PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs In Defense of Carl

Color Red
04-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Jared Allen suggests that Chiefs management irreparably damaged his relationship with the organization. The front office is made to blame for things working out as they ultimately did.

In defense of Carl, here’s my appreciation for Chiefs leadership taking a strong stand as they did when Jared had his DUI scrapes. A major sports team feels some responsibility when they bring high paid athletes into a community. When one of these athletes creates a reputation for drunk driving it obviously is a terribly dangerous thing, embarrassing to team management, and regrettably, it often does not correct itself.

Most people laugh at the character issues violated in Cincinnati over the last several years by members of their football team. In Kansas City we have a team management saying drunk driving won’t be tolerated in our community. And Jared Allen acts like the Chiefs had no right to be concerned or corrective when he made his dangerous and public errors.

Props to Allen, for what appears to be an important and healthy change in his more recent behavior. But he bears some responsibility for why his relationship with the Chiefs is the way it is too. Thanks to Chiefs management for not taking lightly, or looking the other way when one of its players demonstrated “at risk” behavior in the community. Who knows? Maybe the Chiefs firm and confrontational posture is partly why Jared has mended his ways.

Basileus777
04-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm not naive enough to believe for a second that Carl gives a shit about bringing a drunk into the community.

MichaelH
04-24-2008, 07:49 PM
There is no defense of Carl in my opinion. He has made far too many incredibly stupid decisions to ever make up for them.

Rain Man
04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Defense of Carl Peterson is indefensible.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm not naive enough to believe for a second that Carl gives a shit about bringing a drunk into the community.

Yea. although it sounds nice and we all would like to think the Chiefs took the moral high road here, that really had ZERO to do with this.

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
You might be right if Carl had just been hired. But considering his history, this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Or, more accurately, the camel's back was broken years ago. Now we're just whipping the poor beast while it lays on the floor groaning in agony.

bogey
04-24-2008, 07:57 PM

I've never seen you as angry as this JA trade has made you.

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2008, 07:58 PM
BAM MORRIS!

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
You might be right if Carl had just been hired. But considering his history, this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Or, more accurately, the camel's back was broken years ago. Now we're just whipping the poor beast while it lays on the floor groaning in agony.

You bring up a good point.

If a new GM had come in and made the exact same trade, i think more people might be praising this trade. People are holding this trade against Carl because of who he is and his history with the team.

Is Carl a jackass? Yes

Has carl made many boneheaded decsions in 19 years? Of course

But his decsion to trade JA wasnt one of them.

Rausch
This thread should be fun.

kcfan82
So we're comparing what JA did to the likes of Chris Henry and Pac Man Jones?

big nasty kcnut
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Carl suck ass he don't get any respect from the essex family eat it carl

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
People are holding this trade against Carl because of who he is and his history with the team.

Yep.

When you chase off so many players over the last 19 years, it's tough to assume you're not doing exactly the same thing, especially given the reports of their relationship.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Fourteen years without a playoff win speaks volumes. That's ample time for evaluation-he sucks.

Rausch
04-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Fourteen years without a playoff win speaks volumes. That's ample time for evaluation-he sucks.

I figure 3 years is enough to judge any HC/GM tandem.

Get to the postseason this year. I don't give a $#it if you are rebuilding, perhaps you should have started it earlier...

kcfan82
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
In defense of Carl, he should have been fired last year so it's not his fault he is still allowed to **** up this franchise.

Rain Man
04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Carl suck ass he don't get any respect from the essex family eat it carl

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Skip Towne
04-24-2008, 08:19 PM

But you haven't been around here very long. Rain Man is a beast when angry.

beach tribe
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
But if you bitch slap women, he'll sweep it under the rug, and give ya 20 mil.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Agreed it was both parties fault, but this is not new with Peterson, no matter what he needs to be gone within a year or 2 at the latest. I'm ready for someone that isn't a bullheaded dumbass. Carl=zero championships and raised ticket prices

**** YOU CARL

Chief Wiggum
04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Carl has had 19 years to get the benefit of the doubt. No more. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me 20 times, eat sh!t and die Carl!

old_geezer
04-24-2008, 08:26 PM
In defense of Carl, he should have been fired last year so it's not his fault he is still allowed to **** up this franchise.

Quoted for truth:clap:

Rain Man
04-24-2008, 08:28 PM

Carl wronged me. He done me wrong.

Adept Havelock
04-24-2008, 08:29 PM
In any other NFL Front Office, Carl would be a backup.

To the janitor's assistant.

KCTitus
04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Ever since Marty quit, I defended Carl for many years...after the failed 2003 attempt, Ive been pretty much done with Carl as GM. The total debacle of a season last year only solidified that fact.

10 straight losses? WTF? Ive seen KC look bad, but that's F'ing pathetic. This team is in the toilet and they continue to flush...

The next two years are going to suck...80's style.

Skip Towne
04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Ever since Marty quit, I defended Carl for many years...after the failed 2003 attempt, Ive been pretty much done with Carl as GM. The total debacle of a season last year only solidified that fact.

10 straight losses? WTF? Ive seen KC look bad, but that's F'ing pathetic. This team is in the toilet and they continue to flush...

Even in the 80's we didn't lose 10 straight.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
what he said

HemiEd
04-24-2008, 08:49 PM

Haven't you heard? All it takes is draft choices from a talent genius like Herm, the team will be at the top in no time.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 08:52 PM

Well at least Carl acknowledges this and is attempting to rebuild from scratch for once. Every team goes through this dark period eventually. Its pretty amazing that its been nearly 20 years since we have been this bad.

kcfanXIII
04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
its taken him 20 years to realize he needs to blow it up, and start over. too long, last year was too long, he probably should have left with vermeil. **** him.

hawkchief
04-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Great to see Gretz had time to stop by and start a thread - sheesh.

CoMoChief
04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
This guy obviously doesn't remember some of the thugs CP brought in here towards the end of Marty's reign.

Bwana
04-24-2008, 09:57 PM
All I have to say about this is:

Hey Carl........................... 4321