PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft I guess this means Gholston is a Chief?

Pages : [1] 2

kcfan82
04-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Fine by me....

http://www.ncaagridirongab.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/gholston-50.jpg

http://photo.the-ozone.net/photos/2007_2008/Football/07-09-01-FB-0080.jpg

http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/vernon+gholston_121707.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
He is one cock diesel motherf*cker. Probably can't even wipe his own ass.

Sure-Oz
04-22-2008, 09:43 PM
good god is that david boston?

Fish
04-22-2008, 09:44 PM
:shake:

BigRock
Call me crazy, I don't think we take him if he's there. Herm is all about film and not the workouts (see Tamba), and that's the big knock on Gholston: his workouts are great and his film is iffy.

Plus, people seem to think he's better suited for a 3-4 for whatever reason.

Mecca
It's possible, he'd be a monster in this defense.

PastorMikH
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Got this from ESPN about him...

It can get frustrating studying Gholston on film because he's inconsistent. There are times when he is flat-out dominant and there are other times that he will disappear.

If this is accurate, he'll fit in well here.

kcfan82
04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Call me crazy, I don't think we take him if he's there. Herm is all about film and not the workouts (see Tamba), and that's the big knock on Gholston: his workouts are great and his film is iffy.

Plus, people seem to think he's better suited for a 3-4 for whatever reason.

I hear you there.......

But my Michigan friend said that he is the only DE this year he saw lay an ass whipping on Jake Long and we need to replace a DE.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Got this from ESPN about him...

If this is accurate, he'll fit in well here.

Sounds alot like Jared Allen.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Well Herms number 1 thing is motivation so if you believe in Herm that means you believe he can turn Gholston into everything he can be because he has all the physical.

Personally Gholston to me will be very similar to what John Abraham was with the Jets under Herm.

KCChiefsMan
04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't be upset if we got him. I think I'd rather take him than Ellis.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Actually to rephrase I think he's more physically gifted then Abraham is but a similar style I should say.

Friendo
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
He is one cock diesel motherf*cker. Probably can't even wipe his own ass.

ROFLROFL

kcfan82
04-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Well Herms number 1 thing is motivation so if you believe in Herm that means you believe he can turn Gholston into everything he can be because he has all the physical.

Personally Gholston to me will be very similar to what John Abraham was with the Jets under Herm.

Abraham was riddled with injuries early on, but he did make the pro bowl. I'll take that, considering you can't predict injuries.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm being lowsided honestly, Vernon Gholstons physical upside is Bruce Smith but I don't want to lay that comparison on someone.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Merriman look a like

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
I hear you there.......

But my Michigan friend said that he is the only DE this year he saw lay an ass whipping on Jake Long and we need to replace a DE.

He got 1 sack. Not exactly an a-- whipping. He disappeared against lesser talent. The question would be can we get him to play all the time. He's nonexistant in the 4th quarter. Maybe he should spend a little more of that gym time on cardio...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Gholston is a better athlete than Merriman. It's not really even that close.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
He got 1 sack. Not exactly an a-- whipping. He disappeared against lesser talent. The question would be can we get him to play all the time. He's nonexistant in the 4th quarter. Maybe he should spend a little more of that gym time on cardio...

Isn't that the same kind of stuff this guy we are trading does that everyone loves?

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Gholston is a better athlete than Merriman. It's not really even that close.

That's an easy call, you'll never find a player at that position more athletic than Gholston..

Oh other thing about him, I'm pretty sure he's dedicated to being in shape and not sitting in the bar...

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm being lowsided honestly, Vernon Gholstons physical upside is Bruce Smith but I don't want to lay that comparison on someone.

What has he done to be compared to Bruce Smith!?! I guess you could say the same about any player that hasnt yet played a down in the NFL. Draft him on his potential to step up his game at the next level.:rolleyes:

dj56dt58
04-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Using a first on a DE to replace Allen would be stupid..maybe if we plan on using him at linebacker..

I say we take Ryan or Dorsey and OL at 17

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
What has he done to be compared to Bruce Smith!?! I guess you could say the same about any player that hasnt yet played a down in the NFL. Draft him on his potential to step up his game at the next level.:rolleyes:

He had 14 sacks in a BCS conference, for one.

Not only can the guy play, but Scott Steiner even called him the one true genetic freak.

Mecca

You didn't read my comment right did you?

Reread it and let it register.

melbar
Isn't that the same kind of stuff this guy we are trading does that everyone loves?

Allen made big plays when we needed it. He always brings it. Gholston doesnt. But hey, I hope if we end up with him Herm can light a fire under his but. Shouldnt have to do that for a pick this high...

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
He had 14 sacks in a BCS conference, for one.

Not only can the guy play, but Scott Steiner even called him the one true genetic freak.

I don't think he understands what "physical upside" means.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Using a first on a DE to replace Allen would be stupid..maybe if we plan on using him at linebacker..

I say we take Ryan or Dorsey and OL at 17

BPA doesn't stand for Best Position Available...

Vernon Gholston is the kind of athlete you see maybe once a decade.

kcfan82
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM

I'm just taking a Michigan fans word on it, I assume Long didn't give up many sacks this year?

At 6'4 260, with a 4.65 forty, 37 reps in the banch, and 35 inch vertical it's worth a shot if there isn't a an OT with as much upside.

OnTheWarpath15
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Allen made big plays when we needed it. He always brings it. Gholston doesnt. But hey, I hope if we end up with him Herm can light a fire under his but. Shouldnt have to do that for a pick this high...

Where was Allen in the 4th quarter of the Green Bay game.

What about the ENTIRE home game against the Raiders?

That's just 2 games off the top of my head....

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm just trying to understand why you wouldn't want a guy who is stronger than any other person in this draft, faster than every single person he'll line up against, and has produced at a high level against top notch competition.

Mecca
This is what I say about Gholston, everyone always wants another Derrick Thomas here, athletically speaking this guy is as close as you are gonna get to another DT.

kcfan82

Bruce Smith was 295 lbs and around 6 percent body fat, he was referring to physical potential.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Bruce Smith was 295 lbs and around 6 percent body fat, he was referring to physical potential.

Thank you, I'm glad most people understand what I meant.

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
You didn't read my comment right did you?

Reread it and let it register.

And...?

So what if you dont want to lay it on him, you still mentioned him in the same sentence with one of the best DE's to play the game because of his physical ability. Physical stats dont make you Bruce Smith.

Bruce wasnt a workout star who didnt back it up with his production.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
And...?

So what if you dont want to lay it on him, you still mentioned him in the same sentence with one of the best DE's to play the game because of his physical ability. Physical stats dont make you Bruce Smith.

Bruce wasnt a workout star who didnt back it up with his production.

What part of 14 motherf*cking sacks in 13 games in the Big Ten doesn't register in your skull?

CHIEF4EVER
04-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Carl is too stupid to take Gholston.

dj56dt58
04-22-2008, 10:14 PM
BPA doesn't stand for Best Position Available...

Vernon Gholston is the kind of athlete you see maybe once a decade.

it would be like trading allen for 2 3rd rounders

Stupid imo

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Gholston obviously doesn't perform even though he put up 14 sacks and beat everyones man crush Jake Long....

Gholston is obviously a nobody when LSU's entire offensive gameplan was designed to take him out. They weren't worried about Laurenitis or Jenkins the entire gameplan was based on Gholston.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM

Stupid imo

Gholston can be better than Allen, and more dedicated and not create off the field problems....

You don't just not take a DE because you traded Allen.

keg in kc
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I hope he proves me wrong if we draft him, but I don't see Gholston as top-5 calibre. He'd be a risky pick. He's got all the measurables, but I'm not sold on him as a football player, as opposed to an athlete.

Brock
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM

Stupid imo

I like Jared Allen, but he was no Derrick Thomas. Gholston has a chance to be that, IMO.

CHIEF4EVER
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Gholston can be better than Allen, and more dedicated and not create off the field problems....

You don't just not take a DE because you traded Allen.

I agree. If he is there when we pick we should be sprinting to the Commish with this pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:17 PM

Stupid imo

:spock:

If the Chiefs took Gholston at 5 even with Allen, it'd be a good pick. If they cloned Jared Allen, had him play both end spots and STILL took him, it'd be a good pick.

You can't play with only two ends. You need at least three, and they split time about evenly. Ask the Giants how unimportant Justin Tuck is to them.

You pay less money for a younger player with less risk, more upside, and you gain three picks out of the deal.

Stop with the Jr. Siavii, position-based, school of drafting.

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:18 PM
There are tons of guys with big muscles, it doesnt make them Hall of famers. Theres a couple of big guys at my gym too, but it doesnt effect their ability to play football. Guys still have to be football players. Bruce was also a lot bigger if you want to talk physical. This guy aint Bruce Smith. C Long is universally considered better. Gholston is seen by most as a 3-4 guy. Not a cover 2 guy.

Again, he's talented, and could take the next step, but most of the hype is because of the combine and those pics at the top of the page. Every guy out there says the film doesnt back up the hype.

Mecca
I hope he proves me wrong if we draft him, but I don't see Gholston as top-5 calibre. He'd be a risky pick. He's got all the measurables, but I'm not sold on him as a football player, as opposed to an athlete.

Does he need to put up 25 sacks for you to be sold?

the Talking Can

Stupid imo

no

its like trading him for a 1st and 2 thirds....jesus christ people....

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM

To paraphrase Don Francis, honestly, how many sacks would have been enough? 100? A thousand? Give us a number so we won't annoy you again... ;)

cdcox
This is what I say about Gholston, everyone always wants another Derrick Thomas here, athletically speaking this guy is as close as you are gonna get to another DT.

I don't know what DT's numbers were, but I see this guy as a half-step slower, but way stronger than DT. If people were convinced he could translate that talent into performance, he'd go #1 without any questions asked.

melbar
What part of 14 motherf*cking sacks in 13 games in the Big Ten doesn't register in your skull?

Great. Long had as many and several other guys had more. Doesnt make them top 5 picks for a cover 2 team. Are sack stats all that register in your skull?

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
There are tons of guys with big muscles, it doesnt make them Hall of famers. Theres a couple of big guys at my gym too, but it doesnt effect their ability to play football. Guys still have to be football players. Bruce was also a lot bigger if you want to talk physical. This guy aint Bruce Smith. C Long is universally considered better. Gholston is seen by most as a 3-4 guy. Not a cover 2 guy.

Again, he's talented, and could take the next step, but most of the hype is because of the combine and those pics at the top of the page. Every guy out there says the film doesnt back up the hype.

It must just be me but I don't love Chris Long, I don't think he'll bust but there is a legit chance that he'll only be a solid player that records is 7-10 sacks a year but never dominates.

tk13
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
I actually agree with Mecca, if we ended up with Gholston and Groves, that right there probably make a good draft. I think a rotation of Gholston/Groves/Hali could be pretty strong.... it would mask a lot of other defensive problems... just like the Giants big 3 pass rushers do.

And we'd still have so many picks left over, we would still have the chance to legitimately draft an average to above-average starting LT and RT.

Brock
04-22-2008, 10:21 PM
It must just be me but I don't love Chris Long, I don't think he'll bust but there is a legit chance that he'll only be a solid player that records is 7-10 sacks a year but never dominates.

I think he'll be a very solid 10 year player, just like his old man.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Vernon Gholston is a prototypical Cover 2 end. He is undersized and fast as hell. He's as big as Dwight Freeney, stronger, and faster, and he was a better college player.

Mecca
I actually agree with Mecca, if we ended up with Gholston and Groves, that right there probably make a good draft. I think a rotation of Gholston/Groves/Hali could be pretty strong.... it would mask a lot of other defensive problems... just like the Giants big 3 pass rushers do.

And we'd still have so many picks left over, we would still have the chance to legitimately draft an average to above-average starting LT and RT.

Gholston and Groves would be outstanding they are prototypes for this defense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Great. Long had as many and several other guys had more. Doesnt make them top 5 picks for a cover 2 team. Are sack stats all that register in your skull?

If the guy was a great player in college and has all the tools you need to succeed in the pros, what about that doesn't scream elite prospect.

Bill Parcells will rue the motherf*cking day he passed on Vernon Gholston. I guarantee it.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Vernon Gholston is a prototypical Cover 2 end. He is undersized and fast as hell. He's as big as Dwight Freeney, stronger, and faster, and he was a better college player.

22 .5 sacks in the last 2 years 30.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage what a bum

That Vernon he's just a workout warrior he never produced eh? Some people just see numbers and don't realize he has the ridiculous natural talent and production.

kcfan82
04-22-2008, 10:24 PM

He also ran a 4.65 and had a vertical jump of 35 inches, ask the 260 lb guys at your gym if they can do that :)

He's a right defensive end which means stay at home on the run and pin your ears back and kill the QB on a pass, not really the toughest posistion to play outside of beating the man in front of you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:24 PM
22 .5 sacks in the last 2 years 30.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage what a bum

That Vernon he's just a workout warrior he never produced eh? Some people just see numbers and don't realize he has the ridiculous natural talent and production.

That's why I chose him at #1.

cdcox
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
I think he'll be a very solid 10 year player, just like his old man.

Yeah, they put solid 10 year players in the hall every year.

SBK
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Ok, I've changed my mind. I'm totally cool with Gholston. I never figured he'd be around for our pick, but you never know.....

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:26 PM
That's why I chose him at #1.

I think they should have gone with him 1st too.....

Brock
04-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, they put solid 10 year players in the hall every year.

WTF, did I not kiss his ass enough for you?

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:27 PM

I guess we're just on opposite sides of the fence on this one. I think Long would be a better pick for a number of reasons. Character, intelligence, motor, etc. He also had just as many sacks as VG. Gholston is a Physical specimen who could be very good if he could be more consistent. I think most of the "experts" hold the same opinion. I just dont think he's a cover 2 guy either.

JBucc
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Gholston could be good coming off the edge in a cover 2. I don't think he has the moves of a Freeney but is stronger. Not my first, or second choice but I wouldn't complain.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
How does Gholston have character flaws? And now he's dumb too?

We don't know these men for all you know Gholston is a great guy who's smart.

cdcox
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
WTF, did I not kiss his ass enough for you?

Acturally, if you'd called him a cheating cocksucker, I'd been okay with it.

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
He also ran a 4.65 and had a vertical jump of 35 inches, ask the 260 lb guys at your gym if they can do that :)

He's a right defensive end which means stay at home on the run and pin your ears back and kill the QB on a pass, not really the toughest posistion to play outside of beating the man in front of you.

Thats my point. He doesnt anchor well against the run, and he takes plays and games off. Just being a physical specimen doesnt make him a great NFL player. You got to give it every play and in his college career he didnt do that consistantly speed and muscles or not.

suds79
04-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Not quite certain if Gholston is my 1st choice but from what I see all the draft experts call him the best pure pass rusher in this draft so I'd be okay with it.

Mr. Arrowhead
I think im on the Gholston Bandwagon now, the more i think about. This guy is just a beast

Mecca
Gholston actually plays the run pretty well, better than most pass rushers, he plays on the right side for christ sake the strong side end.

Tribal Warfare
remember what Herm said at the predraft presser, he also looks at guys who have intangibles that can dictate a game. There are reports that Gholston lack motiivation, thus II wouldn't select him if he was available due to that.Personally, I would pass on Gholston, because of the bust factor.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I think it's funny that people think he needs 25 sacks to prove that "he was productive"

DJ_is_the_realdeal
04-22-2008, 10:34 PM
You guys don't think Ellis would be a great first pick? You can put Turk and Tamba on the outside with Ellis and Tank in the middle. Im excited about this draft. We have a lot of picks in the early rounds. I know alot of you dont like Herm's coaching style but the man has an eye for talent.

keg in kc
04-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Does he need to put up 25 sacks for you to be sold?It would probably help if he didn't go to Ohio State. It would take maybe 1000 sacks to get over my sheer level of loathing for that program.

Like I said, Gholston strikes me as more of a physical specimen than a football player. That doesn't mean he can't develop into one, but I see him as somebody who's going to have to work a great deal on his technique, his recognition of both blocking and plays and just his overall understanding of the game. He's not going to be able to depend solely on his athletic ability in the pros. And that's exactly what I think he did in college.

Which is why I think it would be a risk at 5. But, hey, I don't spend a billion hours going over every play he ran his entire college career, which is why it won't bother me a bit if the Chiefs take him. I'm not the kind of guy who can fool himself into thinking he's even in the same galaxy as a pro scouting staff when it comes to knowledge of these players, or projection of what they'll be down the road.

Pablo
I'm all about it. I'm already over JA, just thinking of the monstrous beast this guy is. If anyone actually watched OSU football consistently they'd realize what an amazing disruption this guy can be..he can totally dominate the line,and he's just a freak...he's a super-human beastman ready to skullf*** the AFC West.

beach tribe
Gholston, Ellis, or Long are fine by me.

I like the "playing HOFer daddy's team after being snubbed by them" story twice a year.
He would make them pay.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:36 PM
You guys don't think Ellis would be a great first pick? You can put Turk and Tamba on the outside with Ellis and Tank in the middle. Im excited about this draft. We have a lot of picks in the early rounds. I know alot of you dont like Herm's coaching style but the man has an eye for talent.

For a cover 2 Turk is more suited to be in the middle...

Gholston can be an elite pass rusher and I suspect he will be one, for a cover 2 I'm going to say that Gholston can rival and possibly be better than Simeon Rice was in Tampa.

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:37 PM
How does Gholston have character flaws? And now he's dumb too?

We don't know these men for all you know Gholston is a great guy who's smart.

I didnt say he had character flaws or that he isnt smart. Having grown up with a pro-bowl father his football IQ both on the field and in the locker room has been sited as one of his strong suites. Gholston may be a great guy, but those things arent touted as his strengths like they are for Long.

beach tribe
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM

Ellis is the only one that I belive to be a sure fire Impact player,

I see Chris as a rock. Very good for a long time, but not a superstar.

Gholston is BOOOM, or bust. I would bet on boom, but he scares me.

BTW Herm's eye for talent seems to be more myth than anything. Maybe it's because it's what HE"S best at, but from the pure draft record he's far from the best at it.

kcfan82
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm all about it. I'm already over JA, just thinking of the monstrous beast this guy is. If anyone actually watched OSU football consistently they'd realize what an amazing disruption this guy can be..he can totally dominate the line,and he's just a freak...he's a super-human beastman ready to skullf*** the AFC West.

That pretty much sums up my opinion....

CanadaKC
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't know...but it looks like he could rip off a silverback gorilla's head with those guns...

SBK
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Saturday cannot get here fast enough. I need a flux capacitor.

Pablo
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Gholston is an athlete...but you really don't have to be much more than that when you're a DE on the right side..push the OT out of your way and run your big, strong ass as fast as you can into the QB's spine. Pretty simple..doubt he'll be dropping back in coverage much and making reads if we're playing him at DE. He's been a great football player at one of the premier programs in the nation, we'd be lucky to have him fall into our lap.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 10:45 PM
All this talk about not drafting a DE. Hmmph. I hope we take C. Long or Gholston in the first and can land Groves in the 2nd. We NEED to build both units from the line out. We NEED 3 DE's.

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:45 PM
How bout this scenario?
Say ATL is torn between Dorsey and Ryan. We offer our 3rd round pick to jump up to #3 and get Dorey if Long goes #2. They would still get Ryan at 5 since OAK has no need. We still need DE later, but we get a dominate player in the middle. Would Dorsey be a pick we could agree on?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Gholston, Ellis, or Long are fine by me.

I like the "playing HOFer daddy's team after being snubbed by them" story twice a year.
He would make them pay.

Dorsey is still the best hope that we have. He's the 2nd best prospect in this draft IMO. We can't take the best. We have LJ.

Mecca
I think 5 years from now Gholston will be considered the best player from this draft as he's every year pro bowler that puts up 15+ sacks every year.

Mr. Flopnuts
How bout this scenario?
Say ATL is torn between Dorsey and Ryan. We offer our 3rd round pick to jump up to #3 and get Dorey if Long goes #2. They would still get Ryan at 5 since OAK has no need. We still need DE later, but we get a dominate player in the middle. Would Dorsey be a pick we could agree on?

I'd be cool with that, but it'll never happen IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM

This is my favorite post EVAR!! ROFL ROFL

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I think 5 years from now Gholston will be considered the best player from this draft as he's every year pro bowler that puts up 15+ sacks every year.

In 5 years, lets compare notes on our positions.:D

I'll gladly eat crow if its called for.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:48 PM
With Gholston the thing everyone needs to realize is he is strong and fast, he doesn't have 1 move. A big slow hulking OT, he'll run by him, a small nimble OT, he'll bull through him...and he can mix his moves with the elite OT's.

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm all about it. I'm already over JA, just thinking of the monstrous beast this guy is. If anyone actually watched OSU football consistently they'd realize what an amazing disruption this guy 's just a freak...he's a super-human beastman ready to skullf*** the AFC West.

Here's the point again can be. He still didnt do it consistantly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Gholston is an 18 sack guy.

There, I said it.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I guess Gholston should have had 20 sacks or something.....

Jared Allen blows because he didn't show up every game!

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YE2y_ypR9wQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YE2y_ypR9wQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigRedChief
Allen disappeared and got mauled during running plays also. Remember those first years when he bit on that damn Plummer bootleg every time?
But FTR I'd like Long instead of Gholston but if he's gone who else you going to take that has the value at #5? McFadden?

Pablo
Here's the point again can be. He still didnt do it consistantly.Jake Long was pretty consistent at getting out-performed by Gholston in the UM/OSU game.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Jake Long was pretty consistent at getting out-performed by Gholston in the UM/OSU game.

Gholston basically raped everyone on Michigans Oline in that game.

Mr. Kotter
04-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I would say DE for the 5th pick, and LT for the 17th pick in the first round....seems pretty reasonable at this point.

However, BAA...may change that calculus, in a very deep draft in which we will STILL have 11 picks after the first round.

:hmmm:

Pablo
04-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Gholston basically raped everyone on Michigans Oline in that game.Yeah..but he really should have had 9 sacks that game..just to show he's consistent.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Just to be frank I consider Gholston a top 3 prospect in the draft regardless of anyones "mock" draft.

jjchieffan
I would be happy with Long, Gholston, Ellis, or Dorsey. One of them is guaranteed to be there when we pick. I still would have preferred Jake Long, but now that he is gone, there is no sense in going OT at 5. We can address that at 17. I don't want to see Ryan drafted here either. I am ready for Saturday already!

melbar
Gholston basically raped everyone on Michigans Oline in that game.

...and if he did that every game, I'd be higher on the guy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Mecca, I think our Gholston Information Ministry has worked pretty well. In the last hour half the board has transformed from Dorsey/Ellis into ready to see him rip Jay Cutler's entire spinal column from his back at midfield and put it in his suitcase of trophies ala Predator.

melbar
04-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah..but he really should have had 9 sacks that game..just to show he's consistent.

consistancy isnt 1 game.

CanadaKC
04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Rep on the video ChiefsCountry!!! I'm officially kicking my wife and daughter out of the house on saturday....

Mecca
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Mecca, I think our Gholston Information Ministry has worked pretty well. In the last hour half the board has transformed from Dorsey/Ellis into ready to see him rip Jay Cutler's entire spinal column from his back at midfield and put it in his suitcase of trophies ala Predator.

All that it took was putting the info out. For some reason Gholston has 0 hype. He plays one of the premium positions with ridiculous natural talent and produced.

I like Gholston more than I like Dorsey to be honest...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Vernon Gholston uses the Shroud of Turin as a golf towel.

Pablo
04-22-2008, 11:02 PM
...and if he did that every game, I'd be higher on the guy.If Matt Ryan threw 5 TD's a game and 400 yards I'd be a little higher on him. Fairly unreasonable expectations.

KC4EVER
04-22-2008, 11:03 PM
At this point I truly wouldn't be suprised to see us trade out of the 5th spot for more picks. I'm ok with the trade but King Carl and Herm better score big on all 3 picks for giving up one of the best DE in the league!

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I have Gholston 4th on my board behind Dorsey, Chris Long, and Ellis. I like Dorsey and Ellis better than Gholston mainly bc it is a hell of lot harder to find the Warren Sapp type DT's than the Derrick Thomas/Shawne Merriman/Simeon Rice type pass rushers. I will be happy with any of those 4 guys though.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
If Matt Ryan threw 5 TD's a game and 400 yards I'd be a little higher on him. Fairly unreasonable expectations.

People bitch about Ryan because he isn't the perfect QB prospect well Gholston is a prototype end if you were going to build a end it'd look like him and have his skills yet people don't like him either?!?!

melbar
04-22-2008, 11:05 PM

I noticed in your own mock you chose Ellis over Gholston....

1a. Sedrick Ellis DT
1b. Chris Williams LT
2. Carl Nicks RT
3a. Charles Godfrey CB
3b. Chris Ellis DE
3c. Eric Young OG
4. Mike Pollack C
5a. Kerry Brown OG
5b. Keenan Burton WR
6a. Wesley Woodyard OLB
6b. Dwight Lowery CB
7a. Caleb Campbell SS
7b. Jalen Parmele RB

Been on the bandwaggon long?

Pablo
consistancy isnt 1 game.Watch college football much? What is consistency in your book? There really aren't enough #1 draft pick pro-style OT's in the nation for Gholston to have raped one each week.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Watch him just stomp the dog piss out of Jake Long at the 3:00 minute mark.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YE2y_ypR9wQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YE2y_ypR9wQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mr. Kotter
Vernon Gholston uses the Shroud of Turin as a golf towel.

Hell, all the more reason to draft the bitch....NO fear..... :thumb:

Mecca
I have Gholston 4th on my board behind Dorsey, Chris Long, and Ellis. I like Dorsey and Ellis better than Gholston mainly bc it is a hell of lot harder to find the Warren Sapp type DT's than the Derrick Thomas/Shawne "roidman" Merriman/Simeon Rice type pass rushers. I will be happy with any of those 4 guys though.

I don't know about that man, I think Gholston is a very rare one.

That video you posted, the thing I want everyone to notice in that video is his first step quickness. He is out of his stance and coming across the line almost every single time before any of the other lineman O or D are even out of their stances yet.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I noticed in your own mock you chose Ellis over Gholston....

1a. Sedrick Ellis DT
1b. Chris Williams LT
2. Carl Nicks RT
3a. Charles Godfrey CB
3b. Chris Ellis DE
3c. Eric Young OG
4. Mike Pollack C
5a. Kerry Brown OG
5b. Keenan Burton WR
6a. Wesley Woodyard OLB
6b. Dwight Lowery CB
7a. Caleb Campbell SS
7b. Jalen Parmele RB

Been on the bandwaggon long?

I still think St. Louis takes him at 2.

beach tribe
04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
He is very impressive.

Thig Lyfe
04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah..but he really should have had 9 sacks that game..just to show he's consistent.

Heh.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
I still think St. Louis takes him at 2.

I'll be surprised I think they'll take one of the bigger names...

melbar
People bitch about Ryan because he isn't the perfect QB prospect well Gholston is a prototype end if you were going to build a end it'd look like him and have his skills yet people don't like him either?!?!

Actually the prototype is 280 and min. is around 255. Gholston is 260. He's acutally a little small for NFL prototype.

Pablo
People bitch about Ryan because he isn't the perfect QB prospect well Gholston is a prototype end if you were going to build a end it'd look like him and have his skills yet people don't like him either?!?!Pretty much..when you build a player on Madden..you build Gholston.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Lets also understand the versatility of Gholston this man can stand up and give you the ability to do many looks..

I'm telling you this guy can be like Derrick Thomas.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Actually the prototype is 280 and min. is around 255. Gholston is 260. He's acutally a little small for NFL prototype.

He's 268. That is a prototype for a Cover 2 End. He's not a 3-4 end, and we aren't playing a traditional man-coverage 4-3. We need pressure from our front four.

Pablo
04-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Actually the prototype is 280 and min. is around 255. Gholston is 260. He's acutally a little small for NFL prototype.In 1997 the prototype was 280. NFL players are getting slimmer and faster.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Pretty much..when you build a player on Madden..you build Gholston.

Actually, when the Angel visited Mary for the Immaculate Conception he told her she was going to give birth to Gholston, but she was afraid that having to give birth to the Destroyer of Worlds would annihilate her own vagina, so she settled for Christ.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll be surprised I think they'll take one of the bigger names...

They'd be idiots to take anyone other than Ellis or Gholston if they actually change to a 3-4.

CanadaKC
04-22-2008, 11:12 PM
You are on fire tonight Hamas...:clap:

melbar
04-22-2008, 11:13 PM
He's 268. That is a prototype for a Cover 2 End. He's not a 3-4 end, and we aren't playing a traditional man-coverage 4-3. We need pressure from our front four.

I've never seen him listed that high, actually lighter is more prominant, but just about every profile out there lists him as a LB/DE prototype for the 3/4. ST. Louis hasnt changed to 3-4 as far as I know. Miami would have actually been a nice fit for his strengths.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 11:14 PM
They'd be idiots to take anyone other than Ellis or Gholston if they actually change to a 3-4.

This is the Rams, I think they'll play it safe and go with Long or Dorsey, it doesn't upset the fan base and if the guy isn't that good they say hey everyone thought the same thing we did.

Pablo
04-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Actually, when the Angel visited Mary for the Immaculate Conception he told her she was going to give birth to Gholston, but she was afraid that having to give birth to the Destroyer of Worlds would annihilate her own vagina, so she settled for Christ.And there will be much gnashing of teeth. Invesco will swim in the blood of virgins(Jay Cutler namely), as the supreme centaur of terror and pestilence rains hours of terror down upon the evil and innocent, irrespective of color or creed, lusting only for the marrow of those who dare defy his God-like will.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/vernongholston.html

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87746&SPID=10408&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1059303&Q_SEASON=2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Gholston

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=12144&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d12144

Nothing lower than 264.

melbar
Actually, when the Angel visited Mary for the Immaculate Conception he told her she was going to give birth to Gholston, but she was afraid that having to give birth to the Destroyer of Worlds would annihilate her own vagina, so she settled for Christ.

Man, there's just a little too much man-love in here for me. Seriously, this is a little scary...:shake:

JBucc
He weighed 266 at the combine and his pro day.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 11:19 PM
You know what I love.....how his scouting report says...

Has an outstanding motor.
A hard worker with top intangibles
Very productive.

Didn't we have some people argue in this thread that he was lazy?

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't know about that man, I think Gholston is a very rare one.

That video you posted, the thing I want everyone to notice in that video is his first step quickness. He is out of his stance and coming across the line almost every single time before any of the other lineman O or D are even out of their stances yet.

I think Dorsey and Ellis can be Warren Sapp type, since I started following football around 91/92 I have only seen two maybe three truly special DT's - Sapp, John Randle, and Tommie Harris. Big time pass rushers - DT, Rice, Merriman, Freeney are guys that remind me of Gholston. It would be a tough call for me between Dorsey/Ellis and Gholston.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I found Gholston's wallet. It's made from the skins of Aztec Warriors.

http://www.bmfwallets.com/

Pablo
04-22-2008, 11:25 PM

http://www.bmfwallets.com/He has a keychain fashioned from the foreskins of grizzly bears he hunted with plastic silverware, while wearing a honey-smeared meat tunic.

BigRedChief
04-22-2008, 11:26 PM

http://www.bmfwallets.com/
Doesn't matter. King Carl will take Albert at #5.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Doesn't matter. King Carl will take Albert at #5.

Cmon, why you gotta rain on the parade?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
He has a keychain fashioned from the foreskins of grizzly bears he hunted with plastic silverware, while wearing a honey-smeared meat tunic.

ROFL ROFL

JohnnyV13
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Well...it looks like Chris Long and Gholston are the primary targets, but we could still get Dorsey, Ellis or Ryan.

BigRedChief
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Cmon, why you gotta rain on the parade?
I'll be so pissed if they take Albert at #5. I'll go so postal that I'll be on the front page of the KC Star on Sunday.

Long and Clady is our best options now.

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I'll be so pissed if they take Albert at #5. I'll go so postal that I'll be on the front page of the KC Star on Sunday.

Long and Clady is our best options now.

Clady - that is way worse than Albert.

Rausch
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
He weighed 266 at the combine and his pro day.

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Allen was drafted with a supplemental fourth-round pick out of Idaho State in 2004.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
I wonder if he used any illegal supplements?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:49 PM

LMAO Now that is ****in hilarious.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
He has a keychain fashioned from the foreskins of grizzly bears he hunted with plastic silverware, while wearing a honey-smeared meat tunic.

LMAO En Fuego.

Chiefs Pantalones
So really, who do we pick at 5 and 17, realistically?

Is Matt Ryan still an option at 5?

Rausch
I wonder if he used any illegal supplements?

Semantics...

Rausch
04-22-2008, 11:52 PM

I would think.

But the FO has done everything possible to make the pick completely unpredictable. And pulled it off for once...

wazu
04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
OMG what a circle jerk. Gholston won't be half the pro Allen is. Regardless it won't matter since he'll be gone before we draft.

Rausch
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
OMG what a circle jerk. Gholston won't be half the pro Allen is. Fortunately it won't matter since he'll be gone before we draft.

He's my least favorite option.

Shame the guy isn't a MLB...

Frazod
04-23-2008, 12:00 AM

I'll still be furious if we don't give Croyle another year. Draft some decent linemen and see what the kid can do when he isn't running for his life.

And if this strategy fails, it's not like we won't be in a position to take the best available QB next year.

SBK
04-23-2008, 12:00 AM
OMG what a circle jerk. Gholston won't be half the pro Allen is. Regardless it won't matter since he'll be gone before we draft.

Find a new team douche. I recommend the Vikings, they need some more nut fluffers. :#

wazu
04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Find a new team douche.

No, I still prefer not.

KevB
04-23-2008, 12:04 AM

I really expect one of Dorsey/Ellis or C Long/Gholston to go at 5. At 17, the crew at 1 Arrowhead Dr. prays that one of Albert/Clady/Chris Williams/Jeff Otah fall. If not, I think somebody will have fallen that wasn't project to, like Dom Rodgers Cromartie. Herm wouldn't be able to resist....

wazu
04-23-2008, 12:04 AM
I'll still be furious if we don't give Croyle another year. Draft some decent linemen and see what the kid can do when he isn't running for his life.

And if this strategy fails, it's not like we won't be in a position to take the best available QB next year.

I hope this is at least the strategy taken this year. Let's find out what we have with Croyle. He's got a great arm. If he turns a corner, I see it as our one potential way out of this mess.

stlchiefs
04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Jebus. Dudes arms are almost as big as mine.

SithCeNtZ
04-23-2008, 12:06 AM

I'm not here because I like Gholston, I just don't want prostate cancer.

J Diddy
04-23-2008, 12:08 AM

were you saying that about allen before we drafted him

Mecca
04-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Gholston is gonna be available atleast it sure looks that way.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I hope this is at least the strategy taken this year. Let's find out what we have with Croyle. He's got a great arm. If he turns a corner, I see it as our one potential way out of this mess.

Croyle costs next to nothing. If we took a QB in the 1st or 2nd and Croyle doesn't pan out he can be cut without a problem.

If he's good/above average but our new QB has more upside Croyle could be traded easy and we've bought low and sold high. And, for once, have a b/u plan.

If Croyle does work out we'd still have the cap to pay the other QB to sit. I mean, really, what a luxury that would be...

wazu
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Croyle costs next to nothing. If we took a QB in the 1st or 2nd and Croyle doesn't pan out he can be cut without a problem.

If he's good/above average but our new QB has more upside Croyle could be traded easy and we've bought low and sold high. And, for once, have a b/u plan.

If Croyle does work out we'd still have the cap to pay the other QB to sit. I mean, really, what a luxury that would be...

And if I saw a QB out there that I thought was clearly better than Croyle, I'd say go for it. As it stands I'm not convinced. We have sacrificed the team's best player for this draft. I don't want to come away with a back-up QB in the first round.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 12:17 AM
And if I saw a QB out there that I thought was clearly better than Croyle, I'd say go for it. As it stands I'm not convinced. We have sacrificed the team's best player for this draft. I don't want to come away with a back-up QB in the first round.

Unless we add 2 probowl lineman before camp we're going to see at least 2 deep on the depth chart at QB anyway...

wazu
04-23-2008, 12:21 AM
were you saying that about allen before we drafted him

No. I'd never heard of him. I pray we strike gold this year like we did with him. I also know it's very unlikely. Whereas, if we had actually kept him, the idea of striking gold with Jared Allen would be much more likely.

It's about time for me to go to bed now. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find this is all just a horrible, horrible nightmare, and we haven't really just dumped our best player for picks.

Later all. Don't worry, I'll be back to wail and cry for months/years/decades to come.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Is the QB class pretty good next year?

If not, we should take Ryan. Croyle isn't going to amount to nothing, IMO, but we'll see on Saturday how the Chiefs feel about that.

J Diddy
04-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Unless we add 2 probowl lineman before camp we're going to see at least 2 deep on the depth chart at QB anyway...

and that's an optimistic point of view

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM

Everytime you post something football related, I'm thankful for all the times you didn't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Here's the way it is:

If Chris Williams is available at 17, we get the best pure pass blocking tackle in the draft. That's what LT's are designed to do. Even if we don't find another tackle in the draft (which is itself highly unlikely), we can move McIntosh to Rt. You don't need 5 HOF lineman to have a good offense. You people have such a hard-on for OL that it blinds you to the importance of other positions.

Say we get Williams at 17...we are set at both tackle positions. If the value is there in R2 for a guy like Carl Nicks or Cherilus we can take them and move McIntosh to guard. If not, we can still get a very very good DE, CB, or WR.

We have enough picks in the mid rounds that we can pluck interior lineman and Cover-2 style CBs. I don't think people understand that there is a very real possibility we could get 8 starters from this draft.

Do you know how huge that is??

Mecca
04-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Is the QB class pretty good next year?

If not, we should take Ryan. Croyle isn't going to amount to nothing, IMO, but we'll see on Saturday how the Chiefs feel about that.

Next years QB class is kind of crappy.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Without reading through this thread (I know, my bad), the pictures of Gholston remind me of the pictures of Tank Tyler last year. Those pics showed a ripped Tyler and people were absolutely salivating at the prospect of getting him in the second round, if at all.

A season later and people were calling him a bust, even though he fell to the late third, which is absolutely ridiculous.

All I'm saying is that regardless of player lust and pictures, unless these choices turn out to be sure-fire, first year Pro-Bowl caliber players, people will be here bitching throughout next season and next off-season.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Here's the way it is:

If Chris Williams is available at 17, we get the best pure pass blocking tackle in the draft. That's what LT's are designed to do. Even if we don't find another tackle in the draft (which is itself highly unlikely), we can move McIntosh to Rt. You don't need 5 HOF lineman to have a good offense. You people have such a hard-on for OL that it blinds you to the importance of other positions.

Say we get Williams at 17...we are set at both tackle positions. If the value is there in R2 for a guy like Carl Nicks or Cherilus we can take them and move McIntosh to guard. If not, we can still get a very very good DE, CB, or WR.

We have enough picks in the mid rounds that we can pluck interior lineman and Cover-2 style CBs. I don't think people understand that there is a very real possibility we could get 8 starters from this draft.

If the Chiefs draft Ryan/Long/Gholston then Williams/Otah/Albert/Merling, the Baker/Cherilus/Brohm or any combo of the above, I'll be doing somersaults in my family room.

Even before the Allen trade, the 2008 NFL Draft was without a doubt, the most IMPORTANT draft in the history of the Chiefs.

Let's just ALL recite Shepard's Prayer before the beginning of the draft, with the Chiefs in mind.

Rausch

You didn't get the memo?

We have to lose at least 11 games next year or the rebuild doesn't count.

Chiefs Pantalones
Next years QB class is kind of crappy.

Hopefully the Chiefs have looked into that and take it into consideration. I don't want to be stuck with a crappy QB for two years because the draft class is shit. We should take Ryan now, IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Hopefully the Chiefs have looked into that and take it into consideration. I don't want to be stuck with a crappy QB for two years because the draft class is shit. We should take Ryan now, IMO.

If Dorsey goes 2, then Ryan goes 3. I put the Flopnut stamp of approval on it.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 12:50 AM

Yeah I see that happening actually. Just hoping as all us Chiefs fans do. ;)

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah I see that happening actually. Just hoping as all us Chiefs fans do. ;)

Yeah. I'm praying to the sweet baby Jesus to let us get Dorsey.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Without reading through this thread (I know, my bad), the pictures of Gholston remind me of the pictures of Tank Tyler last year. Those pics showed a ripped Tyler and people were absolutely salivating at the prospect of getting him in the second round, if at all.

A season later and people were calling him a bust, even though he fell to the late third, which is absolutely ridiculous.

All I'm saying is that regardless of player lust and pictures, unless these choices turn out to be sure-fire, first year Pro-Bowl caliber players, people will be here bitching throughout next season and next off-season.

Watch the video of him knocking the #1 overall pick, who outweighs him by close to 70 pounds, flat on his ass, and then we can talk about the "sexiness" of the pictures.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 12:52 AM

If that happens, you're looking at Chris Long 4 and the Chiefs looking at Gholston Ellis and OT reaches.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
If that happens, you're looking at Chris Long 4 and the Chiefs looking at Gholston Ellis and OT reaches.

They're not going OT now. I'd almost guarantee it. I think if that's how it falls it's either Gholston or Ellis. I wouldn't cry about it either way. Although I still would prefer Ellis. I think he's a beast himself.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
I'd like to know what the downside is to getting a player like Gholston, who is younger, cheaper, no more risky, and not a complete f*cking dumbass in every aspect of his life, as compared to Jesus H. Allen?

Mr. Flopnuts

I agree with you too. No way Oakland passes on Chris Long. Everyone talked about them taking McFadden because everyone assumed C. Long would be off the board.

Rausch

Or a trade down.

A trade down now would just be a sick amount of 1st day picks...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
I'd like to know what the downside is to getting a player like Gholston, who is younger, cheaper, no more risky, and not a complete f*cking dumbass in every aspect of his life, as compared to Jesus H. Allen?

I love this deal. It's the right move at the right time for the first time in a goddamned long time.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 12:57 AM

This is probably going to sound bad but he's not white....

Allen was a player alot of fans here could relate to because he was a star player that was white and they felt was alot like them being a likeable country boy or some such.

Many fans seem to feel like they didn't just lose a player but they lost one of their buddies, so in short Gholston won't be the cities drinkin buddy.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Watch the video of him knocking the #1 overall pick, who outweighs him by close to 70 pounds, flat on his ass, and then we can talk about the "sexiness" of the pictures.

Oh no, I'm with you. I think he's going to be a very good NFL player.

It's just that if the Chiefs pick him and he's not a superstar immediately, people around here will claim he sucks.

Just like Hali. Or LJ.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 12:58 AM

Allen was a player alot of fans here could relate to because he was a star player that was white and they felt was alot like them being a likeable country boy or some such.

Many fans seem to feel like they didn't just lose a player but they lost one of their buddies, so in short Gholston won't be the cities drinkin buddy.

You don't think that Marlboro Chief and Hog Farmer will be out partying with Gholston? :evil:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh no, I'm with you. I think he's going to be a very good NFL player.

It's just that if the Chiefs pick him and he's not a superstar immediately, people around here will claim he sucks.

Just like Hali. Or LJ.

Yeah.

Well, look at the dumbasses in the 8-8 crowd crawl out of the woodwork for their chicken little fests tonight.

Oh NOES!! We didn't get Ryan Clady at #5 to fix all of our offense's problems. We were one guy away!! We ruined it ALL!!

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
hmmm here's a good question...

Chris Long or Gholston, if it comes between the two?

I know Gholston is projected to be a more 3-4 type of player, but when you can have an athlete like that on the field and give him the right coaching, wow...

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:00 AM
I'd just like to say even though people feel I'm negative toward Hali he has been so far exactly what I thought he'd be..a good solid player but he doesn't have much upside.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 01:01 AM

YOU KNOW ITS SAD BUT TRUE!!! :rockon:

Mecca

I know Gholston is projected to be a more 3-4 type of player, but when you can have an athlete like that on the field and give him the right coaching, wow...

Gholston is 265 he is fine as a DE especially in this defense...

Gholston is much more athletic with a much greater upside Long is safe...I personally like Gholston more but that's just me I think.

I think Chris Long will play for a long time and be a good solid guy who gets around 10 sacks a year but I don't see him as a dominating game changer I believe Gholston is that.

DaneMcCloud

Tough call.

High motor guy versus an incredible physique and athletic prowess.

I'm glad that I don't have to make that call.

Grant Wistrom versus Julius Peppers?

Who do you choose?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 01:02 AM

Gholston is a once in a decade type physical specimen who has produced at a major college program. Parcells is a dumb f*ck for not taking him #1 overall.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Tough call.

High motor guy versus an incredible physique and athletic prowess.

I'm glad that I don't have to make that call.

Grant Wistrom versus Julius Peppers?

(Not you Dane, but) Black players can have good motors too. It's like I'm arguing against Larry Bird fans here...

It's really Grant Wistrom versus Derrick Thomas/ Bruce Smith

Gholston's report:

Has an outstanding motor...Does a solid job against the run...Has excellent range and is a terror in pursuit...Is able to get pressure off the edge or as a bull rusher...Good tackler...A hard worker with top intangibles...Very productive...Versatile and can play more than one position...Still has some upside.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Gholston is a once in a decade type physical specimen who has produced at a major college program. Parcells is a dumb f*ck for not taking him #1 overall.

I'm more for Gholston as well. Dude is gonna be great.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:05 AM
High motor is always associated with white guys for some reason.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm more for Gholston as well. Dude is gonna be great.

Honestly, in two years I think the guy will be the best pass rusher in the NFL, bar none. He couldn't be more perfect for a cover 2 DE, either.

What's not to like about a stronger, faster Dwight Freeney who has a quicker 1st step and is better against the run??

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Has an outstanding motor...Does a solid job against the run...Has excellent range and is a terror in pursuit...Is able to get pressure off the edge or as a bull rusher...Good tackler...A hard worker with top intangibles...Very productive...Versatile and can play more than one position...Still has some upside.

I'm betting money on he's our potential Jared Allen replacement if he's there and Herm will let that be known in the presser when we draft him. It just makes too much sense.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:08 AM

If it was us in the 1 pick and we were talking Carl I'd agree.

This is Parcells. He hasn't built one super bowl team he's built two (and the Jets SHOULD have beat the ****ing donx that year to make it 3.)

Who's to say Parcells didn't try to sign Gholston?...

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:08 AM
The other thing I wanted to point out is it seems even when a guy was productive when he has ridiculous workouts showing superior athletic skills than he gets labeled a workout warrior even when he was a productive player.

Like I said before, everyone always wants another Derrick Thomas, Gholston is probably the closest thing I've seen.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:09 AM

This is Parcells. He hasn't built one super bowl team he's built two (and the Jets SHOULD have beat the ****ing donx that year to make it 3.)

His draft history is very 50/50....

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-23-2008, 01:12 AM
pumped up with synthol. Injectable implant.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8886/attachmentml9.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 01:12 AM

This is Parcells. He hasn't build one super bowl team he's built two (and the Jets SHOULD have beat the ****ing donx that year.)

He passed up Pace for James Farrior and Stephen Jackson for Julius Jones. Bobby Carpenter was another great pick...look at his 2006 draft FFS. Just god awful. It's seriously as bad as the Chiefs' 2004 draft.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
His draft history is very 50/50....

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:14 AM

Look at that post above yours....

Logical
04-23-2008, 01:19 AM

I know Gholston is projected to be a more 3-4 type of player, but when you can have an athlete like that on the field and give him the right coaching, wow...Don't worry unless we move up in the draft that choice is unlikely.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Don't worry unless we move up in the draft that choice is unlikely.

Which one you think is going before we draft?

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:21 AM
He passed up Pace for James Farrior and Stephen Jackson for Julius Jones. Bobby Carpenter was another great pick...look at his 2006 draft FFS. Just god awful. It's seriously as bad as the Chiefs' 2004 draft.

I'd agree with Stephen Jackson. He was a rare talent anyone could see.

Farrior isn't a bust. He's been a very productive player.

And you can't argue with success. If he was just lucky how did he build 3 different teams up to contenders? Was he lucky with FA's, lucky with a great GM, AND lucky on game day?

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Don't worry unless we move up in the draft that choice is unlikely.

How do you figure?

Gholston making it to the Chiefs is actually more likely than unlikely.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 01:24 AM
How do you figure?

Gholston making it to the Chiefs is actually more likely than unlikely.

The ONLY scenario I see Gholston going before 5 is if St. Louis is actually going to a 3-4 and is zeroing in on him. I think that's a slim chance. He'll be there IMO. So will Ellis. So will a whole litany of OT's. As happy as I am right now, I could be very unhappy come 12:45 on my birfday.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:26 AM
The Rams are to Long Dorsey or trade out, if the Jets do move into that spot that may suck because they may covet Gholston.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 01:27 AM
I'd agree with Stephen Jackson. He was a rare talent anyone could see.

Farrior isn't a bust. He's been a very productive player.

And you can't argue with success. If he was just lucky how did he build 3 different teams up to contenders? Was he lucky with FA's, lucky with a great GM, AND lucky on game day?

Farrior isn't a Hall of Fame Left Tackle and he's on his second team.

What was the common denominator in all of Parcells' success??

Bill Belichick.

Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick as his D-Coordinator. Not one.

He's been HC for four teams and never won a playoff game without him.

Parcells is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 01:27 AM
The Rams are to Long Dorsey or trade out, if the Jets do move into that spot that may suck because they may covet Gholston.

IF the Jets move to 2, it's going to be something like:

J. Long
Gholston
Dorsey
C. Long

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 01:28 AM
IF the Jets move to 2, it's going to be something like:

J. Long
Gholston
Dorsey
C. Long

Although, if Arthur Blank has his way Glenn Dorsey will be a Chief.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:30 AM
I still don't think the Jets will move I think they covet McFadden they spent a ton of money on their D in FA if they really are trying to make a run this year then McFadden is probably their guy.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Farrior isn't a Hall of Fame Left Tackle and he's on his second team.

What was the common denominator in all of Parcells' success??

Bill Belichick.

Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick as his D-Coordinator. Not one.

He's been HC for four teams and never won a playoff game without him.

Parcells is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history.

Jerry Jones never won a super bowl without Michael Irvin. Does that make Irvin a genius?

Does it take from Parcells' legacy that he kept Belichick on his team as long as possible or make him a genius?...

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:40 AM
I still don't think the Jets will move I think they covet McFadden they spent a ton of money on their D in FA if they really are trying to make a run this year then McFadden is probably their guy.

Ryan could go there as well.

BigRock
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
If they really want McFadden, they may want to move ahead of Oakland. So a trade up doesn't necessarily mean they're after Gholston.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
(Not you Dane, but) Black players can have good motors too. It's like I'm arguing against Larry Bird fans here...

Gholston's report:

Yeah, I should have put that in quotes because that was my point.

Damn 16 hours of sleep in 4 days! (not to mention, typing with one finger!)

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:44 AM
If they really want McFadden, they may want to move ahead of Oakland. So a trade up doesn't necessarily mean they're after Gholston.

There is no cut and dry lock this draft.

I think there will be a lot of stay-n-take teams. Unless I was at the ass-end there's no way I'd trade up this year in the first...

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Jerry Jones never won a super bowl without Michael Irvin. Does that make Irvin a genius?

Does it take from Parcells' legacy that he kept Belichick on his team as long as possible or make him a genius?...

Bill Walsh never won a Super Bowl without Joe Montana.

Mike Holmgren never won a Super Bowl without Brett Favre.

Mike Shanahan never won a Super Bowl without John Elway.

Tom Flores never won a Super Bowl without Jim Plunkett.

Jimmy Johnson never a won a Super Bowl without Troy Aikman.

Dick Vermeil never won Super Bowl without Kurt Warner.

Does that mean that they all suck as coaches?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 02:04 AM

He's smart enough to know when he has good assistants, but it's pretty damned telling that once said assistants leave, so does his success.

This wasn't a fluke scenario. He coached at NE before BB was Dc and had no success (even lost to him in the playoffs). Belichick comes aboard and viola. And yet when Belichick is with the Pats, Parcells can't win a single playoff game in a very very weak conference.

Mike Tice has more playoff wins in the last ten years than Bill Parcells. Could we please not lionize the guy just because he's a good soundbyte.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Mike Tice has more playoff wins in the last ten years than Bill Parcells. Could we please not lionize the guy just because he's a good soundbyte.

So does Herman Edwards.

Print 'em...

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 06:41 AM
I was just doing some research, and apparently Gholston mentored Jesus, helped Hawking model the universe, taught Mordecai Brown the curveball and cured AIDS on a tea napkin yesterday afternoon.

kcfan82
04-23-2008, 06:46 AM
The funny thing is, DE seems to be the only posistion Carl has had success identifying talent at. Not so much at defensive tackle :)

Delano
04-23-2008, 06:49 AM
I was just doing some research, and apparently Gholston mentored Jesus, helped Hawking model the universe, taught Mordecai Brown the curveballs and cured AIDS on a tea napkin yesterday afternoon.

Vernon told Hawking the true nature of black holes, but he refused to listen.

Mistake.

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2008, 07:08 AM

How many sacks did Allen have in the 4th quarter last season?

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2008, 07:11 AM

Actually, comparing the two coming out of college, Gholston is a little bigger (2" taller, about the same weight) and is stronger than Freeney was, but Freeney was faster (4.48 compared to 4.65).

KCUnited
04-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Ellis > Gholston

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 07:31 AM
I just saw an AP report that Gholston's image showed up on a piece of toast in rural Montana.

CHIEF4EVER
04-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I just saw an AP report that Gholston's image showed up on a piece of toast in rural Montana.

I heard from a reliable source that Gholston doesn't get wet when he takes showers. Water gets Gholston.

Stryker
04-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Scouts Inc.'s Top 32
Player Pos. School Grade
1. Darren McFadden RB Arkansas 98
2. Chris Long DE Virginia 98
3. Jake Long OT Michigan 98
4. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU 98
5. Matt Ryan QB Boston Coll. 98
6. Sedrick Ellis DT USC 97
7. Ryan Clady OT Boise St. 96
8. Keith Rivers LB USC 96
9. Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois 96
10. Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State 96
11. Branden Albert G Viginia 95
12. Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon 95
13. Derrick Harvey DE Florida 95
14. Jerod Mayo OLB Tennessee 95
15. Leodis McKelvin CB Troy 95
16. Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh 95
17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn. St. 94
18. Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt 94
19. Mike Jenkins CB S. Florida 93
20. Kentwan Balmer DT N. Carolina 92
21. Devin Thomas WR Michigan St. 92
22. Aqib Talib CB Kansas 92
23. Phillip Merling DE Clemson 92
24. Limas Sweed WR Texas 91
25. Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech 91
26. Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma 90
27. Brian Brohm QB Louisville 90
28. DeSean Jackson WR California 89
29. Dustin Keller TE Purdue 89
30. Felix Jones RB Arkansas 89
31. Dan Connor LB Penn State 89
32. Kenny Phillips S Miami (FL) 89

Ok so everyone here seems to be on the VG bandwagon. If Ryan Clady is a reach from 5 to 7 then WTF do you call 5 to 10? BPA right?

I am on the Matt Ryan bandwagon - you build your team around QB not DE. That is the most ridiculis thing I have heard. Croyle sucks. So we build a bad ass defense that SITS ON THE FIELD MOST OF THE GAME BECAUSE THE OFFENSE CAN'T DO SHIT? The Chiefs gave up what, 55 sacks last season? Oh lets draft on the defensive side of the ball first instead of rebuilding the offensive side - sorry guys that is stupid.

Fire away!

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Scouts Inc.'s Top 32
Player Pos. School Grade
1. Darren McFadden RB Arkansas 98
2. Chris Long DE Virginia 98
3. Jake Long OT Michigan 98
4. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU 98
5. Matt Ryan QB Boston Coll. 98
6. Sedrick Ellis DT USC 97
7. Ryan Clady OT Boise St. 96
8. Keith Rivers LB USC 96
9. Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois 96
10. Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State 96
11. Branden Albert G Viginia 95
12. Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon 95
13. Derrick Harvey DE Florida 95
14. Jerod Mayo OLB Tennessee 95
15. Leodis McKelvin CB Troy 95
16. Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh 95
17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn. St. 94
18. Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt 94
19. Mike Jenkins CB S. Florida 93
20. Kentwan Balmer DT N. Carolina 92
21. Devin Thomas WR Michigan St. 92
22. Aqib Talib CB Kansas 92
23. Phillip Merling DE Clemson 92
24. Limas Sweed WR Texas 91
25. Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech 91
26. Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma 90
27. Brian Brohm QB Louisville 90
28. DeSean Jackson WR California 89
29. Dustin Keller TE Purdue 89
30. Felix Jones RB Arkansas 89
31. Dan Connor LB Penn State 89
32. Kenny Phillips S Miami (FL) 89

Ok so everyone here seems to be on the VG bandwagon. If Ryan Clady is a reach from 5 to 7 then WTF do you call 5 to 10? BPA right?

I am on the Matt Ryan bandwagon - you build your team around QB not DE. That is the most ridiculis thing I have heard. Croyle sucks. So we build a bad ass defense that SITS ON THE FIELD MOST OF THE GAME BECAUSE THE OFFENSE CAN'T DO SHIT? The Chiefs gave up what, 55 sacks last season? Oh lets draft on the defensive side of the ball first instead of rebuilding the offensive side - sorry guys that is stupid.

Fire away!

I forgot that scout.com is the end-all-be-all in prospect rankings. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2008, 08:31 AM

Gholston's report:

WHAT?

Has an outstanding motor?

But...but...there are guys over at DraftPlanet that says he takes plays off? And that he's inconsistent?

Who to believe, who to believe.

El Jefe
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
HELLS YEA. BRING US GHOLSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Jefe
04-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Ellis > Gholston

Apples and Oranges friendo.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Look man, I saw Gholston win a game of Connect 4 in three moves.

JBucc
04-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Look man, I saw Gholston win a game of Connect 4 in three moves.He put down three pieces, then broke the other guys neck between his asscheeks.

KC kid
04-23-2008, 10:55 AM
I am all aboard the gholston pick

xbarretx
04-23-2008, 10:56 AM
He put down three pieces, then broke the other guys neck between his asscheeks.

and hes the only other person besides Chuck norris who can beat the sun in a staring contest. LMAO!

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Scientists in Columbus have proven that when Gholston waves his arms it leads to a typhoon in China.

xbarretx
04-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Scientists in Columbus have proven that when Gholston waves his arms it leads to a typhoon in China.

As a teen, Chuck Norris and Gholston had sex with every nun in a convent tucked away in the hills of Tuscany. Nine months later the nuns gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in professional football history.

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 11:07 AM
As a teen, Chuck Norris and Gholston had sex with every nun in a convent tucked away in the hills of Tuscany. Nine months later the nuns gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in professional football history.

The active ingriedient in red bull is Gholston's sweat.

xbarretx
04-23-2008, 11:09 AM
The active ingriedient in red bull is Gholston's sweat.

LMAO!!! OMG im soo light headed form laughing so hard!!! ROFL

Gholston actually built the stairway to heaven.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-23-2008, 11:13 AM
That's an easy call, you'll never find a player at that position more athletic than Gholston..

Oh other thing about him, I'm pretty sure he's dedicated to being in shape and not sitting in the bar...

Them there muscles came from roids and Budweiser. What are you talkin about.

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Gholston has 72... and they're all poisonous

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Gholston actually built the stairway to heaven.Not only that, but if you climb it, you'll find Gholston at the top.