PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs McShay has us getting Chris Long

GoHuge
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
I put alot more stock into what McShay says than I do with Mel Kiper and his hair. McShay doesn't just throw darts. This is what he just came out with. Lord I hope it works out this way. I'll be jumping for joy.

1. Miami Dolphins -- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Record: 1-15 | Needs: OT, CB, WR, QB, G
The Dolphins haven't had a true franchise left tackle since Richmond Webb in the 1990s, making this the right pick for them.

2. St. Louis Rams -- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
Record: 3-13 | Needs: DE, DT, WR, C, OLB, OT
The Rams are looking to trade out of this pick but the only realistic option might be Atlanta, which is interested in taking Dorsey. While the St. Louis personnel department favors DE Chris Long at this pick, head coach Scott Linehan prefers Dorsey and is expected to get him.

3. Atlanta Falcons -- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
Record: 4-12 | Needs: QB, OT, CB, DT, TE
Dorsey is priority No. 1, but if the Falcons can't land him here or with a trade-up, then Ryan will be the pick. Atlanta believes he is a franchise quarterback but would rather get the package of Dorsey and Louisville QB Brian Brohm through a trade.

4. Oakland Raiders -- Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
Record: 4-12 | Needs: DE/DT, OT/G, SLB, WR, RB
Word out of Oakland is owner Al Davis will pass on Hall of Famer Howie Long's son, Chris, and go with the explosive McFadden.

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Chris Long, DE, Virginia
Record: 4-12 | Needs: OT, CB, DT, G, C, WR, QB
The Jared Allen trade makes defensive end a far greater need, and this is the dream scenario for the Chiefs, who would be able to pick up this year's top defensive end prospect.

6. New York Jets -- Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State
Record: 4-12 | Needs: DE, WR, CB, FS, ILB, RB
McFadden is their pick if he slides to them, but Gholston isn't a bad consolation prize for a team that runs a base 3-4 defense and needs another edge rusher at outside linebacker.

aturnis
04-23-2008, 03:37 PM
cool

nychief
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
done and done.

Brock
04-23-2008, 03:45 PM
aight.

Pic
04-23-2008, 03:46 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/ideal.jpg

Fish
04-23-2008, 03:47 PM
The thought of us having our choice between C. Long, Gholston, and Ellis gives me raging wood.....

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm anxiously anticipating Gosslin's mock.

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2008, 03:48 PM
McShay is just as big of a douche as Kiper is. I woudlnt put too much stock in either one of them.

Anyong Bluth
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
I posted McShay's entire Chiefs picks in the thread I started ESPN Info Chiefs Tidbits for anyone wanting to look it over...

Valiant
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
What he says makes no sense what so ever.. Why would Atlanta move up one spot if they know or have a hunch that the Rams do not want the guy they want at the 3 spot?? They would have to give up what a 3rd to do that?? That makes no sense what so ever.. I hope we do get Chris Long, but his reasoning is gochiefs retarded..

Brock
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
What he says makes no sense what so ever.. Why would Atlanta move up one spot if they know or have a hunch that the Rams do not want the guy they want at the 3 spot?? They would have to give up what a 3rd to do that?? That makes no sense what so ever.. I hope we do get Chris Long, but his reasoning is gochiefs retarded..

To outbid another team the Rams might be dealing with?

Valiant
04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
To outbid another team the Rams might be dealing with?

That is not what he wrote though..

evolve27
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Man, I hope it falls this way. This is the most ideal situation IMO for us. Good work ethic, highly motivated, nice pedigree.

markk
04-23-2008, 04:24 PM
We will either get Chris Long, Matt Ryan, or we'll end up trading down. IMO.

Delano
04-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Dreamin' man, that's dreamin'.

GoHuge
04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I think what it really comes down to is who does STL pick? Dorsey or Long. I just watched NFL Live and everybody is 50/50 on which way they go. They need DE and DT, but they've been burned as many times as we have on DT lately. Which makes me a little nervous that they'll take Long.

Micjones
04-23-2008, 04:29 PM
I can't see Oakland passing on Chris Long.
Especially not with us standing in desperate need of a DE AND picking right behind them.

evolve27
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
I think what it really comes down to is who does STL pick? Dorsey or Long. I just watched NFL Live and everybody is 50/50 on which way they go. They need DE and DT, but they've been burned as many times as we have on DT lately. Which makes me a little nervous that they'll take Long.

Then the Raiders might pick him up. But they've added to their defense dramatically over the offseason so I don't know if they go defense, but Long could compliment Tommy Kelly, and the whole Howie's son deal. This suspense is deadly.

Delano
04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
I can't see Oakland passing on Chris Long.
Especially not with us standing in desperate need of a DE AND picking right behind them.

My thoughts exactly.

I can see smoke coming out of the jump-suited corpse's ears on Saturday evening.

**** over the Chiefs and take Howie's boy, or take McFadden/Gholston?

Long to the Raiders IMO.

GoHuge
04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I can see smoke coming out of the jump-suited corpse's ears on Saturday evening.

Long to the Raiders IMO.Well we all know Al Davis likes him some offense. He likes to see dem youngsters run the ball up and down the field. Meaning I hope he takes McFadden!! We could be heartbroke over both Longs this year. I've just heard too many negatives about Gholston and he's kind of a tweener. Don't know if he's worth it at #5 so if Ryan is gone I'm not sure where we go. We could possibly see if trading down is an option. I've heard the Pats want McFadden and we all know the Jets do. I'm sure Big Bill would love to stick it to Mangenious.

chiefqueen
04-23-2008, 04:53 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Long to the Raiders IMO.

The Raiders may trade down on the condition the team picking no. 4 takes Long.

BigRock
04-23-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't think that's even an issue if both Long and Gholston are there. We'd have a DE either way.

And if anything, I could see Al not wanting to make that decision and risk picking the wrong guy. What's going to happen if they make a choice between two DE's, we take whoever's left, and our guy ends up being the better player? Poor Al will be mocked beyond all repair when he meets with Keith Richards and Joan Rivers and the other undead to get their blood drained out and then refreshed.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
http://a665.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/103/l_6863cbde87e22ecee586b065d1f39538.jpg

Guru
04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Howie would be mortified.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2008, 05:23 PM

He'lll be best friends with a bottle of Jack Daniels every season Chris plays for KC.

Extra Point
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
At least McShay got one Long pick right.

Mr. Laz
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
anyone think that Carl has the nuts to draft a DE at #5?

seriously the immediate and permanent link to Jared Allen would bring tons of pressure.

jjchieffan
04-23-2008, 05:36 PM

Hopefully, if we do draft him, he doesnt pull a Eli Manning and refuse to play for us, forcing us to trade him.

Guru
04-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Hopefully, if we do draft him, he doesnt pull a Eli Manning and refuse to play for us, forcing us to trade him.

Even though Howie as a Raider, i don't see him supporting his son in an action like that. Howie is a stand up guy.

GoHuge
04-23-2008, 06:20 PM
anyone think that Carl has the nuts to draft a DE at #5?

seriously the immediate and permanent link to Jared Allen would bring tons of pressure.I'm sure he has the nuts if it's Chris Long. I think he has the ability to be better than Jared someday, but that would take some serious nuts if it was Gholston or Harvey.

Also I'd much rather the Chiefs draft a solid position player in the second round rather than another maybe QB in Braum. We've already got one of those. Without a line in front of them all of our QB's are going to continue to take a beating without finding out whether they can really play. I think most people think Brody isn't going to get it done, but it's impossible to say when he's getting his ass knocked off every other play.

From what I've read most peoples dream scenario is Long or Ryan at 5. If there both gone I guess trade down or BPA. I'd like the Chiefs to grab a corner or tackle with the 17th pick. With the second get which ever one you didn't with the 17th. Then BPA the rest of the draft. We've got damn near three first rounders and these need to be guys you draft and start this year. No projects. Save that for the seventh rounders.

markk
04-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm sure he has the nuts if it's Chris Long. I think he has the ability to be better than Jared someday

earlier you called gholston a 'tweener' so i'll take that with a grain of salt...