http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3358424

Press conference at 1:45pm EST.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Sources: Dolphins agree to deal Long, will select OT No. 1 overall

ESPN.com news services

<!-- promo plug -->
<!-- end promo plug -->
<!-- end story header --><!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin page tools --> Updated: April 22, 2008, 1:01 PM ET

<!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->The Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) have reached a contract agreement with Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2008&id=12044) and will select him with the No. 1 overall pick in Saturday's draft, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
The announcement will come at a 1:45 p.m. ET news conference.
<!-- begin whole table -->
<!-- begin top part -->

Despite speculation that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells really had planned to select Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2008&id=12144) or Virginia defensive end Chris Long (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2008&id=11845), sources told ESPN's Michael Smith that since the Dolphins opened negotiations with Jake Long they were talking to him exclusively.

<!-- end sidebar table -->Long, a 6-foot-7, 313-pound senior who moved to left tackle in 2006 and started his final 26 games, was an All-America selection and Big Ten lineman of the year in each of his last two seasons.
Offensive line is considered the biggest need for the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year.

<!-- begin whole table -->
<!-- begin top part -->

Count Zarth
04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Aw crap. And I was sitting here writing an article about him.

Sure-Oz
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Alright, well that settles that, i knew that gm was full of shit at that PC

Sure-Oz
They better not take all 10 or whatever min they have to do this

Mr. Laz
that kinda sucks ... we could of used him

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
May he remind us all of Tony Mandrich.

Coogs
Which means that the Rams can start negotiating with someone, correct?

eazyb81
So.....

2. Rams - Dorsey
3. Falcons - Ryan
4. Raiders - DMC/Gholston
5. Chiefs - Chris Long?

Count Zarth
04-22-2008, 11:06 AM

No. It's not official until he's actually drafted.

Coogs
04-22-2008, 11:06 AM
No. It's not official until he's actually drafted.

:thumb: Thanks!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:07 AM
So.....

2. Rams - Dorsey
3. Falcons - Ryan
5. Chiefs - Chris Long?

If the Raiders have a shot at Chris Long, they'll take him. I'm confident of it. Al is going to think he can rekindle the Howie Long years. If C. Long is on the board, I think Al takes him over McFadden. We're probably going to trade out. Carolina and Baltimore both want Ryan, and I think we're gonna get as many picks as possible.

CosmicPal
I hope he goes to the Miami aquarium and gets his arm bit off by a sea monkey.

OnTheWarpath58
So.....

2. Rams - Dorsey
3. Falcons - Ryan
5. Chiefs - Chris Long?

Al Davis is an idiot, but not to the point of passing on Chris Long.

Count Zarth
04-22-2008, 11:08 AM
If the Raiders have a shot at Chris Long, they'll take him. I'm confident of it. Al is going to think he can rekindle the Howie Long years. If C. Long is on the board, I think Al takes him over McFadden. We're probably going to trade out. Carolina and Baltimore both want Ryan, and I think we're gonna get as many picks as possible.

Clady or Williams here we come. I can feel it now.

Of course we can always take Sedrick Ellis.

Sure-Oz
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Hell no to Clady, i'd rather take ellis

blueballs
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
The OT or bust crowd
are planning their trade down/reach strategies
a lump of coal placed in their asses could produce a few hope diamonds

Coogs
04-22-2008, 11:10 AM

If the Rams take Chris Long... which they might... I can see us haveing a chance at Matt Ryan. Dorsey to the Falcons, and the Raiders taking whoever. Ryan to the Chiefs. :toast:

OnTheWarpath58
04-22-2008, 11:10 AM

Here's the thing about a possible trade down with Baltimore....

If they really want Ryan, wouldn't they need to leapfrog US, not trade with us?

The Jets won't pick him.

Hell will freeze over before the Patriots pick him.

And if we want him, we're not gonna trade out of the spot so someone else can draft him.

Pestilence
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
findthedr just commited suicide.

Count Zarth
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Actually the Jets have an interest in Matt Ryan according to recent news. I saw it somewhere today.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:12 AM

That's what I want us to do. But I don't see it happening. If we trade with Baltimore we have a shot at him at 8, but it's risky business as OTW and I discussed yesterday. Anyone could trade in front of us and snag him. It's best to just take him there.

I have a feeling though that with this draft being as deep as it is, that Carl and crew are going to stockpile as many picks as possible.

OnTheWarpath58
04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Actually the Jets have an interest in Matt Ryan according to recent news. I saw it somewhere today.

That might be the most obvious smokescreen in the history of smokescreens.

How they pass on McFadden AND Gholston is beyond comprehension.

blueballs
an OT as the #1 overall just seems dirty

Mr. Flopnuts
Here's the thing about a possible trade down with Baltimore....

If they really want Ryan, wouldn't they need to leapfrog US, not trade with us?

The Jets won't pick him.

Hell will freeze over before the Patriots pick him.

And if we want him, we're not gonna trade out of the spot so someone else can draft him.

It'd have to be Carolina, which I've heard is interested. We could pretty much say good bye to Sedrick and Chris Williams. That's just GROSS.

Mr. Flopnuts
findthedr just commited suicide.

LMAO TREVOR LAWS FTW!@!!!!11!!!!!!

Zouk
04-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Enter the "experts" who say you don't take a right tackle in the top 5. You now have Bill Parcells to argue with. Rules are made to be broken.

Count Zarth
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
First overall pick in next year's fantasty draft - Ronnie Brown.

tooge
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Well, that pretty much leaves it like this:

Lambs- Dorsey, gholston, Long
Falcons_ Dorsey, or Ryan
Raiders_ McFadden or Long

that pretty much leaves us with Ryan or Mcfadden for the guys listed by everyone as "top 5 talent". So, we either:
1. Trade out (we can only hope)
2. take Ryan (he sits on bench and rots, then gets killed right after Brodie gets injured)
3. Reach for a tackle like Clady or williams
I think the chiefs end up reaching. it has the most upside. Screwed once again

Pestilence
04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
First overall pick in next year's fantasty draft - Ronnie Brown.

Ummmmm.....no.

What exactly is a fantasty draft anyways?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Please God, let St. Louis covet thy Gholston.

OnTheWarpath58
04-22-2008, 11:19 AM
It'd have to be Carolina, which I've heard is interested. We could pretty much say good bye to Sedrick and Chris Williams. That's just GROSS.

I can't see Carolina giving up that much for Ryan.

Our pick is worth 1700.

We'd need their 1st/2nd/4th picks to even get close to value. (1696)

No way Carolina is moving up, and not having another pick until the 3rd round.

CosmicPal
04-22-2008, 11:20 AM
3. Reach for a tackle like Clady or williams

It's not a reach if he becomes a productive starting right tackle for years to come. If he makes the Pro-Bowl a few times, you'll be saying years later how he was a steal.

Just like JoPo said in his article, if someone took Tom Brady in the first round, all the "so-called experts" would be clamoring about what a huge reach they made. And of course, we all know how that panned out.

Had we taken Jared Allen in the first round, the board here would have exploded.

If Ryan Clady is picked and becomes a central force in our offensive line, which, by all means, he can- then he's not a reach.

Pestilence
04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
It's not a reach if he becomes a productive starting right tackle for years to come. If he makes the Pro-Bowl a few times, you'll be saying years later how he was a steal.

Just like JoPo said in his article, if someone took Tom Brady in the first round, all the "so-called experts" would be clamoring about what a huge reach they made. And of course, we all know how that panned out.

Had we taken Jared Allen in the first round, the board here would have exploded.

If Ryan Clady is picked and becomes a central force in our offensive line, which, by all means, he can- then he's not a reach.

Holy shit I'm tired of the Tom Brady in the 6th round comment.

C-Mac
04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
The first pick of the NFL Draft is no longer a mystery.

Michigan offensive lineman Jake Long and the Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms on a six-year deal voided after five years with $30 million guaranteed and a total value of $57M over five years, FOXSports.com has learned.
Long is slated to fly into Miami later Tuesday to join his new team.
There has been much speculation recently that the team was setting up a smoke screen in their interest of Long, but apparently it wasn't a ruse.
Long, a 6-7, 315-pound tackle, was a two-time All-American at Michigan and was twice named Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year.
He will be the first offensive lineman to be drafted No. 1 since 1997, when the St. Louis Rams took Ohio State tackle Orlando Pace. It will be the fifth time in league history an offensive lineman has gone No. 1.
Long has insisted he's not consumed with the possibility of going first.
"It doesn't matter to me when I get drafted," he said. "I'll be happy wherever I go and I'm going to do everything I can to have a great career."
With the deal done, the St. Louis Rams are on the clock. The Dolphins have nine total picks in this weekend's draft.
Long gave up just two sacks and was called for only two penalties in his entire career. He joined Pace, Michigan State's Tony Mandarich and Ohio State's Korey Stringer as the only Big Ten linemen to be selected the conference's best in consecutive seasons.
Long's toughest challenge came off the field on the night the Detroit Pistons won the 2004 NBA title. The off-campus house he was living in caught fire and the only way out of his second-floor room, which was filled with smoke, was through a window. He kicked out the screen and belly-flopped on his buddy's Bronco.
Long suffered a sore shoulder from his fall onto a truck, and smoke inhalation landed him in the hospital for a week. He made a full recovery.
During his sophomore season, he missed the first seven games with an ankle injury. Long weighed 335 pounds as Michigan slumped to a 7-5 record that was so startling, it motivated the entire team to get into better shape, including its star tackle. Long lost 20 pounds and kept the weight off the next two seasons.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:26 AM
The first pick of the NFL Draft is no longer a mystery.

Michigan offensive lineman Jake Long and the Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms on a six-year deal voided after five years with $30 million guaranteed and a total value of $57M over five years, FOXSports.com has learned.
Long is slated to fly into Miami later Tuesday to join his new team.
There has been much speculation recently that the team was setting up a smoke screen in their interest of Long, but apparently it wasn't a ruse.
Long, a 6-7, 315-pound tackle, was a two-time All-American at Michigan and was twice named Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year.
He will be the first offensive lineman to be drafted No. 1 since 1997, when the St. Louis Rams took Ohio State tackle Orlando Pace. It will be the fifth time in league history an offensive lineman has gone No. 1.
Long has insisted he's not consumed with the possibility of going first.
"It doesn't matter to me when I get drafted," he said. "I'll be happy wherever I go and I'm going to do everything I can to have a great career."
With the deal done, the St. Louis Rams are on the clock. The Dolphins have nine total picks in this weekend's draft.
Long gave up just two sacks and was called for only two penalties in his entire career. He joined Pace, Michigan State's Tony Mandarich and Ohio State's Korey Stringer as the only Big Ten linemen to be selected the conference's best in consecutive seasons.
Long's toughest challenge came off the field on the night the Detroit Pistons won the 2004 NBA title. The off-campus house he was living in caught fire and the only way out of his second-floor room, which was filled with smoke, was through a window. He kicked out the screen and belly-flopped on his buddy's Bronco.
Long suffered a sore shoulder from his fall onto a truck, and smoke inhalation landed him in the hospital for a week. He made a full recovery.
During his sophomore season, he missed the first seven games with an ankle injury. Long weighed 335 pounds as Michigan slumped to a 7-5 record that was so startling, it motivated the entire team to get into better shape, including its star tackle. Long lost 20 pounds and kept the weight off the next two seasons.

Isn't that less than JaMarcus got last year?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:27 AM

It is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013493

OnTheWarpath58
04-22-2008, 11:27 AM

Yep.

6/$61M with $32M guaranteed.

Direckshun
04-22-2008, 11:28 AM
So.....

2. Rams - Dorsey
3. Falcons - Ryan
5. Chiefs - Chris Long?
More like:

1. J. Long
2. C. Long
3. Dorsey
4. Gholston
5. Ellis/Ryan

chiefqueen
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM
A thought that came to my mind this morning while watching Mike & Mike is if he's still there (& if Jared Allen is traded) we ought to draft Chris Long. Reasoning: with Jared Allen gone it will be a position of need, it would really hack off Al Davis and Howie Long, and most importantly think about the "Star Wars" theme with the son being on the "good" side. We then use our second 1st rounder on an OT.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM
More like:

1. J. Long
2. C. Long
3. Dorsey
4. Gholston
5. Ellis/Ryan

Why can't it just be:

1. J. Long
2. C. Long
3. Ryan
4. McFadden
5. Dorsey

CosmicPal
04-22-2008, 11:30 AM
A thought that came to my mind this morning while watching Mike & Mike is if he's still there (& if Jared Allen is traded) we ought to draft Chris Long.

Uhhh, for that to happen, we would have to trade up. So, they are suggesting we trade a pick to move up ahead of Oakie and draft Chris Long?

the Talking Can
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM
More like:

1. J. Long
2. C. Long
3. Dorsey
4. Gholston
5. Ellis/Ryan

boy I hope so

Ellis/Ryan is my dream scenario... a win/win for the Chiefs...

and we'll ruin it by reaching for Clady....I just know it

eazyb81
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
More like:

1. J. Long
2. C. Long
3. Dorsey
4. Gholston
5. Ellis/Ryan

The insiders disagree with you.

Spicy McHaggis
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Ummmmm.....no.

What exactly is a fantasty draft anyways?

For me it's a black and tan poured by Eva Mendes.

chiefqueen
04-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Uhhh, for that to happen, we would have to trade up. So, they are suggesting we trade a pick to move up ahead of Oakie and draft Chris Long?

I've been hearing some of the talking heads speculate that Long could be the one that falls to 6-10 in the draft, especially if STL or ATL takes Ryan and the Faiders take McFadden.

Warrior5
04-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Aw crap. And I was sitting here writing an article about him.

Why stop? It's part of their secret agreement with the Chiefs... they draft Long on Saturday, then immediately trade him and their 3rd rounder to the Chiefs for Allen.

Keep writing.

el borracho

For me it's body shots with Laetitia Casta.

Carlota69

From what I've been reading, yes that is correct. They just can't negotiate with J. long (obviously). At least, I've read that on profootballtalk.com.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
A thought that came to my mind this morning while watching Mike & Mike is if he's still there (& if Jared Allen is traded) we ought to draft Chris Long. Reasoning: with Jared Allen gone it will be a position of need, it would really hack off Al Davis and Howie Long, and most importantly think about the "Star Wars" theme with the son being on the "good" side. We then use our second 1st rounder on an OT.

Ummmmmmmmmm... even if we signed JA to a 10 year extension and Chris Long was available at #5 we should draft him.

AustinChief
04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
From what I've been reading, yes that is correct. They just can't negotiate with J. long (obviously). At least, I've read that on profootballtalk.com.

If this is true, they would at least have to wait for him to sign.. I think they have agreed to terms but I don't think he has signed yet.

chiefqueen
04-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Ummmmmmmmmm... even if we signed JA to a 10 year extension and Chris Long was available at #5 we should draft him.

Let's think about this, Long or Allen force TO on opponents 20, Brodie falls on ball 3 times, PK kicks 40 yarder,....could work.

markk
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
youd have to be an idiot not to think the jets would take ryan if they had a chance

Rooster
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Why can't it just be:

1. J. Long
2. C. Long
3. Ryan
4. McFadden
5. Dorsey

That would be sweet.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Let's think about this, Long or Allen force TO on opponents 20, Brodie falls on ball 3 times, PK kicks 40 yarder,....could work.

If Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey were both gone, Chris Long would be BY FAR the BPA at #5.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Why can't it just be:

1. J. Long
2. C. Long
3. Ryan
4. McFadden
5. Dorsey

That's the absolute best case scenario.

AustinChief
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
OK, I have two sources now saying that once Long signs, the Rams are officially "on the clock" which means they can start negotiating. (though that is unlikely)

Mr. Flopnuts
That's the absolute best case scenario.

I'm saying my prayers and eating my vitamins bruther.

Chief Chief

Just some of the things about Chris Long that I wonder about:

- Did he work on his Uncle Owen's moisture farm?
- Did he have the hots for some chick who wears her hair rolled up in buns and, unaware to him, is really his twin sister?
- Due to having unconsumated passion for that gal, did this have any detrimental effects which, to some degree, contributed to a wrist/hand injury, resulting in major surgery to replace the muscles/tendons in that hand/wrist with a futuristic bionicle device?

StcChief
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
well should be interesting come Sat. if Jared Allen deal goes thru before hand.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Just some of the things about Chris Long that I wonder about:

- Did he work on his Uncle Owen's moisture farm?
- Did he have the hots for some chick who wears her hair rolled up in buns and, unaware to him, is really his twin sister?
- Due to having unconsumated passion for that gal, did this have any detrimental effects which, to some degree, contributed to a wrist/hand injury, resulting in major surgery to replace the muscles/tendons in that hand/wrist with a futuristic bionicle device?

What in the hell?

penguinz
04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Why the **** would you want to ruin a good poor of Guinness?

dirk digler
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Adam Schefter was saying that the Rams will go with Dorsey and the Falcons will choose Ryan. Which leaves us with McFadden, Long, Clady, Gholsten or Ellis depending on what the Raiders do.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Adam Schefter was saying that the Rams will go with Dorsey and the Falcons will choose Ryan. Which leaves us with McFadden, Long, Clady, Gholsten or Ellis depending on what the Raiders do.

I'd be extremely pleased with Glenn Dorsey or Chris Long since, IMO, they're the best 2 players in the draft. I would be happy with Ellis, ok with Ryan or Gholston and pissed with anyone else.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I'd be extremely pleased with Glenn Dorsey or Chris Long since, IMO, they're the best 2 players in the draft. I would be happy with Ellis, ok with Ryan or Gholston and pissed with anyone else.

That sums up my feelings exactly.

dirk digler
04-22-2008, 12:16 PM

It appears Dorsey will be gone so I would be happy with either Long, Ellis or Ryan. If we pick Clady I will probably go on a rampage at 1 Arrowhead Drive

xbarretx
04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
It appears Dorsey will be gone so I would be happy with either Long, Ellis or Ryan. If we pick Clady I will probably go on a rampage at 1 Arrowhead Drive

we can stage a Planet riot!!!!! :clap: and raid the draft party@!!!

recxjake
04-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Chris Long > Jared Allen

Stinger
04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
we can stage a Planet riot!!!!! :clap: and raid the draft party@!!!

Why waste the gas to go there when all the good stuff will be on the Planet might as well save the money and watch the meltdown.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Chris Long > Jared Allen

:stupid:

philfree
04-22-2008, 12:34 PM
So with the signing of Long it should make the rest of the 1st rounders easier to sign. Shouldn't it?

PhilFree:arrow:

Micjones
04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Ellis or Ryan (my preference) and let's be done with it.

markk
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
if we pick clady without moving down i'm going to go bezerk

recxjake
04-22-2008, 12:43 PM
5. Chris Long DE
17. Brandon Albert G
2nd. Sam Baker OT
3rd.
3rd.
4th.
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th
7th
7th

tiptap
04-22-2008, 12:43 PM
So with the signing of Long it should make the rest of the 1st rounders easier to sign. Shouldn't it?

Except QB's always want more even if picked later. That is the history. This is why I don't think KC will choose Ryan.

DJ_is_the_realdeal
04-22-2008, 01:04 PM
We should go ahead and pick Sedrick Ellis. Then get a second tier Left tackle in the second round. Do not pass on this guy. That way we can have Turk replace JA and try to salvage this D-line.

Brock
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
5. Chris Long DE
17. Brandon Albert G
2nd. Sam Baker OT
3rd.
3rd.
4th.
4th
5th
5th
6th
6th
7th
7th

Why do you keep posting this, dummy?

DJ_is_the_realdeal
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
We should go ahead and pick Sedrick Ellis. Then get a second tier Left tackle in the second round. Do not pass on this guy. That way we can have Turk replace JA and try to salvage this D-line.

Fish
04-22-2008, 01:17 PM

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2008, 01:20 PM

DJ_is_the_realdeal
04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't mind getting Albert but I hate when we try to switch players positions. Like we use to do with Safeties. Does this sound familiar? "He was a safety in college but we think Eric Warfield has the coverage abilities to become a cornerback." Yeah Right!!!!

DJ_is_the_realdeal
04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
You guys are cute! What grade are you two in? Does your mommy know you are on the internet?

Fruit Ninja
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Holy shit I'm tired of the Tom Brady in the 6th round comment.

Then replace Tom Brady's name with Jerry Rice.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Then replace Tom Brady's name with Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice was the greatest 6th round pick EVAR!!!!!!!!!! Oh, wait..

:doh!:

Smed1065
04-22-2008, 02:12 PM

:clap:

Mecca
04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Except QB's always want more even if picked later. That is the history. This is why I don't think KC will choose Ryan.

So we're to cheap to want to win?

J Diddy
04-22-2008, 02:35 PM

I agree but I think we'll have mn's pick in the middle of the draft which would be the perfect spot to pick an o linemen

KC Tattoo
04-22-2008, 02:40 PM
With the first pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select OT Jake Long, Michigan...

The St. Louis Rams are now on the clock...

philfree
04-22-2008, 02:55 PM

The thing about Ryan if we draft him is that he'll probably sit awhile anyway so getting him into camp ASAP although good isn't a must. I'm just thinking maybe we'll be able to get our guys signed before camp regardless of who we draft.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2008, 05:54 PM
it's looking like we are gonna get screwed

just take Ellis

Deberg_1990
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
it's looking like we are gonna get screwed

just take Ellis

How can you get screwed picking top 5?? Your going to get a very good player at #5. It might not be the player that you would want, but hes still going to be a good player. Relax and enjoy the ride...

Some of you guys are acting a bit irrationally....

beach tribe
04-22-2008, 06:38 PM

This seems like the best thing that could happen. C. Long, or Ellis.

Williams, or Otah.

beach tribe
04-22-2008, 06:40 PM
How can you get screwed picking top 5?? Your going to get a very good player at #5. It might not be the player that you would want, but hes still going to be a good player. Relax and enjoy the ride...

Some of you guys are acting a bit irrationally....

Unless his name is Matt Ryan.

TRR
04-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't mind Chris Long at #5 only if KC trades Jared Allen. However, I would hate to trade Allen away, and then turn around and have to replace him with a Top 5 pick, and wrap up that much money on the same position. I would really prefer to trade Allen, see what Turk McBride has to offer, and draft a DT or even Matt Ryan at #5.

...I'm also not too excited about Ellis at #5.

OnTheWarpath58
04-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't mind Chris Long at #5 only if KC trades Jared Allen. However, I would hate to trade Allen away, and then turn around and have to replace him with a Top 5 pick, and wrap up that much money on the same position. I would really prefer to trade Allen, see what Turk McBride has to offer, and draft a DT or even Matt Ryan at #5.

...I'm also not too excited about Ellis at #5.

People are going overboard with the thought of "replacing" Allen, IMO.

If Chris Long is there at 5, he's the BPA - period.

The Chiefs would have taken him regardless of whether or not they trade Allen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Jared Allen is an 11 year old who is one strike away from a year suspension and can't stop the run to save his life. He's not Bruce f*ckin' Smith, Ok?

beach tribe
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Funny how Parcells drafts Jake, and him being a RT has not been mentioned since. Because he's gonna be a killer LT for the next 10 yrs or so.