PDA

View Full Version : Life *The* Big Oops

The Rick
04-22-2008, 08:44 AM
So, yesterday was my birthday and my wife gave me a pretty unique present...she informed me she was pregnant.

Great news, right? Well, yes. I mean, it's a blessing, a miracle, and as Christians, we believe it's part of God's plan for us. It's a good thing. This will be our third child and we always sort of planned on having more than two kids.

The problem? Well, our second child was just born this past January 31st so that makes him about 11.5 weeks old now. That means #2 and #3 will be less than a year apart. They'll both be born in 2008.

My wife is pretty much beside herself right now. She's almost in denial because she really doesn't like the idea of spending the next 8 months or so being pregnant again.

As for me, I'm a little freaked out, but not as much as she is. Of course, I'm able to see the positives:
not just one, but two additional tax breaks at the end of next year
this next child will cost us almost nothing because, due to the birth of my son, we've already reached the maximum out of pocket amount for our health insuranceIt will all be fine and my wife recognizes that once she gets used to the idea, it will be fine. We really need to use some sort of protection next time! Actually, after this, it's probably time for the good ol' snip and clip job. :eek:

Sully
04-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Jeez.

Did you basically usher the doctors out of the room minutes after delivery?

Seriously, though...Congrats!

Archie F. Swin
04-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Congratulation...apparently God has tremendous faith in you!

The Rick
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Jeez.

Did you basically usher the doctors out of the room minutes after delivery?

Seriously, though...Congrats!
Yeah, you'd think, right?

I told my wife that this is really going to give people the wrong impression about our sex life. :shake:

J Diddy
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
congratulations

Count Zarth
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Ever heard of birth control pills?

crazycoffey
04-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Yeah, you'd think, right?

I told my wife that this is really going to give people the wrong impression about our sex life. :shake:

having a sex life = never having a wrong impression
not having a sex life = a wrong impression.

Congrats.

Old Dog
04-22-2008, 08:52 AM
congrats

J Diddy
04-22-2008, 08:53 AM

You know you are a complete and total moron.
In a time of happiness you spout off some of your bitter crap.

I'm sitting here wishing your mother had heard of birth control.

Ultra Peanut
04-22-2008, 08:53 AM
They'll both be born in 2007.That is pretty goddamn impressive.

Extra Point
04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Congrats. Before the seed was sown, did you tell her the three-word-sentence that every woman with two kids wants to hear?

"I'll pull out."

NewChief
04-22-2008, 08:56 AM

Assuming she's breast feeding, that's not an option.

Congratulations The Rick! It's scary I'm sure. Those first few years will probably be hell, but think of how easy it will be to have them so close together in school. They'll also be really close, I'd imagine.

I do feel for your poor wife, though.

Braincase
04-22-2008, 08:57 AM
When you have two that age, they'll be able to play on a lot of the same sports teams if they're the same sex, and you have teams defined by birthdate (i.e. must be "age" by 12/31 of said year).

My daughters are 19 months apart, and they're the best of friends and worst of enemies.

Ultra Peanut
04-22-2008, 09:02 AM
It's inevitable that your children are going to realize, at some point, that you two were banging like bunnies.

cmh6476
04-22-2008, 09:03 AM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

:shrug:

StcChief
04-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Congrats, Women are most vulnerable to get pregant RIGHT AFTER THEY GIVE BIRTH.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-22-2008, 09:08 AM
congrats, but tell her next year you just want new golf clubs.

The Rick
04-22-2008, 09:09 AM
She's never wanted to take them. We're not Catholic or anything like that, she just doesn't feel right about it. :shrug:

The Rick
04-22-2008, 09:10 AM
That is pretty goddamn impressive.
Yes, I thought so. I don't know if my wife feels the same way though. :)

What can I say, my boys are strong swimmers...

The Rick
04-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I do feel for your poor wife, though.
Yeah, one of the reasons she's in denial is that it was just a couple of weeks ago where she weighed herself and she had not only lost all of the baby weight, but she weighed less than she did when she got pregnant the last time.

She was pretty proud of herself. I guess we've been celebrating her success of getting back in shape the wrong way. :rolleyes:

markk
04-22-2008, 09:14 AM

die in a fire

stlchiefs
04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Congrats to you and your family. RB by committee is all the rage right now, get those boys in shape quick.

The Rick
04-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Congrats to you and your family. RB by committee is all the rage right now, get those boys in shape quick.
:hmmm:

My son was 9 lbs., 13 oz. at birth...

afchiefs
04-22-2008, 09:22 AM
I always thought the term, "Breed'em back on the third day" applied to cattle. :eek: U Da Man

morphius
04-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Congrats!

I tried to imagine what that would be like, but I think my head would explode. You, and especially the wife, will be in my prayers.

morphius
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
You got nuthin, mine was 10.07.

Needless to say there was no having a baby within a year after that.

stlchiefs
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
:hmmm:

The Chiefs are a little thin on the line right now as well.

Ari Chi3fs
04-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Next Time, PIITB.

The Rick
04-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Congrats!

I tried to imagine what that would be like, but I think my head would explode. You, and especially the wife, will be in my prayers.
Well, I already know that we're definitely going to need a new car. My daughter is four and a half and sits in a booster seat. Then, there's my son's car seat. Between those two in the back seat, there's not even enough room for another person to sit back there let alone another car seat.

My wife really doesn't want to drive a minivan, so it's going to have to be an SUV with third row seating for us...

The Rick
04-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Next Time, PIITB.
NOW you tell me!

Radar Chief
04-22-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm sitting here wishing your mother had heard of birth control.

Bullshit! Looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma’s ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress.

;)

Radar Chief
04-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Congratulations Rick. Iím sure you and the Mrs. will learn to get along with the idea once it settles in a bit. :thumb:

Hoover
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Cool. Congrats!

My wife and I will be starting a family soon.

morphius
04-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Well, I already know that we're definitely going to need a new car. My daughter is four and a half and sits in a booster seat. Then, there's my son's car seat. Between those two in the back seat, there's not even enough room for another person to sit back there let alone another car seat.

My wife really doesn't want to drive a minivan, so it's going to have to be an SUV with third row seating for us...
Oh yeah, with the booster seats there is just no way to avoid it.

Phobia
04-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Outstanding. My teenagers are a 374 days apart.

We just found out that my fourth is going to be a girl. That's right - four girls.

el borracho
04-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Just for laughs you should tell them they are "Shanghai twins" or some other nearly believable term for twins born 10 months apart in the same year. Whenever they do something smart/stupid/silly/funny/whatever you can just keep referencing it, "Oh, yeah. Shanghai twins always behave like that" and when they get old enough to realize you invented the term you can tell them, "Oh, sure. Trust a pair of Shanghai twins to deny there even is such a thing."

bkkcoh
04-22-2008, 10:09 AM
We had a friend who thought there was something wrong with the pregnancy test that she took and ended up taking 2 or 3 tests. She is due in about 3 weeks and the youngest one is 27 months.....

ChiefButthurt
So, yesterday was my birthday and my wife gave me a pretty unique present...she informed me she was pregnant.

Great news, right? Well, yes. I mean, it's a blessing, a miracle, and as Christians, we believe it's part of God's plan for us. It's a good thing. This will be our third child and we always sort of planned on having more than two kids.

The problem? Well, our second child was just born this past January 31st so that makes him about 11.5 weeks old now. That means #2 and #3 will be less than a year apart. They'll both be born in 2008.

My wife is pretty much beside herself right now. She's almost in denial because she really doesn't like the idea of spending the next 8 months or so being pregnant again.

As for me, I'm a little freaked out, but not as much as she is. Of course, I'm able to see the positives:
not just one, but two additional tax breaks at the end of next year
this next child will cost us almost nothing because, due to the birth of my son, we've already reached the maximum out of pocket amount for our health insuranceIt will all be fine and my wife recognizes that once she gets used to the idea, it will be fine. We really need to use some sort of protection next time! Actually, after this, it's probably time for the good ol' snip and clip job. :eek:

ROFL ROFL A fool and his money is soon parted.

BTW...congrats is in order. Enjoy those children regardless of the cost.

Msmith
I remembered when I was holding my 2 years old son and my wife was holding the 4 months old daughter, the nurse informed us my wife was pregnant again. There was definitely not a joyful feeling. More like "What are we going to do now?"

After the child was born, (it was another daughter) my wife had a tough time to stay awake during dinner time because of raising three kids at home. But the two daughters bonded instantly and remained close thruout their teens. They become treasure to each other. Yes, it was tough at the beginning but looking back now, it was worth the effort.

May our Lord bless your family with His mercy and grace.

P.S. You should be getting some sweet Child Tax Credit next year.

bkkcoh

We just found out that my fourth is going to be a girl. That's right - four girls.

You have my deepest sympathies. how, if you do, do you keep your sanity!!

Radar Chief
04-22-2008, 10:12 AM

Itís Karma paying you back.
My BIL used to like to consider himself a playah, and he certainly got around. He now has little 5 girls, oldest is about 10 and youngest was born last year. :eek:

Deberg_1990
04-22-2008, 01:01 PM

Ever heard of Euthanasia??

Fish
04-22-2008, 01:04 PM

May the Lord have mercy on your poor poor soul.....

And buy more toilet paper....

Groves
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I think its great.

It's probably natural for you to be a little freaked out, but that will pass quickly.

I'm pretty sure the God that created everything by the power of his voice can get you through this, too.

Gonzo
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Congrats,
My boy, (our 1st) is due in July!

(On another note, I feel for you having to deal with the hormones all over again bro!)

Phobia
04-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Itís Karma paying you back.
My BIL used to like to consider himself a playah, and he certainly got around. He now has little 5 girls, oldest is about 10 and youngest was born last year. :eek:

I've never really considered myself a playa though. I don't know why I can't make a boy. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

Zebedee DuBois
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Congrats, the rick

Phobia
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
You have my deepest sympathies. how, if you do, do you keep your sanity!!

If I'm being brutally honest, my ex took my oldest two teenagers halfway across the country so while I see them frequently and they're always on my mind, I guess I don't trouble myself with what's happening with them on a daily basis because any source of influence I have on the situation has been removed from me. I wish I could see them daily and have a larger part in their lives but the simple truth is that I can't and I won't. Not my choice - it was their mother's.

evolve27
04-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Congrats, sorry you couldn't keep the snake in the cage.

DBO82
04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Congrats man...

That soon after birth was it like slappin your johnson around inside a 5 gallon bucket?...I mean how did it feel?

Donger
04-22-2008, 04:55 PM

First of all, congratulations.

Secondly, you need a Y chromosome donor.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't know why I can't make a boy.

Your not doing it right. Havent u learned yet??

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Next Time, PIITB.

LMAO

Do you A. Plain and simply back up off her

B. Hit it just a little bit softer

C. Take it out and put it in her butt?

Well D is what he did, so yo listen up.

cdcox
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
I've never really considered myself a playa though. I don't know why I can't make a boy. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

My brother fathered a boy on his fifth try.

cdcox
04-22-2008, 05:17 PM
And congrats to both The Rick and Phobia.

damaticous
04-22-2008, 05:30 PM
consider yourself lucky. I'm 33 never had kids (opportunity never came up..and yes I'm "able"). I wish I had em. :(

girlfriend is almost 39 years old and doesn't really want to have anymore kids at her age. Understandable since her youngest just turned 16.

But I'm kinda bummed about not having any little damaticous's running around.

So, I applaud you for having more kids. Congrats.

macdawg
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
http://http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/249270409_664e6841fa.jpg