PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Posnanski:Bitterness of Chiefs, Allen made this trade inevitable

DaWolf
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/180/story/587994.html

Bitterness of Chiefs, Allen made this trade inevitable
By JOE POSNANSKI
The Kansas City Star

Tuesday night, during the bleak final innings of the Royals’ humiliating 15-1 loss to Cleveland, the Chiefs did something they have never done before in their history. They traded away their best young player in the prime of his career.

Well, that’s one way to keep a Royals blowout out of the news.

The Chiefs traded Jared Allen on Tuesday, and even though it was no secret, even though it had been building for days, in the end, it was still a bit of a shocker. Teams don’t trade away 26-year-old franchise defensive ends. Teams don’t deal players who lead the NFL in sacks despite playing only 14 games. Teams coming off 4-12 seasons don’t trade away their best player.

But the Chiefs did make this trade — Jared Allen to Minnesota for a first-round pick (17th overall) and two third-round picks. It’s a decent haul, I suppose, when you consider that the Chiefs had backed themselves into a corner. There was going to be no long-term deal here between Allen and the Chiefs, no chance. There was way too much animosity between them. There was a lot of bitterness.

And that bitterness was on both sides of the aisle — that’s one part people missed. Yes, Allen felt bitter, he felt betrayed by the organization when the Chiefs did not even try to sign him to a long-term deal last year, when Chiefs president Carl Peterson called him a “young man at risk.”

On the other hand, the Chiefs felt bitter, too. They felt as if they had taken a chance on Allen in the fourth round when there were some character questions; they steered him through some rough times that included two DUIs; they stuck with him and helped him become an NFL star. It’s fair to guess that the Chiefs felt as if Allen should have understood why they wanted to wait and see before offering him a long-term deal.

More than that, though, the Chiefs also bluntly felt as if Allen, while a good player, was not indispensable. When I asked one Chiefs official how the Chiefs possibly could get better without the NFL’s sack leader, he asked back: “How many of those sacks were in the fourth quarter?”

The correct answer to that is zero. When asked what this was supposed to mean — after all, the Chiefs were trailing an awful lot in the fourth quarter, and sack opportunities were rare — the official shrugged and said, “I’m just saying. Zero.”

Yes, this divorce was inevitable. The Chiefs cut the best deal they could. They do now have three pretty high draft picks, and they are pretty excited about that. You get the feeling the Chiefs would drop just about everyone on the team and start over if they had 75 draft choices.

The three draft choices do give them more freedom in this weekend’s draft. Now:

1. They are not forced to reach for an offensive lineman with the fifth pick in the draft. Before this, they seemed to be leaning toward Virginia guard Branden Albert — a player most draft experts see as more of a middle first-round pick. The Chiefs still like Albert a lot, and they might take him. But with 13 picks in the draft, they will more likely take someone more highly rated — like Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston or Virginia defensive end Chris Long — and get offensive linemen later.

2. With so many picks, the Chiefs are now in excellent position to trade up if there’s a player they really want. The word is the Chiefs would love a shot at LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, who is the likely second pick in the draft. A trade like that is now, at least, a possibility.

3. The Chiefs might now consider taking a big chance with the fifth pick — they might even take Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan. There has, according to sources, been a disagreement about Ryan — not about his talent (everyone seems to think he has a chance to be a fine NFL quarterback) but more about whether the Chiefs can afford to take a quarterback so high in the draft when they have so many other needs. Now, the Chiefs have so many draft picks, they might feel as if they can take Ryan and still get what they need at other positions.

Lots to think about. Saturday should be fun for the Chiefs’ scouting department, for coach Herm Edwards (who loves young players), and for fans who love the draft. It will be a wild two days, and the Chiefs’ name will come up again and again and again. With all those picks, the experts might tell us that the Chiefs had the very best draft in the NFL.

Trouble is, the Chiefs aren’t trying to win the draft. They’re trying to win on Sundays. That figures to be harder without one of the most disruptive defensive players in the NFL. Maybe the Chiefs will have a great draft. Maybe they will find a player or two who will make everyone forget Jared Allen. Maybe.

I wouldn’t bet on it. The draft is a crapshoot. Jared Allen is a star. You could argue that the Chiefs had no choice. But there’s a pretty good chance that Chiefs fans will regret Tuesday night for a long, long time.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Good article, it touches every angle, then gives his opinion at the end. Good read.

I agree with him, especially given the Chiefs draft history. When you're a crap team like the Chiefs that can't draft worth a crap, you hold on to young quality players. We should've traded Tony G. or LJ, not our best young player, if we're rebuilding.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Typical lamentations of the 8-8 crowd.

DaWolf
04-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Good article, it touches every angle, then gives his opinion at the end. Good read.

I agree with him, especially given the Chiefs draft history. When you're a crap team like the Chiefs that can't draft worth a crap, you hold on to young quality players. We should've traded Tony G. or LJ, not our best young player, if we're rebuilding.

I wouldn't disagree with that except for A)Tony G isn't going to attract much compensation in a trade at this point in his career, plus he's one vet you'd probably want the young guys to learn from. B)With his bad wheel, no one will touch LJ now until he proves he can rebound from last year.

In both cases both players would have also had a big cap hit as they just recently signed contracts. Considering what went on with Allen this year, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Carl did indeed shop LJ last year, but no one was seriously interested.

The only way you get a big draft haul in a trade is if you have a tradeable star in his prime, or if another team is stupid (see Redskins, Washington)...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Please dear baby Jesus: Let us land Glenn Dorsey. Please.

DaWolf
04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Typical lamentations of the 8-8 crowd.

To tell you the truth, I'm as excited about Chiefs football next year as I've been in a long time. Previous years I knew we'd suck because either our D was gonna suck or our O sucked or something, and we'd probably wind up 9-7 or 10-6 and get knocked out in the first round.

Now I'm actually excited to see a young team take the field and hopefully bring some energy and passion back to the team. I realize we'll most likely suck next year, but I'm excited about getting young and seeing these kids go out there and hopefully develop into a playoff team over the next few years...

Mecca
04-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Please dear baby Jesus: Let us land Glenn Dorsey. Please.

If it means trading away picks they shouldn't do it....the 2 firsts mean alot the Chiefs 1st 3 picks can all be major players now.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:52 AM
If it means trading away picks they shouldn't do it....the 2 firsts mean alot the Chiefs 1st 3 picks can all be major players now.

I'd give the 82 if it would do it, otherwise I agree.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
I don't really think there's much gap if at all between Dorsey and Ellis and I like Gholston more than both of them so that's why I wouldn't move.

Guru
04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Damn, the Royals lost 15-1? I was shocked. What was the rest of the article about?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:58 AM
I don't really think there's much gap if at all between Dorsey and Ellis and I like Gholston more than both of them so that's why I wouldn't move.

You have Gholston number 1 on your board? I have Dorsey at 2, but McFadden is my 1. JMO.

Mecca
04-23-2008, 12:58 AM
You have Gholston number 1 on your board? I have Dorsey at 2, but McFadden is my 1. JMO.

If I was Miami Gholston would have been my pick.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
If I was Miami Gholston would have been my pick.

He would've been perfect for them no?

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:03 AM
He would've been perfect for them no?

I think they'll regret that in a few years......no matter how much JJchieffan or whatever wants to tell me Bill Parcells knows more than me or some such.

KCChiefsMan
04-23-2008, 01:04 AM
so they were seriously considering Albert at #5 and could still take him. Only Carl could be that f*cking stupid. That better not be the case

Valiant
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Wow really good article.. I would have like JA to be here, but the chance that he will get another DUI is very high, and that would be some serious jack to be out with a year suspension..

Hopefully the team keeps the two firsts and drafts to starters, do not trade up or down.. And I do remember quite a few on here talking about how JA never got any sacks later in the games throughout last season.. Kind of like his motor was winding down or sputtering.. Hopefully this will be make the team much better..

I take that back, if someone from the 7-9 range wants to jump up to the five spot for a 1st and a second I would do that.. But only that..

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
At this point it's been reported that the Chiefs like about 20 different guys......they haven't tipped much of any hand.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Have the Chiefs met with Gholston?

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Have the Chiefs met with Gholston?

I think he came in on Tuesday when they had all the guys here on Monday and Tuesday.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2008, 01:19 AM
I think he came in on Tuesday when they had all the guys here on Monday and Tuesday.

I think it's him man. I have a hunch. I think the Chiefs dealing Allen has as much to do with drafting Gholston as it did with the DUI's and shit like that.

Lets just hope he falls, although Ryan would be tempting if there...

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:20 AM
I think it's him man. I have a hunch. I think the Chiefs dealing Allen has as much to do with drafting Gholston as it did with the DUI's and shit like that.

Lets just hope he falls, although Ryan would be tempting if there...

Just hope no one trades up, if you see a team like the Jets coming up it's either for Gholston or Ryan....

T-post Tom
04-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Wow really good article.. I would have like JA to be here, but the chance that he will get another DUI is very high, and that would be some serious jack to be out with a year suspension..

Hopefully the team keeps the two firsts and drafts to starters, do not trade up or down.. And I do remember quite a few on here talking about how JA never got any sacks later in the games throughout last season.. Kind of like his motor was winding down or sputtering.. Hopefully this will be make the team much better..

I take that back, if someone from the 7-9 range wants to jump up to the five spot for a 1st and a second I would do that.. But only that..

Pos made a good point: The Chiefs were often behind in the 4th and the other team was running the ball to kill clock. Can't fault Allen for that. I think the source within Peterson's clan was just a bit of sour grapes.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:31 AM

There's no way in hell, and no good reason, to trade above 5.

You can formulate legit arguments not to trade down. I'll understand most of those. Trading up from 5 is far too expensive and completely against all logic for a team with this many picks and this many holes.

Nein.

Move from round 3 to 2, or 2 to 1, but don't move up from the 5 pick...

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2008, 01:39 AM
So now i sit here and think. Gholston/Long with the 5th. Then the 17th Albert or Otah. Then we get into the 2nd round. IF Brohm is there do we take him?.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
So now i sit here and think. Gholston/Long with the 5th. Then the 17th Albert or Otah. Then we get into the 2nd round. IF Brohm is there do we take him?.

What a beautiful position to be in...:evil:

royr17
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Just hope no one trades up, if you see a team like the Jets coming up it's either for Gholston or Ryan....

Actually if the Jets moved up to 4 it would be to Gholston or Darren McFadden so that the Raiders dont take McFadden.

Which I hope the draft goes the way I want it too and Gholston falls to the Chiefs.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2008, 01:43 AM
What a beautiful position to be in...:evil:

As much as i hate the Allen thing. That shit is now history and no amount of sobbing will do any good. I do like this position though and i like what i said. So tempting. Plus we still have some 3rd round picks to get some cornerbacks.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:48 AM
As much as i hate the Allen thing. That shit is now history and no amount of sobbing will do any good. I do like this position though and i like what i said. So tempting. Plus we still have some 3rd round picks to get some cornerbacks.

You'd have to try hard to accumulate this many picks in a ****ing madden game. For once whatever strategy we have in mind we've got the ammo to pull it off.

Up, down, doesn't matter. We're loaded...

DaWolf
04-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Pos made a good point: The Chiefs were often behind in the 4th and the other team was running the ball to kill clock. Can't fault Allen for that. I think the source within Peterson's clan was just a bit of sour grapes.

Well yes and no. We were behind in many of those games, but outside of the Denver games and the early Houston game IIRC, we were pretty much in every game going into the 4th quarter, which is when you need momentum changing plays. We didn't get them, and instead allowed plays like a Brett Favre bomb, big 3rd and long conversions to keep the clock moving, etc...

Mecca
04-23-2008, 01:49 AM
You'd have to try hard to accumulate this many picks in a ****ing madden game. For once whatever strategy we have in mind we've got the ammo to pull it off.

Up, down, doesn't matter. We're loaded...

Actually you couldn't do it, Madden doesn't allow you to have more than 10 picks.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Well yes and no. We were behind in many of those games, but outside of the Denver games and the early Houston game IIRC, we were pretty much in every game going into the 4th quarter, which is when you need momentum changing plays. We didn't get them, and instead allowed plays like a Brett Favre bomb, big 3rd and long conversions to keep the clock moving, etc...

Hehe, they mostly ran at Hali in the 4th quarter against us. Our Run D fell apart when guys starting to pick on him. He's VERY weak against the run.

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Actually you couldn't do it, Madden doesn't allow you to have more than 10 picks.

Indeed.

Reason 2,422 why I'd surrender my humanity to go at the pr!ck with a blowtorch and pliers for 30 minutes...

Rausch
04-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Hehe, they mostly ran at Hali in the 4th quarter against us. Our Run D fell apart when guys starting to pick on him. He's VERY weak against the run.

I'm not a fan.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Nice to see that JoPo is a student of history and of the game :rolleyes:

I used to enjoy his writing but the fact that he didn't mention Allen's other prior DUI's (for a total of four) and the fact that if he received another he'd be suspended for a year shows a lack of journalistic integrity.

Hey Joe, F*ck you.

Fruit Ninja
04-23-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm not a fan.

Me either. I hope he can get stronger, becuase his ass gets mauled when they run at him.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Nice to see that JoPo is a student of history and of the game :rolleyes:

I used to enjoy his writing but the fact that he didn't mention Allen's other prior DUI's (for a total of four) and the fact that if he received another he'd be suspended for a year shows a lack of journalistic integrity.

Hey Joe, F*ck you.

Yea, it was pretty weak. He came off sounding alot like a few of the JA Drinking buddies on this board.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Now we have Turk as a starter-ugh. Our D-line went from decent to absolute crap.

TEX
04-23-2008, 07:34 AM
The Draft is the Chiefs Super Bowl - Great...:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
04-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Props to Allen for sticking to his guns and not allowing Carl to get the upper hand...

JA will always be one of my favorite NFL players from not on, He sacked up, told Carl to **** OFF, Carl got scared and traded you...

Props JA, you are a bad ass and congrats on the trade. You will be better for it... Now you have a chance to compete at an NFL level and wont be limited by Herm and his band of queer monkeys...

markk
04-23-2008, 07:41 AM
it is worth mentioning that Jared Allen does not have two DWI's. He has FOUR.

does anyone know anyone with 4 of them? did they quit drinking for good after the fourth?

Uncle_Ted
04-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Props to Allen for sticking to his guns and not allowing Carl to get the upper hand...

JA will always be one of my favorite NFL players from not on, He sacked up, told Carl to **** OFF, Carl got scared and traded you...

Props JA, you are a bad ass and congrats on the trade. You will be better for it... Now you have a chance to compete at an NFL level and wont be limited by Herm and his band of queer monkeys...

Funny that what some would call "sticking to your guns" and "being a badass" is considered "being a whiny bitch" by others. Count me with the latter. If JA can't understand that then he hasn't matured as much as he wants everyone to believe.

Grats to JA and to both teams ... seems like everyone got value out of this (though the long-term value won't be known for years).

InChiefsHell
04-23-2008, 07:52 AM
it is worth mentioning that Jared Allen does not have two DWI's. He has FOUR.

does anyone know anyone with 4 of them? did they quit drinking for good after the fourth?

Eric Warfield?

the Talking Can
04-23-2008, 08:02 AM
To tell you the truth, I'm as excited about Chiefs football next year as I've been in a long time. Previous years I knew we'd suck because either our D was gonna suck or our O sucked or something, and we'd probably wind up 9-7 or 10-6 and get knocked out in the first round.

Now I'm actually excited to see a young team take the field and hopefully bring some energy and passion back to the team. I realize we'll most likely suck next year, but I'm excited about getting young and seeing these kids go out there and hopefully develop into a playoff team over the next few years...

rep

exactly how I feel

and as for the article, well, it's clear Allen couldn't respond to the negotiations like an adult...so he left

Tony, Priest, LJ, Shields...all fought with Carl, and ALL OF THEM got the money they wanted...because they knew it was business...

Reerun_KC
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Funny that what some would call "sticking to your guns" and "being a badass" is considered "being a whiny bitch" by others. Count me with the latter. If JA can't understand that then he hasn't matured as much as he wants everyone to believe.

Grats to JA and to both teams ... seems like everyone got value out of this (though the long-term value won't be known for years).
I will always side with the opposite of Carl, right or wrong.. he has ****ed over this city and franchise for 20 years...

There is nothing left to respect.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM

A bunch of queer monkeys could probably get a decent QB rush going. Without Allen KC won't have any rush. I'd be willing to bet that KC comes close to breaking the record for the differential between sacks for and sacks against.

Reerun_KC
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
rep

exactly how I feel

and as for the article, well, it's clear Allen couldn't respond to the negotiations like an adult...so he left

Tony, Priest, LJ, Shields...all fought with Carl, and ALL OF THEM got the money they wanted...because they knew it was business...

Agree, I am excited about the youth, getting to watch a young team develop over the next few years... But then I remember that we are watching Herm, not someone like Bill Self, take a young team and build it for a championship run...

That alone makes my stomach turn.

siberian khatru
04-23-2008, 08:10 AM

They also didn't have the third strike hanging over them.

If this were just about money, I feel sure Carl and JA would've come to an agreement. Carl usually takes care of his successes. But I think Carl was right (gag) to question whether he wanted to invest in a drunk. It was stupid of JA to take offense to Carl being worried about his eligibility. He ****ed up multiple times and put himself at risk, then he acts all butthurt because the team might hold that against him. Trust me, I'm fine now, now gimme my money.

As much as I like JA's game, I blame him for this. I think Carl was right (gag) to resolve this quickly and get the most for him, rather than letting it drag out and get ugly (see: the Bengals and Ocho Cinco).

OnTheWarpath58
04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
They also didn't have the third strike hanging over them.

If this were just about money, I feel sure Carl and JA would've come to an agreement. Carl usually takes care of his successes. But I think Carl was right (gag) to question whether he wanted to invest in a drunk. It was stupid of JA to take offense to Carl being worried about his eligibility. He ****ed up multiple times and put himself at risk, then he acts all butthurt because the team might hold that against him. Trust me, I'm fine now, now gimme my money.

As much as I like JA's game, I blame him for this. I think Carl was right (gag) to resolve this quickly and get the most for him, rather than letting it drag out and get ugly (see: the Bengals and Ocho Cinco).

Great post.

I mean, how DARE Peterson call Allen a "young man at risk?"

Truth hurt a bit, Jared?

Frazod
04-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Well, since the Bears are my NFC team, I'm certainly bitter.

I hope the prick gets a DUI on the way to Minneapolis. 4321

the Talking Can
04-23-2008, 08:16 AM
It was stupid of JA to take offense to Carl being worried about his eligibility. He ****ed up multiple times and put himself at risk, then he acts all butthurt because the team might hold that against him.

exactly

this is the main point....the point no one wants to admit....

Allen was asking for $70 mill, and then gets upset that the franchise cares about his 4th DUI and 4 game suspension...

childish

Chiefnj2
04-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Great post.

I mean, how DARE Peterson call Allen a "young man at risk?"

Truth hurt a bit, Jared?

I think the sting is gone by getting 31 million guaranteed and being on a team that has a chance of making the playoffs the next 3 years. There isn't a single Chiefs player that wouldn't change places with him.

siberian khatru
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
I think the sting is gone by getting 31 million guaranteed and being on a team that has a chance of making the playoffs the next 3 years. There isn't a single Chiefs player that wouldn't change places with him.

There's no doubt this worked out very well for JA (unless for some reason he really wanted to spend his entire career in KC). He got his money and he's with a team that doesn't appear as concerned about his off-field behavior.

But I will laugh my ****ing ass off if he gets another DUI. This board will be Fun City if that day ever comes.

OnTheWarpath58
04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
There's no doubt this worked out very well for JA (unless for some reason he really wanted to spend his entire career in KC). He got his money and he's with a team that doesn't appear as concerned about his off-field behavior.

But I will laugh my ****ing ass off if he gets another DUI. This board will be Fun City if that day ever comes.

Or when he has 7 sacks next year....

Ari Chi3fs
04-23-2008, 08:41 AM
**** Carl Peterson, regardless. Thats what I say.

siberian khatru
04-23-2008, 08:42 AM

I suppose, but this dispute (IMO) was all about JA's reliability off the field, not his performance on it. I don't think Carl worried too much about his production. So yeah, if his production drops, it looks good for us. But if he ****s up again, it will prove the Chiefs were right to distrust him. THAT'S what will be really worth savoring.

Although, judging by the Chiefs' luck, JA will remain sober the rest of his career, will average 15 sacks a season for the next 7 years and will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. :cuss:

Oh, and the guys we draft with the picks will be Kris Wilson, Eddie Freeman and Junior Siavii. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Dartgod
04-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Actually if the Jets moved up to 4 it would be to Gholston or Darren McFadden so that the Raiders dont take McFadden.

Which I hope the draft goes the way I want it too and Gholston falls to the Chiefs.
If the Jets want to move up to keep Oakland from taking McFadden, they'd have to move into the 3rd spot. The Raiders are already at #4.

Adept Havelock
04-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I think they'll regret that in a few years......no matter how much JJchieffan or whatever wants to tell me Bill Parcells knows more than me or some such.

LMAO

I think most folks will take Bill Parcells credentials as shown by his SB rings over a BB pundit every time.

If we had to cut JA loose, I suppose this is the best we can get for him. I just wish I had confidence in Carl/Herm's ability to turn those picks into high level players.

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 08:57 AM

If the Vikes have any sense at all they added a personal driver 24/7 in Allen's contract.

Bob Dole
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
The NFL should be thrilled about KC having so many draft picks this year. They will get a lot more advertising revenue, since they always seem to manage to be away at commercial when KC picks.

mlyonsd
04-23-2008, 09:05 AM
The NFL should be thrilled about KC having so many draft picks this year. They will get a lot more advertising revenue, since they always seem to manage to be away at commercial when KC picks.
QFT. It seems like it always happens that way. And then the announcers spend hardly any time on analyzing the pick.

siberian khatru
04-23-2008, 09:10 AM

Heh, I know what you mean. If we had the No. 1 overall, they'd cut to a commercial, then come back and discuss who the Cowboys might take at No. 24.

milkman
04-23-2008, 09:11 AM
I will always side with the opposite of Carl, right or wrong.. he has ****ed over this city and franchise for 20 years...

So, you'd rather look like a dumbass than side with Carl.

OnTheWarpath58
04-23-2008, 09:12 AM
My sig is coming to fruition.....

Dorsey, Gholston, Long or Ellis.

Any of the 4 is fine by me.

Fat Elvis
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
So, you'd rather look like a dumbass than side with Carl.

Slim chance of that ever happening....

Valiant
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
I suppose, but this dispute (IMO) was all about JA's reliability off the field, not his performance on it. I don't think Carl worried too much about his production. So yeah, if his production drops, it looks good for us. But if he ****s up again, it will prove the Chiefs were right to distrust him. THAT'S what will be really worth savoring.

Although, judging by the Chiefs' luck, JA will remain sober the rest of his career, will average 15 sacks a season for the next 7 years and will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. :cuss:

Oh, and the guys we draft with the picks will be Kris Wilson, Eddie Freeman and Junior Siavii. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

He would be too one-dimensional for that.. Probably take him 4-6 years to get in..

Coogs
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Heh, I know what you mean. If we had the No. 1 overall, they'd cut to a commercial, then come back and discuss who the Cowboys might take at No. 24.

ROFL Ain't that the truth!

Fat Elvis
04-23-2008, 10:18 AM

Barring injury, that just isn't going to happen; have you seen the D-line that will support him?

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 10:18 AM

Wow, thats a little much. Yes, hes long past his overdue date. Yes, hes made many mistakes, but to imply hes never done anything right in 20 years is flat out wrong.

beach tribe
04-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Barring injury, that just isn't going to happen; have you seen the D-line that will support him?

More like 17.

OnTheWarpath58
04-23-2008, 10:23 AM

I'm sure the Colts said the same thing about Freeney when they gave him that huge contract.

Or the Eagles when they gave Kearse that monster deal and he fell off the face of the earth.