PDA

View Full Version : Football Mike Rucker retiring

cmh6476
04-22-2008, 07:58 AM
per espn

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Carolina Panthers defensive end Mike Rucker will retire after nine seasons, finishing second on the team's all-time tackles list.

Rucker will announce his retirement at news conference at Bank of America Stadium later Tuesday, a team official said.

In February, Rucker decided he'd play for at least one more season. But the 33-year-old had second thoughts, and the Panthers decided not to re-sign him.

Rucker was Carolina's second-round pick in 1999 and quickly became one of the anchors of the defensive line. He ranks second in team history with 553 tackles and 55 sacks.

Rucker returned from a serious knee injury last season and finished with 57 tackles and three sacks.

Frankie
04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Another contender for JA's services? :hmmm:

Frazod
04-22-2008, 08:06 AM
I'd much rather see him go to Carolina than Minnesota.

cmh6476
04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Mike wasn't an option to start this year, was he?

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 08:18 AM
More reason why I won't be surprised to see Carolina grab Derrick Harvey.

Demonpenz
04-22-2008, 08:31 AM
What a nice luxery to have an older brother that has been around the nfl block to lean on for Martin Rucker. Not that Martin even really needs it.

alanm
04-22-2008, 09:41 AM
It sounds more like he doesn't want to return to Carolina now that his buddy Minter retired. Rucker still has a couple of good seasons left in him. I bet if the Chiefs brought him in to chat he would listen to a offer to come here as a temp replacement for Allen. What would it hurt to talk?

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 09:44 AM
It sounds more like he doesn't want to return to Carolina now that his buddy Minter retired. Rucker still has a couple of good seasons left in him. I bet if the Chiefs brought him in to chat he would listen to a offer to come here as a temp replacement for Allen. What would it hurt to talk?

What would be the point of bringing in a 33 year old DE with "a couple of good seasons left in him"???

cmh6476
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM

I think Mike liked the fact that he got away from the fact that everybody in St. Joe became his best friend once he turned pro. I imagine he stays in carolina, away from the "everybody's best friend" tag he earned up here.

morphius
04-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey, if he goes to MN you would get to see him play twice a year!

Demonpenz
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I think Mike liked the fact that he got away from the fact that everybody in St. Joe became his best friend once he turned pro. I imagine he stays in carolina, away from the "everybody's best friend" tag he earned up here.

I don't know shit about anything, but I can tell you that if you get out of st joe and do good things, you won't be everyone's best friend. People in st joe want to tear you down when you leave. In my own humble opinion of course

chasedude
04-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't know shit about anything, but I can tell you that if you get out of st joe and do good things, you won't be everyone's best friend. People in st joe want to tear you down when you leave. In my own humble opinion of course

I don't know where in Joe Town you've been, that statement isn't true. There are many Benton Alum and other St Joe people that respect Mike Rucker.

Demonpenz
04-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know where in Joe Town you've been, that statement isn't true. There are many Benton Alum and other St Joe people that respect Mike Rucker.

St. Joseph ..because it is the land that time forgot. Has alot of haters.

Coogs
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Another contender for JA's services? :hmmm:

They do have picks 67 and 74 in the 3rd round.

#14 = 1100 points
#67 = 255 points
#74 = 220 points

Total of 1575 points. That would work as well.

Thig Lyfe
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
SIGN HIM CARL?!?!?!?!!!?!?!

Reerun_KC
04-22-2008, 02:47 PM
What would be the point of bringing in a 33 year old DE with "a couple of good seasons left in him"???
:whackit:

Sad, but that is the mindset of the 1990's Chiefs fan...