PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brodie is a hick

Count Zarth
04-25-2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/592413.html

Chiefs quarterback Croyle organizes hunt for charity

By BRENT FRAZEE

The Kansas City Star

<!-- START /pubsys/production/story/story_assets.comp --> <script language="Javascript"> function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.kansascity.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); } </script> <!-- photo or image available --> <!-- Start: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_embedded.comp --> http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/04/25/21/672-BrodyCroyle_turkey_04-26-2008_3K12KPMU.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/04/25/21/185-BrodyCroyle_turkey_04-26-2008_3K12KPMU.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg)
Chiefs quarterback Brodie Croyle was a proud hunter after he took a big turkey on opening day of the Kansas season in 2007.
<!-- End: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_embedded.comp -->
<!-- Commenting out fact box for Jody Cox --> <!-- /mi/pubsys/story/asset_list, include_asset_type=>"factbox" -->
<!-- END /pubsys/production/story/story_assets.comp --> <table> </table> Chiefs quarterback Brodie Croyle may work in the big city, but he still describes himself as “a country boy at heart.”Maybe that’s why something stirs deep within his soul once spring arrives. He feels the urge to return to his roots, get back in the woods and hunt wild turkeys again.

“Hearing that first gobble of the spring ranks right up there with throwing a touchdown pass for me,” said Croyle, 25, who was brought up in Alabama. “I’m just a fanatic about turkey hunting.

“In Alabama, there isn’t much to do except hunt. I grew up with it. And I haven’t grown out of it."

“I could turkey hunt every day if I had the time.”

Croyle has already shot three turkeys this spring in his wife Kelli’s home state, Mississippi, and one in his native Alabama. But it’s an upcoming hunt in Kansas that has him the most excited.
Why? Because that May 3 hunt will benefit his parents’ Big Oak Ranch, two Christian-based children’s homes in Alabama that take in abused and orphaned boys and girls.
Croyle was brought up on that ranch and learned to admire his parents’ work. Now that he is in the position to provide some help, he is excited about the possibilities.

“I’ve had friends who have done fundraiser golf tournaments,” he said. “But this turkey hunt is more fitting for me.

“It combines something I love with a good cause.”

Here’s how it will work: The first 25 hunters from the public who sign up for a $500 fee will be paired with volunteer guides who have access to hunting land in Kansas.
During a kickoff party the night of May 2 at Arrowhead Stadium, Croyle, some of his Chiefs teammates and country-music artist Rhett Akins will appear. And at an auction, the hunters will bid for Croyle’s and Akins’ services as guides.

The following day, hunters and their guides will go their separate ways and take part in a day of hunting. They will return to Arrowhead at 5 p.m. for a buffet dinner and awards ceremony for the hunters who take the biggest turkeys.

Croyle is getting help organizing the event from former Chiefs quarterback Tony Adams, himself an avid turkey hunter, and Adams’ outdoors Web site, Discover the Outdoors (dto.com), which is based in Lenexa.
For Croyle, this event, called the “Brodie Croyle Turkey Trot Charity Hunt,” is a comfortable fit. He grew up hunting and took his first turkey when he was only 7 or 8.

“When I saw that gobbler come strutting in, I knew turkey hunting was for me,” he said. “I just enjoy the setup, the strategy, hearing the birds call and trying to get them to come in.”

Croyle has taken some big gobblers in Kansas. Now he is hoping to guide someone else to a trophy bird during his charity hunt.

“We’d like to get this to be an annual event,” he said. “Kansas has some great turkey hunting, and there’s some great land not far from Kansas City. So it’s the perfect place to have an event like this.”
<hr class="infobox-hr-separator"> Brodie Croyle Turkey Trot Charity Hunt
•WHAT: A hunt in Kansas that will benefit the Big Oak Ranch, Christian-based children’s homes in Alabama run by the parents of Chiefs quarterback Brodie Croyle.•FORMAT: The first 25 hunters from the public who sign up for a registration fee of $500 will be paired with volunteer guides. Awards will be given to the hunters who take the biggest turkeys.
•WHEN: The hunt will be May 3. The night before, there will be a kickoff party at Arrowhead Stadium, which will include a dinner, guest appearances by Croyle and some of his teammates and country music singer Rhett Akins, and an auction and raffle.

Fruit Ninja
04-25-2008, 10:20 PM
The irony in this is he's the one thats going to be hunted when we start the 2008 season. Brodie "Road Kill" Croyle.

Count Zarth
04-25-2008, 10:22 PM
I can just hear his voice saying these quotes.

"When ah sawr that gobbla com strutin in, I knew tur-kay huntin' was fer me. i just enjoy tha setup, tha strat-ah-jay, hearin' tha burds call and tryin' ta get them them to come in."

thurman merman
04-25-2008, 10:30 PM
OMG i hate that guy

aturnis
04-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow...a picture of a guy who enjoys hunting. Huh.

Otter
04-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I knew I liked that guy!

mikey23545
04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Brodie is actually a man, nothing you could understand while hiding under Mom's sheets. I'm sure there's only one kind of gobbling you'll ever be familiar with.

Brodie's a hick,
you love the dick.

Buehler445
04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
What the hell is wrong with hunting?

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey, GOATSE: Have you ever hunted for anything that wasn't on MickyD's dollar menu?

Rausch
This makes me sick. Why can't he just open a bar or hang with rappers like everyone else?...

Count Zarth
What the hell is wrong with hunting?

Nothing. But just that picture, those quotes, Brodie's personality. Damn. I guarantee you he has at least three pairs of Cowboy boots.

Pablo
04-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Nothing. But just that picture, those quotes, Brodie's personality. Damn. I guarantee you he has at least three pairs of Cowboy boots.You're right. He should probably trade them in for some Timberlands to fit in with the rest of the leauge.

Buehler445
04-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Nothing. But just that picture, those quotes, Brodie's personality. Damn. I guarantee you he has at least three pairs of Cowboy boots.

I bet he has fewer pairs than Jared Allen. And there is nothing wrong with Cowboy boots. I personally don't have any because I hate them, but I'm not going to hate on people that wear them.

Count Zarth
04-25-2008, 10:41 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7929/brodiegn6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

thurman merman
04-25-2008, 10:41 PM
my friend asked me once, "do you ever get the feeling that brodie croyle would be wearing a helmet even if he wasn't playing football?"

thurman merman
04-25-2008, 10:42 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7929/brodiegn6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ROFL

Pablo
04-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Brodie should really stop using his spare time to organize hunts benefiting children; he could be doing much more productive things with those firearms...like shooting them off in strip club parking lots at 4 in the morning after "making it rain". Stupid hick bastard.

Count Zarth
04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
There's just something hilarious about this photo.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2748/brodie2hi8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2008, 10:49 PM
WHERE ARE YOUR HANDS GOING, BRODIE

WATCH YOUR HANDS

stlchiefs
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
WHERE ARE YOUR HANDS GOING, BRODIE

WATCH YOUR HANDS

someone has to make the turkey talk

Count Zarth
04-25-2008, 11:09 PM
We have our new center.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2154/1424072copycopydi8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

blueballs
04-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Nerd vs Hick
a vote for the hick

KCChiefsMan
04-25-2008, 11:58 PM
nothing like seeing a gay nerd making fun of the personal life of a starting NFL quarterback.

btlook1
04-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Brodie is actually a man, nothing you could understand while hiding under Mom's sheets. I'm sure there's only one kind of gobbling you'll ever be familiar with.

Brodie's a hick,
you love the dick.

Don't knock the hunting if you ain't tried it! Big rush!

Demonpenz
04-26-2008, 12:05 AM
beautiful bird. I don't know why you have to kill something that beautiful but that is ok. Now deer. They are just a pain in everyone's ass *queue the machine gun smiley*

stlchiefs
04-26-2008, 12:40 AM
beautiful bird. I don't know why you have to kill something that beautiful but that is ok. Now deer. They are just a pain in everyone's ass *queue the machine gun smiley*

I take it you're not a fan of Thanksgiving?

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 01:20 AM
I see nothing wrong with bird hunting. What is the problem with shooting a bird?

I live in a big city and for sport I, and many of my co-workers drive to the country to shoot birds in the fall.

Are we hicks too?

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2008, 01:21 AM
No big deal IMO, but I grew up hunting and fishing. I would rather our players be out hunting instead of shooting up strip clubs or beating their girlfriends or dealing dope. And not to mention this going to a good cause, his family ranch is a pretty cool thing helping troubled kids get their life back together.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 01:49 AM
No big deal IMO, but I grew up hunting and fishing. I would rather our players be out hunting instead of shooting up strip clubs or beating their girlfriends or dealing dope.

Because these are the only alternatives with today's athletes? Shooting up strip clubs, beating women or dealing dope?

I think that about 99% of all NFL players would dispute that type of stereotype.

Why didn't you throw in "getting two DUI's in two years"? Is that okay?

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 02:59 AM
Lighten up Hollywood. He is simply pointing out that there is nothing wrong with hunting and fishing.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 03:02 AM
Lighten up Hollywood. He is simply pointing out that there is nothing wrong with hunting and fishing.

F*ck off.

I'm merely pointing out that there is more to NFL players than guns, strip clubs and drugs.

In case you hadn't received the memo.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Didn't receive the memo. Maybe you could post a pic of your house and all of the NFL players that live on the hill with you? That might legitimize your NFL Player status.

Are you going to threaten to come up and throw down again?

We're all gangsters up here in Stockton (is that where you said I lived last time?)

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Didn't receive the memo. Maybe you could post a pic of your house and all of the NFL players that live on the hill with you? That might legitimize your NFL Player status.

Are you going to threaten to come up and throw down again?

We're all gangsters up here in Stockton (is that where you said I lived last time?)

No, I said you lived in Tracy with all the other white supremists.

Asswipe.

Oh, and you don't know jackshit about the NFL.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 04:23 AM
No, I said you lived in Tracy with all the other white supremists.

Asswipe.

Oh, and you don't know jackshit about the NFL.

Dude. You really need chill. Out of no where you drop a don't now shit about the NFL line. Based on? I played Fantasy in Big Daddys' league 2 years and finished 2nd and 3rd the 2 years I played. Not bad for a group of 10.

You have called me a racist because don't I like Barry Bonds. Whatever.

I am sick of punks with keyboard guts throwing out threats. I have no idea who you are but I am willing to meet you at a gym with headgear and gloves. When you called me a racist you said you would come up and kick my a**.

If you prefer meeting up here let me know.

I will be in the OC on Memorial Day, the 4th and Labor Day. Let me know if there is a gym down thee that you would prefer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 05:42 AM
This thread is all kinds of awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 05:44 AM
They made a sequel to "Surviving the Game" with Gholston in the Ice-T role, but distributors felt they couldn't sell a movie that saw the hunted kill 34 armed men in 2 and a half minutes.

So for the next two hours, they filmed Gholston's deltoids.

The film won 13 Oscars, including Best Original Screenplay and Best Cinematic Adaptation of a Deity.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Given Croyle's injury history, I wouldn't put it past him to separate his shoulder from the kick of a 12-gauge.

Braincase
04-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Given Croyle's injury history, I wouldn't put it past him to separate his shoulder from the kick of a 12-gauge.

QFT

And although I don't persoanlly hunt, I see nothing wrong with sportsmen hunting. I've seen a lot of white tail deer growing out of windshields. Wildlife sometimes needs to be harvested, too. But if you do hunt, please use it in meals, not just as photo art.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Smoked these for 4 hours. Were great.

Fire Me Boy!
04-26-2008, 06:51 AM
QFT

And although I don't persoanlly hunt, I see nothing wrong with sportsmen hunting. I've seen a lot of white tail deer growing out of windshields. Wildlife sometimes needs to be harvested, too. But if you do hunt, please use it in meals, not just as photo art.

Wild turkey's some damn good eats.

Skip Towne
04-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Wild turkey's some damn good eats.

Delicious. The wings are as big as chicken breasts.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 07:12 AM
QFT

Trick to eating pheasants is to lay strips of bacon over them so they are crispy on the outside and tender in the middle.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Tasty

Spott
04-26-2008, 07:39 AM

I would much rather have that than to have some metrosexual dude that drives a VW Passat and hangs out at Starbucks every day.

Delano
04-26-2008, 07:55 AM
QFT

Legal hunting is the most efficient and effective way for wildlife agencies to manage game populations.

I agree that trophy hunting is repulsive, but if it the hunter has a license, what can ya do?

catfish307
04-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Mines bigger

Bwana
04-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I knew there was something I liked about Croyle and it isn't his football skills.

There is nothing wrong with turkey hunting goat boy. Try making it out of your mommas basement for a day, break away from your Starwars figures at some point in your life and try it.

Helpful hint: You may want to hire a guide so you don't get lost in the woods and die from hypothermia.

Chiefaholic
04-26-2008, 09:35 AM
If enjoying life outdoors makes you a hick, then so are the majority of men in the world. It's hard to describe the thrill when you drop a large buck, or net a monster bass. If by chance you happen to grow a pair in the future, you'll understand.

kcfan82
04-26-2008, 09:42 AM
We need less pictures of Brodie on this board and more pictures of Mrs. Croyle.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 09:47 AM
The only thing I never liked about turkey hunting is how goddamned quiet and still you had to be. Now granted, I wasn't exactly running around like John McLane when I went deer hunting, but at least you could move around to different areas. (Never was much of a stand hunter).

CoMoChief
04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
fat ****

Fire Me Boy!
04-26-2008, 10:06 AM
http://partmule.com/blog16/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/kelli-croyle.jpg

stlchiefs
04-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Brodie is a goober.

I don't use that word ever, but it's all I can think of when I see pics of him (that and his wife's tatas, I mean hooters, milkjugs, I wanna lick em, MAMA).

Count Zarth
04-26-2008, 10:16 AM
lmao...this thread blew up

WITH HICKS!

Bwana
04-26-2008, 12:23 PM
lmao...this thread blew up

Not unlike your date round boy.