PDA

View Full Version : Elections Ron Paul takes 16% of the Republican vote in Pennsylvania

Taco John
04-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Not a bad showing at all.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229229

BucEyedPea
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I thought Paul woulda done that in NH. He did well in some less populous western states....and also surprisingly in Minnesota. Now his book is out. Murry Sabrin and five others are running. The Revolution continues.

Taco John
04-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I thought Paul woulda done that in NH. He did well in some less populous western states....and also surprisingly in Minnesota. Now his book is out. Murry Sabrin and five others are running. The Revolution continues.

I got my copy of the book today. :)

Otter
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM

We've been quiet vocal here in getting RP around. :D

Hoover
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
ITS A REVOLUTION

wazu
04-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Jackson County in KC elected Ron Paulites to all 3 national convention delegate positions the other day.

Logical
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
This just leaves me longing

for we all know

Obama=Hillary=McCain=USA is loser

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

CHIEF4EVER
04-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Jackson County in KC elected Ron Paulites to all 3 national convention delegate positions the other day.

Oddly enough, I may be attending the State Convention in Branson as the Webster County Ron Paul delegate. I was voted as the alternate and it seems the primary delegate may not be able to make it. We also came to the decision that if the delegate was unbound, we would still support Ron Paul at the convention. You would be amazed at the underhanded BS some of the Party sheeples tried to pull to get our delegates disqualified from attending simply because we don't tow the Party line. They were unsuccessful of course.

SBK
04-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Does anyone even show up to vote for McCain at this point? I like Paul and all, but I fail to see how this is news....

Taco John
04-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Does anyone even show up to vote for McCain at this point? I like Paul and all, but I fail to see how this is news....

Uh... Are you serious?

The answer is 582,892 people went out of their way to vote for McCain. So, yes, people show up to make their votes count. Paul took in 127,779 votes. You're right that the news media won't report it. And you're right that it's fail.

I realize that Ron Paul isn't going to win the presidency, but for him to take so much of the vote after conventional wisdom is that McCain is going to be the nominee is most definitely new(s). When does that ever happen?

Guru
04-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Might get some play tomorrow on stations like CNN and MSNBC though.

BucEyedPea
04-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Oddly enough, I may be attending the State Convention in Branson as the Webster County Ron Paul delegate. I was voted as the alternate and it seems the primary delegate may not be able to make it. We also came to the decision that if the delegate was unbound, we would still support Ron Paul at the convention. You would be amazed at the underhanded BS some of the Party sheeples tried to pull to get our delegates disqualified from attending simply because we don't tow the Party line. They were unsuccessful of course.

They're not just doing it regarding delegates. Paulites have been vying for positions in the GOP and getting more involved all around in the party and they're trying to disqualify Paulites there too. Their grounds for this was they weren't there before. wtf?

banyon
04-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Is this where all of the campaign money went?

patteeu
04-23-2008, 09:56 AM
First we have the cheers and celebration from the Obama disciples in the official primary thread and now this. I guess losing big is the new winning.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
I wonder if Paul would ever run as a 3rd party candidate?

Radar Chief
04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Did someone say "Revolution"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87yq372R4Ts

Taco John
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
McCain Loses 27% of Pennsylvania Vote

Tue Apr 22, 11:27 PM ET

Yes, of course, John McCain is the presumptive Republican nominee for president.

But don't think that means that grassroots Republicans -- especially movement conservatives who have never really trusted the guy -- are united in their support for the senator from Arizona.

Pennsylvania had a Republican primary on Tuesday.

It certainly did not get the attention that was afforded to the Democratic contest.

But McCain had opponents on the ballot -- Texas Congressman Ron Paul, the libertarian, anti-war candidate who is still sort of campaigning, and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, who has folded his prayer tent. And McCain's foes won a lot of voters.

And more than 800,000 Pennsylvanians took Republican ballots. That's only about a third as many as voted in the Democratic primary, but its still a significant GOP turnout.

And a significant portion of that GOP turnout rejected the man who will carry the Republican banner in November.

McCain finished with an uninspiring 73 percent of the vote Tuesday.

Paul got 16 percent.

Huckabee's non-candidacy took 11 percent.

When all the Republican votes were counted, more than 200,000 ended up in the columns of what can best be described as the Anybody-but-McCain candidates.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20080423/cm_thenation/45314454

CHIEF4EVER
04-23-2008, 12:27 PM
First we have the cheers and celebration from the Obama disciples in the official primary thread and now this. I guess losing big is the new winning.

That isn't what it is about but I think you know that. It's about conservatives speaking out against the status quo. It's about citizens wanting to evoke change at the grass roots level. It's about not being a robotic Party lemming.

patteeu
04-23-2008, 12:42 PM
That isn't what it is about but I think you know that. It's about conservatives speaking out against the status quo. It's about citizens wanting to evoke change at the grass roots level. It's about not being a robotic Party lemming.

Voting for a protest candidate is one thing. Celebrating and passing out high fives even when he loses is another thing entirely.

CHIEF4EVER
04-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Voting for a protest candidate is one thing. Celebrating and passing out high fives even when he loses is another thing entirely.

The 'celebration' and 'high fiving' as you put it is more because of traction being made and ground being gained in the grass roots movement. We knew going in that he wouldn't win.

patteeu
04-23-2008, 01:13 PM
The 'celebration' and 'high fiving' as you put it is more because of traction being made and ground being gained in the grass roots movement. We knew going in that he wouldn't win.

I see that. Congratulations for getting trounced in Pennsylvania by a slightly smaller landslide than expected. And for finally beating a guy who's been out of the race for several weeks now! :thumb:

Calcountry
04-23-2008, 01:33 PM

McCain Paul Ticket?

Calcountry
04-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I mean, McCain would shore up his "suckage at economics" with Paul on the bottom half of the ticket. He would also lend balance to his hawkish Iraq position, and would be truly seen as reaching out in a fashion that is uniquely McCain.

BIG_DADDY
04-23-2008, 01:47 PM
NICE!!!

StcChief
04-23-2008, 02:45 PM
stop being a RP hater :D

BucEyedPea
04-23-2008, 03:34 PM

We're talking about a revolution...not just a campaign.
It shows support for certain things. And don't forget only about 2% were involved in creating America's War for Independence.
5% watched and the rest never knew what really happened.

Now, I'll ask very politely: get out of our thread. ;)
It's only for the 2 percenters, not that 5 percent.:D