PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs fans, now we know the despair of the last few years for Raider fans

Logical
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Sad, I am barely excited about the draft at all because I know there are far too many holes for one draft to fill. Well the good news is we should be at the top of next years draft as well and hopefully the excitement will be back.

The only question in my mind is how can you have the 5th pick in the draft and wonder if you are going to get a quality player.

With Carl unfortunately we cannot know we will succeed.:banghead:

noa
04-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm excited about the draft.

the Talking Can
04-21-2008, 03:52 PM
I am more excited about this draft than any I can ever remember.

markk
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
this will be the most entertaining draft ever. chiefs pick high, probably 3 times in the first two rounds, maybe four... and it's only 10 minutes between picks and not 20.

SBK
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I've been planning a draft party with my bro-in-law for 6 weeks now. We're both hoping it rains on Saturday so my nephews baseball game is rained out and we don't have to tivo the start....how pathetic is that?

Flustrated
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Who cares what kind of talent we get in the draft? By the time we have a competitive team again, their contracts will be up and Carl will decide to let em go. After all, isn't that what he's doing with Jarred? He's a good enough player to build a Defense around, and he's young enough to have many productive years remaining. As has been said so many times in the past: Until the Carl regime is over, the Chiefs are going nowhere.

Mecca
04-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Who cares what kind of talent we get in the draft? By the time we have a competitive team again, their contracts will be up and Carl will decide to let em go. After all, isn't that what he's doing with Jarred? He's a good enough player to build a Defense around, and he's young enough to have many productive years remaining. As has been said so many times in the past: Until the Carl regime is over, the Chiefs are going nowhere.

So they're gonna be alcoholics that can't behave off the field either and then blame the team for those downfalls?

Allens situation runs alot deeper than just being a player.

KCUnited
04-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Until I've had to roll up a hand towel, rubber band both ends, fill one end up with shaving cream, and microwave the whole thing for for 14 seconds, before I have to return to my cell, I'll never know the depair of a Raiders fan.

Chieficus
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Come on Logical... most people are a little depressed going into draft weekend; but geez--comparing us to Raiders fans??? Isn't that like a bannable offense or something?

:jester:

Adept Havelock
04-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Logical, you're way off base.

As bad as Carl and Herm are, we will never know the despair of having Al Davis as the team owner.

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
I am more excited about this draft than any I can ever remember.Seriously.

And the Raiders can at least say "we've been embarrassed in the Superbowl". We haven't gotten past "we were just embarrassed in our first playoff game" for what, 15 years running? And even that's only in the rare year where we actually make the playoffs.

They're finally going about things the right way here. We'll see if they can actually get the right players. I'm sorry for everybody who's happy with veteran castoffs and perpetually finishing .500.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Logical, you're way off base.

As bad as Carl and Herm are, we will never know the despair of having Al Davis as the team owner.

Didnt they go to a Super Bowl just 5 years ago??

When did Carl and Herm go to a Super Bowl????

Reerun_KC
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I would be a lot more excited if we had a GM and a NFL Coach... Right now, it seems we are in the dark years of the Chiefs again.

When Carl and Herm are gone, these last few years and however long they stay, should be stricken from the record books and history of this once proud franchise...

88TG88
04-21-2008, 04:47 PM
The only question in my mind is how can you have the 5th pick in the draft and wonder if you are going to get a quality player.

The faiders are wondering the exact same thing. They've screwed up more high draft picks than we have.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2008, 04:54 PM
When Carl and Herm are gone, these last few years and however long they stay, should be stricken from the record books and history of this once proud franchise...

Herm is no worse than Frank Ganz.

Adept Havelock
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Didnt they go to a Super Bowl just 5 years ago??

Yep, and got schooled almost as badly as we did by the Colts on a global stage. I'm not envious.

Carl and Herm suck, but having Al Davis as the owner of the Chiefs would have me looking for the nearest Euthanasia Center followed by processing into Soylent Green.

Rausch
04-21-2008, 08:14 PM
We need another QB, a WR, A CB, 3 lineman, and another DT. If we trade Allen throw in DE as well.

That seven, possibly 8 positions of need.

We have how many picks RIGHT NOW? With a possible 2 more if we lose Allen...

Ugly Duck
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM

Oh hey c'mon now.... Al Davis brought us to 5 SuperBowls & brought back 3 Lombardis. He just sold a chunk of the team to buy us some better players. We be knockin on the door once again soon. We may have our ups & downs... but at least we have our ups....

kcchiefsus
04-21-2008, 10:14 PM
The difference is we don't have a piece of shit like Al Davis running our franchise. I would take Carl Peterson as the GM over Al Davis.

RNR
04-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh hey c'mon now.... Al Davis brought us to 5 SuperBowls & brought back 3 Lombardis. He just sold a chunk of the team to buy us some better players. We be knockin on the door once again soon. We may have our ups & downs... but at least we have our ups....

I have worn the cap for all three rings! Yes there has been some real lean times but as you said we have had our moments! I would not trade the ride thats a fact.

Spectre
04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Your despair should actually be far worse than the Raiders. The Raiders know they are going to suck, but you dimwits actually seem to convince yourselfs that the Chiefs are any good.

tmax63
04-22-2008, 07:16 AM
The Chiefs have been trying the same formula for winning for 10-15 years and we all see where it got them. Now that their blowing things up and trying something different about as many people are bitching and whining. I really don't care who lit the detonator, just that it's been done and we're out of the mediocre rut the Chiefs have been stuck in. The Raiders have lost their minds and you can argue that they don't even have a plan other than paying way too much for questionable health/talent.

R&GHomer
04-22-2008, 09:02 AM
The Chiefs have been trying the same formula for winning for 10-15 years and we all see where it got them. Now that their blowing things up and trying something different about as many people are bitching and whining. I really don't care who lit the detonator, just that it's been done and we're out of the mediocre rut the Chiefs have been stuck in. The Raiders have lost their minds and you can argue that they don't even have a plan other than paying way too much for questionable health/talent.

:clap: I couldn't agree more

kcchiefsus
04-22-2008, 09:05 AM

You won't be knocking on the door of another super bowl as long as Al Davis is alive.

El Jefe
04-22-2008, 09:15 AM
I am more excited about this draft than any I can ever remember.

I am also, I guess that makes us :homer:

PhillyChiefFan
04-22-2008, 10:49 AM
I'll be at M & T sadium in Baltimore wearing a Chiefs Jersey...pray for me.

Ari Chi3fs
04-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Since the Mighty, Mighty Jayhawks won the National Championship... man it feels good to type that, I find myself less enraged at the Chiefs ineptness. I think that I have come to grips with the fact that at least I have ONE winning team.

I doubt I spend ANY money on the Chiefs this year. Probably won't go to any games... definitely won't be buying any jerseys... nothing.

Not until Carl is gone.

StcChief
04-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I'll be at M & T sadium in Baltimore wearing a Chiefs Jersey...pray for me.as they locals say "Who are they"?