PDA

View Full Version : Any KC locals going to BW3 Draft Party

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 10:06 AM
So I see all Buffalo Wild Wings are having a draft party Saturday and myself and 3 friends are heading to the one over on 350 for a few rounds before heading to the Blue Jays-Royals game.

If any planeteers are looking to say hey give me a head's up :toast:

stlchiefs
04-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I've always wondered why people call it BW3? What's with the three? Buffalo Wild (1), Wings (2). What's the three or am I seeing this all wrong?

ChiefsFan4Life
04-23-2008, 10:12 AM
I've always wondered why people call it BW3? What's with the three? Buffalo Wild (1), Wings (2). What's the three or am I seeing this all wrong?

Was just about to ask the same - it bothers me to no end

booyaf2
04-23-2008, 10:14 AM
maybe the 3 is a sideways W???

Nzoner

I had heard it's because Wings is plural,don't really know,but it sure beats hell out of saying the whole name.

SithCeNtZ

Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created, the restaurant became a franchise with more than 430 locations across 37 U.S. states. The original name and acronym, BW3, was intentionally reminiscent of the acronym TW3 popularly used in referring to the television show That Was The Week That Was, a show of which co-founder James Disbrow was a fan. The company later changed its name to Buffalo Wild Wings, but still uses the short name BW3 on occasion due to the common usage by patrons.

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I heard wrong.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
BW3's are popping up all over the place these days. They are the new Applebees.

DaKCMan AP
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
My friends and I just call it B-Dubs.

ChiefsFan4Life
04-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Is it odd that I've never been to one?

xbarretx
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
i probably wont, id have to go to the Olathe or Metcalf one. and if im going it by myself i wil jsut stay at home on my HD tv and have cheaper beer :)

Gonzo
04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created, the restaurant became a franchise with more than 430 locations across 37 U.S. states. The original name and acronym, BW3, was intentionally reminiscent of the acronym TW3 popularly used in referring to the television show That Was The Week That Was, a show of which co-founder James Disbrow was a fan. The company later changed its name to Buffalo Wild Wings, but still uses the short name BW3 on occasion due to the common usage by patrons.

I think you copy and pasted that wrong:
See Below...

Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Whorehouse, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created, the restaurant became a franchise with more than 430 locations across 37 U.S. states. The original name and acronym, BW3, was intentionally created by the owner of the establishment to "outsmart them witty midwestern lawmen". The name went by the wayside after a senator accidentally killed one of the establishments "Servers" and had to be bailed out by Robert Duvall and his "associates". But they still use the short name BW3 on occasion due to the common usage by patrons like Gochiefs when he want's to get away from his nagging mother. :D

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 10:30 AM

We're finally getting one in St Joe,our first REAL sportsbar,I hate to see local mom and pop places get hurt,however,the ones that call themselves a sportsbar are in for trouble I'm afraid.

Phobia
04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
I'd meet you there if I weren't having my own deal. If you're gonna be that close you should stop by - either before or afterwards.

StcChief
04-23-2008, 10:51 AM
We're finally getting one in St Joe,our first REAL sportsbar,I hate to see local mom and pop places get hurt,however,the ones that call themselves a sportsbar are in for trouble I'm afraid.

I don't know give me the local places good food, cheaper beer more of local friendly crowd, my dislike for corp chains continues.

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd meet you there if I weren't having my own deal. If you're gonna be that close you should stop by - either before or afterwards.

I'll check with the guys and see what they think,there was talk about going to do a little gambling as well.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 10:58 AM

Frikin awesome, where is this going in? Since I moved back up here from Liberty I've been missing BW3!

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't know give me the local places good food, cheaper beer more of local friendly crowd, my dislike for corp chains continues.

No argument there dude,my advertising business is supported by alot of mom and pop places and all these corporate places coming in hurts them as well as me because they generally don't use print advertising.

The mrs and I have a policy here locally,if you haven't advertised with us we don't spend money with you.

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Frikin awesome, where is this going in? Since I moved back up here from Liberty I've been missing BW3!

Next to Famous Dave's,btw we should say hey sometime,if you're looking for a place to watch football on Sundays,you'd love my gameroom and it's always open to planeteers.

Phobia
04-23-2008, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I haven't been back to a BW3 since I sat down for a stale Bass a few months ago. The bartender told me $7.50 and I told him to keep his stale beer and walked out. Are you kidding me? I realize somebody has to pay for the TV's and the premium real estate but $7.50 for a frick'n beer that has gone flat? I can buy a twelver of Shiner for that on sale. No thanks.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Next to Famous Dave's,btw we should say hey sometime,if you're looking for a place to watch football on Sundays,you'd love my gameroom and it's always open to planeteers.

Ya I've been to your place a few times to pick up your ad's for the dad's company (Economy Express), but never on game day. Saw you at 54 the other night, I woulda came over to chat but I was out on a date with the wife.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 11:09 AM
I can buy a twelver of Shiner for that on sale

Ya, I've been taking advantage of that sale lately. Thanks Wal-Mart.

Nzoner
04-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Ya I've been to your place a few times to pick up your ad's for the dad's company (Economy Express), but never on game day. Saw you at 54 the other night, I woulda came over to chat but I was out on a date with the wife.

Damn,cue the Twilight Zone music

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Damn,cue the Twilight Zone music

do do do do do do do do do do do do.

I'll make it over sometime this season when I sell off my tickets. =)

I am officially stoked about the BW3 news!!

sedated
04-23-2008, 11:18 AM
I am not a fan of Buff's.

Their wings are small, their beer is expensive, they cater more to families now than sports fans, and they reek of typical suburbian chain restaurant.

Demonpenz
04-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Springfield, Kc and at metcalf I always get shitty service at bww. exept for with phobia...bastard

JazzzLovr
04-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Springfield, Kc and at metcalf I always get shitty service at bww. exept for with phobia...bastard

Next time, throw some coasters across the restaurant. Or try grabbing the server's ass.

Phobia
04-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Next time, throw some coasters across the restaurant. Or try grabbing the server's ass.

Heh heh. What is up with that, anyway? Why do people tolerate that kind of behavior?

Reerun_KC
04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
My friends and I just call it B-Dubs.
BW2

BWSquared...

BW3? ROFL

StcChief
04-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I haven't been back to a BW3 since I sat down for a stale Bass a few months ago. The bartender told me $7.50 and I told him to keep his stale beer and walked out. Are you kidding me? I realize somebody has to pay for the TV's and the premium real estate but $7.50 for a frick'n beer that has gone flat? I can buy a twelver of Shiner for that on sale. No thanks.yep.....F 'em.

my local has $1 Blue Moon's or BL,Bud, Amber during sports..... $1.50 otherwise.

2 big HD TV's. smoking allowed, cigars etc. Great food and portions.....

sorry I have swarn off chains completely.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 11:59 AM
I am not a fan of Buff's.

Their wings are small, their beer is expensive, they cater more to families now than sports fans, and they reek of typical suburbian chain restaurant.

Not a big fan of Applebees, Chilis, 54th Street, Cheddars, Rainforest Cafe, Olive Garden, On The Border, Red Robin, Houlihans, or Joes Crab Shack?? :)

Dartgod
04-23-2008, 12:05 PM
ROFL

Phobia
04-23-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm a fan of Houlihans. Their Bass is always fresh and has NEVER been $7.

Dartgod
04-23-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm a fan of Houlihans. Their Bass is always fresh and has NEVER been $7.
Wow, that's terrific bass!

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/SNL/images/bass03.jpg

Phobia
04-23-2008, 12:12 PM
I guess I'm not familiar with that skit.

StcChief
04-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Not a big fan of Applebees, Chilis, 54th Street, Cheddars, Rainforest Cafe, Olive Garden, On The Border, Red Robin, Houlihans, or Joes Crab Shack?? :)CORRECT.

for all the chain bs. Give me a local place to support, money stays in town.

Dartgod
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I guess I'm not familiar with that skit.
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/SNL/bassomatic.htm

StcChief
04-23-2008, 12:27 PM
ROFL
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/SNL/bassomatic.htm

I had forgot about that one.

KCChiefsMan
04-23-2008, 01:18 PM

only good. BW3's got some good wings and a lot of TVs, my favorite spot to watch a game.