PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Jared Allen DUI Poll.

Rain Man
04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I love you guysh. I do. I really really really really do. You're .....(hic)....great. Sho, I've got a (hic) shimple queshtion, and I want a shimple ansher.

Hang on a shecond. Hold my hair. (BLORGHEBARFYBARFBARFBARF)

Okay, let me get my head together. Here's the question.

What do you think are the odds that Jared Allen will, at some point in his NFL career, be suspended for a year due to a DUI or related offense?

Poll to (hic) follow.

Rausch
04-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Show me the poll...

Smed1065
04-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Show me the poll...

No you didn't.

Ari Chi3fs
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh rich.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I think he'll stay sober the remainder of his time as a professional football player.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I voted:

100% if he's a Chief, 0% if he's a Viking (I know how you people think.)

I think if he becomes a Vike he will stay clean because he will have something to prove. Thats human nature.

SBK
04-21-2008, 08:35 PM
He's gonna get drunk again. Hopefully it's soon enough that the future picks go up in value.

Phobia
04-21-2008, 08:38 PM
I voted 50%. I figure it's the safe choice. However, if I had all access to all the premium information available to subscribers at Waptaint I might be able to narrow it further.

banyon
04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I never understand, when you have this much money, why can't you hire a driver for $40k a year?

Deberg_1990
04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I voted 50%. I figure it's the safe choice. However, if I had all access to all the premium information available to subscribers at Waptaint I might be able to narrow it further.

Whats Waptaint?? :)

eazyb81
04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I never understand, when you have this much money, why can't you hire a driver for $40k a year?

Because you're a grade A badass and you don't need a god damn driver!!!

banyon
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Because you're a grade A badass and you don't need a god damn driver!!!

I think you forgot your close tag [/Leonard Little]

evolve27
04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
I based my decision on the fantastic 40 oz. beer. It should reflect the % proportionally.

Boon
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Is he still hanging around with that Eric Warfield guy?

CoMoChief
04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Shit guys no one said he can't drink. He just can't get behind the wheel and I would think that the people he is with when he goes out won't allow him to drive after that if they are smart.

If people close to him said he stopped then I believe him. If he still does then so what. No on said he can't get drunk. Just show up on Sundays and stay out of trouble with the law and he's worth top DE money.

I think trading him is a ****in stupid idea.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2008, 10:35 PM
40%. See the other thread where I broke it down, year by year.

Anyone who thinks a guy that gets arrested 4 separate times for a DUI, yet is "magically" cured during a contract year, should have a least one testicle removed for being a f*cking dumbass.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
33%

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Shit guys no one said he can't drink. He just can't get behind the wheel and I would think that the people he is with when he goes out won't allow him to drive after that if they are smart.

If people close to him said he stopped then I believe him. If he still does then so what. No on said he can't get drunk. Just show up on Sundays and stay out of trouble with the law and he's worth top DE money.

Yep. That's why I said 33%. Since the guy is a known alcoholic, he could get so ripped he just says "**** it." and it's all over. If he gets caught.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
once hes gets that big contract with that phat signing bonus, hes not gonna give a ****

Rain Man
04-21-2008, 10:55 PM
So most people want to trade him, and yet half the people think his odds of getting suspended are 25 percent or less?

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
100% if he's a Chief, 0% if he's a Viking

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
So most people want to trade him, and yet half the people think his odds of getting suspended are 25 percent or less?

If he has four more ultra-competitive years before the age of 30, 25% is at least one year.

What if he gets his fifth DUI in 2009 or 2010, just when the Chiefs are ready to compete for a Super Bowl. What then?

He's just not worth the risk to the Chiefs.

Bucs? Maybe. Vikings? Maybe. Patriots? MOST definitely.

Imagine that Jared Allen played for the Detroit Lions.

Would it be worth it for the Lions to sign Allen to a long-term, high-risk deal?

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 11:29 PM
If he has four more ultra-competitive years before the age of 30, 25% is at least one year.

What if he gets his fifth DUI in 2009 or 2010, just when the Chiefs are ready to compete for a Super Bowl. What then?

He's just not worth the risk to the Chiefs.

Bucs? Maybe. Vikings? Maybe. Patriots? MOST definitely.

Imagine that Jared Allen played for the Detroit Lions.

Would it be worth it for the Lions to sign Allen to a long-term, high-risk deal?LMFAO. Good shit, Dane.:D Your scientific evaluation is classic.

CrazyPhuD
04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
SO if we trade him then throw him a going away party with all the booze he can drink but have a friendly deputy follow him home. Does that count as a DUI for us or for Min? :)

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-22-2008, 12:18 AM
100% if he's a Chief, 0% if he's a Viking

I can't believe that's not the most popular answer.

OnTheWarpath58
04-22-2008, 06:20 AM

Actually, that's EXACTLY what the league said.

If you're player in the league's substance abuse program, you can't have contact, of any kind, with drugs or alcohol. He's past the point of having to get caught for DWI to be suspended.

If he's spotted consuming alcohol, he's busted. Period.

If the league has reason to believe he's consumed alcohol, and finds out he did, he's busted.

If some dumbass fan asks to take a picture with him, and he happens to be holding a beer/drink - guess what - he's busted.

The man CANNOT drink. Period.

Ari Chi3fs
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM
I really wanted to vote 33%...

jjjayb
04-23-2008, 07:22 AM
I think he will get another dui. When he's off probation and is allowed to drink again he will end up drinking and driving.

oaklandhater
04-23-2008, 07:24 AM
I really wanted to vote 33%...

every time I see your avatar Ari Chi3fs it makes me want to vomit.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Actually, that's EXACTLY what the league said.

If you're player in the league's substance abuse program, you can't have contact, of any kind, with drugs or alcohol. He's past the point of having to get caught for DWI to be suspended.

If he's spotted consuming alcohol, he's busted. Period.

If the league has reason to believe he's consumed alcohol, and finds out he did, he's busted.

If some dumbass fan asks to take a picture with him, and he happens to be holding a beer/drink - guess what - he's busted.

The man CANNOT drink. Period.

Do you have a link to the CBA provision that forbids him from holding an alcoholic beverage?

StcChief
04-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Not alot to do in cold weather Minney.... scandanavian honeys and booze.

I give in 25%.... an early bye week year, partyboat II