decide. I never Pretended to Be God or Say you MUST believe what I believe but since I'm being called out I will defend myself.

4. The Fact that you Claim that you know more about the church than me proves that you have much more to learn about True Catholicism, not what the Media or some Bill Mahar has to say.

5. Your Complaining about Neg. Rep and should be Neg Rep Bombed.

So to Sum it up-

I hate Sin
I love Sinners
There is only one true Faith and thats the Catholic Church of which I am a Solider of - I will not Apologize for this

Braincase
04-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Some folks display some pretty idiotic colors when discussing sexual identity and preference.

"He/She isn't like me, so therefore what they feel is WRONG!"

If it's between two consenting adults, who's to judge?

Just leave the kids and animals out of it, and you won't catch too much flak from me.

Douche Baggins
04-19-2008, 10:59 AM
No matter who you are and what you have done I LOVE You unconditionally

Such love...

Nick Loves the Penis

You are shit now

If my Shit Stunk as bad as WPI I would disenbowel myself, PS Your grammer Sucks

YOUR MOM LOL WHEN SHE SAW YOU

Sully
04-19-2008, 11:00 AM
ROFL @ "Your grammer sucks."

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:02 AM
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td class="alt2" width="50%">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Now if that's not a ridiculous bigot, I don't know what is. I can't stand the fact that this person really thinks that if there is a heaven, he's getting in. If God is real, don't you think he would know that you're a terrible bigot and that you are they type of person that deserves to go to Hell?

Oh yeah and I never Claimed I was Going to Heaven buddy, It depends if I die with Moral Sin on my Soul

HolmeZz
04-19-2008, 11:03 AM
So if God hates gay people so much, why did he create them?

EyePod
a few things-

1- I KNOW not everyone that has AIDS got it from Anal Sex with men, but those that did Have Anal Sex with men, Deserve whatever STDS they get including AIDS, if you got aids from a blood transfusion, that is really terrible, and Im glad that its not an issue like it was in the 80s-90s. Im also sorry and pray for those kids who were born with it through no fault of their own. I love the Sinner and Hate the sin- The wages of Sin are Death, Plain and simple, Homosexual Actions are Intrinsically Sinful and Gravely Disordered, Objectively speaking they deserve whatever they get for living their life style.

2-I am a Militant Catholic, If you dont like it put me on Ignore- I Firmly Believe that there is only one TRUE church that is the church that Jesus Christ Founded himself, the Catholic Church, Outside of the Catholic Church there is No Salvation.

3- I hate SIN, i hate my sin, I hate your sin, I hate ALL sin - we are all prone to it, we all have the stain of original sin and that predisposes us to Sin for the rest of our lives- The Fact of the Matter is I am A BIGOT against Sin, but I love the Sinner, No matter who you are and what you have done I LOVE You unconditionally, but I WILL NOT love your sin or support you in it, once again, The Wages of Sin is DEATH, Spiritual and Sometimes Corporal, People always Get what they deserve but thats not for me to decide. I never Pretended to Be God or Say you MUST believe what I believe but since I'm being called out I will defend myself.

4. The Fact that you Claim that you know more about the church than me proves that you have much more to learn about True Catholicism, not what the Media or some Bill Mahar has to say.

So to Sum it up-

I hate Sin
I love Sinners
There is only one true Faith and thats the Catholic Church of which I am a Solider of - I will not Apologize for this

So I'm not sure if you realize this, but you worship a JEW (Not a Catholic). Second, your church was founded by PETER (not Jebus).

You lose again.

SLAG
Your church protects pedophiles. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Sure some higher ups made some poor choices in handling the Sexual abuse.

They will get what they Deserve as well

Braincase
a2-I am a Militant Catholic, If you dont like it put me on Ignore- I Firmly Believe that there is only one TRUE church that is the church that Jesus Christ Founded himself, the Catholic Church, Outside of the Catholic Church there is No Salvation.

You might want to do a refresher on John Paul II.

We confess with the Apostle Paul "that there is salvation in no other name" (Acts 4:12). The "Dominus Iesus" declaration, in the wake of Vatican II, shows that with this the salvation of non-Christians is not denied, but explains its ultimate source in Christ, in whom God and man are united. God gives light to all in a way appropriate to their interior and environmental situation, granting them saving grace through ways known to him (see "Dominus Iesus," VI, 20-21).

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:04 AM
So if God hates gay people so much, why did he create them?

God Loves every man-

God calls those with Homosexual feelings - to Live in Perfect Chastity

Brock
04-19-2008, 11:05 AM

What??? I thought your church was infallible.

I'll just stop here out of respect for the catholics who are worthy of it.

Douche Baggins
Is God OK with blowjobs? What about doggy-style?

SLAG
So I'm not sure if you realize this, but you worship a JEW (Not a Catholic). Second, your church was founded by PETER (not Jebus).

You lose again.

Jesus Founded the Church Through Peter-

you can check out this link for more:

http://scripturecatholic.com/primacy_of_peter.html

Sully
God Loves every man-

The Pope calls those with Homosexual feelings - to Live in Perfect Chastity

FYP

EyePod
04-19-2008, 11:06 AM

On a total side note, I really respect the Pope for talking to some of those boys who were molested by their priests.. Still doesn't mean that I respect you SLAG. I'm sure that the Pope would tell you that you were an idiot if he heard you spewing this BULLSHIT.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
You might want to do a refresher on John Paul II.

We confess with the Apostle Paul "that there is salvation in no other name" (Acts 4:12). The "Dominus Iesus" declaration, in the wake of Vatican II, shows that with this the salvation of non-Christians is not denied, but explains its ultimate source in Christ, in whom God and man are united. God gives light to all in a way appropriate to their interior and environmental situation, granting them saving grace through ways known to him (see "Dominus Iesus," VI, 20-21).

I do not Disagree with any of this

for the people that live in the Congo that have never heard of the Catholic Church God MAY extend Extraordinary Grace to save those, but the ORDINARY means comes through his Church.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19692094/

EyePod
04-19-2008, 11:09 AM
God Loves every man-

Sounds like you have lots of repressed anger with your God, having to deal with not having all that butt sex that you have a hankering for....

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
What??? I thought your church was infallible.

I'll just stop here out of respect for the catholics who are worthy of it.

You have a Misconception of the teaching of infallible, the Pope is only Infallible when speaking on issues of Faith and Morals - Thats it

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07790a.htm

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Sounds like you have lots of repressed anger with your God, having to deal with not having all that butt sex that you have a hankering for....

Now your going to Ad Hominem attacks

Makes your argument week

I will pray for you Brother

HolmeZz
04-19-2008, 11:11 AM
God Loves every man-

No, you just said God created diseases strictly to punish people for the way they are(how He made them, right?).

Your God sounds pretty f*cked up.

Skip Towne
04-19-2008, 11:12 AM
To protect against AIDS: Sit on your butt and keep your mouth shut.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:14 AM
No, you just said God created diseases strictly for punishing punish people for the way they are.

Your God sounds pretty f*cked up.

Thats not what I said

I said Homo's are Called to Perfect Chasity-

If they refuse to Live in Perfect Chasity then they refuse to listen to God's Call, No one is Perfect but they should be Striving for Perfect Chasity

Braincase
04-19-2008, 11:15 AM
I do not Disagree with any of this

for the people that live in the Congo that have never heard of the Catholic Church God MAY extend Extraordinary Grace to save those, but the ORDINARY means comes through his Church.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19692094/

I'm Catholic, but I converted. I was raised to question authority, and I always have and always will. I think the Catyholic church is pretty screwed up in some ways, but all in all, the good outweighs the bad. Yaeh, I get a little tired of being hit up for cash three times a week to refill the coffers emptied due to lawsuits (which the church probably wouldn't have had if they had a policy allowing ALL priests to marry, not just a few that were married Episcopal priests that converted to Catholicism).

If you want to be a blind follower, be a blind follower. But don't criticize those of us with our eyes open. Someone needs to make sure the car takes the right fork in the road.

Oh, and I think most homosexuals aren't making a choice. It's just as much a part of their nature to be gay is it is my nature to be straight. I had a gay uncle who was a monk. I might know more about it than you.

Phobia
04-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm not gonna cast stones at Slag but I do have him on iggy as well. He's a decent guy. I've met him.

But I'm not fond of his preaching all the while stealing video games from blockbuster and stealing bandwidth from his employer.

Deberg_1990
04-19-2008, 11:18 AM
a few things-

So to Sum it up-

I hate Sin
I love Sinners

How do you know your right??

The Muslim man believes hes 100% right

The Southern Baptist man beleives hes 100% right

The Hindu man beleives hes 100% right

The Mormon man believes he is 100% right

Whos right??

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm Catholic, but I converted. I was raised to question authority, and I always have and always will. I think the Catyholic church is pretty screwed up in some ways, but all in all, the good outweighs the bad. Yaeh, I get a little tired of being hit up for cash three times a week to refill the coffers emptied due to lawsuits (which the church probably wouldn't have had if they had a policy allowing ALL priests to marry, not just a few that were married Episcopal priests that converted to Catholicism).

If you want to be a blind follower, be a blind follower. But don't criticize those of us with our eyes open. Someone needs to make sure the car takes the right fork in the road.

Oh, and I think most homosexuals aren't making a choice. It's just as much a part of their nature to be gay is it is my nature to be straight. I had a gay uncle who was a monk. I might know more about it than you.

Deo Gratias for Finding the Fullness of Truth in the Catholic Church

I am a Blind Follower because the Holy Spirit is one one Guiding us, the Car will never lead us wrong since the Holy Ghost is driving.

Homosexuals ARE making a choice with their ACTIONS, I commend your brother for entering the Monastic life - Im sure in the Monastery they help him with his struggle to Live a Pure and Chaste Life.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
How do you know your right??

The Muslim man believes hes 100% right

The Southern Baptist man beleives hes 100% right

The Hindu man beleives hes 100% right

The Mormon man believes he is 100% right

Whos right??

The Catholic Church Is Right

Plain and Simple.

HolmeZz
04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Thats not what I said

I said Homo's are Called to Perfect Chasity-

If they refuse to Live in Perfect Chasity then they refuse to listen to God's Call, No one is Perfect but they should be Striving for Perfect Chasity

Let's dumb this down even more so that you could respond to my points.

Why did your God create homosexuality when you're saying he punishes homosexuals(who he created) for engaging in it?

If you're saying your God is discriminatory like that when it comes to homosexuals(or even babies who get born with those diseases), how can you truly believe that everyone is born equal? How can you honestly say your God believes that?

The definition of what's acceptable in the eyes of God has changed over time, probably because times change and the Church doesn't want to come off as bigoted and out of touch.

SLAG
I'm not gonna cast stones at Slag but I do have him on iggy as well. He's a decent guy. I've met him.

But I'm not fond of his preaching all the while stealing video games from blockbuster and stealing bandwidth from his employer.

I know Im on Ignore

I Stole Video games, and By Passed my employers internet (with their permission) before i Came back to my Faith in the Catholic Church

I do neither of those things anymore

Deberg_1990
The Catholic Church Is Right

Plain and Simple.

like i said...any of those other religions would tell you the same thing.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:24 AM
like i said...any of those other religions would tell you the same thing.

This is not the thread to get into why the Church is the one True Faith.

If you are HONESTLY interested in this we can Discuss this via P.M or you can contact a Catholic Priest or call Catholic Answers at : 619-387-7200

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM

And herein lies the rub.

I went to Catholic school in Johnson County for a year.

I've never met a more despicable clique of people in my entire life. The most duplicitous vermin that I've ever came in contact with (and that includes the sleaze in Hollywood).

Believe what YOU want to believe, Slag, but just keep in mind that your "laws" and your opinions in no way, shape or form have any bearing on my or anyone else's life.

So keep it to yourself, Buddy.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Let's dumb this down even more so that you could respond to my points.

Why did your God create homosexuality when you're saying he punishes homosexuals(who he created) for engaging in it?

If you're saying your God is discriminatory like that when it comes to homosexuals(or even babies who get born with those diseases), how can you truly believe that everyone is born equal? How can you honestly say your God believes that?

The definition of what's acceptable in the eyes of God has changed over time, probably because times change and the Church doesn't want to come off as bigoted and out of touch.

I will not to pretend to know WHY God Created homosexuals- but he did, I believe some Homo's are Gay by choice but SOME are born that way.

God is Not Discriminatory at ALL, he loves everyone even those that do not Love him, Those that do Not are not Punished by him but by the Devil but God allows this to Happen because he gave humans free will to Choose to follow him and his church and their rules Or not, its pretty much ALL or nothing.

The Definition of what is Acceptable in Gods eyes has NEVER changed in the Catholic Church -

Sully
04-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I wonder...
Does love of a person include respect for that person?

If not, what is love, other than a self-serving expression used to make yourself feel better about your prejudices?

Phobia
04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
I know Im on Ignore

I Stole Video games, and By Passed my employers internet (with their permission) before i Came back to my Faith in the Catholic Church

I do neither of those things anymore

Fair enough. None of us are perfect -certainly not me, not by a long shot, which is why I so infrequently discuss my faith on here. But it's not for me to judge. I don't agree with a lot of what you're saying here but it's your right.

HolmeZz
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I will not to pretend to know WHY God Created homosexuals

Why now? You pretend to know everything else.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Slag is a hypocrite scumbag who tries to pass off his holier than thou attitude onto everyone.

Slag, I wonder if your wife deserves the clap and hpv because a few years ago you were whining all over this board how she was unhappy and how you suspected she was cheating.

You're a 24 year old with about 10 kids and an obviously unstable marriage. Stop judging others because of how ****ing miserable your life is.

Sully
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Why now? You pretend to know everything else.

To be fair, this isn't true.

He claims the church he worships knows everything.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
And herein lies the rub.

I've never met a more despicable clique of people in my entire life. The most duplicitous vermin that I've ever came in contact with (and that includes the sleaze in Hollywood).

Believe what YOU want to believe, Slag, but just keep in mind that your "laws" and your opinions in no way, shape or form have any bearing on my or anyone else's life.

The Catholic Schools in Johnson County are Less than Stellar and Led me away from the Church for along time.

These are not MY laws these are the Laws of Jesus Christ Given to us through Sacred Scripture, Magisterial Teaching and Sacred Tradition.
They may not have bearing on your life but that does not make them any less the Truth.

I was called out in this thread and am defending myself, I do not come on chiefs planet and condem anyone, I am the one getting attacked here -

Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake: 12 Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is very great in heaven. For so they persecuted the prophets that were before you.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
To be fair, this isn't true.

He claims the church he worships knows everything.

They Do ;-)

HolmeZz
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
So where'd you go and get taught that God created STDs and AIDs to punish the gays and whores?

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I wonder...
Does love of a person include respect for that person?

If not, what is love, other than a self-serving expression used to make yourself feel better about your prejudices?

Love does include respect for the person- but still hate for the action (sin)

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2008, 11:35 AM
The Catholic Schools in Johnson County are Less than Stellar and Led me away from the Church for along time.

These are not MY laws these are the Laws of Jesus Christ Given to us through Sacred Scripture, Magisterial Teaching and Sacred Tradition.
They may not have bearing on your life but that does not make them any less the Truth.

I was called out in this thread and am defending myself, I do not come on chiefs planet and condem anyone, I am the one getting attacked here -

Slag, I think your best defense in this case would be "turn the other cheek".

If you did that and walked away from these "confrontations", I think you'd have a lot less drama happening, at least in this forum.

And probably quite a few less people that have you on ignore.

Deberg_1990
04-19-2008, 11:35 AM

If you are HONESTLY interested in this we can Discuss this via P.M or you can contact a Catholic Priest or call Catholic Answers at : 619-387-7200

This is why i hardly ever argue about religion.

Choose a faith, and stick with it. Thats awesume. But dont try and tell others they are wrong. Nobody knows unless you have been dead before.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:36 AM
ROFL

This thread is comedy gold.

Tell me, why did the Church protect child abusers (and still does) if they know it's wrong?

You admit that higher ups made bad decisions so doesn't that call into question all the decisions the church made. Hmmmm.

Sully
04-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Love does include respect for the person- but still hate for the action (sin)

So calling someone a "f ag" is showing love for them?

el borracho
04-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Name change to, "The Flying SLAGHETTI Monster"

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Gotta love the "True Scotsman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman)" argument.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM

I did not call anyone personally a F.A.G. - I used the term for Homosexuals that are Obstinate in sin

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM

Is creating a homosexual and then calling them to be celibate showing love for them?

HonestChieffan
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Another asshat with a cause.

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 11:41 AM
a few things-

Please go back and read your Bible......if you truly are the Christian that you claim the above statements would not be in your vocabulary. The only true church is the church of Christ, not the Catholic Church.

We could get into this whole debate about what is the "true church", but remember this one thing, being "militant" was what put Peter in trouble. Think before you do.

mmaddog

Frazod
ROFL

This thread is comedy gold.

Tell me, why did the Church protect child abusers (and still does) if they know it's wrong?

You admit that higher ups made bad decisions so doesn't that call into question all the decisions the church made. Hmmmm.

I agree with you, but someone who uses his position of trust and authority to bugger a little boy up the ass would be a child MOLESTER, not just a child abuser.

Sully
I did not call anyone personally a F.A.G. - I used the term for Homosexuals that are Obstinate in sin

So using a derogatory term for a group of people, because you disagree with their "sin" is okay, as long as you aren't face to face with one... or saying it to or about a specific person?

Interesting view on respect and love you have.

Sully
04-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Is creating a homosexual and then calling them to be celibate showing love for them?

I don't believe God has done that. I worship God.
Slag's church has done that. Slag worships his church.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I agree with you, but someone who uses his position of trust and authority to bugger a little boy up the ass would be a child MOLESTER, not just a child abuser.

Fair point. I thought I used Molester. Guess I thought it and didn't type it.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't believe God has done that. I worship God.
Slag's church has done that. Slag worships his church.

Fair point. But it wasn't really directed towards you, more just adding a follow up question for Slag. :)

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:43 AM
So using a derogatory term for a group of people, because you disagree with their "sin" is okay, as long as you aren't face to face with one... or saying it to or about a specific person?

Interesting view on respect and love you have.

Since when is F.A.G A Derogatory Term

Next I wont Be able to call Fellow Catholics Cat Lickers

Frazod
04-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Fair point. I thought I used Molester. Guess I thought it and didn't type it.

Hey, I'm just here to help. :)

Douche Baggins
I was going to convert to Catholicism but then I met SLAG.

Demonpenz
i believe jesus's basic principles were don't be an asshole

Sully
04-19-2008, 11:45 AM

Are you this unintelligent?
Or is this a joke?

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:45 AM

ROFL

Since when is f.a.g a derogatory term? Seriously?

Having said that, it is true that it's become less derogatory by each generation because of it's overuse.

Hey, I'm just here to help. :)

I no need stoopid help from a muzzuri guy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2008, 11:46 AM
You have a Misconception of the teaching of infallible, the Pope is only Infallible when speaking on issues of Faith and Morals - Thats it

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07790a.htm

So, things like the Inquisition and ignoring the Holocaust were perfectly moral?

Awesome.

Time for some Blue Oyster Cult

"I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' the Jews."

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
"I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' the Jews."

Thread over

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Thread over

I think it was over when you came and dug yourself a 6 foot hole.

Frazod
04-19-2008, 11:50 AM
I no need stoopid help from a muzzuri guy.

LMAO

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Thread over

Really? I was hoping to engage you in a discussion of the "one true church"

mmaddog

SLAG
04-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Really? I was hoping to engage you in a discussion of the "one true church"

mmaddog

If you are HONESTLY and GENUINELY interested in this we can Discuss this via P.M or you can contact a Catholic Priest or call Catholic Answers at : 619-387-7200

Braincase
04-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm awfully glad the Holy Spirit has told me to get off my lazy ass and think for myself.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm awfully glad the Holy Spirit has told me to get off my lazy ass and think for myself.

1st John 4:1-6

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 12:03 PM

If you are HONESTLY and GENUINELY interested in this we can Discuss this via P.M or you can contact a Catholic Priest or call Catholic Answers at : 619-387-7200

I have discussed this many times with my Catholic friends, those who find themselves less in need of being militant. It has always been an enlightening discussion for us both.

So, why are you afraid to discuss this in public? Your answer to this belies a fear.

Why would I need to call a Priest or Catholic Answers? You are the person I am asking and as a devout Catholic who says it is the one true church, you should be able to provide the answer without need for "backup". I would love to hear your explanation, not theirs.

mmaddog

SLAG
04-19-2008, 12:08 PM
I have discussed this many times with my Catholic friends, those who find themselves less in need of being militant. It has always been an enlightening discussion for us both.

So, why are you afraid to discuss this in public? Your answer to this belies a fear.

Why would I need to call a Priest or Catholic Answers? You are the person I am asking and as a devout Catholic who says it is the one true church, you should be able to provide the answer without need for "backup". I would love to hear your explanation, not theirs.

mmaddog

Im not Afraid to discuss these in public, its just This isnt the right Thread for it, and People are sick of me talking about this already, The Catholic Priest and Catholic Answers are far more experienced in the areas of Catholic Apologetics.

If you want to discuss this with ME personally I have no problem Discussing it in another thread or In P.M., IM, or even over the phone. This is not a conversation that can take place quickly but I am more than happy to discuss it with you myself

once again I just feel that this thread that is attacking me is not the right place to hold that discussion

manchambo
04-19-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm actually intesrested in Slag's views and wish to learn more. Indeed, our whole medical establishment would do well to consider more closely the sins for which various diseases serve as punishment.

When people get cancer, they should stop wasting time with bullshit like chemotherapy and should go to Slag, find out what sin they're being punished for, and stop doing it.

Slag, I recently found out I've got some messed up discs in my spine. What am I being punished for? I'd sure like to know so I can stop doing whatever it is. Unless its lusting. I don't think I'm likely to stop doing that.

Sully
04-19-2008, 12:10 PM

You aren't allowed to interpret what the Holy Spirit told you. The church must do that for it to be valid.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm actually intesrested in Slag's views and wish to learn more. Indeed, our whole medical establishment would do well to consider more closely the sins for which various diseases serve as punishment.

When people get cancer, they should stop wasting time with bullshit like chemotherapy and should go to Slag, find out what sin they're being punished for, and stop doing it.

Slag, I recently found out I've got some messed up discs in my spine. What am I being punished for? I'd sure like to know so I can stop doing whatever it is. Unless its lusting. I don't think I'm likely to stop doing that.

Not my Favorite Source but : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemptive_suffering

Redemptive suffering is the Roman Catholic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church) belief that human suffering, when accepted and offered up in union with the Passion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passion_%28Christianity%29) of Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus), can remit the just punishment for one's sins or for the sins of another. Like an indulgence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence), redemptive suffering does not gain the individual forgiveness for their sin; forgiveness results from Godís grace, freely given through Christ, which cannot be earned. After one's sins are forgiven, the individual's suffering can reduce the penalty due for sin.

Saggysack
04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
What is the difference between consequence and punishment?

Deberg_1990
04-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Why do Athletes "Praise God" when they win..

But when they lose not one mention of the man???

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Some folks display some pretty idiotic colors when discussing sexual identity and preference.

"He/She isn't like me, so therefore what they feel is WRONG!"

If it's between two consenting adults, who's to judge?

Just leave the kids and animals out of it, and you won't catch too much flak from me.Good call.

plbrdude
04-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Jesus Founded the Church Through Peter-

you can check out this link for more:

http://scripturecatholic.com/primacy_of_peter.html

:shake::shake: the rock that the church was founded on was Peter's revelation that Jesus is the Christ. the son of the Living God.

SLAG
04-19-2008, 12:24 PM
:shake::shake: the rock that the church was founded on was Peter's revelation that Jesus is the Christ. the son of the Living God.

Dig A little Deeper- Read the Church Fathers, Know that ALL early Orthodox Christians Held that Peter was the Rock Not his statement ;)

http://www.catholic.com/library/Peter_the_Rock.asp

http://www.catholic.com/library/church_papacy.asp

SLAG
04-19-2008, 12:27 PM
oh and by the way im out of here for the day

Just got plenty to do around here I will see you all later

Bowser
04-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Fundamentalists are a scary lot.

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 12:32 PM
You aren't allowed to interpret what the Holy Spirit told you. The church must do that for it to be valid.

Well, yes and no. The Church teaches that the Holy Spirit is there to guide you in your life, in your interpretation of Holy Scripture and areas of Faith and Morals. But, just as in the book of Acts when the Ethiopian Eunuch reveals that even though he has scripture he cannot understand it without a guide, there must be an authority outside of Scripture to interpret Scripture. We Catholics believe this Authority rests in the Church, and that this Authority was bestowed by Christ Himself.

Many many many people disagree. Some of them are interested in the Truth and are really charitably trying to get to it, others like to call names and belittle people, and still others revel in the failings of the men who run the Church, and therefore project those failings onto the Church itself. it's sad, but understandable. I always say, in the history of the RCC, we have had bad priests, bishops, even popes, but the Church herself has survived...and that is because Christ promised that even the gates of hell will not prevail against her...

...I also don't think that Slag "worships" the Church. Not sure how someone could claim to know the disposition of his heart to make an accusation like that...but I guess I could be wrong just as easily. It's my sense that he (like all Catholics should) trusts the Church and the Authority with which she is given to "go forth and baptize all nations, preaching the gospel".

I think most people who think they know a lot about the RCC are really not as knowledgeable about the Church as much as they are the sucky people who belong to the Church. In other words, they know sucky Catholics, so ergo the Church must suck as well...I can assure you that this is not the case. Catholics are humans, the Church is guided by the Holy Spirit...too bad all the humans in the Church are not all the time...

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm still kind of hoping SLAG is just a really elaborate troll, because god DAMN, that would be dedicated.

And also, that would mean there wouldn't be a flock of SLAGulls growing up and using this douche as a role model.

I do neither of those things anymoreSo you're saying you don't sin anymore?

What makes others' supposed sins any more reprehensible than your own?

plbrdude
04-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Dig A little Deeper- Read the Church Fathers, Know that ALL early Orthodox Christians Held that Peter was the Rock Not his statement ;)

http://www.catholic.com/library/Peter_the_Rock.asp

http://www.catholic.com/library/church_papacy.asp

i have dug deeper. that is why i'm an apostolic pentecostal.

here is a link for you to check out

http://www.dccsa.com/greatjoy/ChurchHistory.htm

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 12:41 PM

I'm confused as to how you could interpret that from this:

Matthew 16:17-19
Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood 12 has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, 13 and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. 14 Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

...I don't see anything in the bolded section indicating that it was Peter's revelation...rather it seems that it was Peter himself...?

Sully
04-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Well, yes and no. The Church teaches that the Holy Spirit is there to guide you in your life, in your interpretation of Holy Scripture and areas of Faith and Morals. But, just as in the book of Acts when the Ethiopian Eunuch reveals that even though he has scripture he cannot understand it without a guide, there must be an authority outside of Scripture to interpret Scripture. We Catholics believe this Authority rests in the Church, and that this Authority was bestowed by Christ Himself.

Many many many people disagree. Some of them are interested in the Truth and are really charitably trying to get to it, others like to call names and belittle people, and still others revel in the failings of the men who run the Church, and therefore project those failings onto the Church itself. it's sad, but understandable. I always say, in the history of the RCC, we have had bad priests, bishops, even popes, but the Church herself has survived...and that is because Christ promised that even the gates of hell will not prevail against her...

...I also don't think that Slag "worships" the Church. Not sure how someone could claim to know the disposition of his heart to make an accusation like that...but I guess I could be wrong just as easily. It's my sense that he (like all Catholics should) trusts the Church and the Authority with which she is given to "go forth and baptize all nations, preaching the gospel".

I think most people who think they know a lot about the RCC are really not as knowledgeable about the Church as much as they are the sucky people who belong to the Church. In other words, they know sucky Catholics, so ergo the Church must suck as well...I can assure you that this is not the case. Catholics are humans, the Church is guided by the Holy Spirit...too bad all the humans in the Church are not all the time...

SOunds to me just another way to keep people dependent on the church, much like in the pre Luther days when the Bible wasn't allowed to be translated into the people's languages.
Jesus never claimed to only talk to church elders, pastors or priests. Jesus took his message directly to the people.

And why do I say Slag worships the church?
I guess I have the gut reaction that if you believe something is infallible, then you worship it. So if you think church leaders' interpretation of what God is saying to you is infallible, then, IMO, that is a sort of worship. I believe many people worship their church. I believe many people worship the Bible. I believe many people worship many things surrounding God... but often leave large chunks of actual God out of their worship. It's much easier to worship a book or an authority. It's much messier to delve into what God actually is to you...personally...unfiltered.

Of course, that's just my interpretation of what God, and Jesus, have said to me through my life. I don't claim for it to be the one truth, or the one way, as I believe God reveals God's self to each of us differently.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 12:47 PM
You know, say what you say about Slag. This is the 3rd or 4th time that Eyepod has brought up total douchebaggery. He shouldn't be getting a pass. He's a drama queen.

plbrdude
04-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm confused as to how you could interpret that from this:

...I don't see anything in the bolded section indicating that it was Peter's revelation...rather it seems that it was Peter himself...?

doesn't seem to be peter himself at all. why did he not just say i'm going to build my church on you? rather He seems to be addressing what peter said.

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 01:04 PM
SOunds to me just another way to keep people dependent on the church, much like in the pre Luther days when the Bible wasn't allowed to be translated into the people's languages.
Jesus never claimed to only talk to church elders, pastors or priests. Jesus took his message directly to the people.

Well, sure. But like I said, interpretation is needed, outside of scripture itself. Jesus preached to the people, but explained Himself only to the apostles. Just look at all the examples of that throughout the gospels. Then he gave the apostles the authority to bind and loose sin, and to go forth and preach the gospel and to baptize...not just anybody, but to the apostles. Then in Acts, we see the apostles passing that authority on by laying on of hands etc. The role of the priesthood was central in Judaism, and Jesus did not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it. This doesn't meant that the role of the priesthood was done away with. There is a ton of history on this though, and it would take books and years of study and research explain this...which ain't gonna happen today on Chiefsplanet...:)

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 01:08 PM
doesn't seem to be peter himself at all. why did he not just say i'm going to build my church on you? rather He seems to be addressing what peter said.

basically, he says "Thou art Rock (Peter, or Cephas) and upon this Rock (cepha) I will build my Church."

I can see I suppose why it is argued upon, but I guess it boils down to how you interpret it. This is what the Church believes and this is how the Church explains this belief. Disagree with how the Church interprets it, but at least see that they didn't just make it up.

|Zach|
04-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Good times.

Here is a video that has nothing to do with anything.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXIaDBad5Vg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXIaDBad5Vg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Calcountry
04-19-2008, 01:38 PM
a few things-

So to Sum it up-

I hate Sin
I love Sinners
Is it not true, that "while we were YET sinners, Christ died for us."

And also. "Christ is NOT WILLING that any should perish, but all have eternal life." Paraphrased by me. Please corect me if I am wrong.

Given the above passages of the Holy text, how do you square only Catholics, many of whom engage in idolatry with the Virgin Mary, will enter Heaven?

I just don't get it my man. You need to check yourself.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I've always wondered about this little paradox:

To be man is to sin.
To be divine is not to sin.
Jesus is both man and divine.

He did not have original sin and did not sin while on earth. So how can he be man?

stevieray
04-19-2008, 01:57 PM

To be man is to sin.

He did not have original sin and did not sin while on earth. So how can he be man?

The real question is how can he be a man without sin.

Sin is passed down through the father, and Jesus didn't have a biological father.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 02:01 PM

To be man is to sin.

To want to sin is a sin. Jesus tore up some unethical mercants at a temple and then had the nuts to ask God if he really had to climb up on the cross when that was his whole point in going downstairs to begin with.

He might have been a perfect combination of divine and man but he wasn't a perfect man...

Mecca
04-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I just laugh at what Slag says these days, after that one post he had to me there was nothing else I could or can do.

kstater
04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Slag, I believe with your pic and text that your sig is to big.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
The real question is how can he be a man without sin.

Sin is passed down through the father, and Jesus didn't have a biological father.

Ah, so the virgin birth does provide a loophole. ROFL

The backbending that goes on.

To want to sin is a sin. Jesus tore up some unethical mercants at a temple and then had the nuts to ask God if he really had to climb up on the cross when that was his whole point in going downstairs to begin with.

He might have been a perfect combination of divine and man but he wasn't a perfect man...

My point is he can't be man if he doesn't sin. That's a prerequisite. Hell, for Catholics it's a bigger paradox because the whole notion of original sin. Original sin is a prerequisite to be a man. That's the whole point of the ritual of baptism to cleanse yourself of man's sin. Therefore, if he didn't have any, he wasn't a man.

Also, I would contend that if born of a virgin he wasn't a man either since there was no sperm-egg. So I guess that leaves us with alien or purely divine.

Dick Bull
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Slag, I believe with your pic and text that your sig is to big.

I second that motion

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:10 PM
I second that motion

I third it, but there's many people's who don't fit.

stevieray
04-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Ah, so the virgin birth does provide a loophole. ROFL

The backbending that goes on.

no, this would be your bigotry exposing itself.

Sin is passed down through the father..even though Eve sinned first, sin didn't enter the world through her...It entered through Adam.

Which makes sense because man is the one carrying and planting his seed.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:20 PM
no, this would be your bigotry exposing itself.

Sin is passed down through the father..even though Eve sinned first, sin didn't enter the world through her...It entered through Adam.

Which makes sense because man is the one carrying and planting his seed.

Is this serious?

Mecca
04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Just remember Slag is the guy who told me I was a bad person for having anal sex with women unless I somehow had kids that way....I thought the whole purpose of it was to NOT have kids.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Just remember Slag is the guy who told me I was a bad person for having anal sex with women unless I somehow had kids that way....I thought the whole purpose of it was to NOT have kids.

You just like to eat babies.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 02:24 PM
You just like to eat babies.

They are quite tasty.

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 02:29 PM
wow..I thought I had heard it all

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 02:36 PM

To be man is to sin.

To be a man is not to sin, but to be a man after the Fall is...but, according to scripture, Jesus is the Word, and the Word existed from the beginning, so obviously before the Fall of Adam. It's really not a stretch if you believe that God can do anything, including show up on earth as one of us in all ways except sin...

**This is not Church teaching, this is just the way that I see it, by the way. I don't know how the Church would answer your paradox, though I think I'm on the right track with it...

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 02:37 PM
wow..I thought I had heard it all

Really? Are you like 200 years old?:D

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:38 PM
To be a man is not to sin, but to be a man after the Fall is...but, according to scripture, Jesus is the Word, and the Word existed from the beginning, so obviously before the Fall of Adam. It's really not a stretch if you believe that God can do anything, including show up on earth as one of us in all ways except sin...

No, it's not a stretch for sophisticated imaginary friends. But, at it's base level, and written word, Jesus came after the fall so at that time he cannot be man if he hasn't sinned or doesn't sin. Period. That's what it meant to be man. That's the whole point of the Genesis story: the fall of man and it's consequence.

**This is not Church teaching, this is just the way that I see it, by the way. I don't know how the Church would answer your paradox, though I think I'm on the right track with it...

I do think you are probably on track with their response, but that doesn't make up for the extreme backbending, twisting, contradicting, wiggling, etc needed to get to where they can make it all reconcile. Or appear to reconcile.

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 02:39 PM

heh no but I do work with criminals

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:41 PM
heh no but I do work with criminals

Have you actually heard the reason "God made me do it" on the job?

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Have you actually heard the reason "God made me do it" on the job?

no haven't encountered anyone who said that but did once have to deal with a guy who thought the aliens were in the courtroom to get him and called the judge a baby raper in the middle of his proceedings...

stevieray
04-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Is this serious?

do you have your dads last name?

Jesus is mentioned right after the fall.."born of a woman", telling us she provided his human nature.

InChiefsHell
04-19-2008, 02:47 PM
No, it's not a stretch for sophisticated imaginary friends. But, at it's base level, and written word, Jesus came after the fall so at that time he cannot be man if he hasn't sinned or doesn't sin. Period. That's what it meant to be man. That's the whole point of the Genesis story: the fall of man and it's consequence.

I do think you are probably on track with their response, but that doesn't make up for the extreme backbending, twisting, contradicting, wiggling, etc needed to get to where they can make it all reconcile. Or appear to reconcile.

I believe you have that for the most part correct. But, the story of the fall even prophesies of Jesus, saying to Eve that basically there will be enmity between her seed and the Devil. This is another long winded explanation, which you can see as back bending and twisting if you like I suppose.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
do you have your dads last name?

Jesus is mentioned right after the fall.."born of a woman", telling us she provided his human nature.

ROFL ROFL

You are seriously going to tell me that because we're a patriarchal society, it justifies Church teaching.

ROFL

You know no bounds and can't see your own back bending. Fine, go play with your virgin births... Who's sperm was it?

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 02:56 PM
no haven't encountered anyone who said that but did once have to deal with a guy who thought the aliens were in the courtroom to get him and called the judge a baby raper in the middle of his proceedings...

ROFL

Did he have to call order for laughing or did he burst out laughing too?

Skip Towne
04-19-2008, 02:57 PM

I am.

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
ROFL

Did he have to call order for laughing or did he burst out laughing too?

actually the judge turned really red in the face and got noticeably angry...kinda funny cause the guy was definitely loony, just how loony nobody was sure till he made it to the court room....the court stayed quiet and myself an another deputy just looked at each other like WTF...he was all chained up and not going anywhere but you could tell he was trying to break those handcuffs & chains with every ounce of strength he could muster

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I am.

Dirt called, time for dinner

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 03:03 PM
actually the judge turned really red in the face and got noticeably angry...kinda funny cause the guy was definitely loony, just how loony nobody was sure till he made it to the court room....the court stayed quiet and myself an another deputy just looked at each other like WTF...he was all chained up and not going anywhere but you could tell he was trying to break those handcuffs & chains with every ounce of strength he could muster

What was he in on?

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 03:07 PM
What was he in on?

petty theft & a warrant on a FTA in another jurisdiction...homeless drifting thru town, stole a bag o chips and a soda locked himself in the bathroom and consumed them...the owner of the store (think general store in a small town) called the local law and they hooked him and booked him...such a problem child the Sheriff himself bought him a bus ticket back to Texas and gave him $40

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 03:13 PM
petty theft & a warrant on a FTA in another jurisdiction...homeless drifting thru town, stole a bag o chips and a soda locked himself in the bathroom and consumed them...the owner of the store (think general store in a small town) called the local law and they hooked him and booked him...such a problem child the Sheriff himself bought him a bus ticket back to Texas and gave him $40

But that guy didn't have anything on a guy I almost tased...he was tearing at his mattress with a plastic spork, when I opened the cell he came charging at me with the spork I drew down on him and he started bouncing around telling me to "go ahead and shoot me like you did my wife"...when I finally got him calmed down enough to cuff him I asked him what he was doing he said his wife was inside the mattress and he was trying to save her, I then noticed he was covered in urine and asked him why and he said it was to cover his scent so the lions wouldn't get him:spock:

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 03:13 PM
no haven't encountered anyone who said that but did once have to deal with a guy who thought the aliens were in the courtroom to get him and called the judge a baby raper in the middle of his proceedings...Well, were they?

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Well, were they?
LMAO if they were there I was not aware, 'course I coulda been the only human in the room and not known it :eek:

BCD
04-19-2008, 03:38 PM
There is only one true Faith and thats the Catholic Church of which I am a Solider of - I will not Apologize for thisThis is just ignorant. :shake:

BCD
04-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Your church protects pedophiles. Nothing more really needs to be said.ROFL:clap:

SLAG
04-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I hate to bring it somewhat back on topic,

I want to leave all of you with the Pope's message he gave today.

GREETING OF POPE BENEDICT XVI
TO YOUNG PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
CHAPEL OF ST JOSEPH'S SEMINARY, DUNWOODIE
NEW YORK
19 APRIL 2008

Your Eminence,
Bishop Walsh,
Dear Friends,

I am very happy to have this opportunity to spend a brief moment with you. I thank Cardinal Egan for his welcome and especially thank your representatives for their kind words and for the gift of the drawing. Know that it is a special joy for me to be with you. Please give my greetings to your parents and family members, and your teachers and caregivers.

God has blessed you with life, and with differing talents and gifts. Through these you are able to serve him and society in various ways. While some people's contributions seem great and others' more modest, the witness value of our efforts is always a sign of hope for everyone.

Sometimes it is challenging to find a reason for what appears only as a difficulty to be overcome or even pain to be endured. Yet our faith helps us to break open the horizon beyond our own selves in order to see life as God does. God's unconditional love, which bathes every human individual, points to a meaning and purpose for all human life. Through his Cross, Jesus in fact draws us into his saving love (cf. Jn 12:32) and in so doing shows us the way ahead - the way of hope which transfigures us all, so that we too, become bearers of that hope and charity for others.

Dear friends, I encourage you all to pray every day for our world. There are so many intentions and people you can pray for, including those who have yet to come to know Jesus. And please do continue to pray for me. As you know I have just had another birthday. Time passes!

Thank you all again, including the Cathedral of Saint Patrick Young Singers and the members of the Archdiocesan Deaf Choir. As a sign of strength and peace and with great affection in our Lord, I impart to you and your families, teachers and caregivers my Apostolic Blessing.
He is absolutely right and it is applicable to EVERYONE, me, not the least of included. its easy to focus on peoples sinful nature and not enough on the talents and gifts God each one of us. I need to leave the Judging and condemning to the only one who has that power.

Thank you for Making me Humble.
If you want to Ask me any questions, Feel free to PM Me if you want to engage in sincere honest discussion about anything.

Pax Vobiscum

Christopher

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I hate to bring it somewhat back on topic,

I want to leave all of you with the Pope's message he gave today.

He is absolutely right and it is applicable to EVERYONE, me, not the least of included. its easy to focus on peoples sinful nature and not enough on the talents and gifts God each one of us. I need to leave the Judging and condemning to the only one who has that power.

Thank you for Making me Humble.
If you want to Ask me any questions, Feel free to PM Me if you want to engage in sincere honest discussion about anything.

Pax Vobiscum

Christopher

In other words:

Don't focus on the molesting part, focus on the bringing kids to Christ part.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2008, 04:03 PM
In other words:

To be molested :evil:

EyePod
04-19-2008, 04:10 PM
You know, say what you say about Slag. This is the 3rd or 4th time that Eyepod has brought up total douchebaggery. He shouldn't be getting a pass. He's a drama queen.

I'm a drama queen? Really? OMG OMG OMG!!!

Really, when did I do anything like this before. I was just really pissed that this "Slag" thinks he is better than anyone who is gay or likes to have sex. I think he deserves AIDS more than anyone else.

EyePod
04-19-2008, 04:11 PM
In other words:

HAHAHA, With Hitler, don't focus on the killing of millions of Jews, just focus on the uniting Germany part (of course besides the German Jews).

EyePod
04-19-2008, 04:12 PM

Wow, Braincase, I love when I find a Catholic who isn't an idiot!! Normally, the only non-idiot Catholics are either priests or nuns. WTG and keep up the good work!

Guru
04-19-2008, 04:17 PM
And herein lies the rub.

It's probably just the people within that region.

I have been to several different Catholic churches and have only found one that truly makes me comfortable. They changed priests on me and I had to move to another where I am comfortable again. It is just finding the right group of people to be around. Plain and simple.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2008, 04:18 PM
It's probably just the people within that region.

I have been to several different Catholic churches and have only found one that truly makes me comfortable. They changed priests on me and I had to move to another where I am comfortable again. It is just finding the right group of people to be around. Plain and simple.

Well, I was eleven years old and didn't have that luxury.

EyePod
04-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I really can't wait till SLAG's daughters get pregnant when they're young and un-married. They are gonna go overboard because of their repressed sexual sides.

Guru
04-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, I was eleven years old and didn't have that luxury.

Understood. That stinks too. I have been fortunate in my kids experiences so far. They are surrounded very good kids and the parents have been great as well.

Based on this thread, I sure am glad we don't have to deal with the KC area catholic schools.

Halfcan
04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
wow another Chiefs Planet slap fight-yawn

EyePod
04-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that SLAG is the fan of a team representing the leaders of groups of pagans who had a lot of fun killing Christians? GO CHIEFS!!!!

stevieray
04-19-2008, 04:52 PM
ROFL ROFL

You are seriously going to tell me that because we're a patriarchal society, it justifies Church teaching.

ROFL

You know no bounds and can't see your own back bending. Fine, go play with your virgin births... Who's sperm was it?

the only one backbending is you...you ask a question, only to ridicule the answer...it is transparent..

bango
04-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I posted this before and I did not mean it. ****ing Papist and his Goddamn Paganism. I mean it now when it is concerning Slag and those just like him in all things not just religion. I wonder if he will give me some negative rep again. It is so sad to see someone who is that young be so insane.

Delano
04-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I posted this before and I did not mean it. ****ing Papist and his Goddamn Paganism. I mean it now when it is concerning Slag and those just like him in all things not just religion. I wonder if he will give me some negative rep again. It is so sad to see someone who is that young be so insane.

ROFL

You are almost as cool as SLAG.

Delano
04-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that SLAG is the fan of a team representing the leaders of groups of pagans who had a lot of fun killing Christians? GO CHIEFS!!!!

Not at all, actually.

Logical
04-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah and I never Claimed I was Going to Heaven buddy, It depends if I die with Moral Sin on my SoulYou would think a devout Catholic would know that it is mortal sin that is important not moral.:rolleyes:

Rausch
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
I really can't wait till SLAG's daughters get pregnant when they're young and un-married. They are gonna go overboard because of their repressed sexual sides.

No they won't.

They'll abandon all contact and move on with their lives. Or they won't tell him and they'll just abort. Or they'll rebel and end up getting kicked out or running off.

You pick an option but all of them end up with him being left alone with his hate...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm a drama queen? Really? OMG OMG OMG!!!

Really, when did I do anything like this before. I was just really pissed that this "Slag" thinks he is better than anyone who is gay or likes to have sex. I think he deserves AIDS more than anyone else.

When the search function is restored, I'll be more than happy to find your rant over a misspelled word. You lit that poor sonbitch up. Why? Over a misspelled word? I'm sure I'm not the only one that remembers it. It was downright strange.

Other than that, be pissed at Slag. That's your business. The drama queen part came from feeling the need to actually start a thread over a cp member's douchebaggery. There's a lot of it that goes around, thank God we don't have a thread for all of it.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 06:07 PM

LMAO That, and to cover your dick in shit.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
the only one backbending is you...you ask a question, only to ridicule the answer...it is transparent..

How am I backbending? You're the one contradicting, conjuring and wiggling away from a big contradiction.

Hell yes I'm going to ridicule the answer when it isn't truthful and is absurd.

And the only thing that's transparent is when you post about other posts being transparent. King of projection.

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
its easy to focus on peoples sinful nature and not enough on the talents and gifts God each one of us. yase

stop that

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:23 PM
yase

stop that

This offseason is boring me.

Post something bizarre Dr. Strange...

Guru
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
How am I backbending? You're the one contradicting, conjuring and wiggling away from a big contradiction.

Hell yes I'm going to ridicule the answer when it isn't truthful and is absurd.

And the only thing that's transparent is when you post about other posts being transparent. King of projection.

Come on man. Lets not attack beliefs. Just state that you don't believe in that particular version of things. Just because you may not have the same beliefs as I do not mean that I don't respect your beliefs. I know you were directing this at Slag but it really goes after all people that believe that.

Logical
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM

If you are HONESTLY and GENUINELY interested in this we can Discuss this via P.M or you can contact a Catholic Priest or call Catholic Answers at : 619-387-7200Hey that Number is in San Diego Kalifornia, you know the land of the fruits and nuts.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Come on man. Lets not attack beliefs. Just state that you don't believe in that particular version of things. Just because you may not have the same beliefs as I do not mean that I don't respect your beliefs. I know you were directing this at Slag but it really goes after all people that believe that.

Well, see we have a difference of opinion here too. There are some beliefs that don't deserve respect. A good example of society saying this is Scientology. Are we to respect those beliefs? Certainly not.

Moreover, it was directed towards stevie who is a shade below SLAG on indoctrination. He calls people for projecting and always projects, himself.

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 06:38 PM
This offseason is boring me.

Post something bizarre Dr. Strange...Now listen: This ain't no make believe!

http://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gifhttp://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gifhttp://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gifhttp://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gif

http://i29.tinypic.com/n2xxlg.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gifhttp://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gifhttp://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gifhttp://i30.tinypic.com/faou9v.gif

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey that Number is in San Diego Kalifornia, you know the land of the fruits and nuts.

Well, that makes all the sense in the world to me...

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Now listen: This ain't no make believe!

http://i29.tinypic.com/n2xxlg.jpg

I'm not asking for your private pr0n stash. 1 and 3 were bunk hits.

2 however, made me ****ing break a giggle. You win.

Logical
04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Is this serious?Don't waste your time Stevieray has no feeling of need to live in a rationale world.

Pic
04-19-2008, 06:45 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/used/phelps.jpg

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Don't waste your time Stevieray has no feeling of need to live in a rationale world.

If there's an escape hatch let me know.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:47 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/used/phelps.jpg

Aimed at whom?

Guru
04-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, see we have a difference of opinion here too. There are some beliefs that don't deserve respect. A good example of society saying this is Scientology. Are we to respect those beliefs? Certainly not.

Moreover, it was directed towards stevie who is a shade below SLAG on indoctrination. He calls people for projecting and always projects, himself.

I don't agree with Scientology at all but if it makes them happy then I am happy for them. As long as they don't personally come after me for my beliefs. I just know what I believe, what my family and friends believe. Everyones happy. Just keep Tom Cruise out of my house. heh

Guru
04-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Aimed at whom?

They should change that pic to say geriatric NEVER WAS been.

Pic
04-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Aimed at whom?

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/cults.jpg

"Bob" Dobbs
04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
This threads like 9 hours old, yet there have been no calls to banish it to DC/HL. This place really HAS lost it's burst.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't agree with Scientology at all but if it makes them happy then I am happy for them. As long as they don't personally come after me for my beliefs. I just know what I believe, what my family and friends believe. Everyones happy. Just keep Tom Cruise out of my house. heh

Well, don't pretend that you respect their beliefs then. Just admit you're willing to respect people and be happy with that. "Yeah, I think the fact that you believe Superman is real bothers me but outside of that you're a pretty good guy."

It's ironic how the only people who say they respect other people's beliefs are the people who deeply believe you're FOS...

alanm
04-19-2008, 06:54 PM
This threads like 9 hours old, yet there have been no calls to banish it to DC/HL. This place really HAS lost it's burst.
I'm Catholic and I wouldn't even spend 9 minutes in serious discussion. :shake:

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:55 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/cults.jpg

Has someone left you with the assumption that I can't ****ing read or do you just feel that you're above typing?

There are, at present, two arguments going on. The Stevieray argument and the SLAG argument.

So you're trying to hammer?...

Pic
04-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Has someone left you with the assumption that I can't ****ing read or do you just feel that you're above typing?

There are, at present, two arguments going on. The Stevieray argument and the SLAG argument.

So you're trying to hammer?...

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/forget.jpg

Bowser
04-19-2008, 07:03 PM
another allen thread

LMAO

kstater
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Pic=Blueballs

Blueballs=???

Guru
04-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Well, don't pretend that you respect their beliefs then. Just admit you're willing to respect people and be happy with that. "Yeah, I think the fact that you believe Superman is real bothers me but outside of that you're a pretty good guy."

It's ironic how the only people who say they respect other people's beliefs are the people who deeply believe you're FOS...
When did I say anyone was FOS?

JohnnyV13
04-19-2008, 07:19 PM

Unfortunately, I think history proves that even a devout catholic should not entirely trust the church. Even if you accept the doctrines the church has defined as infallible, the church has (at times) applied these doctrines in erroneous ways.

I guess I'd like to think that, during the Crusades, I would not have happily slaughtered Muslims to save their souls. I would like to believe I would have realized that killing others for God's sake is an inherently questionable practice. Of course, if you do not question the Church, you would not have the opportunity to make such a choice.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
another allen thread

LMAO

LMAO I didn't notice it.

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm not asking for your private pr0n stash. 1 and 3 were bunk hits.

2 however, made me ****ing break a giggle. You win.I just want to be, want to be loved.

penchief
04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I've tried to read several posts in this thread and it seems like I can't figure out what the big deal is about. However, I will say that life is precious. And it seems to me that the most precious lives are the ones that are alive and breathing. And that leads me to believe that bigotry and hatred are more detrimental to humanity than the ideal of, "live and let live as long as you do no harm."

Logical
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Don't waste your time Stevieray has no feeling of need to live in a rationale world.
By the way this sort of sounds like a slam towards Stevie, it was not meant to be. I was serious when I say Stevie feels no constraints of rationale due to his religious beliefs. I am sure he is not the only one on this BB.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:06 PM
When did I say anyone was FOS?

Do you have to?

You can't respect a belief you disagree with or just think is hogwash. You can agree to respect that person despite his beliefs...

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:08 PM
In other words:

This is meant as an honest and sincere question and I hope it is taken as such....I have read your many responses and they seem very anti-religion. Is there a reason behind it?

If you would like you can send an IM rather than get into a long dissertation on this thread.

mmaddog

penchief
04-19-2008, 08:09 PM
By the way this sort of sounds like a slam towards Stevie, it was not meant to be. I was serious when I say Stevie feels no constraints of rationale due to his religious beliefs. I am sure he is not the only one on this BB.

Wait one moment......stevieray is religious? He's a Christian? You could have fooled me.

He's the first person to cast aspersions upon others in the form of derision. Is that the way a religious Christian would act?

IMO, If he's a Christian, I'm a right-wing republican.

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM

Why call him out and then sink to his level? That only makes you look bad?

mmaddog

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I just want to be, want to be loved.

I've eaten more shrooms than the smurfs have lived under but I've never before had teh ghey invade my fantasy time.

You get the guns, n00b beyotch!...

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6144/29395265xz8.jpg

Bowser
04-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I've eaten more shrooms than the smurfs have lived under but I've never before had them invade my fantasy time.

You get the guns, n00beyotch!...

Good god. I bet that guy has to hire out help to get his ass wiped.

penchief
04-19-2008, 08:13 PM
I've eaten more shrooms than the smurfs have lived under but I've never before had them invade my fantasy time.

You get the guns, n00beyotch!...

I could beat the shit out of that guy. I've done it before. Those dudes can't move. The trick is to not let them get hold of you.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I could beat the shit out of that guy. I've done it before. Those dudes can't move. The trick is to not let them get hold of you.

Genius.

That, and perhaps use a gun...

Douche Baggins
04-19-2008, 08:17 PM
.I have read your many responses and they seem very anti-religion. Is there a reason behind it?

Some people loathe religion. Deal with it.

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:17 PM

OK....maybe it's just I am tired, but I am a little confused.

mmaddog

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 08:22 PM
This is meant as an honest and sincere question and I hope it is taken as such....I have read your many responses and they seem very anti-religion. Is there a reason behind it?

If you would like you can send an IM rather than get into a long dissertation on this thread.

mmaddog

I just started to think for myself - no subtle dig intended - and realized how much crap the Catholic Church was full of and then it just kept broadening until it was religion itself.

Add that to the fact that they continually assault reason, science, government and every day life, and you get me irritated at the whole concept.

Thig Lyfe
04-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Enough of this bickering, y'all!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8BxEAudsb9c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8BxEAudsb9c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Now let's all agree that God is a lie, grab a cheeseburger and get along!

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Some people loathe religion. Deal with it.

:ZZZ:

mmaddog

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Wait one moment......stevieray is religious? He's a Christian? You could have fooled me.

He's the first person to cast aspersions upon others in the form of derision. Is that the way a religious Christian would act?

IMO, If he's a Christian, I'm a right-wing republican.

He's the king of projection and judgement.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:26 PM
OK....maybe it's just I am tired, but I am a little confused.

mmaddog

"You should respect their beliefs."

Rausch theory: once you look at a person's beliefs and truly believe they're FOS you don't have respect for them (beliefs.) You just don't.

People you can have respect for. You can understand a person is going through a tough phase, doesn't know who they are, young, etc. You can forgive that and tolerate it. We all do.

But at heart you still know their beliefs aren't worth wasting time on and are a gross insult to logic. You do. You don't say it, but you think it. You don't insult a person but you also don't honestly respect the belief they hold either. I'm just tossing forth the idea that you should quit saying you respect a belief you DON'T should end. It's disenguous and does nothing to further any amicable dialogue...

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 08:29 PM

Rausch theory: once you look at a person's beliefs and truly believe they're FOS you don't have respect for them (beliefs.) You just don't.

People you can have respect for. You can understand a person is going through a tough phase, doesn't know who they are, young, etc. You can forgive that and tolerate it. We all do.

But at heart you still know their beliefs aren't worth wasting time on and are a gross insult to logic. You do. You don't say it, but you think it. You don't insult a person but you also don't honestly respect the belief they hold either. I'm just tossing forth the idea that you should quit saying you respect a belief you DON'T should end. It's disenguous and does nothing to further any amicable dialogue...

And then you have the funny and hypocritical line of Scientology and Phelps' crew. It's all fun and games until someone insults your view.

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I just started to think for myself - no subtle dig intended - and realized how much crap the Catholic Church was full of and then it just kept broadening until it was religion itself.

Add that to the fact that they continually assault reason, science, government and every day life, and you get me irritated at the whole concept.

I can agree with your belief that some organized religions test the boundaries of good taste and reason, and could lead even the most reasonable person to reject their philosophies.

I guess I find myself focused on the real message and filter out the rest.

mmaddog

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I can agree with your belief that some organized religions test the boundaries of good taste and reason, and could lead even the most reasonable person to reject their philosophies.

I guess I find myself focused on the real message and filter out the rest.

mmaddog

Well, see, I find the "real message" to be just as much FOS as the institution of religion (Churches etc)

Good philosophies but the Bible has some nasty shit in it that everyone just ignores.

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:36 PM

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.....or maybe I should read this in the morning when I am less tired.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:38 PM
And then you have the funny and hypocritical line of Scientology and Phelps' crew. It's all fun and games until someone insults your view.

If you liked them, you should read a little more about the Moonies....

mmaddog

Douche Baggins
04-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I can agree with your belief that some organized religions test the boundaries of good taste and reasoN

And some of them force 16-year old girls to have babies...

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, see, I find the "real message" to be just as much FOS as the institution of religion (Churches etc)

Good philosophies but the Bible has some nasty shit in it that everyone just ignores.

And you are entitled to your opinion...but please don't insult others because you disagree.

mmaddog

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 09:15 PM
And you are entitled to your opinion...but please don't insult others because you disagree.

mmaddog

Again, insulting the belief is not insulting the person.

Guru
04-19-2008, 09:20 PM

sorry you feel that way. We will have to agree to disagree on that though.

Mosbonian
04-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Again, insulting the belief is not insulting the person.

I agree....but a few times you have insulted the person.

mmaddog

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I agree....but a few times you have insulted the person.

mmaddog

Please tell me when. Calling out the person for projecting is hardly insulting the person.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:15 PM
sorry you feel that way. We will have to agree to disagree on that though.

So Phelps', Scientologists, people who believe 2+2=5 and many other inane beliefs are just fine and to call those beliefs into question is to insult the person?

KcMizzou
04-19-2008, 11:22 PM

But at heart you still know their beliefs aren't worth wasting time on and are a gross insult to logic. You do. You don't say it, but you think it. You don't insult a person but you also don't honestly respect the belief they hold either. I'm just tossing forth the idea that you should quit saying you respect a belief you DON'T should end. It's disenguous and does nothing to further any amicable dialogue...I get what you're saying. I'd say by definition it's impossible to respect beliefs that you don't... ummm... believe in.

When you say you're respecting someone's beliefs... what you're really saying is that you either respect the person enough to not tackle that issue... or that you just know it's a dead end, and it's not worth bothering with.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Private messages should remain private under all circumstances or they should be disabled entirely, IMHO.

Douche Baggins
04-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Private messages should remain private under all circumstances or they should be disabled entirely, IMHO.

Are you talking to me? Those were rep comments.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:27 PM

I haven't seen a PM yet.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Are you talking to me? Those were rep comments.

No. I was addressing the original premise of the thread. I really couldn't care less about you.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:29 PM
No. I was addressing the original premise of the thread. I really couldn't care less about you.

What part of the OP is a PM?

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2008, 11:33 PM
What part of the OP is a PM?

It was "rep," then?

I don't draw any distinction between the two.

Maybe I missed something

BigRedChief
04-19-2008, 11:37 PM

Just wondering is all.
Sorry dude. Thats got to suck so bad.:shake:

AIDs is not a curse from God. Your brothers example should blow that misrepresentation from anyones mind.

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
To be clear, I don't agree with Slag's position on homosexuality.

To be even more clear, it appears that the thread starter feel a need to solidify his or her position by sharing private conversation.

That seems to me to be against the spirit of PMs, rep, or whatever else is available that he or she felt the need to share.

If he/she is simply responding to a comment in an existing thread, then that's the place to rebut.

Adept Havelock
04-19-2008, 11:46 PM

I can respect that position. For myself, just because one person has the right to send a message privately, I may not feel like accepting a forced obligation from them to maintain that privacy. If it had been mutually agreed upon first, that's one thing, but I see no obligation on my part to recognize an expectation of privacy for an unsolicited PM or rep comment.

Put another way, if someone threatens or insults me in a PM, I don't feel any obligation to keep that private merely because they were too much of a coward to say it in public.

Granted, my willingness to do so will likely relate almost directly to the high or low esteem in which I hold the poster who sent an unsolicited PM.

JMO.

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 11:47 PM
I've eaten more shrooms than the smurfs have lived under but I've never before had teh ghey invade my fantasy time.

You get the guns, n00b beyotch!...

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6144/29395265xz8.jpgDON'T QUESTION THE FIRE THAT BURNS INSIDE!

http://i25.tinypic.com/33z7i95.jpg

ClevelandBronco
04-19-2008, 11:57 PM
I can respect that position. For myself, just because one person has the right to send a message privately, I may not feel like accepting a forced obligation from them to maintain that privacy. If it had been mutually agreed upon first, that's one thing, but I see no obligation on my part to recognize an expectation of privacy for an unsolicited PM or rep comment.

Put another way, if someone threatens or insults me in a PM, I don't feel any obligation to keep that private merely because they were too much of a coward to say it in public.

Granted, my willingness to do so will likely relate almost directly to the high or low esteem in which I hold the poster who sent an unsolicited PM.

JMO.

I will not speak publicly about a rep comment nor a PM. You are free to handle the matter differently, of course.

irishjayhawk
04-19-2008, 11:58 PM

JMO.

So I'm a dead duck? ;)

BigRedChief
04-20-2008, 12:00 AM
To be clear, I don't agree with Slag's position on homosexuality.
That AIDS is a curse on humanity for homsexuals?

I've met Slag in person. He seemed like an okay dude but we usually don't discuss religion and politics at Planet gatherings.

There is a social stigma to announcing/publishing private PM's or rep in the lounge in place. It's a rare thing that it becomes public.

KcMizzou
04-20-2008, 12:02 AM
T
There is a social stigma to announcing private PM's or rep in place. It's a rare thing that it becomes public.There's a reason they're called "private" messages. I'm not so clear on the rep comment thing.

BigRedChief
04-20-2008, 12:05 AM
There's a reason they're called "private" messages. I'm not so clear on the rep comment thing.
People complaining in the lounge about neg rep. They usually suffer a beatdown regardless of the "rightful" position in their issue.

irishjayhawk
04-20-2008, 12:08 AM
People complaining in the lounge about neg rep. They usually suffer a beatdown regardless of the "rightful" position in their issue.

True, but I think this one might just be bad enough...

KcMizzou
04-20-2008, 12:11 AM
People complaining in the lounge about neg rep. They usually suffer a beatdown regardless of the "rightful" position in their issue.Oh yeah.

I think it's more about abusing a guy who's thin skinned enough to let "rep" bother him. It's usually more about mocking him for being a pussy... than berating him for posting private conversations.

Bugeater
04-20-2008, 12:12 AM
There's a reason they're called "private" messages. I'm not so clear on the rep comment thing.

If they're funny, I don't see a problem with posting rep comments. If someone is butthurt, well we've all seen how that goes, usually not well. IMO this particular one is in a gray area, it's not like SLAG just called him a dick or something like that, what he said is pretty ****ed up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
I want to fight the pope. There, I said it.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2008, 12:49 AM

He's 80.

Advantage - Hamas

SLAG
04-20-2008, 12:52 AM
He's 80.

Advantage - Hamas

Hes 81

BigRedChief
04-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I've never met you in person because you never attend my tailgate or a Planet gathering but I got $20 bucks that says you can take him.

Dick Bull
04-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Hes 81

I'd believe you, but I've heard you were an appalling bigot

appalling bigots cannot count

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Hes 81

Oh, then advantage - Pope.

Because I'm guessing he passes this year, thus bringing about the end of the world.

Sorry, Hamas. You were a year too late.

BigRedChief
04-20-2008, 12:59 AM
I'd believe you, but I've heard you were an appalling bigot

appalling bigots cannot count
Nominee for most appalling bigot of all time
http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/upload/2006/12/jerry_falwell.jpg

Ultra Peanut
04-20-2008, 01:02 AM
YOU LOOK LIKE NEXT BIG BOY

BigRedChief
04-20-2008, 01:02 AM