PDA

View Full Version : Kill the tickets forum?

DaFace
04-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Now that we've got the prefixes, you can just look for ticket threads using the filter. Combine that with the fact that ticket threads are nearly ignored in their existing forum, and that tells me that the tickets forum is near the end of its useful life.

So...is it OK if I merge the Tickets forum into the Lounge?

DenverChief
04-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Interesting question....maybe since old ticket threads are "useless" they could just be deleted...although would that effect postcount?

ChiefsFan4Life
04-19-2008, 07:00 PM
What's the harm in leaving it?

No offense, but I think you're going a little crazy with all of the changes here

Why don't we wait until the season goes to see if it gets any action and then ask again at that time

Bowser
04-19-2008, 07:05 PM
How much does it clutter up CP in terms of performance, Face?

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
There's a tickets forum?

DaFace
04-19-2008, 07:08 PM

No offense, but I think you're going a little crazy with all of the changes here

Why don't we wait until the season goes to see if it gets any action and then ask again at that time

As a former user of the forum, the "harm" is that none of the regulars actually look in that forum, so it just sits there doing nothing all the time. Even in the season, there are rarely more than 5-10 threads in there per month. That's why threads like BigRedChief's "sharing season tickets" thread are put in the Lounge. That just seems pointless to me.

But if people would rather it stay, I've got no issue with it.

DaFace
04-19-2008, 07:09 PM
How much does it clutter up CP in terms of performance, Face?

Performance? Eh, not much probably. The main thing is that I think people would get more exposure if they were just put in the Lounge.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I actually paid $3.43 but close enough. Oh. Whatever. I don't use it, but if I lived in KC I'd want it available.

Guru
04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Performance? Eh, not much probably. The main thing is that I think people would get more exposure if they were just put in the Lounge.

I would agree with that.

Guru
04-19-2008, 07:13 PM

First users gripe about the lack of hands on. Now somebody is actually trying to make improvements and asking input and you want to gripe about that.

Can't have it both ways.

I like that Face is taking such an interest in the site AND our opinions.

DaFace
04-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Also, if it's not clear how these "prefix" things work, you could always click on the Tickets filter at the bottom of the Lounge to see all the threads marked as Tickets.

Or you could just bookmark this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=1&page=1&pp=25&prefixid=Tickets&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=2

Rausch
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Do it.

There's no way I would have paid $20 a seat for last year's abortion but with a new year comes hope. If someone needs to dump some tickets I'd prefer to know that and the info when I click my CP booky.

No one was thinking about clicking a link to get seats last year but if something cheap came up this year when I logged on it might be worth fighting with the wife for.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
First users gripe about the lack of hands on. Now somebody is actually trying to make improvements and asking input and you want to gripe about that.

Can't have it both ways.

Yeah. He's not going around just making changes according to his tastes. He's asking questions. What's wrong with that?

Rausch
04-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Also, if it's not clear how these "prefix" things work, you could always click on the Tickets filter at the bottom of the Lounge to see all the threads marked as Tickets.

Or you could just bookmark this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=1&page=1&pp=25&prefixid=Tickets&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=2

OR, it could easily be a permanent sticky at the top of the forum...:D

DaFace
04-19-2008, 07:23 PM
OR, it could easily be a permanent sticky at the top of the forum...:D

Heh...you've got a point. We could actually change the link under "Forums" at the top to just direct to the filtered-tickets view. If we do kill the forum, that's probably a good idea.

88TG88
04-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Make it a 88TG88 appreciation forum.

DaFace
04-19-2008, 07:27 PM

Can't have it both ways.

I was definitely one of those griping about how things never got done, so I'm just trying to put my time where my mouth was, so to speak. However, I don't want to alienate people by changing too much too fast either, so I appreciate the feedback.

My goal is that the changes made are actually more useful ways of doing things - not just changes that are made because it's fun to make changes.

Smed1065
04-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Make it a 88TG88 appreciation forum.

I thought they wanted something that was going to be used more............

ROFL

88TG88
04-19-2008, 07:43 PM
I thought they wanted something that was going to be used more............

ROFL

:deevee::huh:

StcChief
04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
treat it like "DRAFT PLANET" in offseason mode, resurrect it after the draft?

DaFace
04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
treat it like "DRAFT PLANET" in offseason mode, resurrect it after the draft?

Eh, I think I'm just ahead of myself a bit. If I had my way, Draft Planet would probably go away next year as well, since you can just click on the draft icons and see all the draft threads in one nice little place anyway.

We'll see how people like the icons. If people get the hang of them, I might lobby for killing some subforums. For now, I think I'll just leave things as-is.