PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft So - What are your plans for Draft Weekend?

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Are you the type that only checks the ticker occasionally?

Are you the type that plans your entire weekend around it and watches every pick, from start to finish?

Somewhere in between?

For the last several years, me and my friends tradition is to play golf in the morning, come back to the house, grill up some grub, crack some brews, and watch the entire first day while playing poker in front of the 50" plasma.

So - what are your plans?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I figured I would watch every pick and get absolutely hammered along the way. Rinse and repeat on Sunday.

El Jefe
04-24-2008, 03:23 PM

Are you the type that plans your entire weekend around it and watches every pick, from start to finish?

Somewhere in between?

For the last several years, me and my friends tradition is to play golf in the morning, come back to the house, grill up some grub, crack some brews, and watch the entire first day while playing poker in front of the 50" plasma.

Thats like Heaven on earth IMO.

Pestilence
04-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Every other year I've watched the draft all the way through....while talking to friends in Tucson.

This year...I'll be at my girlfriend's daughters 1st birthday. When the Chiefs pick....I'll be in front of the TV.

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm doing my damnest to not have to work Saturday, and I'm going to plant my ass in my recliner at 2 and not move the rest of the day.

(I'll probably avoid the 'planet. This place is a meltdown waiting to happen on draft day, going on past years)

Woodrow Call
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
My friends and I always make a weekend out of it. A little BBQ, a little drinking, and a lot of :bong:. Watch it from start to finish.

Good times.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Sit on the Planet and watch every pick on ESPN like have done since 1996 or so, well not the Planet part but the ESPN part. Its one of my favorite events of the year.

Pestilence
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
My friends and I always make a weekend out of it. A little BBQ, a little drinking, and a lot of :bong:. Watch it from start to finish.

Good times.

How do you last through the entire draft while :bong:?

Don't the picks take forever?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM

Good times.

Archie Bunker gets a visit from the KC Mafia during draft weekend:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gGZAIFteAg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gGZAIFteAg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Frazod
04-24-2008, 03:28 PM
TV and computer. I already told the wife to leave me the hell alone.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2008, 03:29 PM
The internet has made the draft so much better IMO. I remember used to have 10 to 15 college football magazines out on draft day, looking up players and such. Not its just a click away.

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
TV and computer. I already told the wife to leave me the hell alone.So it's like every other night and weekend, then.

Heh.

eazyb81
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
For the last few years my plans have revolved around drinking as much Newcastle as I can muster while stuffing my face with various snacks.

This year is going to be different because I have a Macroeconomics final exam on Saturday from 3:30 to 5:30, which sucks ass. I've thought about just watching until the exam so I can see KC's pick, but I can see myself bombing the exam if we pick someone like Branden Albert at 5 - I will be furious and won't be able to concentrate.

So, I am going to tivo this bad boy and just rush home after the exam to watch the whole thing a few hours late. Thus, I won't be on here because I want to get the full experience and don't want to hear about picks early.

Bob Dole
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Have a fundraiser motorcycle run from 8-12, then home to fire up the grill and drink some beer in front of the 12" B&W Zenith.

thurman merman
04-24-2008, 03:33 PM
i will be at the royals game :(

so i am recording the draft and watching it when i get home.

Delano
04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Two nasty school projects + NFL draft = slightly above mediocre weekend.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2008, 03:35 PM
2003 Draft will be memomrable for me. For one it was the first one I didnt watch at home, I was in Orlando for a school trip. We were at Universal Studios that day and I spent most of it bounching in and out of the restraunts there trying to watch the draft. I remember I was in NASCAR cafe when the Chiefs took Larry Johnson. I also I remember being at the hotel and being pissed as hell when we took Kawika Mitchel.

muddyjello
04-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm going to hang out with a special guy and watch the draft..hopefully.

luv
04-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Going to a BBQ around KC. Then driving to Richland for a party (although not draft related unless talking about draft beer).

Woodrow Call
04-24-2008, 03:39 PM
How do you last through the entire draft while :bong:?

Don't the picks take forever?

We're all seasoned vets. It's almost like an energy boost at this point.
:D

sedated
04-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I've begun the tradition of getting wasted and playing pool in a bar all day.

So the draft will add an extra element to that.

xbarretx
04-24-2008, 03:46 PM

i second that b/c none of my buds will watch it and i live in the sticks (gardner)

Frosty
04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Sit on the couch all weekend and eat too much, as usual.

Last year was my first that I logged on to CP while watching it, though. It was hilarious, especially Rainman's Tank meltdown.

This seems like a good place to ask: Those who are going to watch it, are you going to watch ESPN or NFLN?

I normally watch ESPN, out of habit, but last year was so bad that I'm thinking of trying NFLN. However, I don't know if I can take several hours of Lombardi and Casserly.

Count Zarth
Work. Lots of work. 13 ****ing picks.

eazyb81
i second that b/c none of my buds will watch it and i live in the sticks (gardner)

Same here, all my friends think I'm weird for spending the weekend watching players get their names called.

sedated
04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Same here, all my friends think I'm weird for spending the weekend watching players get their names called.

Imagine if you are one of the tards recording it.

Direckshun
I'll be at the event at the Chiefs' practice facility.

Went last year and had a great time.

eazyb81
(I'll probably avoid the 'planet. This place is a meltdown waiting to happen on draft day, going on past years)

The all-time best reaction was when DJ fell to us. Someone posted it awhile ago, it was hilarious.

Posters initially were threatening to kill Peterson and bomb Arrowhead if we didn't draft him, and when we did it was like we just won the Super Bowl.

Frazod
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
So it's like every other night and weekend, then.

Heh.

Well...... :)

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Ditto. After the first round people think I'm nuts.

ILikeBigTiddys
04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
The draft is sofa king boring. Im sure I will be doing something else and check this place out in the evening.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll be at the event at the Chiefs' practice facility.

Went last year and had a great time.

The one year I went, Chiefs traded their pick to St. Louis for Green. But I got to meet Green and Holmes that day.

Guru
04-24-2008, 03:55 PM

Somewhere in between?

You are supposed to be somewhere else too. :cuss::evil:

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
You are supposed to be somewhere else too. :cuss::evil:

Y'all picked the wrong weekend.

I have friends that come in from KC and Dallas every year for this thing.

Otherwise, you know damn well I'd be there.

FireKingCarldotNET
04-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I plan on working on my goal of getting a new Chiefs GM!

dj56dt58
04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Probably trying to figure out wtf the Chiefs are thinking

Guru
04-24-2008, 04:02 PM

I know. But I am still going to give you crap!!!:D

BigChiefFan
04-24-2008, 04:07 PM
I'll be watching every pick from start to finish. Some may think it's boring, but I enjoy seeing all the teams approaches at improving.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
I know. But I am still going to give you crap!!!:D

Fair enough.

Probably better I'm not there, if we were to use the 5th pick on Clady or Albert, I suspect my dart throwing would become more erratic than Fish's.

luv
04-24-2008, 04:22 PM

It's really because I'm going, isn't it?

DaFace
04-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll be at la Casa de Rain Man, hopefully adding a few more people to my list of ChiefsPlaneteers I've met.

Braincase
04-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Arrowhead Training Facility

Nzoner
04-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Going to BW3 Draft Party and then to Kaufman for Royals game and then to Harrah's,Sunday I'll be relax er recouping in front of the tube

recxjake
04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
beer, food, tv

Guru
04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Fair enough.

Probably better I'm not there, if we were to use the 5th pick on Clady or Albert, I suspect my dart throwing would become more erratic than Fish's.

I'll do it for ya, don't worry!!!!

alanm
04-24-2008, 05:18 PM
My plans? Valium lots of Valium on hand. :)

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Going to Phobia's BBQ Saturday afternoon, then to the Royals game with Nzoner. Sunday morning I'll be listening to it on the radio while driving home, and by the 6th & 7th round I'll probably get sick of it and watch the Neckcar race at Talladega instead.

dirk digler
04-24-2008, 06:31 PM

Yep that is exactly what I am doing. I can't wait to read all the bitching that is going to happen on Saturday.

Bearcat
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
The all-time best reaction was when DJ fell to us. Someone posted it awhile ago, it was hilarious.

Posters initially were threatening to kill Peterson and bomb Arrowhead if we didn't draft him, and when we did it was like we just won the Super Bowl.

Heh.. it was like that at the Chiefs' draft party at the practice facility. It was a good time... Patrick Surtain was introduced as a Chief, and Jared Allen and a few others were there for autographs.

When DJ fell, the place was on pins and needles, and the place erupted when they made the announcement.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Going to Phobia's BBQ Saturday afternoon, then to the Royals game with Nzoner. Sunday morning I'll be listening to it on the radio while driving home, and by the 6th & 7th round I'll probably get sick of it and watch the Neckcar race at Talladega instead.
I freakin' love your avatar-"hi kids, ya thirsty?"

Sure-Oz
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Probably go over to the GF's parents pad while they are out of town and watch the Draft on their 60" HDTV, get some healthy snacks in and a few drinks...

I am pretty excited about saturday

xbarretx
04-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Probably go over to the GF's parents pad while they are out of town and watch the Draft on their 60" HDTV, get some healthy snacks in and a few drinks...

I am pretty excited about saturday

gf's house .. no parents...and NOT ONE mention of sexing it up... :shake: Oz what kind of a man are you!? do you want me to take you off my PSN list LMAO j/k ;)

Skip Towne
04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Have a fundraiser motorcycle run from 8-12, then home to fire up the grill and drink some beer in front of the 12" B&W Zenith.

Believe it or not I have a 5" B&W TV. I use it on service calls.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2008, 07:55 PM
gf's house .. no parents...and NOT ONE mention of sexing it up... :shake: Oz what kind of a man are you!? do you want me to take you off my PSN list LMAO j/k ;)

lol, in between picks of courseROFL

They do have a nice hot tub too, should be a fun evening...:evil:

chagrin
04-24-2008, 07:55 PM
staying the hell away from here

BIG K
04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I will be at the lake camping with a bunch of friends and their kids. My one friend is bringing his sattelite so we can tune into the draft on ocassion. I am excited! It also my birthday this weekend so, I expect to drink all weekend for free! :)

Chief Wiggum
04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Will watch the whole thing - not sure if I'll visit the planet or not - I always get drug into arguments. Will start out drinking red beers and make the following progression as we make stupid picks:

Guinness
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Bloody
Bourbon
Scotch
Tequila

If I make it to tequila, God save us all...

xbarretx
04-24-2008, 08:23 PM
lol, in between picks of courseROFL

They do have a nice hot tub too, should be a fun evening...:evil:

hehe just giving you a hard time ;)

xbarretx
04-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Will watch the whole thing - not sure if I'll visit the planet or not - I always get drug into arguments. Will start out drinking red beers and make the following progression as we make stupid picks:

Guinness
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Bloody
Bourbon
Scotch
Tequila

If I make it to tequila, God save us all...

since we have 13 picks atm what happens when you get past tequila all the way to Oxy cotton? :huh:

damaticous
04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Wake up at 6 am.
put charcoal in teh smoker
when temp gets to 225 put 1 hickory log and 1 apple log on the fire.
put brisket and pork roast in the smoker
crack open my first beer.
check every hour or so.
beer.
put stuff in my truck to take to the dump.
beer
watch first 5 picks of draft on 65" tv
beer
play softball with friend
beer beer
Check chiefsplanet.com for updates to draft
beer beer beer
about 6 pm remove brisket and pork
wrap in alum foil and put towel over it and set on counter for 1.5 hours.
beer.
put brisket and pork in fridge.
beer
watch SNL or movie
beer
sleep

Chief Wiggum
04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
since we have 13 picks atm what happens when you get past tequila all the way to Oxy cotton? :huh:

If that happens I don't think you'll see ol' Wiggum around the planet anymore.

xbarretx
04-24-2008, 08:28 PM
If that happens I don't think you'll see ol' Wiggum around the planet anymore.

b/c you defected(sp) to being a :Rader: fan? grob

Chief Wiggum
04-24-2008, 08:49 PM
b/c you defected(sp) to being a :Rader: fan? grob

That will NEVER happen. More likely because my liver decided there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.:BLVD:

xbarretx
04-24-2008, 08:59 PM
That will NEVER happen. More likely because my liver decided there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.:BLVD:

:grouphug:

jjchieffan
04-24-2008, 10:03 PM
So who is going to be perched with a sniper rifle ready to shoot Petersucker if he reaches at 5?

BIG K
04-24-2008, 10:22 PM
So who is going to be perched with a sniper rifle ready to shoot Petersucker if he reaches at 5?

I am documented at 667 yds. with the 30-06. Unfortunately, I am 2k miles away......

PhillyChiefFan
04-25-2008, 06:26 AM
I will be at M&T Bank stadium in Baltimore, taking Flak all day for wearing my Chiefs Jersey.