PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Jared Allen "I told you so" poll.

Rain Man
04-23-2008, 06:17 PM
This will be a public poll, so in a couple of years we can pull it to the top and make fun of the people who were wrong, who I hope include me.

Ari Chi3fs
04-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Hahaha... Idiots. I told you so.

Count Zarth
04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Rain Man, are you going to say, "That guy won't be as good as Jared Allen" after every pick this weekend?

Rain Man
04-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Rain Man, are you going to say, "That guy won't be as good as Jared Allen" after every pick this weekend?

I have decided that I will not penalize the poor players who will be drawn via those picks. I wish them success, and will not give them the Danny White/Neal Anderson treatment.

The Jared Allen fiasco is over, and shall never be mentioned again unless for some reason I want to bring it up. However, I do expect some people to call up this thread in a couple of years and pay homage to my football acumen.

el borracho
04-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I voted "displeased enough to punch someone" although I think that is actually too mild a statement.

Rain Man
04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I voted "displeased enough to punch someone" although I think that is actually too mild a statement.

We are brothers. (Solemn nod.)

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm pleased as punch, but it's mainly because I think it would have been insane for the Chiefs to give him the contract he eventually got, (that's assuming he'd have stayed here if they offered it, which I don't believe is the case) and I'm actually stunned at what Minny gave up for him. Has nothing to do with "risk".

We should field a roster about as talented as the Chargers by 2010 thanks in no small part to this trade. The challenge is, of course, picking the right guys with this absolute buffet of picks the franchise has.

bogey
04-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm slightly more displeased than pleased. I think we'll regret it slightly, but it's recoverable.

The only reason I'm don't want to punch someone is because I think JA had made his mind up that he wanted out. If he doesn't want to be here, it does no one any good to keep him.

Count Zarth
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Moderately please. I like all the picks we have, but doubt Herm and Carl's ability to use them wisely.

And Allen is going to rape everyone in his path up north.

Adept Havelock
04-23-2008, 06:43 PM
I would have picked "displeased enough to punch someone". However, with what we got for him, my acceptance that he wasn't staying, and my hope that if they f*ck this up like I think they will Clark will give the Front Office a much needed colonic, I had no choice but to move to "More displeased than pleased".

That's only because there wasn't a "displeased and ready to remove Carl Peterson's eyeball and urinate profusely in the socket" option.

the Talking Can
04-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I told Jared not to get that 4th DUI.

But he didn't listen.

Mizzou_8541
04-23-2008, 06:47 PM
When is Saturday again...?

Chief Wiggum
04-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I would have picked "displeased enough to punch someone". However, with what we got for him, my acceptance that he wasn't staying, and my hope that if they f*ck this up like I think they will Clark will give the Front Office a much needed colonic, I had no choice but to move to "More displeased than pleased".

That's only because there wasn't a "displeased and ready to remove Carl Peterson's eyeball and urinate profusely in the socket" option.

Same as me, except I picked moderately more displeased than pleased.

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I told Jared not to get that 4th DUI.

But he didn't listen.Might have helped if you'd both been sober at the time.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm pleased as punch. We'll add a lot of net talent and lower risk.

The Chiefs received three draft picks in return for a malcontent, two-time NFL policy offender.

Personally, I think Jared Allen's impact was insanely over-rated and his 15 1/2 sacks meant just about as much to the TEAM as Eric Hick's 14 sacks in 2000.

Nothing.

Smed1065
04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I wonder how many people would be pleased if this trade was the reverse?

We gave up the picks and money to Minny.

Count Zarth
04-23-2008, 06:59 PM

You mean if we had two Jared Allens?

People would be bitching about the offense.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM

A 4-12 team giving a $31 million dollar bonus to a DE with two strikes against him?

I think everyone would be going apeshit, saying that Herm and the front office should be fired immediately.

the Talking Can
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Might have helped if you'd both been sober at the time.

yeah, I think it came out, "dont gget in thaaht carrrrrr sob...sobr...so burrrr....hick.."

Smed1065
04-23-2008, 07:02 PM
I agree but even if we had DT's like Minny, I would not care for it either.

Maybe he is going to throw TD's in Minny instead of catching them as well.

KCChiefsFan88
04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
It was a great move... moves the Chiefs closer to the possibility of 0-16 next season.

BigMeatballDave
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I'd like to ask those who are upset at this trade, do you really think the Chiefs would have given JA 30 mil? NO WAY is he worth it. Carl wasted a truckload of cash a year ago on LJ.

Valiant
04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm pleased as punch. We'll add a lot of net talent and lower risk.

The Chiefs received three draft picks in return for a malcontent, two-time NFL policy offender.

Personally, I think Jared Allen's impact was insanely over-rated and his 15 1/2 sacks meant just about as much to the TEAM as Eric Hick's 14 sacks in 2000.

Nothing.

Bam..

KCChiefsFan88
04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Jared Allen a "malcontent"? That is funny

Seriously did you pick that up from the Bob Moore doctrine of "how do we character assasinate Jared Allen to make our beloved Dictator Carl look good"?

Flustrated
04-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Where's the " I'm glad we saved a boatload of cash, but I expect Carl to f*uck up with the draftpicks." option?

Brock
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Jared Allen a "malcontent"? That is funny

Seriously did you pick that up from the Bob Moore doctrine of "how do we character assasinate Jared Allen to make our beloved Dictator Carl look good"?

Nothing could make Peterson look good. However, Allen was a malcontent, and what's funny is that he had no damn reason at all to be.

Count Zarth
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Nothing could make Peterson look good. However, Allen was a malcontent, and what's funny is that he had no damn reason at all to be.

I think he did. He said he was lied to.

markk
04-23-2008, 08:38 PM
if we had been on the other side of the deal i would think we gave up too much for one player, both contract and picks

BigRock
04-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I think he did. He said he was lied to.
This was the lie.

Carl: Don't worry, Jared. You're a great player and keeping you here is one of our top priorities.

Jared: Yee-haw!

Jared: (drinks)

Jared: (drives)

Jared: (holds onto the soap really tight while he takes a shower in the clink)

Jared: Sup Carl, where's that big contract you were gonna give me?

Carl: ...

Chiefnj2
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
A 4-12 team giving a $31 million dollar bonus to a DE with two strikes against him?

I think everyone would be going apeshit, saying that Herm and the front office should be fired immediately.

He doesn't get 31 million up front. But don't let the facts get in the way of any uninformed rant you may want to make.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2008, 08:47 PM
This was the lie.

Carl: Don't worry, Jared. You're a great player and keeping you here is one of our top priorities.

Jared: Yee-haw!

Jared: (drinks)

Jared: (drives)

Jared: (holds onto the soap really tight while he takes a shower in the clink)

Jared: Sup Carl, where's that big contract you were gonna give me?

Carl: ...

How about the owner lying a few months ago when he said resigning Allen was a top priority. That statement came quite some time after Allen's arrests and after his suspension.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I can make it a priority to resign someone, but if they ask for an unreasonable amount of money, I can also make it a priority to tell them to go f*ck themselves because they aren't worth that.

catfish307
04-23-2008, 09:29 PM
KC got the best end of the deal. Period!

Brock
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
KC got the best end of the deal. Period!

That may end up being true. Check it out in 3-4 years.

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 09:57 PM
How about the owner lying a few months ago when he said resigning Allen was a top priority. That statement came quite some time after Allen's arrests and after his suspension.You're assuming that because they didn't get him re-signed that re-signing him wasn't a priority. Which may or may not be true.

thurman merman
04-23-2008, 09:59 PM
i am very pissed.