PDA

View Full Version : Football If Jared Allen gets 15+ sacks next year...

Pestilence
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Would you attribute it to the fact that he's now playing alongside two Pro-Bowl DTs?

Would you attribute it to the fact that he now plays on turf?

Would you attribute it to the fact that he's THAT talented?

Just thinking.....I know...I should stop.

thurman merman
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
WTF. of course he's that talented. he already did it last year. what are you talking about?

seclark
04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
i'd attribute it to the fact that he's stayed f@ckin sober.
sec

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I'd attribute it to all of the above.

If he somehow doesn't get 15 sacks, as unlikely as that seems, what would we attribute that to?

Pestilence
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM

If he somehow doesn't get 15 sacks, as unlikely as that seems, what would we attribute that to?

God.

thurman merman
04-24-2008, 03:28 PM

too busy trying to figure out why his jersey is purple. why would a men's sports team have purple jerseys?

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 03:28 PM
God.When did Ghoston become part of this conversation?

Valiant
04-24-2008, 03:46 PM
If he does not get 15+ sacks up there then there is something wrong.. He is playing on a much better line and a faster field.. He needs at least 15 minimum..

And with how great they should be, I still don't see them winning 9+ games..

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I'd assume he's shooting for 20 and will be disappointed with anything less.

muddyjello
04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I think he'll break the sacks record. He's sexy enough.

Adept Havelock
04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't think it's likely, but in that case it's either:

1) Injury

2) Getting "fat and happy" post-contract.

I'd assume he's shooting for 20 and will be disappointed with anything less.

I think he's got the motor and will to aim for the single season record.

With those two DT's, he certainly has a shot, IMO.

Direckshun
04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I think he'll break the sacks record. He's sexy enough.
Hi, I'm D. I don't believe we've met.

sedated
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
He'll blow out a knee in training camp

muddyjello
04-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi, I'm D. I don't believe we've met.

smooth

Pestilence
04-24-2008, 03:55 PM
When did Ghoston become part of this conversation?

I thought Trevor Laws was God.

KCChiefsMan
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
the only way JA could lower his production would be if he got paid and lost his motor.

Direckshun
04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
smooth
I should mention that NFL scouts project me to be a 1st round Tight End.

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 03:59 PM
I should mention that NFL scouts project me to be a 1st round Tight End.Careful dude, you never know when a "girl" isn't really just another of Kotter's handles.

dj56dt58
04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
When did Ghoston become part of this conversation?

Mis-spell that name again and you will be hit by lighting everyday for the rest of your life

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Mis-spell that name again and you will be hit by lighting everyday for the rest of your lifeI was inspired by amnorix's Ghoulston.

muddyjello
04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
I should mention that NFL scouts project me to be a 1st round Tight End.

im sure you have a very tight end.

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 05:17 PM

He's more the year one, two and three Jared Allen than he is (contract) year four Jared Allen.

Honestly, we all love the guy and talked him up as the shit last year, but I'm still not sure what he is. I'm pretty sure he's not a 15-sacks-per-year guy, and I know he's better than a seven-sacks-per-year guy. Where he falls in-between I don't know.

One other thing I do know is that I'm laughing pretty hard at some of the people who buried me for calling Jared Allen out last year, during the prime of his career when many of the fans here were sucking him off, and are now SAYING THE EXACT SAME THING!

It's literally hilarious what homerism does to people. I can't remember more than two people who didn't strongly disagree with me when I called Allen for his awful fourth-quarter performances. Guys like Goatse and DaKCMan who are burying him for that NOW were nowhere to be found back then.

Count Zarth
04-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Guys like Goatse and DaKCMan who are burying him for that NOW were nowhere to be found back then.

I wrote my article about that after the Titans game...

Unless you were talking about 2006.

beach tribe
04-24-2008, 05:25 PM
:(I'm predicting 18, and a clean record with the NFL

beach tribe
04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
He's more the year one, two and three Jared Allen than he is (contract) year four Jared Allen.

Honestly, we all love the guy and talked him up as the shit last year, but I'm still not sure what he is. I'm pretty sure he's not a 15-sacks-per-year guy, and I know he's better than a seven-sacks-per-year guy. Where he falls in-between I don't know.

One other thing I do know is that I'm laughing pretty hard at some of the people who buried me for calling Jared Allen out last year, during the prime of his career when many of the fans here were sucking him off, and are now SAYING THE EXACT SAME THING!

It's literally hilarious what homerism does to people. I can't remember more than two people who didn't strongly disagree with me when I called Allen for his awful fourth-quarter performances. Guys like Goatse and DaKCMan who are burying him for that NOW were nowhere to be found back then.

Prbably didn't get any sacks in the 4th q bcause we we're losing, and the other team was running the ball at Tamba to kill clock.

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I wrote my article about that after the Titans game...

Unless you were talking about 2006.

I apologize. I don't know how, but I appear to have confused you with someone else. Someone adamently opposed me back then and is now on the "trading Allen was great/he disappeared in the fourth quarter" bandwagon.

Having re-read one of those threads, it reminded me how you actually saw what was happening on the field. Allen was getting stonewalled like a bitch and folks were blind to it.

Disclaimer: Speaking negatively of Allen, then or now, doesn't mean I think Tamba Hali is doing great. It never did. I don't see where people get that from.

MTG#10
04-24-2008, 05:31 PM
God.

I'm not going to stop him.