PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Is This Herm's Draft or Carl's

petegz28
04-19-2008, 08:01 PM
We heard the rumors that dickead Peterson will have less to do with who we draft. Is this BS? PErsonally I can't take him anymore. I listened to about 2 mins of the presser Friday before I had to turn it off. The man is a total dick and has single handedly ****ed this team.

So anyway is Carl going to do the ultimate **** job before he leaves and screw our biggest draft ever (i think)?

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Outside of the LJ pick there's no reason to assume Carl has ever had a heavy hand in the draft. He's always delegated down.

blueballs
04-19-2008, 08:04 PM
His duties should be slowing delegated elsewhere
as his last(his words) contract comes to a close
-typing with crossed fingers

petegz28
04-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Outside of the LJ pick there's no reason to assume Carl has ever had a heavy hand in the draft. He's always delegated down.

If you say so. Maybe the question I should ask is "will Carl piss off another player we draft so they leave as soon as their first contract is up?"

stlchiefs
04-19-2008, 08:06 PM
In the presser Carl stated that the decisions are made as a group, but in the end the decision is his and if a consensus is not reached, once again the decision is his. He said that's how it has been since Lamar hired me and that's how it is now.

petegz28
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM
In the presser Carl stated that the decisions are made as a group, but in the end the decision is his and if a consensus is not reached, once again the decision is his. He said that's how it has been since Lamar hired me and that's how it is now.

No wonder he hasn't won shit in 18 years. :eek:

keg in kc
04-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I think it's pretty evident the 2006 and 2007 draft were Herm drafts, so I don't see why 2008 would be any different.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:17 PM
If you say so. Maybe the question I should ask is "will Carl piss off another player we draft so they leave as soon as their first contract is up?"

Well, in that instance I'd say yes...

Count Zarth
04-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I think it's pretty evident the 2006 and 2007 draft were Herm drafts, so I don't see why 2008 would be any different.

Carl still gets his say.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/justin_medlock.jpg

stlchiefs
04-19-2008, 08:23 PM
A black kicker. sheesh. Come on, even J Whit knows that that's still a white man's position in the NFL. We all knew that was bound to be a failure. (tongue in cheek)

stlchiefs
04-19-2008, 08:33 PM

Everyone is wanting/hoping that Herm has control. I still question why Herm is seen as some kind of draft guru around here. He's averaging 2-3 good players per draft and even that is questionable. Page, Pollard and Croyle are questionable as are Tank and Turk. Take those guys away and our first round draft picks are the only guarantees after 2 years. Even an unvaccinated, Catholic, midget could do that. :D

I think the only thing Herm really does different that people like is that he gives younger players a chance to play, improve and possible show themselves. This does not always mean the players was/is any good. Just my opinion, but I don't see Herm's drafts as being any different than the Chiefs drafts from the previous 20 years.

2005 (Pre-Herm): DJ, Colquitt
2006 (Herm): Hali, Page, Pollard, Croyle
2007 (Herm): Bowe, Tank, Turk

StcChief
04-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Herm and coaches justify. Carl could override....

blueballs
04-19-2008, 09:45 PM
instead of picking in the middle of the pack -as usual
it's near the top of the rounds
that should make all the difference