PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Your thoughts on MU TE Martin Rucker.....

CoMoChief
04-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Rivalries aside, the guy is a man beast. A lot of times it takes him more than one person to bring him down.

One major downside about him is that he can't block worth shit because while at MU he never really had to. He has decent speed for a TE, but the guy is a big target and knows how to get open which is huge.

I wouldn't mind picking him up if he happens to slip into the 2nd day in the 4th round. I remember Carl being kinda high on him the night of the MU KU game at Arrowhead when Carl had to get his TV time on camera.

Lets all remember that Tony G wasn't a very good blocker at all and really still isn't, but has improved on it dramatically during DV's time here. You can teach someone how to block.

Tony G isn't going to be around for too much longer. I can only imagine what Rucker could learn from Tony G.

Thoughts?

banyon
04-23-2008, 10:06 PM
i like in Rd. 2 or 3. Would give us another receiving threat which we desparately need. In today's league there's no reason that has to be another WR.

banyon
04-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Holy s***. Someone added all of these tags within 2 minutes of the thread being posted?:

chiefs, comoronchief, nfl draft, rucker, tight end, tony g

jjchieffan
04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
i like in Rd. 2 or 3. Would give us another receiving threat which we desparately need. In today's league there's no reason that has to be another WR.

Is he projected that high? I thought he was expected to go in round 4.

eazyb81
04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm obviously a huge Mizzou fan, but I'm really surprised by how far T-Ruck has fallen in the TE prospect rankings. I thought he was right there with Fred Davis, but little nagging injuries held him back in workouts, then other guys came out of the woodwork and passed him up.

The guy is a beast and I have no doubt he would be great in the right system. I could see him playing in a role similar to Marques Colston with the Saints. He's not a superstar blocker, but neither is Antonio Gates - so what? Use him the right way and he could be great.

banyon
04-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Is he projected that high? I thought he was expected to go in round 4.

I actually haven't kept up with past the 1st round. If that's true then 2 does sound too high.

Count Alex's Losses
04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I think he's been projected in the 5th on most rankings because he can't block and he doesn't have great speed.

BigVE
04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I would be pleased if we got him. Tony G. won't be here forever.

Demonpenz
04-23-2008, 10:15 PM
too bad coffman didn't come out he is a better nfl prospect