PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs New Jared Allen News

royr17
04-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Here's a little update guys :

I read on the Kcstar message board, the vikings message board, and the warpaint illustarted message board that Jared Allen likes the contact that he has been offered by the Vikings.

All he is waiting for is for compensation to be settled before he signs the dotted line.

So I would just like to say my friends that Jared Allen will be a Viking by friday.

Feel free to comment.

royr17
04-21-2008, 04:29 PM
It was reported on 610 that the vikings have offered the chiefs there # 17 pick in the 1st round, there # 73 pick in 3rd round, and there 2nd rounder next year for Jared Allen.

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I see that I made the mistake of expecting news when I opened this thread.

KCUnited
04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
If Jared really likes the deal, we should wait for after the draft and force him to sign it. Then we control all the cards, to think JA would be willing to sit the year out in his prime is foolish. Right now the guy only gets a courtesy 10 secs on ESPN as it is because he is the sack leader, a year from nobody will be talking about him except the Star.

royr17
04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
I see that I made the mistake of expecting news when I opened this thread.

Ha Ha. Very Funny. :thumb:

Mecca
04-21-2008, 04:34 PM
If Jared really likes the deal, we should wait for after the draft and force him to sign it. Then we control all the cards, to think JA would be willing to sit the year out in his prime is foolish. Right now the guy only gets a courtesy 10 secs on ESPN as it is because he is the sack leader, a year from nobody will be talking about him except the Star.

Uh what? I'm not even sure what the hell you mean here.

royr17
04-21-2008, 04:35 PM
No we need to take the deal. We need players now. I'd take the 1st and 3rd and a 2nd next year, and then we could make a trade with baltimore from # 5 to # 8 and gain more draft picks. Then we could draft alot of help.

We need like 7 or 10 starters out of this draft.

Mecca
04-21-2008, 04:36 PM
If you trade down to 8 you pretty much acknowledge you want a blah OT or a LB with your first pick...

Direckshun
04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Stupid loopholes.

If he's just waiting to sign the dotted line, then we should be able to pick up two #1s right now.

KCUnited
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
If we reject the offer Jared signs then we get the 2 1st's. The initial rumors are that the offer from Minny is low. Depending on what happens in the draft, we can match, or we can reject, either way it works out best for us. There is no reason to make a decision before we actually know what he is worth on the market.

kstater
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Stupid loopholes.

If he's just waiting to sign the dotted line, then we should be able to pick up two #1s right now.

That's what I was thinking as well. Minnesota and JA should be very careful about what they say. If true, I would take this as an offer tendered.

Mecca
04-21-2008, 04:40 PM
He isn't going to sign a contract if they don't work out the trade, that's the point. He agrees to a deal before the trade but if there is no trade Minny pulls it, they will not give up 2 1sts.

LiL stumppy
04-21-2008, 04:41 PM
If I had a nickel every time I hear "New Jared Allen News" I could start my own business.

Direckshun
04-21-2008, 04:42 PM
He isn't going to sign a contract if they don't work out the trade, that's the point. He agrees to a deal before the trade but if there is no trade Minny pulls it, they will not give up 2 1sts.
I know why they're not going to do it. It makes sense.

I just dun likit.

KCUnited
04-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Why does JA care what Minny is willing to give up in picks? If he likes the contract, we should force the issue and see if its legit. Roll into the draft and put the pressure on them both.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd prefer to keep Jared, but three picks is too much to pass up on. Take the deal and move on.

catfish307
04-21-2008, 04:56 PM

How the hell will we get their first round pick this year if he signs after the draft? :shake:

KCUnited
04-21-2008, 04:59 PM
We won't. Talking about '09 and '10. Think about for just a bit.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2008, 05:02 PM
If Jared Allen is gonna take less money to go from one shitty team to another then **** him. I hope his career goes down in flames by whatever means neccessary.

OnTheWarpath58
04-21-2008, 05:04 PM
If Jared Allen is gonna take less money to go from one shitty team to another then **** him. I hope his career goes down in flames by whatever means neccessary.

If that doesn't speak volumes about him not wanting to be in KC, I don't know what does.

royr17
04-21-2008, 05:06 PM
If you trade down to 8 you pretty much acknowledge you want a blah OT or a LB with your first pick...

No I want us to trade down to 8 to take either Sedrick Ellis or Leondis McKelvin.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 05:07 PM
If that doesn't speak volumes about him not wanting to be in KC, I don't know what does.
If he signs their contract-we have the OPTION to match it-what the Hell are you all talking about? If he signs cheaper-we can MATCH, in fact we'll have SEVEN DAYS to mull it over-that's why they(Minny) are dragging their feet.

Pestilence
04-21-2008, 05:10 PM
If he signs their contract-we have the OPTION to match it-what the Hell are you all talking about? If he signs cheaper-we can MATCH, in fact we'll have SEVEN DAYS to mull it over-that's why they(Minny) are dragging their feet.

Ummm no. The Vikings aren't signing him to an offer sheet. They're working out a contract while we're working out the compensation for a trade. Totally different situation.

philfree
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Ummm no. The Vikings aren't signing him to an offer sheet. They're working out a contract while we're working out the compensation for a trade. Totally different situation.

Also if he signs the contract then we get two 1st rounders which they obviously don't want to give up.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Then they can put the poison pill like the one they gave Seattle for Steve Hutchinson. It'll read something along the lines of a 6 or 7 year deal, and if more than 10 games are played in the state of Missouri the whole contract will become guaranteed. We can't match that. We get their 09 and 10 first round picks.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Yea, I know that-, but some are talking like he signed a deal-he hasn't. He may have agreed in principle to a contract, but the Chiefs would have to agree to the compensation, which is what I'm hearing is the hold-up. Just trying to clear up the situation- I'll be clearer next time.

royr17
04-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Did anybody watch Sportscenter ?

I found this on the Vikings message forum that ESPN said that Jared Allen is still a chief but the deal is nearly completed ?

Anybody see it ?

OnTheWarpath58
04-21-2008, 05:17 PM

There are a TON of people, including yourself that are TERRIBLY confused as to what is actually going on.

He's NOT going to sign an offer sheet FIRST.

What he's doing, is trying to negotiate a contract, which he'll sign AFTER compensation has been agreed on between the Chiefs and Vikings and the trade is consummated.

Again - he's not looking to sign a contract BEFORE a trade happens. He's simply negotiating in the event that the trade of his rights is completed.

Ziggy Wilf has said on numerous occasions that they are NOT going to sign him to an offer sheet.

We're not going to have an option to match anything.

KCUnited
04-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Jared doesn't care what Minny has to give up for him. Minny won't let him sign until the trade terms are agreed upon. The Chiefs are in a position to force the issue. If JA doesn't sign with Minny before the draft then they're both shit out of luck, nice try. JA is the dumbest MF'er on the planet if he sits out next year. Lance Briggs said he'd never play another snap for the Chicago Bears, but look where he's at. Minny appears not want to offer big money because their sceptical, something the Chiefs iniciated with JA. Force the issue with them both, make him sign, choose whether or not you want to match, or demand something outrageous from Minny. Like Carl or not, we control, its extremely hard to get another teams franchise player.

CupidStunt
04-21-2008, 05:32 PM

Bull.

1- Long/Long
2- Long/Long
3- Dorsey
4- McFadden
5(BAL)- Ryan
6- Gholston
7- whoever
8- Ellis

Baltimore trading up for Ryan and KC getting Ellis is a dream scenario.

royr17
04-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Bull.

1- Long/Long
2- Long/Long
3- Dorsey
4- McFadden
5(BAL)- Ryan
6- Gholston
7- whoever
8- Ellis

Thats what I hope happens. Either pick Sedrick Ellis or Leodis McKelvin.

beach tribe
04-21-2008, 05:34 PM

Exactly. People haven't figured out that we haven't offered Jared shit. If we had the #s would be out there.
If Minny signs him to a reasonable sheet, you can bet your ass we will match it, and either we JA or two firsts.

I don't think CP is this smart, but he could vey well just be finding out what JA is worth.

Throw JA the same contract that the highest bidder throws, and he will change his tune. Just like Will Shields, Lance Briggs, Walter Jones, and on, and on, and on.

Mecca
04-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Cincy wants Ellis and if they get in a scenario 1 pick behind the Chiefs and I think NE would move out in a second so that's a giant risk...

royr17
04-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Well if we cant get Ellis, then try to fill a draft need by drafting CB Leodis McKelvin, we need another Cornerback

Mecca
04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Taking a CB first in a deep corner year in a cover 2 isn't really a good idea in my view.

McKelvin is also a man guy that struggles in zone, he just doesn't fit here.

royr17
04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Taking a CB first in a deep corner year in a cover 2 isn't really a good idea in my view.

McKelvin is also a man guy that struggles in zone, he just doesn't fit here.

If he doesnt fit here then why are the Chiefs visiting with him then ?

royr17
04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
The only corners I see to my liking in this draft is McKelvin, Jenkins, Cromartie, Talib, and Flowers.

SBK
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Cincy wants Ellis and if they get in a scenario 1 pick behind the Chiefs and I think NE would move out in a second so that's a giant risk...

DING DING DING.

Count Zarth
The only corners I see to my liking in this draft is McKelvin, Jenkins, Cromartie, Talib, and Flowers.

You've broken down tape on all those guys, eh?

Mecca
Just covering all the options.....I think he would be a pretty bad pick honestly.

If the Chiefs were to end up in 8 and that scenario played out you're looking at taking an OT or Keith Rivers.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 05:57 PM
There are a TON of people, including yourself that are TERRIBLY confused as to what is actually going on.

He's NOT going to sign an offer sheet FIRST.

What he's doing, is trying to negotiate a contract, which he'll sign AFTER compensation has been agreed on between the Chiefs and Vikings and the trade is consummated.

Again - he's not looking to sign a contract BEFORE a trade happens. He's simply negotiating in the event that the trade of his rights is completed.

Ziggy Wilf has said on numerous occasions that they are NOT going to sign him to an offer sheet.

We're not going to have an option to match anything.

Dude, I clearly understand-it's not to hard to figure out. Simply put, the Vikings aren't going to play inder the franchise tag rules, if they were(the scenario that I provided would be what takes place)two firsts and a chance to match.
The way they(minny) are playing it-we agree to compensation which gives them the rights to JA and then he signs their proposed offer-he obviously would have to agree in principle before the Vikings would make the trade, obviously-supposedly in principle he already has. So the hold up is on our end.

Clearer now?

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 05:59 PM

McKelvin is also a man guy that struggles in zone, he just doesn't fit here.Again, there isn't a corner in this draft that comes close to Leodis' return game-he's a buy one, get one free type player-because he plays defense and is the featured return man.

markk
04-21-2008, 06:01 PM
we just signed a guy to be the return man who really can't do anything else

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 06:05 PM
we just signed a guy to be the return man who really can't do anything elseI wouldn't say anybody signed this off-season is a shoe-in to make the team, let alone contribute.

OnTheWarpath58
04-21-2008, 06:06 PM

Dude, I clearly understand-it's not to hard to figure out. Simply put, the Vikings aren't going to play inder the franchise tag rules, if they were(the scenario that I provided would be what takes place)two firsts and a chance to match.
The way they(minny) are playing it-we agree to compensation which gives them the rights to JA and then he signs their proposed offer-he obviously would have to agree in principle before the Vikings would make the trade, obviously-supposedly in principle he already has. So the hold up is on our end.

Clearer now?

I guess.

First you said that Minnesota was dragging their feet, now you're saying the hold up is on our end.

Your second post is absolutely correct.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Bull.

1- Long/Long
2- Long/Long
3- Dorsey
4- McFadden
5(BAL)- Ryan
6- Gholston
7- whoever
8- Ellis

I agree. It could turn out very well for KC.

OnTheWarpath58
04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
I agree. It could turn out very well for KC.

It could also tun into a nightmare, when the Patriots trade down with the Bengals, and they swipe Ellis at the 7 slot.

Then we're SCREWED.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2008, 06:09 PM
It could also tun into a nightmare, when the Patriots trade down with the Bengals, and they swipe Ellis at the 7 slot.

Then we're SCREWED.

Yeah, then we take Albert, or Clady, or Otah, and I vomit.

OnTheWarpath58
04-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah, then we take Albert, or Clady, or Otah, and I vomit.

At that point, we might as well attempt to trade down again (God, I hate saying that) or just grab Chris Williams and be done with it.

If we're gonna reach for an OLman, I'd rather it be Williams.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2008, 06:12 PM
At that point, we might as well attempt to trade down again (God, I hate saying that) or just grab Chris Williams and be done with it.

If we're gonna reach for an OLman, I'd rather it be Williams.

I agree again. I'm hoping we get him at 17 if we trade Jared. He may be the best T in the draft outside of J. Long, and he may be better than him. Time will tell.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I was a little confused and was thinking some thought he signed a deal which is why I said this...

Yea, I know that-, but some are talking like he signed a deal-he hasn't. He may have agreed in principle to a contract, but the Chiefs would have to agree to the compensation, which is what I'm hearing is the hold-up. Just trying to clear up the situation- I'll be clearer next time.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Albert really looks pretty damn good, too, just not in the top 15, IMO.

OnTheWarpath58
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I was a little confused and was thinking some thought he signed a deal which is why I said this...

We're on the same page.

There are many people here that are confusing how this process actually works, however.

philfree
04-21-2008, 06:26 PM
The Vikes could be waiting see how the DEs fall on draft day and if the DE's they covet are gone then at that point agree to the compensation. Of course if they do that we could raise our demands.

PhilFree:arrow:

EyePod
04-21-2008, 06:30 PM
If he does get this offer, I really would love it if the Chiefs matched it. It's probably less than what he was trying to get with us. This is a win/win deal for us.

Pitt Gorilla
04-21-2008, 06:32 PM

If we're gonna reach for an OLman, I'd rather it be Williams.I think Williams will be a very solid left tackle.

mrbiggz
04-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I think JA is out of here folks. This reminds me of when Trent Green got traded to Miami in the sense of how he burned his bridge with the front office and how Carl and co. have mentioned how they want chiefs. Basically saying, if you don't want to be here the get the fugg out.

The Chiefs aren't going to match whether that is before or after the draft. The only thing left to be decided is do we want our picks this year or next. If I where Carl I'd just take the two first rounders and be done since it appears that the Vikings and JA have worked out an agreement. This also sends a message to other players in future contract negotiations.

Count Zarth
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
This also sends a message to other players in future contract negotiations.

Yeah. You want money, go somewhere else.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Chris Williams is the best pass blocking tackle in this draft. We can get a mauler and run right.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah. You want money, go somewhere else.

Every other superstar player that was developed by the Chiefs, Carl paid them when their free agent time came up save Dale Carter.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Every other superstar player that was developed by the Chiefs, Carl paid them when their free agent time came up save Dale Carter.

True,

This is a different era for the Chiefs. IM liking the new direction. This is how you build a team from scratch. Of course, they still need to draft wisely....

blueballs
04-22-2008, 01:46 AM
They had the manager from Allen's resturant/bar on 610 this afternoon
he said Jared does not want to leave KC
that Carl won't talk contract with JA's agent and is lying if he says otherwise

Smed1065
04-22-2008, 03:02 AM
TY for nothing,

LOL

Azz

BigRock
04-22-2008, 04:24 AM
Then they can put the poison pill like the one they gave Seattle for Steve Hutchinson. It'll read something along the lines of a 6 or 7 year deal, and if more than 10 games are played in the state of Missouri the whole contract will become guaranteed.
I'd love for them to try it and give us 2 first rounders, but I don't think the Vikings have the cajones to do a poison pill. The league has unofficially killed them off since the Hutchinson/Burleson situation, and even though they're technically still legal, no team has tried it since then. Nobody wants to go up against the league on it.

For a team to try that again would take major sack in their banana hammock. And the Vikings are the ones who started it in the first place, so it would take twice the balls for them to try.

Plus, there's people who don't even think a poison pill would be upheld in the future if a team tried to use one. So maybe it's not entirely an issue of teams being scared of the league, maybe nobody's using the poison pill because they don't want to see it blow up in their face.

Either way, that whole idea is just tard babble from ProFootballTalk.

BigRock
04-22-2008, 04:28 AM
Bull.

1- Long/Long
2- Long/Long
3- Dorsey
4- McFadden
5(BAL)- Ryan
6- Gholston
7- whoever
8- Ellis

I think the only scenario where we can safely trade back and get Ellis is if he, McFadden, and Gholston are there at pick #5. If that happens, the Jets and Patriots could both look to move up to get Gholston. Obviously we could just swap one spot with NY and still get Ellis, but if we dropped back to #7, the Jets would probably be fine and dandy with McFadden. Then Ellis is ours at #7.

Any other combo, like the one you have there with McFadden going at #4, and there's no guarantee that the Jets wouldn't trade back themselves with a team looking to get Ellis before we can.

And I don't think it would happen at all moving from #5 to #8. Even if McFadden was there for the Jets, the Pats could probably settle for a CB or Keith Rivers or someone, and one of those options would still be there for them at pick #9.

Now if we could get to pick #7 with Ellis there for us, maybe we could trade back to #8 if Baltimore was worried that we'd take Ryan, or that someone else might trade up for him ahead of them. And then Ellis would still be there at 8.

PhillyChiefFan
04-22-2008, 06:31 AM
I think JA is out of here folks. This reminds me of when Trent Green got traded to Miami in the sense of how he burned his bridge with the front office and how Carl and co. have mentioned how they want chiefs. Basically saying, if you don't want to be here the get the fugg out.

The Chiefs aren't going to match whether that is before or after the draft. The only thing left to be decided is do we want our picks this year or next. If I where Carl I'd just take the two first rounders and be done since it appears that the Vikings and JA have worked out an agreement. This also sends a message to other players in future contract negotiations.

Very true, but in all fairness Jared Allen is a young, aggressive, uninjured and game changing DE. I love Trent Green but honestly he was on the downslope of his career and struggling to keep afloat in the NFL. The thing about JA is that he is at the top of his game, or maybe not even there yet. Green, after that concussion was never the same presence in the pocket.