PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto OT-Jared Allen's choice of a mattress

booyaf2
04-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Thought I had to include JA in the subject line.

In the market for a new mattress. Mine's not that old, king size, but i'm having a lot of back pain, and muscle pain. Looked at those fancy latex foam mattresses, that are in the $3k neighborhood, just wanted some feedback if any of you blew than kind of scratch on a bed.

Pestilence
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Allen sleeps on $1000 dollar bills....and Minnesota whores.

I don't think you can afford it.

DaFace
04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
My parents bought one of the Select Comfort sleep-number systems a few years back, and seem to really like it. My dad's always had back pain, so he keeps his side pretty firm, but my mom can leave hers a little softer, which she finds more comfortable.

That's about all I can tell you about it though.

booyaf2
04-24-2008, 01:09 PM
We looked at those too. My chiropractor told us to look into the latex foam. So i go to look around and get some prices and naturally they're the most expense beds you can buy. For $3k there better be some strategically placed holes in that sumb!tch.

Smoke
04-24-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm a big fan of Select Comfort beds. We have had ours almost 2 years now. Pricey, yet worth it IMO. I like how I can adjust it to how my back is feeling.

We got the massage base with it and I'm not sure if I'd buy that part of it again though.

Adept Havelock
04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
My parents bought one of the Select Comfort sleep-number systems a few years back, and seem to really like it. My dad's always had back pain, so he keeps his side pretty firm, but my mom can leave hers a little softer, which she finds more comfortable.

That's about all I can tell you about it though.

Those are great, but I found the clerks get really, really, cranky when the old woman and I took it for a test-drive in the store.

Damn mall security... :cuss:

Dartgod
04-24-2008, 01:50 PM
My wife and I recently bought a Simmons Beauty Rest World Class and love it!

http://www.simmons.com/products/brands/beautyrest/worldClass.html