PDA

View Full Version : Misc OT: "Fowl Balls" in Sioux Falls

Stinger
04-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Turkey Testicles--Have A Real "Fowl Ball" At The Game

By Darren RovellSports Business Reporter
cnbc.com
| 22 Apr 2008 | 03:34 PM ET

I didn't eat breakfast this morning. You see, I came into the office to find this news release in my e-mail box.

"CANARIES NEW CONCESSION ITEM: FOWL BALLS"

"The Sioux Falls Canaries and Dakota Provisions are teaming up this summer to bring Fowl Balls to concession stands at the Birdcage. The venture makes Sioux Falls Stadium the first sports venue in the country to offer their fans a chance to enjoy turkey testicles."

What? Oh my god.

Here's Rebecca Steele, director of sales and marketing at Dakota Provisions:

"We harvest and process 18,000 Tom Turkeys each day for several different uses, but this might be the most fun," Steele said. "Being able to sell Fowl balls at a sports venue like Sioux Falls Stadium will highlight the versatility of turkeys; one of the most resourceful proteins in all of nature."

Bill Sedelmeier, director of food and beverage for the independent minor league team located in South Dakota, said that fans can dip their breaded and fried "fowl balls" in a variety of sauces including ranch, barbecue and bleu cheese.

Turkey testicles are supposedly popular in China and Japan. In my entire career, this is the one story I just hope that I really have wrong.

Questions? Comments? SportsBiz@cnbc.com

2008 CNBC, Inc. All Rights Reserved
URL: http://www.cnbc.com/id/24199450/

StcChief
04-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Turkey testicles are supposedly popular in China and Japan.

sounds like we have another export item.....

seclark
04-24-2008, 10:23 AM
they're very good...we have "turkey fry" night once a year at my lodge.
sec

Pestilence
04-24-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm from SD....and this doesn't surprise me.

Demonpenz
04-24-2008, 10:50 AM
deep fry anything probably tastes pretty good.

damaticous
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
They are very good. In Gallatin, MO the "Gallatin Men's Club" puts on a Turkey Testicle Festival. I've been 2 years in a row. this year they had pork testicles mixed in. Those too were good. There's also a few families in teh area that have reunions around testicle festivals.

They pretty much taste like fried chicken breast. Not that much meat, but good.

Fowl Balls Ha HA. I like the name. lol

StcChief
04-24-2008, 11:34 AM
smaller version of "Lamb fries" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_fries

from 'Funny Farm' movie

Redrum_69
04-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Katie Horner reports massive flooding in Sioux Falls