PDA

View Full Version : Elections 69,000 of Clinton's PA voters would choose McCain over her in November...

jAZ
04-23-2008, 11:33 AM
That's the first time that I'm aware of, that we have any measure of the scale of Limbaugh campaign, that I'm aware of.

About 10% of voters (230K of 2.3M total) yesterday planned to vote for McCain in the general election if it's Clinton vs McCain. Of those 230K, 30% voted for Clinton!

That's 69,000 votes yesterday for Clinton
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/#PADEM

Vote for President in November

Clinton (81%) -------- 62% (Clinton), 38% (Obama)
McCain (10%) -------- 30% (Clinton), 70% (Obama)
Would Not Vote(7%) -- 5% (Clinton), 95% (Obama)

Donger
04-23-2008, 11:58 AM
And, in a troubling sign for the Obama camp, only 50 percent of Pennsylvania voters who picked Clinton said they would vote for Obama if he was the Democratic nominee, while 26 percent said they would vote for McCain.

jAZ
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM
And, in a troubling sign for the Obama camp, only 50 percent of Pennsylvania voters who picked Clinton said they would vote for Obama if he was the Democratic nominee, while 26 percent said they would vote for McCain.

Where did you find that? I looked and didn't see anything.

Donger
04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Where did you find that? I looked and didn't see anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/23/democrats.race/index.html

Donger
04-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Ten percent of Democrats said they would sit on their hands in a McCain-Obama race, and 15 percent said they would vote for McCain over the Illinois senator.

HolmeZz
04-23-2008, 12:18 PM
What Clinton voters say about whether they'd vote for Obama right now is meaningless. Most of them will come home in November.

A good chunk of Hillary's own voters saying they have no plans on voting for her in the Fall is retarded, but probably similar to what we saw in Texas and Mississippi.

noa
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Ten percent of Democrats said they would sit on their hands in a McCain-Obama race, and 15 percent said they would vote for McCain over the Illinois senator.

I don't believe them.

Calcountry
04-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I triple guarantee a Democrat victory in November, the people simply cannot be stupid enough to vote for Bush's 3rd term.

Calcountry
04-23-2008, 12:32 PM
What Clinton voters say about whether they'd vote for Obama right now is meaningless. Most of them will come home in November.

A good chunk of Hillary's own voters saying they have no plans on voting for her in the Fall is retarded, but probably similar to what we saw in Texas and Mississippi.
The key right now, is if you have enough time to heal.

Time, is the key.

alanm
04-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I triple guarantee a Democrat victory in November, the people simply cannot be stupid enough to vote for Bush's 3rd term.
I fully expect Barry to step on his dick once too often in the coming months. That and be exposed for the fraud he is by the RNC will be his undoing.

memyselfI
04-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I fully expect Barry to step on his dick once too often in the coming months. That and be exposed for the fraud he is by the RNC will be his undoing.

Bingo.

And Dems like myself who dutifully supported Dukakis and Kerry, only to be embarrassed for doing so, are not about to repeat the mistake a third time. If the Dems lose without me and others like me then so be it.

I'll vote third party. I'm even considering Ron Paul.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
The DEMOCRATS have spoken!

StcChief
04-23-2008, 01:47 PM
The DEMOCRATS have spoken!

they keep speaking year after year and not saying anything.

patteeu
04-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Bingo.

And Dems like myself who dutifully supported Dukakis and Kerry, only to be embarrassed for doing so, are not about to repeat the mistake a third time. If the Dems lose without me and others like me then so be it.

I'll vote third party. I'm even considering Ron Paul.

The Ronulan ranks are swelling!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 02:21 PM
'm even considering Ron Paul.

Because everything about your past social positions screams support for Ron Paul.

You will say anything to get attention for yourself. Here's something people will never forget:

Walk into the middle of the plaza with two replica M4 assault rifles and full TAC gear. Start screaming about how you're going to kill everyone. Keep doing it once the cops show up.

Please.

You'll get all the attention you ever desire, and we'll finally get some closure.

BucEyedPea
04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I wondah how it will all fall out if Barr runs?
I think he'll hurt McNasty.

Oh, and by the way, Republicans inside the beltway, including Bushies, are afraid of McNasty—very afraid.

bkkcoh
04-23-2008, 02:51 PM
They were saying last night that were about 26% of the Obama supporters that would either vote for McCain or not even go to the polls for the general election. The number was close to the same for the Clinton supporters if Obama won the nomination.

I find it quite interesting that there is roughly 10 - 15 % of the supporters for each of the democratic candidates that wouldn't even go to vote in the general election if there candidate didn't end of getting the nomination.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2008, 02:58 PM
And the Romney/Huckabee supporters won't vote for McCain...

memyselfI
04-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Because everything about your past social positions screams support for Ron Paul.

Agreed. But he is against the war and I have a vote that will not go to Baaarack Obama.

Donger
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Agreed. But he is against the war and I have a vote that will not go to Baaarack Obama.

Isn't Barack Hussein against "the war"? I assume you mean Iraq?

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Isn't Barack Hussein against "the war"? I assume you mean Iraq?Actual positions don't matter. Nothing matters except maintaining an ability to bitch and moan about everything under the sun.

noa
04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Isn't Barack Hussein against "the war"? I assume you mean Iraq?

Yes, but if we elect him he will wet his pants and morph into a neocon destroyer of all hope for America. Everyone in America will hate Barry and he will be insecure so he will launch attacks on allies and enemies alike, and the Dems won't return to power for a century.

jAZ
04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
They were saying last night that were about 26% of the Obama supporters that would either vote for McCain or not even go to the polls for the general election. The number was close to the same for the Clinton supporters if Obama won the nomination.

I find it quite interesting that there is roughly 10 - 15 % of the supporters for each of the democratic candidates that wouldn't even go to vote in the general election if there candidate didn't end of getting the nomination.

I expect that this will change as the campaign moves to the general.

It's in both candidate's tactical best interest for their supporters to claim and unwillingness to support the other in a general. No matter what the future would actually hold.

patteeu
04-24-2008, 07:48 AM

You will say anything to get attention for yourself. Here's something people will never forget:

Walk into the middle of the plaza with two replica M4 assault rifles and full TAC gear. Start screaming about how you're going to kill everyone. Keep doing it once the cops show up.

Please.

You'll get all the attention you ever desire, and we'll finally get some closure.

Ron Paul has been consistently against the Iraq war as has memyselfi. That's something that neither Barack Obama nor Hillary Clinton can claim. Personally, I don't think that's a kind of consistency to be proud of, but it's the reality.

patteeu
04-24-2008, 07:49 AM
I wondah how it will all fall out if Barr runs?
I think he'll hurt McNasty.

Oh, and by the way, Republicans inside the beltway, including Bushies, are afraid of McNasty—very afraid.

Afraid of what? :shrug:

I bet Dick Cheney isn't afraid of him. ;)

Adept Havelock
04-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I bet Dick Cheney isn't afraid of him. ;)

Of course not. He can always take him Pheasant Hunting.

There was once a Regiment known as the Pheasant Pluckers. They had a rousing Regimental Song, but it was very difficult to sing correctly. [/Pratchett]

patteeu
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Of course not. He can always take him Pheasant Hunting.

There was once a Regiment known as the Pheasant Pluckers. They had a rousing Regimental Song, but it was very difficult to sing correctly. [/Pratchett]

LOL