PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs John Murphy, Yahoo! Sports, babbling ...

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Chiefs | Team considering acquiring another first-round pick
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:45:48 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are seriously considering acquiring a second first-round draft pick within the top-10 to 15 choices by bundling some of 13 total draft choices they currently possess. The Chiefs are looking at teams such as the Cincinnati Bengals, New Orleans Saints and Buffalo Bills in the hopes that the draft plays out in such a manner that those teams would be interested in trading back to the 17th overall pick in the first round, the pick the Chiefs received from the Minnesota Vikings for DL Jared Allen. If the Chiefs can complete a pre-draft deal for a second first-round pick, they would likely look to add a pass rusher or possibly a quarterback.

------------

What QB would they possibly consider trading up for in the 10-15 range?

Sounds like a bunch of uninformed, speculative bull imo.

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't think the trade-up ideas crazy at all, but I have no idea what QB it would be. Maybe Ryan if he falls. Maybe they're higher on Brohm or (ugh) Henne than we think. Who knows.

Everything right now is either speculation or disinformation anyway.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Wait a second.

We already have 2 1st round picks.

Does he mean a THIRD 1st round pick?

Because that reads like we're looking to use #17 to move up in the 10-15 range, which John Clayton has been reporting all day.

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 04:44 PM
He said 2nd pick in the top 10-15. I did a double-take too. I'm assuming that means the 17 is part of it.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
He said 2nd pick in the top 10-15. I did a double-take too. I'm assuming that means the 17 is part of it.

So he's basically ripping off John Clayton's work.

Bob Dole
04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
It would be really cool if we could land 2 outstanding players who we could trade away for picks in 4 years.

keg in kc
04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
So he's basically ripping off John Clayton's work.I don't think you can really attribute any of this as anyone's "work". It doesn't take John Clayton to see that the Chiefs have 6 picks in the first 3 round, and to postulate that they might use some to move up from 17...

eazyb81
04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
We would have to be morons to trade up in the 1st round before actually seeing who is available at that pick.

I think most of what you hear at this point is just smoke.

Direckshun
04-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I... think this is a smokescreen. Although a rotation of Gholston, Hali, and Harvey would be a sight to see. ;)

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2008, 04:49 PM
This smells like Clady.

Ari Chi3fs
It would be really cool if we could land 2 outstanding players who we could trade away for picks in 4 years.

Yeah, its what I love about K.C. Sports!

OnTheWarpath58
We would have to be morons to trade up in the 1st round before actually seeing who is available at that pick.

I think most of what you hear at this point is just smoke.

I absolutely believe that they made trade up with Buffalo, but I also absolutely believe they wouldn't pull the trigger until they saw who was available at 11.

But I also would hope that if they are interested, they are at least making calls to check on interest with other teams, that 10 minute limit will go quick.

Jumping ahead of Denver and taking Chris Williams might be worth it.

Rain Man
04-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Yeah, but in their defense those players won't want to be here.

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
This smells like Clady.

I agree, this report is shit.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM
This smells like Clady.

No. I think they want one of the top QB's behind Ryan. Brohm, Henne or Flacco.

Mizzou_8541
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM

Dude, if you are going to make ridiculous comments like that, at least change your Mizzou shirt in your classy, totally non-trashy pic.

But at least you are flipping off the camera, so that's cool.

KC Tattoo
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Nope, don't think they are. They'le pick O line before QB anyways I'm sure they are going with Brodie Croyle and give him the team around him. They may pick a QB with the later round picks but doubt it very much first day.

Brodie has been working in KC and is going to be our starting QB 08. I personnely think he is going to be a great QB, just have to wait and see.'

I know all about his injuries but he is still better than what people want to give him credit, and he did take some hits last year and got right back up to throw a strike. So he can do it, and be the guy.

Just sayin that they still want to give Brodie a shot and this draft we are getting the neucleous of the team with the big uglies up front. With the JA trade we may go after a top DE but still & or get a O-line man with our first two picks (1st round) then WR or CB with the third pick (2nd round) on Saterday. Sunday is going to be wide open and they can grab all most any one even QB for depth and insurance on Brodie.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Nope, don't think they are. They'le pick O line before QB anyways I'm sure they are going with Brodie Croyle and give him the team around him. They may pick a QB with the later round picks but doubt it very much first day.

Brodie has been working in KC and is going to be our starting QB 08. I personnely think he is going to be a great QB, just have to wait and see.'

I know all about his injuries but he is still better than what people want to give him credit, and he did take some hits last year and got right back up to throw a strike. So he can do it, and be the guy.

Just sayin that they still want to give Brodie a shot and this draft we are getting the neucleous of the team with the big uglies up front. With the JA trade we may go after a top DE but still & or get a O-line man with our first two picks (1st round) then WR or CB with the third pick (2nd round) on Saterday. Sunday is going to be wide open and they can grab all most any one even QB for depth and insurance on Brodie.

Brodie will get his shot and be the opening day starter. But I think the Chiefs will definately draft a QB first day. They almost have to because of Brodies injury history. Ive been saying this for awhile. I guess we will find out on Sat.

Rausch
04-24-2008, 07:25 PM
5 -QB
11- OT...:D

kstater
04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Dude, if you are going to make ridiculous comments like that, at least change your Mizzou shirt in your classy, totally non-trashy pic.

But at least you are flipping off the camera, so that's cool.

Heh

Rausch
04-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Nope, don't think they are. They'le pick O line before QB anyways I'm sure they are going with Brodie Croyle and give him the team around him.

**** giving him anything. He didn't have anything to work with last year and didn't prove anything either. Pick the best players to build this team around. If that player is a rookie QB Brodie better beat his @$$ in camp and preseason...

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Trading up in front of the Donks speaks volumes.

It really sounds like they are targeting OT or DT with that 11th pick. That's what Denver needs.

beach tribe
04-24-2008, 08:30 PM

We could get them at 17.