PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has Clark Hunt taken over the JA negotiations?

Direckshun
04-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Via ArrowheadPride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/):

The latest news from klg1, one of the moderators on the Warpaint Illustrated board is that Clark Hunt has taken over the negotiations and is going to make Jared an offer to stay with the Chiefs. If Jared insists on being traded, the rumor is Clark is going to demand a 1st & 2nd this year and a 2nd next year as well. Again, this is all rumor, but WI seems to have a source inside the Chiefs organization.

mlyonsd
04-20-2008, 11:47 AM
How does making an offer before MN does make any sense? If our offer is higher than it just gives Allen more leverage with MN. If it's lower I don't see how it does the Chiefs any good.

I don't get it.

stlchiefs
04-20-2008, 11:48 AM
You realize the source you are quoting? The editor over there can't even hit his predictions and you are quoting an unpaid moderator.

Crazier things have happened but hell I may as well start citing my dog as a source on here anymore.

mlyonsd
04-20-2008, 11:51 AM
You realize the source you are quoting? The editor over there can't even hit his predictions and you are quoting an unpaid moderator.

Crazier things have happened but hell I may as well start citing my dog as a source on here anymore.

Maybe your dog could help out in the Chief's war room on draft day.

Adept Havelock
04-20-2008, 11:53 AM

They could try something like the crazy guy I read about a number of years ago. He laid out the Stock Market papers from the newspaper on the floor, and bought or sold depending on where one of his dog's claws landed.

I have a hard time believing it would be less effective than Carl Peterson.

siberian khatru
04-20-2008, 11:54 AM
They could try something like the crazy guy I read about a number of years ago. He laid out the Stock Market papers from the newspaper on the floor, and bought or sold depending on where one of his dog's claws landed.

Maybe we could lay Carl Peterson on the floor and have the dog piss on him.

stlchiefs
04-20-2008, 11:55 AM

She does a pretty good job of leaving "clusters" in the yard, I think she'd fit right in with the Chiefs draft system.

blueballs
04-20-2008, 11:56 AM
War Paint was a horse
don't pick up any of it's droppings

milkman
04-20-2008, 11:56 AM
How does making an offer before MN does make any sense? If our offer is higher than it just gives Allen more leverage with MN. If it's lower I don't see how it does the Chiefs any good.

I don't get it.

If there's any truth to this (highly doubtful, given the source), it tells the Vikings that the Chiefs will not simply hand Allen over to them.

The Chiefs will either get him signed, or they will get what the want from the Vikings, or the Vikings will simply have to sign him and give up the two firsts that a franchise player requires.

mlyonsd
04-20-2008, 12:06 PM

That's close the the picture I had in my head, although I was thinking they'd hold up pictures of draft prospects and count how many times he barked at each.

Too bad Chithead from The Jerk is probably dead by now. He was a genius.

Adept Havelock
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Maybe we could lay Carl Peterson on the floor and have the dog piss on him.

I like this idea even better, as long as it's into open and weeping sores on his face.

Too bad Chithead from The Jerk is probably dead by now. He was a genius.

Good call.

CoMoChief
04-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Via ArrowheadPride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/):

WPI is hardly considered "a source" around here.

keg in kc
04-20-2008, 12:24 PM
If there's any truth to this (highly doubtful, given the source), it tells the Vikings that the Chiefs will not simply hand Allen over to them.

The Chiefs will either get him signed, or they will get what the want from the Vikings, or the Vikings will simply have to sign him and give up the two firsts that a franchise player requires.That's my thought, as well. It sounds like Minnesota's offer may not be what we want, so this is another tack to take.

Maybe it's genuine, and we're really trying to get a deal done. Something else just occurred to me that I can't believe I hadn't thought of before now:

What if Allen just doesn't want to play for a losing team for the next 4 years? We talk about all this bad blood, but what if something as simple as that is a factor. Maybe 4-12 made him ask himself "do I really want to be here?"

milkman
04-20-2008, 12:30 PM
That's my thought, as well. It sounds like Minnesota's offer may not be what we want, so this is another tack to take.

Maybe it's genuine, and we're really trying to get a deal done. Something else just occurred to me that I can't believe I hadn't thought of before now:

What if Allen just doesn't want to play for a losing team for the next 4 years? We talk about all this bad blood, but what if something as simple as that is a factor. Maybe 4-12 made him ask himself "do I really want to be here?"

I know this.

If I was playing for the Chiefs, and became a free agent, and I had the same amout of faith in Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards that I do as a fan, I couldn't wait to jump off that sinking ship.

mlyonsd
04-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I know this.

If I was playing for the Chiefs, and became a free agent, and I had the same amout of faith in Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards that I do as a fan, I couldn't wait to jump off that sinking ship.

Question I should probably know....if MN makes an offer to Allen after the draft do we have a chance to match it?

bowener
04-20-2008, 12:36 PM
The latest news from klg1, one of the moderators on the Warpaint Illustrated board is that Clark Hunt has taken over the negotiations and is going to make Jared an offer to stay with the Chiefs. If Jared insists on being traded, the rumor is Clark is going to demand a 1st & 2nd this year and a 2nd next year as well. Again, this is all rumor, but WI seems to have a source inside the Chiefs organization.

If this is trully the case I think it says more about king carls future than Jared Allens. It seems to me to say that Clark is showing he is the owner, knows JA is a star player, and thinks that CP can take a dick up the ass if he doesnt like JA... and CP will be gone after this year possibly??

I hope it is true, it gives me hope for the future that Hunt may actually give a shit and may actually try and be a part of the decisions and team. It only makes sense if you own a yacht (dingy in this case) you should have a say in its destination.

Skip Towne
04-20-2008, 12:49 PM
This is likely to start Super Bowl IV all over again.

dj56dt58
04-20-2008, 12:57 PM
As much as I would love to see Allen stay..how many times do you see a bad team trade a star for young players/draft picks and become contenders in a couple years?

Chief Wiggum
04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to this (although, WPI could just be making an educated guess). It's obvious that JA can't stand CP. If the Chiefs really are interested in keeping Allen, it only makes sense to have someone else handle the negotiations at this point - why add fuel to the fire with Carl there; he's had enough time to work this all out.

Also, at this point, I can't see MN not having the basic details of Jared's contract worked out - so in essence, we aren't making our offer before MN. Don't fool yourself, though, any offer made by anyone is going to be leveraged against all other interested party's offers. It's just the name of the game.

Fruit Ninja
04-20-2008, 01:02 PM
I really hope this is true. Carl likes to piss off just about every damned player. This would be good for the organization if Clark stepped up like this.

doomy3
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I know this.

Jared Allen has spoken very highly of Herm Edwards several times. His problem lies with one person, and that is Carl.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2008, 01:08 PM
i hope Hunt as taken over ........... not primarily for JA, but because it means that Clark now knows that Carl is a problem first hand.

KCChiefsFan88
04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
The latest news from klg1, one of the moderators on the Warpaint Illustrated board

The day Wargarbage Illustrated is accurate on a rumor is the day Dictator Carl wins a playoff game again.

Count Zarth
04-20-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't even know what Kenny (klg61) posted. I can't find anything. He hasn't even ever been involved with the reporting side of our website. I dunno where he's getting this unless Nick told him something. Does anyone have a link?

Count Zarth
04-20-2008, 02:09 PM
I dunno what the hell is going on. This isn't coming from Nick.

KC Tattoo
04-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't even know what Kenny (klg61) posted. I can't find anything. He hasn't even ever been involved with the reporting side of our website. I dunno where he's getting this unless Nick told him something. Does anyone have a link?

I do, but it is for insider use only, pay me $99.95 and I will share:D

alanm
04-20-2008, 02:23 PM

The Chiefs will either get him signed, or they will get what the want from the Vikings, or the Vikings will simply have to sign him and give up the two firsts that a franchise player requires.
If the Chiefs were really pissed with Allen they'd screw him over and the Vikings and trade him to Detroit. ROFL

Chiefnj2
04-20-2008, 02:27 PM
If the Chiefs were really pissed with Allen they'd screw him over and the Vikings and trade him to Detroit. ROFL

He's not under contract to trade.

Braincase
04-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Tell Mini-soda that if they take Jared, they have to take Carl, too. It's a package deal.

alanm
04-20-2008, 02:51 PM
He's not under contract to trade.
Since he's been franchised are the Chiefs not able to seek a trade also?

kstater
04-20-2008, 02:52 PM

I believe JA would have to sign a contract with the team he's traded to, otherwise the team would be trading a whole lot to get a player for 1 year.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Question I should probably know....if MN makes an offer to Allen after the draft do we have a chance to match it?

Sure. Understand who we're dealing with though. Minnesota signed Steve Hutchinson away from Seattle by putting a poison pill in his contract that Seattle COULDN'T match. Hutch was a transition player at the time so the price wasn't as steep. Anywho, the poison pill was this, if Steve played more than 7 games throughout the entirity of the 7 year contract in the state of Washington, the contract became fully guaranteed. Meaning that after 1 season of home games the Seahawks would've had to guarantee the last 6 years of the deal in full. It's bush league shit, but it's legal.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2008, 03:41 PM

No. He hasn't signed the tender and is not currently under contract with the Chiefs.

markk
04-20-2008, 03:46 PM
this is stupid. Why would Hunt try to sign him before at least seeing what Minnesota does?

I don't care if Jared Allen wants to play for a case of miller light a year, if Minnesota is willing to ship us two firsts by signing him to an offer sheet, we would be insane to try to keep him and turn that down

stlchiefs
04-20-2008, 05:43 PM

Get you boys under control over there Goatse.

Did the retard escape?

Count Zarth
04-20-2008, 07:23 PM
OK. From what I can tell, after talking to Kenny (klg61), he didn't report anything. Someone at Arrowhead Pride misinterpreted something he said on our board. It was only his opinion.

There's zero truth to this report. Clark Hunt has not taken over negotiations unless you hear it somewhere else.

Skip Towne
04-20-2008, 07:25 PM
WPI strikes again!!

cdcox
04-20-2008, 07:26 PM
OK. From what I can tell, after talking to Kenny (klg61), he didn't report anything. Someone at Arrowhead Pride misinterpreted something he said on our board. It was only his opinion.

There's zero truth to this report. Clark Hunt has not taken over negotiations unless you hear it somewhere else.

I heard that the "Allen deal is in Hunt's hands".

Count Zarth
04-20-2008, 07:27 PM
WPI strikes again!!

Skip, we didn't do anything. A user on our message board voiced an opinion. Someone on the Arrowhead Pride blog misinterpreted that opinion as fact.

Skip Towne
04-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Skip, we didn't do anything. A user on our message board voiced an opinion. Someone on the Arrowhead Pride blog misinterpreted that opinion as fact.

Hahahaha. Sounds like a "Boy who cried Wolf" deal.

J Diddy
04-20-2008, 07:30 PM
this is stupid. Why would Hunt try to sign him before at least seeing what Minnesota does?

I don't care if Jared Allen wants to play for a case of miller light a year, if Minnesota is willing to ship us two firsts by signing him to an offer sheet, we would be insane to try to keep him and turn that down

agreed,

but this is the chiefs

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2008, 07:40 PM

It doesn't matter: The entire report was BOGUS.

No truth, whatsoever.