PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If the Chiefs Select Chris Long then

Mr. Arrowhead
04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
whats Howie gonna think. Would he be forced to be a chiefs fan? lol

Brock
04-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I've read Howie doesn't like the Raiders.

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Regardless, if Howie likes the Raiders or not. He's going to be remembered as a Raider.

Brock
04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Regardless, if Howie likes the Raiders or not. He's going to be remembered as a Raider.

No shit? I figured he'd be remembered for that other NFL team he played for.

BigVE
04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Today's raiduhs are not the same team Howie played for in every sense of the word.

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
No shit? I figured he'd be remembered for that other NFL team he played for.

I was just being captain obvious wtf.

noa
04-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Raiders would be idiots to pass up Long for McFadden, which is why I could see them doing it.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
I hope we don't draft him. He doesn't impress me at all. Gholston is explosive, Long is not.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I hope we don't draft him. He doesn't impress me at all. Gholston is explosive, Long is not.

Long is a safer pick than Gholston. Long is kind of like Hali. Meaning his upside isnt too far up, but he would more than likely be a nice solid pick.

Gholston is boom or bust.

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM

This is becoming a little cliche and it's completely wrong. Gholston is more explosive than Long. That doesn't mean Long isn't explosive; he just happens to play the run a lot better than Gholston.

Guy had 14 sacks, ran a 4.7 forty, has great agility and moves like a linebacker, ridiculous blood-lines, great size, a non-stop motor. What more do people want in a prospect?

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Long is a safer pick than Gholston. Long is kind of like Hali. Meaning his upside isnt too far up, but he would more than likely be a nice solid pick.

Okay, now we're getting a little crazy. Chris Long is ATHLETIC. Let's not downgrade the kid's talent just because he's also got a great motor and work ethic. He can move, is strong, quick, agile - all at 270+lbs. Did no one watch his workouts? He looks like DeMarcus Ware in LB drills and is clearly a fine pass-rusher.

This guy is getting vastly underrated, imo. He's a 12+ sack guy who'll play in the league for 10+ years and make the Pro Bowl at least half of those. I like Gholston, but he's not on Long's level as a complete football player. We shouldn't lose sight of what that means, especially after we drafted a stud in D-Bowe over "higher upside" WRs like Robert Meachem, who can't hold D-Bowe's jock.

HolmeZz
04-24-2008, 05:07 PM

Chris Long isn't explosive? Are you serious? LMAO

I do find it humorous when people comment on players they've seemingly never watched before.

Long's a freak athletically for his size. His game is much more well-rounded than Gholston's and he doesn't have a habit of disappearing ever so often like Gholston does.

Long is a hell of a lot more Jared Allen than Tamba Hali. He can wreck havoc.

Brock
04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Take it easy, Vanilla Poster is retarded.

tomahawk kid
04-24-2008, 05:10 PM
I've heard that Howie and Skelator don't get along anymore as well.

I'd love to pick Long at 5.

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Chris Long will be a fine pro even if he's only half as good as the old man. Howie Long is the ONLY Raider I ever liked.

On a related note, I've been told that Skip loved Todd Christensen as both a player and an announcer.

beach tribe
04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
I would like to have Gholston, but would much prefer Long.

Long has been at the top of the draft since the end of the season, Gholston has rocketed up in the offseason. I'm always weary of such things.

kcchiefsus
04-24-2008, 05:15 PM
With Hali being weak against the run I would love to switch him over to right end which I believe is his more natural position. Put Long at left end and we have a pretty good tandem.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I'll take Long over Gholston in a second...

Gholston has hall of fame potential, sure...but so does Long and Long is a can't miss...with Long you know you're getting a guy who will buy into the system, contribute right away, will have a great work ethic, and has a tremendous motor and football IQ...he's a winner.

I don't know that about Gholston, maybe he'll set the NFL on fire, who knows...but I'll take the sure thing and be happy as hell he was there at #5...

beach tribe
04-24-2008, 05:18 PM
I'll take Long over Gholston in a second...

Gholston has hall of fame potential, sure...but so does Long and Long is a can't miss...with Long you know you're getting a guy who will buy into the system, contribute right away, will have a great work ethic, and has a tremendous motor and football IQ...he's a winner.

I don't know that about Gholston, maybe he'll set the NFL on fire, who knows...but I'll take the sure thing and be happy as hell he was there at #5...

First time we've ever agreed. Take the sure thing with that pick.

noa
04-24-2008, 05:19 PM
I thought this was a pretty good article on Chris Long:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/03/06/long/2.html

Its really long, so I won't paste it, but its worth a read.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 05:28 PM

Which is precisely why so many of the 8-8 crowd feel perfectly happy checking all the way down to the river with Long.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Okay, now we're getting a little crazy. Chris Long is ATHLETIC. Let's not downgrade the kid's talent just because he's also got a great motor and work ethic.

Why not, you were happy to downgrade Gholston's motor based on his athletic ability?

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Why not, you were happy to downgrade Gholston's motor based on his athletic ability?

Where?

Long has all kinds of talent and gives 100 percent every snap. Gholston has more talent, and gives far less than 100 percent on every snap. I'm not downgrading Gholston's motor for any reason other than ... his motor.

Direckshun
04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
This is becoming a little cliche and it's completely wrong. Gholston is more explosive than Long. That doesn't mean Long isn't explosive; he just happens to play the run a lot better than Gholston.

Guy had 14 sacks, ran a 4.7 forty, has great agility and moves like a linebacker, ridiculous blood-lines, great size, a non-stop motor. What more do people want in a prospect?
MORE!!!! MORE SAYS I!!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Where?

Long has all kinds of talent and gives 100 percent every snap. Gholston has more talent, and gives far less than 100 percent on every snap. I'm not downgrading Gholston's motor for any reason other than ... his motor.
ROFL

You ask me where and then do the exact thing that I accused you of doing.

Once again, Scott Wright>>>drooling retards>>>The Sporting News

Strengths:
A terrific athlete...Good speed and quickness...Has a cut muscular physique...Very strong with good power...Has an outstanding motor...Does a solid job against the run...Has excellent range and is a terror in pursuit...Is able to get pressure off the edge or as a bull rusher...Good tackler...A hard worker with top intangibles...Very productive...Versatile and can play more than one position...Still has some upside.

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 05:40 PM
You claim I downgrade Gholston's motor BASED ON his athletic ability. That's completely wrong. I downgrade his motor BECAUSE OF HIS MOTOR.

When you've finished sucking off Scott Wright -- the hack who writes the same shit about 400 players, half of whom he's never seen play -- think about the point at hand: Gholston ... VERSUS LONG.

Gholston's "outstanding motor" pales in comparison to what a true outstanding motor looks like - Chris Long. Every analyst out there says as much, since you're so keen on the 'expert's' opinions, and that's why just about all of them rank Long above Gholston.

B_Ambuehl
04-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Gholston has potential bust written all over him. He's a workout warrior, doesn't show up on film, and has extremely short arms. Speed rushing types with short arms don't exist in the NFL. You need the arm length to get the outside leverage. There are 1 or 2 effective inside rushers with short arms (Patrick Kerney), but not outside rushers.

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2008, 05:48 PM
You know if KC picked Howie's kid it just might kill off old Darth Vader out there in Oaktown. I'd love to see his kid crushing QB's in a Chiefs UNI.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxBgj1_pvno&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxBgj1_pvno&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 05:49 PM
You claim I downgrade Gholston's motor BASED ON his athletic ability. That's completely wrong. I downgrade his motor BECAUSE OF HIS MOTOR.

When you've finished sucking off Scott Wright -- the hack who writes the same shit about 400 players, half of whom he's never seen play -- think about the point at hand: Gholston ... VERSUS LONG.

Gholston's "outstanding motor" pales in comparison to what a true outstanding motor looks like - Chris Long. Every analyst out there says as much, since you're so keen on the 'expert's' opinions, and that's why just about all of them rank Long above Gholston.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/vernon-gholston.htm

There is just so much to like about Gholston. He has a perfect body, large frame that can hold more weight, long arms and thick legs. He gets excellent leverage, has a low center of gravity, and consistently holds his ground at the point of attack. He uses his hands as well as any prospect in recent years and Gholston will fight and claw until the whistle. His speed enables him to chase down plays and flow down the line, but he is also fast enough to play sideline to sideline as a linebacker. He is a strong open-field tackler who can lay the lumber and dislodge ball carriers from the ball. He has an improving pass rush repertoire with the ability swim and counter effectively and is getting comfortable with his package. Add in a relentless motor, strong work ethic and squeaky-clean background and you have quite a prospect.

On the other hand, there is very little not to like about Gholston. He is an improving player with the potential to be a transcending talent who can take over the league much like Jason Taylor has over the last few seasons. Other than his relative inexperience, Gholston rates highly in every category. Some people have called him overrated and thatís myself included. Sorry, but Iím a Michigan guy, Michigan State to be exact, and itís my job to hate Buckeyes, but after reviewing more tape and getting a closer look at him, I have changed my humble opinion. Hey, Iím allowed to do that right?

Gholston is amazing; there is just no other way to put it. With Parcells now in Miami, Iím a little surprised that Gholston is not considered a candidate for the Number 1 pick. Imagine him and Taylor on the same field attacking QBís and runners, and it seems like the team will try to switch to a full-time 3-4 defense, giving the Fish the ability to toss out multiple looks and disguise their blitzes better than any team in the league. If Gholston slips to the Jets at #6, the Dolphins will regret it for the next decade. Playing in the same division, Miami would have to face him twice a year. Youíd be looking at anywhere from 20-25 times that Miami could kick themselves in the butt for not taking him

JBucc
04-24-2008, 05:52 PM
It's not like he's going to toot against his kid just because he's playing for us.

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2008, 06:09 PM
I'll say it again: If the Chiefs get Long at 5, they win the draft. Williams, Clady, et al. at 17 is just icing on the cake.

KCChiefsMan
04-24-2008, 06:11 PM
I can't see Chris Long falling to us, you'd think Al Davis would select a former great's son of his.

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2008, 06:11 PM
... (http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/vernon-gholston.htm)and is getting comfortable with his package. ?

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2008, 06:12 PM
I can't see Chris Long falling to us, you'd think Al Davis would select a former great's son of his.

Who knows what the senile old coot will do.