PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports My softball tourney last weekend...

DJJasonp
04-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Played in a softball tourney this past weekend in San Diego....one of the teams that played in our tourney had Jose and Ozzie Canseco and Rob Dibble on it (Rob did not show).

But...my observations of the Canseco brothers....

They are both still giants....and they both beat the hell out of the ball. Ozzie actually hit the longest home run of the two brothers....I'd say about 400-420, and on a rope no less. Took about 2 1/2 seconds to get out of the park.

Funny thing is....one played pitcher and the other played 1st base...and switched it up from time to time.

It was funny to watch the 3rd baseman and shortstop backing up into the grass when either brother was at the plate (cant say that I blame them much).

Yes, there were plenty of HGH jokes going around (of course no one said them loud enough for them to hear it...they are pretty big dudes).

But they were cool ballplayers, signed some autographs.....and even Jose cracked up when he made a fly out to left field....and the left fielder snapped him off.

(My team did not do so well....so we did not face them)

Phobia
04-24-2008, 01:24 AM
I used to play on a team in Texas with a guy who had a World Series ring. He was a good ball player but I think he was a reserve in the majors. I don't even remember his name ATM. He went about 5'2" and had crazy range but he preferred to play left field.

Now I play with Danan Hughes. He's a serious athlete. Good guy too. Might have had a longer career in MLB had he stuck with that instead of the NFL.

Thig Lyfe
04-24-2008, 01:45 AM
You should send that story in to Deadspin... do you have any pictures?

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Softball guy LMAO

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMfqbR8Ujlk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMfqbR8Ujlk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC
04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Softball guy LMAO

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMfqbR8Ujlk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>
softball guy = reerun!!!!!!
Wahoo I love softball season!

Reerun_KC
04-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Last night we played a double hitter.

Run ruled the first team 13-2 in the second inning, beat the second team 19-5...

Softball guy lives on....

markk
04-25-2008, 08:39 AM
what is a double hitter?

Sully
04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
I bet you couldn't swing a stick without hitting 38 pairs of Oakley's and 14 mullets.

Reerun_KC
04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
I bet you couldn't swing a stick without hitting 38 pairs of Oakley's and 14 mullets.
ROFL

Actually, I didnt see any mullets last night, really wasnt looking that hard, but here in OK, they are still a prime haircut style.....

Saw alot of guys that should of been label HGH users... LOL. those guys crack me up.. They are freaking huge, have these $400 bats and warning track power! LMAO

But will comfirm the Oakley's part... They were everywhere...

Reerun_KC
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
what is a double hitter?
Back to Back games

Sully
04-25-2008, 08:52 AM
ROFL

Actually, I didnt see any mullets last night, really wasnt looking that hard, but here in OK, they are still a prime haircut style.....

Saw alot of guys that should of been label HGH users... LOL. those guys crack me up.. They are freaking huge, have these $400 bats and warning track power! LMAO

But will comfirm the Oakley's part... They were everywhere...

Did every car you walked by have a giant can of Creatine in the window?

markk
04-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Back to Back games

no it isn't.

Reerun_KC
04-25-2008, 08:53 AM
no it isn't.
:rolleyes:

Sully
04-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Double header...

Reerun_KC
04-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Did every car you walked by have a giant can of Creatine in the window?
It made me wonder...

We are just a bunch of average guys, You know mid, 30's, big guts....

So when you see a team loaded up with these guys ROFL it makes you wonder....

They are so big they cant hardly swing the bat with any speed at all...

Reerun_KC
04-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Double header...
Okay....

My 3 year old son always called it a double hitter way back in the day, so it stuck...

I dont think it really makes that much of a difference..