PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you trade Allen to Oakland?

Coogs
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Sorry to start a new thread about Allen, but I couldn't find a thread that stated Oakland has some interest in Allen, but the Chiefs have said no to any deals with them.

To me, that is just crazy. A chance at the #4 pick in the draft to match up with the #5 pick in the draft. I would do it in a heartbeat.

I don't care that they are in our division, and we would have to play them twice. This is about our team, and making our team better. New England has traded within thier division before, and look what has happened to them. I know Bledsoe went to Buffalo for a 1st round pick, and I think they dealt a DB to the Bills as well.

Think of the possibilities a 4 and a 5 would open up for us. Could be huge.

Frazod
04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
:#Nuthooks.

Sure-Oz
04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
That would be hell of a deal but Allen would destroy our team

Skini
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah if we had to send him off i'd prefer to see him in the NFC so we wouldn't see him as often, although it probably won't matter for the time being...

How likely is it that he will end up traded. I read some things that suggest it's almost a lock, and some things that say it is not as likely...i'd hate to see him go.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
No.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
if we honestly traded him to the raiders, that would be the final straw for me as chiefs fan.

Coogs
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM

Allen isn't the only DE who would destroy our team. We need to build a team so those type of players won't. Picks 4 and 5... keeping them both.... keeping 1 and trading 1... or trading them both... could go a long way towards getting this franchise back to competative real soon.

Frazod
04-22-2008, 10:39 AM

Remember who we scrimmage against in River Falls during training camp. I can't imagine any of our quarterbacks would be too happy about facing Allen THEN, either. Especially since all our newly-acquired offensive linemen will be holding out after Carl tells their agents to go f#ck themselves. :shake:

Pestilence
04-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Sure I'd trade him.

I want their 1st round picks in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Plus I want Nmadi Asomaugha

Rooster
nope

Coogs
if we honestly traded him to the raiders, that would be the final straw for me as chiefs fan.

Why? If it helps the Chiefs... and it would... who really cares? Like I said, New England isn't afraid to trade within their division. And it really isn't like other teams don't have rivals they hate either.

PhillyChiefFan
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM

um yea me too. We would face him 2 times a year and every single game I would be saying "F*CK YOU CARL!!" :cuss:

side note...I'll probably be saying that no matter what though.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Why? If it helps the Chiefs... and it would... who really cares? Like I said, New England isn't afraid to trade within their division. And it really isn't like other teams don't have rivals they hate either.

If Oakland signs him to an offer sheet - fine - take their pick this year (#4) and their pick next year (also prob. top-5). Otherwise, 4321

StcChief
04-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Sure I'd trade him.

I want their 1st round picks in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Plus I want Nmadi Asomaugha
I'm good with that two, might as well have One or TWO top 10 picks for few years

PhillyChiefFan
04-22-2008, 10:46 AM

I see your point, but at this time the Chiefs are no where near the depth and overall quality that the Patriots are. Trading in their division isn't out of the question for them. We are a very young, and raw upstart of a team, who can not afford to risk loosing the 2 games that we should win over the next few years, due to trading a talented and game changing performer like Jared Allen.

For every 1 person they trade away they have 2 quality players at depth. We don't have the luxury, IMHO.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2008, 11:00 AM
for the right price i would

Coogs
04-22-2008, 11:02 AM
for the right price i would

Just the #4 pick alone would be huge. What more would it take for you to do a deal with the Faiders.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:02 AM
I can sum this up in about 3 sentences.

F*ck.

Oakland.

No.

OnTheWarpath58
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Remember who we scrimmage against in River Falls during training camp. I can't imagine any of our quarterbacks would be too happy about facing Allen THEN, either. Especially since all our newly-acquired offensive linemen will be holding out after Carl tells their agents to go f#ck themselves. :shake:

Actually, they may get a break on that.

Supposedly the Rams are talking about moving their camp up north, and part of it hinges on being able to scrimmage with the Chiefs.

Zouk
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes.

The Raiders are so savvy in trade negotiations that they got a whole 4th round pick for Randy Moss. Not even conditional. Great job, Al!

Coogs
04-22-2008, 11:06 AM
I can sum this up in about 3 sentences.

F*ck.

Oakland.

No.

But if we pass at the #4 to get the #17 just because it is Oakland, aren't we kind of doing that to ourselves?

Mr. Laz
04-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Just the #4 pick alone would be huge. What more would it take for you to do a deal with the Faiders.
imo it would have to be more to deal him within the division.

the 4th pick and a conditional pick in 2009 based on how much Allen destroys us?!? :sulk:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
But if we pass at the #4 to get the #17 just because it is Oakland, aren't we kind of doing that to ourselves?

No. Jared Allen has the potential to **** us up to 3 times a year for the next decade? I'll pass. The Minnesota deal is as good as it's going to get. Not only that, but having the 4th and 5th pick in the draft would cripple us cap wise. Imagine if even one turns out to be a bust. We'd be ****ed.

xbarretx
04-22-2008, 11:28 AM
:#Nuthooks.

dipped in anti-freeze ?

Mr. Arrowhead
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM

because its the ****ing raiders
case closed

el borracho
04-22-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't care that they are in our division, and we would have to play them twice. This is about our team, and making our team better. New England has traded within thier division before, and look what has happened to them.

Uh, sure. If we had Pioli or A.J.Smith running our draft I might consider it but never would I make such a trade with Carl as GM. What for? So we can take Branden Albert at 4 and Jeff Otah at 5? No, thanks.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
No. Jared Allen has the potential to **** us up to 3 times a year for the next decade? I'll pass.
if he is such a threat then why are people so open to trading him at all?

xbarretx
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Uh, sure. If we had Pioli or A.J.Smith running our draft I might consider it but never would I make such a trade with Carl as GM. What for? So we can take Branden Albert at 4 and Jeff Otah at 5? No, thanks.

LMAO LMAO ... :sulk: oh wait.. that was a QFT :deevee:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Risk vs. Reward

suds79
04-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Aren't most people opposed to trading him? Did you not see the venom towards Carl when the news broke that it could happen?

I think most people now have sadly begun to accept it.

As far as trading Jared to Oakland? Let's see... Helping Oakland land one of the 3 best DEs in the game? No thanks.

Imagine the outrage if he were to take out our starting QB. (whoever that is at the time)

kcfanXIII
04-22-2008, 11:43 AM

there is not the rivalry between NE and BUF, like there is between KC and Oak. not to mention, we'd be trading someone in the prime of his career instead of on the tail end. this is the worst idea i've heard since the talk of trading allen started. **** this team!!!!

chiefqueen
04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I thought rule #1 in the NFL was.................

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, TRADE WITHIN YOUR DIVISION!!!

Rule No. 2 is immediately fire your GM if he violates rule #1.

Coogs
04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Not only that, but having the 4th and 5th pick in the draft would cripple us cap wise.

Not neessarily. Use the 4th pick to get the player you want. Then deal the 5th pick to pick up more selections in the draft. Could wind up with way better picks than #17 and some others.

Coogs
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
there is not the rivalry between NE and BUF, like there is between KC and Oak.

Nothing like a good old basement rivalry!

Mr. Laz
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Aren't most people opposed to trading him? Did you not see the venom towards Carl when the news broke that it could happen?

I think most people now have sadly begun to accept it.

As far as trading Jared to Oakland? Let's see... Helping Oakland land one of the 3 best DEs in the game? No thanks.

Imagine the outrage if he were to take out our starting QB. (whoever that is at the time)
and my point is that if the player is too good to trade within the division than he is probably too good to trade at all and you have other issues that are the really problem.

suds79
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
and my point is that if the player is too good to trade within the division than he is probably too good to trade at all and you have other issues that are the really problem.

Can't argue with that. Jared Allen is too good to trade at all and I wish it wasn't happening.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
there is not the rivalry between NE and BUF, like there is between KC and Oak. not to mention, we'd be trading someone in the prime of his career instead of on the tail end. this is the worst idea i've heard since the talk of trading allen started. **** this team!!!!

They also traded/didn't-match Curtis Martin to the Jets after Parcells jumped ship.

JBucc
04-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Sure.

Coogs
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
They also traded Curtis Martin to the Jets after Parcells jumped ship.

And they made a trade with Miami in reverse last season. To me, you have to follow what works. Trade within your division if need be to better your team. Not bieng willing to trade within your division seems like something that might keep you from winning the Super Bowl for 40 years or so. Oh.... wiat...

sedated
04-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I'd just love to see Jared ass-rape our QBs for the next 10 years.

I only wish it would hurt Carl's anus as much as theirs